Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (986267 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:58pm On Jun 13
SmallmebigGod:
Can someone submit a Dropbox application at DHL using a proxy or must the applicant appear in person?

Kindly help

You have to appear in person.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:59pm On Jun 13
SmallmebigGod:
Can someone submit a Dropbox application at DHL using a proxy or must the applicant appear in person?

Kindly help

One member of the family can submit for all in family application.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:00am On Jun 14
Niksie:
Thanks for your help.

You OK now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 4:05am On Jun 14
I received a mail that my passport is ready. I have tried to schedule an appointment for pickup with DHL but I keep getting records not found error. I have raised tickets yet no feedback from DHL. My pick up location is DHL Victoria Island. What should I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:18am On Jun 14
Newsolutions:
I received a mail that my passport is ready. I have tried to schedule an appointment for pickup with DHL but I keep getting records not found error. I have raised tickets yet no feedback from DHL. My pick up location is DHL Victoria Island. What should I do?

Go there and pick your passport.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 9:21am On Jun 14
godguy:

this is for Lagos
no link of how to join the group
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:28am On Jun 14
teachme451:
Hello, my appointment for the US b1 visa is for June2025 in Lagos and I am worried.
- is the Abuja preferable to Lagos?
-Any tips on how to get a more closer date like say; Nov, Dec 2024 or Jan2025?
-Also how can one use the reschedule option?
-What does it mean to if I go ahead to cancel my appointment? What are the advantages and disadvantage to it?. if I go ahead to cancel the June2025 which I am scheduled for, will I still get the same june date if cannot get a closer/early date of Nov 2024,Dec2024 or Jan2025?
PS- I don't want the emergency route
I anticipate your feedback
Flourishing247
OyotunjiUSA
Fkj950ax
Meljoe

Hey 🤠

1. The only thing you can tip the USA embassy in order to get your desired visa appointment date especially on B1/B2 is to " Apply for the Emergency Appointment.

2. I won't answer a controversial question like " Is Abuja preferred to Lagos ? But if you say 1+1 is 10 in Lagos and run to Abuja to repeat the same thing then you will score zero in both locations.

3. To use the reschedule option , click on it from your cgi portal and it will take you to available dates and if you don't like the dates it brings out then you log out of cgi. The next day or after few hours you can login and repeat the same till next year until you find your favourable date.

4. Let's assume you have pegged your interview location to Abuja and this is your 1st pick then you can still cancel the appointment and choose Lagos. You can only cancel or change location once otherwise you are on your way to purchasing another visa (MRV) fee.

5. Naturally for B1/B2, if you cancel the 2025 let's say in Abuja and schedule another appointment, your first allocated date is still 95% likely to be 2025. That is the introduction year before you start looking for nearer dates or use your last option which is the emergency appointment.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 11:28am On Jun 14
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. The only thing you can tip the USA embassy in order to get your desired visa appointment date especially on B1/B2 is to " Apply for the Emergency Appointment.

2. I won't answer a controversial question like " Is Abuja preferred to Lagos ? But if you say 1+1 is 10 in Lagos and run to Abuja to repeat the same thing then you will score zero in both locations.

3. To use the reschedule option , click on it from your cgi portal and it will take you to available dates and if you don't like the dates it brings out then you log out of cgi. The next day or after few hours you can login and repeat the same till next year until you find your favourable date.

4. Let's assume you have pegged your interview location to Abuja and this is your 1st pick then you can still cancel the appointment and choose Lagos. You can only cancel or change location once otherwise you are on your way to purchasing another visa (MRV) fee.

5. Naturally for B1/B2, if you cancel the 2025 let's say in Abuja and schedule another appointment, your first allocated date is still 95% likely to be 2025. That is the introduction year before you start looking for nearer dates or use your last option which is the emergency appointment.

