Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:02 AM

NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators (28954 Views)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Johnrake69: 7:18am On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:
I doubt you have doctors that can successfully intubate a patient with a respirator and besides You don't need ventilators because the offer no benefits to the patient ..

This is really scary... New York 80%, Wuhan 86%, UK 66%.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Angelfrost(m): 7:22am On Apr 24, 2020
Poor excuses...

Even the so called few ventilators are over 500... I can bet you not up to 10 are currently in use, or will ever be used.

That aside, what have you spent so much money on, including donated billions??! I know palliatives were not given to the poor, so what did you do with the money??!

You all will burn in hell!!!

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Peterpanny: 7:24am On Apr 24, 2020
TheTraveler:
The worst mistake this government will make is to extend this lockdown!
my friend the lockdown has already been extended.and for ur information covid 19 is f*urkkiing freaking real in Nigeria.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by anigbajumo(m): 7:26am On Apr 24, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
You keep pondering on testing, I do not think ''testing'' is the most important thing we need now. I believe we are told that the virus shows up within 2weeks. If Nigeria goes on a 3 weeks lockdown, those with the virus who fall sick, can go to hospitals, if positive, they and family would be isolatated and treated. But when the lockdown is not effective, people do not stay home, people are complaining of hunger, government are not helping, how will the lockdown be effective? The government has a greater part to play. Don't forget that yesterday we read that over 40 health workers have contracted the virus and are currently in isolation. How can 40 health workers contract it? it means they do not observe necessary precautions or are not provided with necessary materials. I wonder how many people those health workers must have infected in our poorly resourced hospitals. The health workers who should test us are even a danger to us as well, pathetic country.

The basic fat is if this disease is overwhelmed in this country, everybody might suffer it one way or the other,FG should as a matter of urgency extend the lockdown,av not seen anyone die of hunger in the past few weeks and testing kit should be distributed across the 774 Local government.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Oladayo12(m): 7:33am On Apr 24, 2020
TheTraveler:
The worst mistake this government will make is to extend this lockdown!
Lockdown that has been extended already, wait for bubu announcement come april 27th.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by mvem(m): 7:34am On Apr 24, 2020
Racoon:
And what have become of all the COVID19 billions donated? Coronavirus will locate all the looters in this government.
how many ventilators do you think 100 billion naira can get ?...
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by kolotar: 7:40am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:
The king of ventilators can give us some grin
[/s]
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by engrgd(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2020
Olunmercy56:
Where are the billions we are hearing everyday is going Awon ole buruku undecided undecided
Very good question. They seem to be playing on the people's intelligence.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by valarmorghulis: 7:48am On Apr 24, 2020
godofuck231:
you all will remember goodluck Jonathan, it was a promise
The same Jonathan that denied chibok girls for a week? Oga abeg pack one side

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Adakintroy2: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2020
dangermouse:
Take a chill pill bro, the lockdown is going to take months... Advice u start getting used to it.

It cannot take months. I am down to my last supply as it stand. No one is picking calls for borrowing because almost everyone is in the same boat. Some don't honestly have the ones that have are facing uncertainty. I am the few lucky ones.

If you keep the economy closed you are facing recession. Job looss. A collapse economy is not easy to restart.

Some will loose there job this season. That could mean more yrs at home. If you think it's hard finding a job in times of plenty, goodluck getting one in recession. Few months and people are complain. Recession may keep you indoors indefinitely. Depression suicide..all this are imminent realities to consider. T

My point the government will need to come up with innovative solution. Two things can be true at once. Yes there is virus spread. but there is also hunger and depression weak immunities as a result.

Death by virus or by slow hunger. This is were we need thinkers not scared leaders.

We are behind the curve. If America had our numbers they would have long open but with strict measure. Not this lock down measures. We just copy with no proper summation of the various fragment.

