Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,022 members, 7,931,521 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:42 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (1013902 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewJeans: 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2023
Tvegas:
It will be stamped for 2 years. You can use a valid visa inside an expired passport, provided that you have applied for a valid passport when you want to travel. You will be required to present the expired and valid passport at the point of entry.

Hi, quick question please, my parents put 6 weeks on their ds160 for their recent stays in the usa, both times they came on their current visa but they stayed 7-8 weeks, they only come once a year, will this be a problem, or they have to redo their ds-160 application again before their IW drop off on Tuesday. And they aren’t second or third time travelers, my parents have been coming to the US since the 80’s. Would this pose a problem for them?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2023
NewJeans:

Hi, quick question please, my parents put 6 weeks on their ds160 for their recent stays in the usa, Would this pose a problem for them?
It shouldn't pose a problem, 6 weeks is a good estimate not every one have the patience to calculate exact timeliness. They are elderly and that's a plus. Worst case scenario they will call them for follow up interview to clarify. If they had stayed beyond 6 months that can be an issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2023
phebeansans:
Thank you.Should i go to Isolo on my IW date or before that date?

You should have received a mail about new drop off DHL locations.... I think there is one in Surulere, Bode Thomas, if Surulere is closer to u. Just check with them.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 22, 2023
beautyuche:
Good Morning House,

I have a valid USA visa and want to apply for my infant son. Will this be a drop box? Also I will like to get a date for my husband to make his application while I Stand in for my son.
Lastly I want to renew my older kid USA passport. How do I marry all this request to one date as we don't live in Lagos.

Your husband & baby(younger) will definitely need to apply and appear for a visa interview either in abuja or lagos. Your older baby doesn't need to appear for an interview to renew his passport. Passport renewal is independent of the visa interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2023
Please how do I get an appointment for interview waiver
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2023
How long after document drop off at DHL does US Embassy return the passport with the visa affixed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2023
overlord77:
How long after document drop off at DHL does US Embassy return the passport with the visa affixed
It depends, some have gotten theirs back in 5 days and some have taken 3 weeks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

It depends, some have gotten theirs back in 5 days and some have taken 3 weeks.
are all applications via dropbox approved?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2023
aaidel:

are all applications via dropbox approved?
Some people are required to show up for an interview if there’s anything unclear.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Some people are required to show up for an interview if there’s anything unclear.
oh ok thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fumisko(f): 9:38am On Feb 24, 2023
Good day, please I applied for USA interview wavier Dropbox for my mum and dad and they did drop box 26th January 2023. I had opened a new profile or email to submit the application for my dad. Because he had changed his passport, the system never promoted me that he had an existing account.
My mum’s visa application was out in ten days. His own remained pending. I started calling the support center three weeks after we hadn’t received his. Some support agents that picked said to wait till 14 working days. His flight date that was booked passed and mum also couldn’t travel because she wanted waiting for him so they go together. Two days before the flight date passed, I frantically called the USA visa customer support team, then one of them told me my dad had double profile and she Wld delete the old one. She then made a short call while I waited on hold (this was on 21st February) After that, she said I Wld still just have to wait till it’s out. The next day, his visa status moved from approved (it’s been approved since February 1st) to Issued (just yesterday 22nd February) and it’s been proceeding fine from there now. I really feel bad cuz it Wld cost a lot to change his ticket now.
Does it mean it’s the double profile on the USA embassy appointment booking site that slowed down his application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fumisko(f): 10:00am On Feb 24, 2023
Travelpes:
Same here.I appled Jan 17th and saw on the screen thatvrequest has been submitted.Since then no email or response.I fill the feedback on my profile, they responded that request has been received and i will get a mail once approved.Please does it take so long to get this mail or did i do something wrong?Anyone that has experienced this?

Have you finally received it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ifax(f): 10:38am On Feb 24, 2023
Maybe , maybe not. Some take days and some take weeks. That’s why it’s not advisable to buy tickets before getting a visa. Dropbox isn’t automatic visa, they can decide to call you in for interview.

fumisko:

Does it mean it’s the double profile on the USA embassy appointment booking site that slowed down his application?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fizcoo20(m): 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by slashthroat: 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 6:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
fumisko:
Good day, please I applied for USA interview wavier Dropbox for my mum and dad and they did drop box 26th January 2023.
The State website states that the IW process may take up to two months. It's not good planning to buy ticket before the visa is issued. So Just wait it out and don't irritate them with more calls. I have heard of Canadian embassy in particular returning applicants passports without visa due to incessant calls. cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Travelpes: 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
Yes i got and submitted on feb 8th
fumisko:

Have you finally received it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
Please how do I get an appointment for interview waiver?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by toluh(f): 11:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teegal215: 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
Goodafternoon everyone. Please Is it possible to apply for visa renewal while in the US and then submit the application at the nearest DHL once back in nigeria ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Retrovibes1: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2023
Hi everyone, I need your help.
please I need a copy of student us visa denial blue slip (s214b)
I discarded mine when I was given, but now I urgently need to upload it for another application.
please send to shoesbyzii @ gmail.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2023
Retrovibes1:

Hi everyone, I need your help.
please I need a copy of student us visa denial blue slip (s214b)
I discarded mine when I was given, but now I urgently need to upload it for another application.
please send to shoesbyzii @ gmail.
Thank you.

why and where do you need to upload a generic letter of refusal?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Retrovibes1: 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2023
seyewest:

why and where do you need to upload a generic letter of refusal?
A school in the uk, I got a conditional offer and uploading documentary evidence for the refusal is one of the conditions I need to fulfill.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2023
Retrovibes1:

A school in the uk, I got a conditional offer and uploading documentary evidence for the refusal is one of the conditions I need to fulfill.
If you’re in Lagos go to the embassy , you will find someone who will give you the generic letter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Retrovibes1: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

If you’re in Lagos go to the embassy , you will find someone who will give you the generic letter
I’m not in Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fumisko(f): 11:28am On Feb 26, 2023
Tvegas:
The State website states that the IW process may take up to two months. It's not good planning to buy ticket before the visa is issued. So Just wait it out and don't irritate them with more calls. I have heard of Canadian embassy in particular returning applicants passports without visa due to incessant calls. cheesy
Watttt !!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fumisko(f): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2023
ifax:

Maybe , maybe not. Some take days and some take weeks. That’s why it’s not advisable to buy tickets before getting a visa. Dropbox isn’t automatic visa, they can decide to call you in for interview.

Tnxxxx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fumisko(f): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2023
Travelpes:
Yes i got and submitted on feb 8th
Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by unclepauly: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hi everyone, I am looking into applying for Dropbox and was hoping someone could share a little information on the process. I have a visa interview date but it seems to have changed since March.

What is the process of applying for Dropbox for someone who has a visa interview date? And yes, I had a US visa. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
unclepauly:
Hi everyone, I am looking into applying for Dropbox and was hoping someone could share a little information on the process. I have a visa interview date but it seems to have changed since March.

What is the process of applying for Dropbox for someone who has a visa interview date? And yes, I had a US visa. Thanks guys.

If you qualify for IW, cancel your current appointment then response to the questions from scratch.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2023
update i just received via mail now
for applicant whose appointment were cancel last year within 24 October 2022 to December to reschedule now via the link below

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Diamondroyal: 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2023
Any one know how I can go about how to get appointment date for SCHEDULLING FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT.

My passport was returned after IW Dropbox and was asked to come for interview.
I have been checking and no appointment dates available.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (452)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.