Best Wishes 🙏
this emergency appointment is actally what?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchee(f): 1:11pm On Jun 14
Goodday House ,
please am still awaiting resolution of access to my kids profile and error message of "their details being linked to an exiting profile in database. which the email quoted happens to be my mail though. I tired calling and speaking with the Agents (several I spoke to as a matter of fact)and each promising to send temporary password without doing it and have just recently sent an email respectively for both to their support email.
Please I want to know how long from the date of sending email with their Biodata and error messages would they get back/resolve ?
I really dont know why its hard for them to resolve the above issues.

Also I have gotten for my own Scheduling approval to book a date, so please given the situation can I Schedule mine first or wait to resolve their issues? also is their a time lapse to when I can use the link sent to me to schedule mine? As I will ordinarily want to attend the Visa Interview same time with my children.
Kindly assist me our Seasoned Colleagues on the platform on how to proceed further.
Flourishing247
OyotunjiUSA
etc

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14
uchee:
Goodday House ,
please am still awaiting resolution of access to my kids profile and error message of "their details being linked to an exiting profile in database. which the email quoted happens to be my mail though. I tired calling and speaking with the Agents (several I spoke to as a matter of fact)and each promising to send temporary password without doing it and have just recently sent an email respectively for both to their support email.
Please I want to know how long from the date of sending email with their Biodata and error messages would they get back/resolve ?

Also I have gotten for my own Scheduling approval to book a date, so please given the situation can I Schedule mine first or wait to resolve their issues? also is their a time lapse to when I can use the link sent to me to schedule mine? As I will ordinarily want to attend the Visa Interview same time with my children.
Kindly assist me our Seasoned Colleagues on the platform on how to proceed further.
Flourishing247
OyotunjiUSA
etc

Thank you.

Hey 🤠

1. I want to think that you or your agent have used an information (perhaps your previous email) for your kids that you have forgotten and it's now reflecting as duplication ?

2. Why not start all over for your kids ? I mean fill another DS-160 and after final submission do not exit on the "Thank You Page... and start family application for your kids ? this will automatically complete some parts of the DS-160 for each family member but everyone still needs their own individual DS-160.

3. If your kids are under 14 year olds they actually does not need to appear for interview, therefore you will have to submit their visa application on the day of your own visa interview.

This subject is a complex lesson to be completed. Call the CGI.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 6:59pm On Jun 14
meljoe:
Oh it’s not for me , I have , it’s for my daughter and she’s in the Uk as a student for now

Let me tell you what I did yearssssss ago. I was a very young student in the uk and my dad told me to apply for a usa visa in london, I was refused. 2 years later, I came back to naija for summer holiday and I applied using my dads visa, I was approved. The only doc the consular asked for was a copy of my dads visa.

Most times, its better to come back home to apply, although Nigerians still ger their usa visa in uk. However, If you have a usa visa and she wants to try again in UK, when they ask her what are you going to do in the US, she should say I am traveling with my dad for family holiday ( that was what I said and the visa officer asked to see his visa).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zeemama10: 9:22pm On Jun 14
Hello,
Pls I’m trying to change my IW appointment from Lagos to Abuja..

Do I need to pay another MRV fee and how do I go about it since my DS160 already reads Lagos. Do I fill in a new form . I need guidance.

Apologies if this has already been discussed

[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchee(f): 11:57pm On Jun 14
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. I want to think that you or your agent have used an information (perhaps your previous email) for your kids that you have forgotten and it's now reflecting as duplication ?

2. Why not start all over for your kids ? I mean fill another DS-160 and after final submission do not exit on the "Thank You Page... and start family application for your kids ? this will automatically complete some parts of the DS-160 for each family member but everyone still needs their own individual DS-160.

3. If your kids are under 14 year olds they actually does not need to appear for interview, therefore you will have to submit their visa application on the day of your own visa interview.

This subject is a complex lesson to be completed. Call the CGI.
olor=#000099]Best Wishes 🙏[/color]

Thank you for this response.
However I need some clarification
By email used for them earlier is this the email filed in their Ds-160 or the one used to create profile on Traveldocs you are referencing for the error?