3 Likes

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by kayourcome: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2020
This crazy man was asked few weeks back , he said they wouldn't be needing added ventilators that they will be shifting it to needed states. Why now asking or making excuses that there is no enough ventilators now. Do they think we are stupid or they forget what their previous utterance was?... God will wipe all of you out soon. Eyin werey yi
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by echibuogwu(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2020
Bro why are u sounding stupid
dederocs:
only 20% of those infected meet their demise.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by dangermouse(m): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2020
Adakintroy2:

It cannot take months. I am down to my last supply as it stand. No one is picking calls for borrowing because almost everyone is in the same boat. Some don't honestly have the ones that have are facing uncertainty. I am the few lucky ones.

If you keep the economy closed you are facing recession. Job looss. A collapse economy is not easy to restart.

Some will loose there job this season. That could mean more yrs at home. If you think it's had find a job in time of plenty, try getting one in recession.

My point the government will need to come up with innovative solution..two things can be true at once. Yes there is virus spread. but there is also hunger and depression weak immunities as a result.

Death by virus or by slow hunger. This is were we need thinkers not scared leaders.
No doubt about that, every well meaning goverment has provided and are still providing palliatives for its citizens and that cant be said of nigeria.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Prenonjebose: 8:13am On Apr 24, 2020
Many of the hospitals designated for Covid 19 are in sorry state. They lack basic facility that should qualify them as hospitals, talkless of the extra equipment and facilities to engage in the treatment of Covid 19 patients.

2 Likes

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by NigeriaB(m): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2020
josen16322:
fu*k ncdc and fu*k fg angry

Thank God I'm not fu*ked!
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Acidosis(m): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2020
Olunmercy56:
Where are the billions we are hearing everyday is going Awon ole buruku undecided undecided

I think there's a lot of mis-education and poor enlightenment going on in this country.

The so called billions from the private sector were not donated to the government. Let's ensure we are well informed on this. Dangote, UBA, Sterling Bank, CBN, Globacom, Otedola, and other individuals and organizations that donated in billions and millions did not send the money to your government.

They all came together to form a coalition called CA-COVID. This is a joint coalition of private donors. They decide on what to do with their monies without your input or consultation with any government.

If you care to know what they've chosen to do with their money, then try to follow up on news on CA-COVID. You can also follow them on Instagram, Twitter, etc. The last I heard, they will be distributing food items to over 1.5 million households (with the aim of feeding 10% of Nigerians) next week. They've also ordered for around 500k test kits and some undisclosed number of other items.

This is how they choose to spend the billions you talked about.

Let's stop disturbing the government out of ignorance. There are no billions anywhere aside what the government has allocated and other few donations from churches and certain individuals (in the form of hospital equipment).

I will always say this, no government will shut down its own economy because of petty donations.

2 Likes

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by dangermouse(m): 8:16am On Apr 24, 2020
Peterpanny:
my friend the lockdown has already been extended.and for ur information covid 19 is f*urkkiing freaking real in Nigeria.
True that! And they should prepare thier mind too, cos the lockdown will last for months.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by josen16322(m): 8:20am On Apr 24, 2020
@NigeriaB u wanna get fu*k too
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Acidosis(m): 8:23am On Apr 24, 2020
Racoon:
And what have become of all the COVID19 billions donated? Coronavirus will locate all the looters in this government.

Dangote
UBA
First Bank
Sterling Bank
Globacom
Alakija
Access Bank
Otedola
& More than 15 others did not donate to any government. They formed a coalition (CA-COVID), call the shot, decide on what to do with their monies, and move at their own pace.

95% of monies donated so far did not go to any government. Let's stay informed.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by NnamdiN: 8:24am On Apr 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If you mention that man name again, I go send thunder make it fire you where you dey stay-in-place...... nonsense! undecided undecided undecided undecided
this moniker don tey for nairaland. smiley

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by RTSC: 8:29am On Apr 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If you mention that man name again, I go send thunder make it fire you where you dey stay-in-place...... nonsense! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Kobojunkie is back.

Where have you been?

