Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,362 members, 7,950,755 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

Based On True Story: The Adventure Of Farouq The Paul - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Based On True Story: The Adventure Of Farouq The Paul (160 Views)

Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? / Finally, Minister Sadiya Farouq Marries Chief Of Air Staff / The Paul Of Yesterday, Who Saw Tomorrow (1 Of ...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Based On True Story: The Adventure Of Farouq The Paul by TheStorier(m): 11:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
This is true story of Farouq(Now Paul)which tells how he met his wife Eliza, how he was converted to christianity and how he escape been eaten by cannibals. Enjoy it!
Farouq just received his NYSC call up letter to serve in Adamawa State. Filled with joy to serve his motherland and enthusiasm to explore
another region of the country and to meet new friends from other higher institutions,he took his belonging and set off the following week.
Beside him in the bus he boarded, seated a pregnant woman who always complain about her discomfort in the vehicle. Behind Farouq was a fat talkative trader that tattle on every thing he sees and hears in the journey.Hardly had they negotiated a bend than they confronted a road block managed by bandits in a town after Lokoja . The ruthless robbers where fierce looking, and armed to the tooth.
"At first I regretted embarking on the journey. Although I have no choice.I have to accept my fate ."
Farouq narrated.
"We were forced to alight our bus. The rule was this,YOU BRING NOTHING YOU DIE FOR NOTHING. So you have no option than to buy your life with whatever you have. " he continued.
Even those that submitted non-substantial goods like shoes and cloths where beaten or shot at their legs. There are corpses of passengers that could not presents anything.The scene was gruesome. " I gave them all my money so I was not touched." Farouq said.
"Where is your money or you die? Woman! " One of the bandits shouted at the pregnant woman.
"Please consider my condition,my husband is late.I am a widow."
She cried. The pregnant woman just lost her husband in a fatal accident that occurred in Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.Filled with anger, her in-laws accused her of being a witch and also the cause of her husband's death and also other misfortune in the family. She was forced to leave her matrimonial home in Offa to her sister's place in Makurdi . Besides this her in-laws were not in support of their marriage because she is from Igala .However she had nothing with her except a piece of old wrapper.This was what she told Farouq in the bus.
" Don't give me empty excuses woman" The robber gazed at her.
" At least consider the baby in my womb." The woman pleaded.
"That baby is also a robber." The robber chuckled and shot her twice at her belly and she dropped dead.
A cold ran down Farouq body and felt like devouring those men raw but he was held back by the trader.
"Do not make any move or you die like a dog here.These men dine,bath and sleep with the Devil." The trader cautioned him.
They finally left the robbery scene but Farouq arrived Adamawa in the mid-night tired.
"I have no means of reaching my family at home so I have to rely on my wit and the little resources with me. " He said
Throughout his first week in the camp .................To be continued.

1 Share

Re: Based On True Story: The Adventure Of Farouq The Paul by TheStorier(m): 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
If you find my any stories Interesting you buy a cup of coffee by sending some bucks into my account in my signature. Save a soul and you be blessed. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Save Money During This Pandemic- Free Energy Audit! / FG Rescues Nigerian Put Up For Sale By Lebanese / Adventures Of An Aspiring Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.