If I fill a new Ds-160 will I need to pay another Visa Fee for them ?
Also just to mention they are under 14 years. So given what you stated does it mean with my own scheduled appointment I can go for interview with their application form and Visa payment evidence . Please kindly enlighten me on this point 3.

Also like you suggested I will still try to call them but please note I have sent them emails on these issues earlier today but I don’t know if they respond and and when they will resolve .like their turn around time to provide feedback.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Thank so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SmallmebigGod: 12:49am On Jun 15
flourishing247:

One member of the family can submit for all in family application.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:58am On Jun 15
uchee:

Thank you for this response.
However I need some clarification
By email used for them earlier is this the email filed in their Ds-160 or the one used to create profile on Traveldocs you are referencing for the error?

If I fill a new Ds-160 will I need to pay another Visa Fee for them ?
Also just to mention they are under 14 years. So given what you stated does it mean with my own scheduled appointment I can go for interview with their application form and Visa payment evidence . Please kindly enlighten me on this point 3.

Also like you suggested I will still try to call them but please note I have sent them emails on these issues earlier today but I don’t know if they respond and and when they will resolve .like their turn around time to provide feedback.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Thank so much

Hey 🤠

1. Possibly yourself have created cgi profile on Traveldocs with two different emails but cgi help-line is still your last resort.

2. No , DS-160 is a free online VISA application form which you can fill as many time as you want in the case of error or you want to add additional information, and you do not have to pay any money to do that.

3. For under 14 children (minors), they are not required to appear for physical interview but, perhaps you still need to book an appointment for them in order to be able to submit their visa applications, [/b]Therefore, follow the instruction number 2 i gave you in my previous answer then [b]fill individual DS-160 form for them and print out the confirmation pages.

4. Then schedule your VISA application appointment and indicate your kids as travel companions. There on step 6 you will see : Please click “Add by Name” or "Add Existing Applicant" if you have a group/family member (including a child) who needs to apply for a visa with you.

5. [/b]The above steps gives you authority to submit their visa applications ie travel passports, mrv receipts, Ds-160 confirmations, birth certificates and other evidences of biological parenting on the day of your VISA appointment.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Midazman(m): 3:49am On Jun 15
Newsolutions:
hi bro, how long did it take to get the email? is it interview waiver?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:21am On Jun 15
Zeemama10:
Hello,
Pls I’m trying to change my IW appointment from Lagos to Abuja..

Do I need to pay another MRV fee and how do I go about it since my DS160 already reads Lagos. Do I fill in a new form . I need guidance.

Apologies if this has already been discussed

You need to fill a new form. Also don't forget to update your profile with the changes. ( New form code and kocation). No need to pay fees.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:30am On Jun 15
uchee:
Goodday House ,

Flourishing247
OyotunjiUSA
etc

Thank you.

Please I want understand something.

Did you try to open a new profile for them with new emails?

Did you remove them as dependents in your own profile? If no then you have to do that.

Did you at anytime use agents to apply for visas? If yes, it is possible the email was changed. You might have to ask the agent.

Also check your spam box for important emails.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Niksie: 4:24pm On Jun 15
Not yet.

The dates I’m seeing are still the same.

I guess maybe because I have not been approved to schedule IW.

Thanks for asking.

flourishing247:

You OK now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by waleayeni1: 4:38pm On Jun 15
Dear Fam, if you have left the shores of this country please do me the honor of filling my questionnaire. I am creating tailor made services that are cheap for you. https://forms.office.com/r/xPHw4qBg3d
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:24pm On Jun 15
Niksie:
Not yet.

The dates I’m seeing are still the same.

I guess maybe because I have not been approved to schedule IW.

Thanks for asking.

If you are seeing dates it means you have been approved for scheduling date. I know Lagos drop box might be in November now. Abuja might be August 2024. So what are you seeing?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchee(f): 4:05am On Jun 16
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Possibly yourself have created cgi profile on Traveldocs with two different emails but cgi help-line is still your last resort.

