Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,409 members, 7,947,700 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. (1232 Views)

Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
It was Saturday morning. April 18, 2019. I woke up to turn on my phone to check for new notifications and i discovered i got almost 200 messages on my ever stagnant telegram app. I quickly wonder what might have caused this numerous messages on my telegram since i hardly use it.

I quickly open the app just to discover i have been added to a telegram group called 'OIL & GAS INVESTMENT PROGRAM' Then i began to read through the chats trying to see if i would see a familiar contact comment or at least get to know the person that added me to this group. I went to the group info page to see a mutual contact but i found nothing.

I saw a lots of testimonies from this group about people praising the scheme and an edited screenshots of credit alert from 500k to millions of naira as their ROI (return on investment) and i was astonished and full of happiness thinking i finally found the right platform of investment reason being,

Reasons:
1. i know people invest in oil and gas sector like buying of shares etc and i thought this is the right spot.

2. From the picture below you can see the group had up to 9500 subscribers. Seeing this gave me a bit of confidence that the group is real.

3. Seeing up to 5 testimonies every 25 min makes it looks real too.

But something flash back my senses and i began to question the genuinety of this scheme. What I did first was to post to the group and ask them 'Is this thing for real?' Non from the testimonials respond but only the admin of the group with same group name as username.

The next thing he told me in the group was to send him dm with a particular link and he will explain how it works. But i noticed my comments in the group was deleted.

Suspicious no.1 I quickly send another chat to the group asking the group why my previous message in the group was deleted. Within a minute, my message was deleted again then i went to the admin PM to inquire more about the scheme knowing fully well its all scam cos i have worked close to oil industry before and i know there's nothing like HYIP in the oil industries that will yield return in just 45min but to clear my doubts perhaps it might be that the admin trade stock markets on oil and gas. I asked him to tell me how. I also asked him why my messages was deleted in the group and what he told me was the group is meant for testimonies only. (Suspicious no. 2)

From the imaged i posted below you can see the group members, testimonies and my chats with the admin.

He gave me same formats all this MMM and HYIP scammers use like Binomo etc. I have never fell for this kind of scam before because i know nothing like this comes easy. What i wanted to do was to waste the dude time and thereby requested for data from him giving him hope i wanna really invest but i ran out of data and i need data to send the fund blah blah blah etc but i thought to myself it's not worth it during this lockdown. I'd use my energy for something else.

This reason why i brought this here is to sound an alert to the public. Because;

1. You might get fooled by the mumber of people in the group (how d guy pulled that up i don't know. Perhaps, he bought the group)

2. Fake testimonials with fake credits screenshots might fooled you into believing this is real. (how he did that too i don't know.) Apparently he created numerous telegram accounts to do that. Who knows?

3. This method is easy to fool people with. Its just like someone hacking your friend Facebook account with 4k friends and sending u pm to advertise a fake scheme you may quickly fall for it especially if the said friend is not reachable on phone at that moment.

Becareful out there. There's no scheme in this world that will double your investment in 45min or even 24hrs unless you want to be scammed. Don't let greed lead you into something you will later regret.

Thank you.

Re: Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
More of the screenshot. My chat with the admin.

Re: Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Last Screenshot. I had to cover my telegram username from our chat.

Re: Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. by yanabasee(m): 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Will comment tomorrow jarreh

1 Like

Re: Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. by gfamz: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2020
Thanks for this info... undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Please Beware Of This New Scam In Town. by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2020
dem full every where even genuine once now look like scam na wow ohh

MEANWHILE, ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

(1) (Reply)

SHAME!!! Pastor Caught Making Love To Church Member In The Bush. / Face Of Killer SARS Officers In Nigeria Still Working Freely / Armed Robbers Stacked Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.