Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,224 members, 7,974,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:13 PM

Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! (7168 Views)

Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee / Jamb Rules Out Extension Of Utme Forms Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
I think this for security reason
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by marshal4us(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
stevetboy9:

This might sounds selfish: the inclusion of private schools in this heap of rubbish is out of way!
i wonder hw most nairalanders tink. how do u tink it wil look like if d public skools ar closed and private wil be going to skool. ar they both not nigerian children. even if they are allowed to go to school, dis same you wil blame d govt for dat. use ur head
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by kcjazz(m): 6:44am On Jan 10, 2011
Nigerians are quick to criticize every government move even if it makes sense, I blame the government for not communicating well with the citizens.
We all want a free and fair election, at this time any improvement from the last election is a plus. INEC needs schools because they are neutral places with big spaces. The alternative is to use churches or mosques which for most cities are not the safest places.

Yes, INEC should have planned ahead but again they have being running late compared to the past,because of the time of the leadership change by the government which is part of the restructuring. Additional costs, yes for families but we have to sacrifice to make the same future of those children better. Kids won't fail, my secondary school once shut down for 2 months after a fire outbreak and we still adjusted and did our exams.
Running a successful election is logistically difficult, you will never know but it is. Government is right on this one.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2011
@marshal4us, you can commit suicide provided you ain't comfortable wiv my post.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by marshal4us(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
SSaemoenl:

So tired of this country More headaches when you continue, Imagine plan by this useless politicians?
be there and continue being sorry 4 nigeria. wat are u doing to better the situation, infact u are d problem nigeria is facing and until u change, nigeria wil continue to detoriorate.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by lawkaro: 2:08am On Jan 11, 2011
Can any good thing come out of Nigeria Govnt.lol
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Xtfield(m): 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2011
I received a call from a relation in Ondo State that the extension of holidays has been cancelled. Any confirmation please?
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by marshal4us(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
stevetboy9:

@marshal4us, you can commit suicide provided you ain't comfortable wiv my post.
i dont't really have to report you to the moderator for now because i think you are suffering from geneology imbecility,  talking of suicide,  well, youhave already comitted it because i can understand your frustration, bingo!
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Tattooboy: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2011
Shout outs to Jega for the inconveniency
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Oluwabee(f): 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2011
Well now i tink i can undastand why it is just public school and d private one whr not included.
Since it is election/voter's registration most /all public school will automatically be a center and if trouble starts it is sure goin to start from these centers and wen it does u know wat it is

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Watching P0rn Can Do To Your Brain> / Unizik 2nd List: Z T Out? / The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.