2. No , DS-160 is a free online VISA application form which you can fill as many time as you want in the case of error or you want to add additional information, and you do not have to pay any money to do that.

3. For under 14 children (minors), they are not required to appear for physical interview but, perhaps you still need to book an appointment for them in order to be able to submit their visa applications, [/b]Therefore, follow the instruction number 2 i gave you in my previous answer then [b]fill individual DS-160 form for them and print out the confirmation pages.

4. Then schedule your VISA application appointment and indicate your kids as travel companions. There on step 6 you will see : Please click “Add by Name” or "Add Existing Applicant" if you have a group/family member (including a child) who needs to apply for a visa with you.

5. [/b]The above steps gives you authority to submit their visa applications ie travel passports, mrv receipts, Ds-160 confirmations, birth certificates and other evidences of biological parenting on the day of your VISA appointment.

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you very much this is noted.

Completing a New Ds-160 form for both kids , firstly the email to be filled some place herein does it have to be their personal email or mine in this Ds-160 (as in their present Ds-160 I had put in my alternate email for them while completing theirs) ?
Also will this allow for new access on travel doc (considering it’s their same personal email to be used as earlier used ) or am I supposed to use My email or what to access Traveldocs afterwards to schedule an appointment (don’t know if I need to do this again)

Also please note that I had already scheduled my own appointment, So do I need to Reschedule Mine now to enable me follow through No.4 point you stated above or what now?

While noting that in my own DS-160 application completed at the time, I had stated them as my travel companion and had put in their requested details just thought to mention.

Thanks and awaiting your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchee(f): 4:28am On Jun 16
flourishing247:

Please I want understand something.

Did you try to open a new profile for them with new emails?

Did you remove them as dependents in your own profile? If no then you have to do that.

Did you at anytime use agents to apply for visas? If yes, it is possible the email was changed. You might have to ask the agent.

Also check your spam box for important emails.

Okay to answer the questions ,
1. I actually did use New emails (in their name) to create their own profile on Traveldocs. It was in the process of fill in their details to enable me schedule their appointment I got the error message of existing profile and later could no longer log into their profile.

For which I have sent complaint emails for both of them to travel docs support using both of Thems emails and including their data pages and MRV receipts .

2. I on my own profile on travel docs when trying to schedule appointment included their details (as dependants) but later Removed them and booked for only me.
However I included their details in my Ds-160 as people I will be traveling with. They are both under 14.

Also worthy of note is in their Ds-160 completed their is a provision for email it was my second email I used in completing their form not their personal emails.

So this is my situation now and not knowing how to proceed further to enable me schedule appointments for both of them as I did mine.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:49am On Jun 16
uchee:
Also please note that I had already scheduled my own appointment, So do I need to Reschedule Mine now to enable me follow through No.4 point you stated above or what now?

Don’t reschedule your appointment.
Since they are dependents and also minors, you will be given the opportunity to bring them for your interview as you have included them on your DS160 and USTravelDocs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:08am On Jun 16
uchee:

Thank you very much this is noted.

Completing a New Ds-160 form for both kids , firstly the email to be filled some place herein does it have to be their personal email or mine in this Ds-160 (as in their present Ds-160 I had put in my alternate email for them while completing theirs) ?
Also will this allow for new access on travel doc (considering it’s their same personal email to be used as earlier used ) or am I supposed to use My email or what to access Traveldocs afterwards to schedule an appointment (don’t know if I need to do this again)

While noting that in my own DS-160 application completed at the time, I had stated them as my travel companion and had put in their requested details just thought to mention.

Thanks and awaiting your response

Hey 🤠

** Your kids does not need ustraveldoc (CGI) profiles as minors, and thats why you are getting the duplication error whenever the email you used for them in Ds-160 is detected. Pls abadon the CGI profiles you have created for them.