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by RTSC: 8:30am On Apr 24, 2020
NnamdiN:
this moniker don tey for nairaland. smiley
One of the legends of nairaland along with Beaf, davidylan, sagamite and many others.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by dederocs(m): 8:31am On Apr 24, 2020
kaluxy007:

Like 40 out of 200 people is what you call only??
4% of infected people, we have about a few thousand infected people, with time we will start using the vaccines and medicines, so everything will be back to normal. my point is NCDC should not put unneccesary fear in the minds of Nigerians, rather let them use the billions allocated for them to build isolation centres and also bring in equipments and materials needed to fight this virus, that is their job, not telling us this. The world will get the vaccine soon, its bad for us to close our economy for too long, even government is loosing revenues daily...all over the world economies are opening up. As adults lets try to comprehend properly before responding, spreading fear and closing down our economy and system for too long will cripple us. Humans have lived with viruses frok time immemorial, we will get past this, but let us not cripple our economy and system, it wiill lead to more severe impacts on us.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by josen16322(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2020
hardship see my poor neigbors beggin 4food see tears of hunger cry'( cry cry
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by dederocs(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2020
Galaticos444:
and u said that's only while in d US it's jst 5% and dey ar complaining bitterly
It is not even up to 20% here, am.talking futuristically, before we get the vaccine/medicine... for now its about 8% or so here. fear also weaken the system, life must go on, albeit with some caution.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by silverkings: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2020
tamonokare:
What do you need laboratories for when we have churches and mosques ? Una make us dey run go church for every issue , coro don come , una don know say laboratories dey important. Oyibo dey build big, well equipped laboratories, Nigeria dey build big churches and mosques. Adeboye wan build church wey big like the whole of Ibadan. We never serious.
Adeboye is your Governor or president abi. learn to channel your blame to the Government and Leave Religious Leaders. They didn't coerce anyone to worship in their churches

2 Likes

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Brunicekid(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2020
dederocs:
only 20% of those infected meet their demise.
About 4-7%...But, they are still human beings. Every Human Life is valuable.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by dederocs(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2020
Brunicekid:
About 4-7%...But, they are still human beings. Every Human Life is valuable.
thank you for providing the right figure...yes i know, we all must continue to take precautions, face masks and sanitizers, when going out...we all are reasonable humans, NCDC should do its job, not spread bad news, it has a mandate to work, billions have been appropriated to it...closing down the economy for too long might bring out the animal in the citizenry, hunger breeds crime and restiveness, this too leads to people's demise.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by silverkings: 8:53am On Apr 24, 2020
Tallesty1:
Why you no add Mosque?
Don't Mind Them. Every slightest chance is for condemnation of church and Christians. Church is now government saddled with the responsibility of providing basic amenities to the citizens. We go get sense last last. So many Antichrists exist here
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Helena6(f): 8:55am On Apr 24, 2020
Racoon:

I think in this period, some countries will have money but will find it difficult to purchase anything. Supply chain is seriously grounded now with different countries at different levels of lockdown and no manufacturing.
Our best bet is to start looking for immediate local solution but then NCDC can only do what Govt approves.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by dumodust(m): 9:01am On Apr 24, 2020
Investnow2017:

My bro. It is not a case of having the money now, it is getting ventilators and enough lab and testing kits. I think that is why he mentioned "supply chain". But what baffles me is that all along they have been assuring everyone that they are ready.

Additionally, only about 20% of those who where placed on ventilators in New York survived. Once a Covid-19 patient gets to the point of having to use ventilator the chances of survival especially for those that have underlying health issues is very slim.

We do not know what we are dealing with yet. I am very very concerned about our fire brigade method. Brazil recorded 407 deaths yesterday alone and over 3,000 testing positive in just one day.
Any body needing life support already has a high chance of dying from any disease causing respiratory failure like covid.
20 percent is a very big percentage to dismiss. It suggests that out of 20, 4 will survive.
I will rather be given that chance if it comes to that than to just die especially if young.
Re: NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:

Come on man , 9 out 10 is a total failure for any procedure
Anyone who cannot breath is as good as dead. Ventilators don't cure any diseases. That's not what they were designed for. They only help to get oxygen into the lungs of those who otherwise should be in the morque.
Any system that could help restore life in 3% of those who are as good as lifeless has done a great job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) / COVID-19: Wear A Face-mask And Don't Kiss During Sex - Canada / Health Effects Of Wearing Tight Underwear (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.