Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,876 members, 7,959,746 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 06:25 AM

Some Real Fact About Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Real Fact About Coronavirus (264 Views)

25 Facts About Coronavirus, Share FACTS Not FEAR / The First China Doctor To Warn About Coronavirus Dies Of The Virus (Photos) / All You Need To Know About "CORONAVIRUS" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Real Fact About Coronavirus by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Before I proceed may I bring to your notice that all the information contained in my lecture were extracted from known research authorities and not just a mere speculation.

these research authorities include but not limited to;
- *The world health organisation WHO* .
- *The Mohammed bin Rashid University of medicine and health science, Dubai, UAE.*
- *The online scientific website "life science"*

*What is a virus*
Virus is a tiny infectious agent that is too small to be seen with the human eye or even under a normal microscope.
They can only replicate and multiply if inside a living organism, such as human, Animal, or plant. Which act as the host.

*What are respiratory viruses*
Respiratory viruses infects the lungs and airways, respiratory infections tend to affect the normal function of the lungs causing breathing problems.

*Now, what is Covid-19*
Covid-19 is an infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered (SARS-CoV-2), the new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in an open food market in Wuhan, China in December 2019.
Corona virus(CoV) are a large family of viruses that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases, such as *severe acute respiratory syndrome*.(SARS)

*Mode of transmission of the virus*
-Droplet transmission.
-Contact transmission.
-Airborne transmission(not 100% confirmed yet).

*The Elements in the chain of transmission*
There are six elements in the chain of transmission namely:
- *The infectious agent* i.e the virus itself.
- *The reservoir* i.e the host where the virus is firs of all generated.
- *The transmission* I.e the transfer if the virus from the reservoir to another host. (victim)
- *port of exit* i.e the exact part/act of the host or reservoir responsible for allowing the virus be transfered e.g sneezing, coughing, contact (touching)
- *port of entry* i.e the exact part/act of the recipient of the virus responsible for allowing the virus be accommodated in the body of the receiving host, e.g (rubbing of eyes or nose with an infested finger)
- *susceptible host* i.e someone with weak immune system or elderly person.

*How to prevent its continuous chain of infection*
- Practicing good hand hygiene frequently. (Hand washing)
- Coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Cleaning and disinfecting our environment
- Practise social distancing
*Now, untold stories about the virus*

*Untold story 1*
Why was there no vaccines for the infection?
- scientists are working hard to understand this new virus to produce its vaccines.
The *common anti biotics* do not work against virus, they could only treat the effect of *bacterial and parasitic infections* like malaria, meningitis, pneumonia. etc.
*The reason why it is very difficult to produce a vaccine for virus is due to the fact that virus mutates so rapidly and are more or less like shape shifters. So, if you think you have developed a treatment against a specific form today, tomorrow they may mutate into a form resistant to the said treatment.*

*Untold story 2*
Why do people recover if there is still no proven cure/vaccine for COVID-19?
Most respiratory viruses including corona virus are "self limiting" in nature, what this actually mean is that, they have a relatively finite period in the human body before they wear themselves out, or the immune system on the other hand fight and contain them and the sufferer recovers.
So, treatment of the virus is this aimed at
1. Relieving symptoms, in order to make the sufferer comfortable.
2. Keeping the infected person alive by supporting organs and systems attacked and impaired by the virus in the sufferers body.

*Untold story 3*
How long can the virus survive on surfaces? According to the world health organisation, it is not yet certain how long the virus survived in surfaces, however studies suggest that the virus may persist on a surface for a few hours or up to several days and it varies under different condition like the nature of the surface, temperature or humidity of its host environment.
But, a research is conducted on the virus and it shows that the virus could not really survive in an environment whose temperature is as high as 29 or 30 degree celcius.

*This is a natural advantage we enjoy in Africa which made it more easier for us to get rid of the virus faster than the cooler western world, owing to the fact that Africa is still the hottest continent on earth.*
*Untold story 4*
Who is at risk of developing severe illness from contracting the virus?
Older persons and persons with pre-existing medical condition such as (high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease, cancer or diabetes.) These set of people appear to develop serious illness more often than others based on the demographic report of the pandemic cases carried out by the world health organisation globally.
The current estimated global situation of the virus is given below..

Active cases- more than *2.4 million* active cases

Recovered cases- more than *600 thousand* recovered cases.

Death rate- more than *160 thousand* death recorded so far world wide
And the current estimated Nigerian situation as of today goes thus.

Active cases- more than *600* active cases nation wide.

Recovered cases- More than *150* people recovered nation wide.

Death rate- more than *20* death recorded in Nigeria as of today.
Lastly if you wish to get an up to date information on a world map, that gives a direct information of each country's situation as regard the pandemic.

Go to the below website.

www.covidvisualizer.com.

Thank you all for your time, I really appreciate you all..

Please let's stay safe, and stay healthy.
Re: Some Real Fact About Coronavirus by Ayeesharh(f): 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
Thanks op
Re: Some Real Fact About Coronavirus by EstherWalker: 11:34am On Apr 24, 2020
This is very important to understand the gravity of situation that corona virus is penetrating in those areas where people are not following the instructions and this webpage is best to spread awareness among people that if strong measures are not adopted then it can be life threatening. One more thing which is too alarming for all the people that we should know the basic precautionary step for the safety of whole family so we can easily beat this virus.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Does It Mean Once Anybody Have Catarrh,cough Or Fever,next Is Test? / Unintended Consequences Of Nigeria's Lockdown / Covid-19: How Can A Confirmed Case In Lagos Travel To Ondo For Treatment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.