** Do not cancel your own appointment but you will fill a new DS-160 in order to merge all of you together .

1. Now, start another DS-160 form for you as the principal applicant and the parent and after the final submission, do not exit the session. Then on the " Thank You" page that follows the confirmation page, you will see an option to create a family application. This 2nd stage will now complete some parts of the DS-160 for each of your kids by linking your VISA applications (DS-160s) together.

2. Now, go back to your own CGI portal and login, after logging in click on profile and update with your new DS-160 confirmation number from number 1 above then log out. Log back after 3 days in order to print out another VISA appointment letter.

3. With the number 2 above, you are now eligible to attend your present visa appointment alone and submit your kids visa application same day because they are excempted from interview as minors.

** Before number 1 above, you must have filled a separate DS-160 form for your kids with any new email addresses. And if the consular really want to see your kids physically you might be place on 221g and be ask to bring them afterwards.
Use another email for the kids. U can create for each of them.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mummywifey: 11:30am On Jun 16
I just got my visa renewed via IW and would like to apply for my minor son, is it compulsory to go with my minor for his interview, or I can go in alone on his behalf
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Niksie: 12:18pm On Jun 16
The dates I’m seeing appears to be for physical interview cos of the message attached too. Please see attached.

Or is that the way it appears for IW too?

Earliest date for lagos is December.

This is the same appointment scheduling page i have been seeing since i answered the IW questions. I thought approval should come via email before i could see IW dates.

I have not received such email since 12th June when I initiated the process though I saw a part which says approval for IW appointment could take 10 business days(I don’t know if this is valid).

Thanks.

flourishing247:

If you are seeing dates it means you have been approved for scheduling date. I know Lagos drop box might be in November now. Abuja might be August 2024. So what are you seeing?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CNNalhaji(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16
Mummywifey:
I just got my visa renewed via IW and would like to apply for my minor son, is it compulsory to go with my minor for his interview, or I can go in alone on his behalf

Dear Mummywifey.
You will have to take your son to the embassy. Not very certain but i heard no more interview waiver for age 0-90. Someone just have to accompany them.
Cc @OyotunjiUSA, i also read that from August 2024, US visa applicants won't be able to use ustraveldoc website to schedule appointments. Possibly they are introducing another avenue. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:15pm On Jun 16
Niksie:

The dates I’m seeing appears to be for physical interview cos of the message attached too. Please see attached.

Or is that the way it appears for IW too?

Earliest date for lagos is December.

This is the same appointment scheduling page i have been seeing since i answered the IW questions. I thought approval should come via email before i could see IW dates.

I have not received such email since 12th June when I initiated the process though I saw a part which says approval for IW appointment could take 10 business days(I don’t know if this is valid).

Thanks.

Call the embassy and verify this. This date should be IW. Normal interview is now far gone into 2025.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zoey1: 9:56pm On Jun 16
Hello everyone,
Are there any applicants who live in Nigeria but decided to drop their application in neighboring countries that had closer enough dates.
I just want to know if anyone had tried this before.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:50am On Jun 17
Zoey1:
Hello everyone,
Are there any applicants who live in Nigeria but decided to drop their application in neighboring countries that had closer enough dates.
Thanks.

You must apply from place of residence.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:48am On Jun 17
Zoey1:
Hello everyone,
Thanks.

Hey 🤠

1. Yes many people have tried it and it worked but those people works, reside as a dual resident or citizen, married to a citizen of such country or have a kind of tie to such neighbouring countries.

2. If you cannot prove any of the above ties to such countries lets say in Togo or Ghana then the consular officer will term your application as visa, consular or forum shopping. That means you want to use the advantages of the country for visa thinking that the consular in such countries would be lenient towards you or won't know much about your background.

3. And yes, the number 2 above is true. Nigeria consular officers knows much about you, just as the Togo or Ghana consular officers knows much about the Togolese or Ghanaians. They are experts in your culture, behaviors and the characteristics of Nigerians, etc and this will give the Togo or Ghana
consular officers extra work. Hence, all USA embassies prefers VISA applicants to be locals (bona fide citizen of the country) of the embassy's location they are applying for VISAS.

Best Wishes 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.