Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,237 members, 7,880,891 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:43 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1122471 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Magdagascariens: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Graceisallineed:

Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield. UK

Ohk. Thanks and good luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jaguar22(m): 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bikaa27(m): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
mimilyrics:
1. See quoted response on laminated documents below.
2. Your travel passport is sufficient.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Magdagascariens:

Someone needs Unis wey dey collect below £2k as deposit ni...

May God heal the world Ma cool cheesy wink

Okay. Most universities that takes low deposit, their tuition fees are often higher than normal

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Earlier today someone asked about address when filling out the Visa application. Another person responded saying hotel booking is a absolute way out. it just dawn on me that with the new immigration guidelines and the two weeks isolation, it may be necessary that you get an accommodation before arrival. This may be a strong condition when the UKVAC opens

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Magdagascariens:

I have not talked about cheating the system here. The above is what it is - your personal opinion. undecided

I didnt mean to imply that you are trying to “cheat” literally. You just missed the joke!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Magdagascariens: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
mattfeuter:

I didnt mean to imply that you are trying to “cheat” literally. You just missed the joke!

Its ok. And I'm sorry...

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:40am On Jun 08, 2020
This is not always the case
Sheffield Hallam requires £1k & tuition is around £11,905 (1yr) & £13k about for two years.

BCU requires £1,500 & tuition is below £12k.

SAMDEEA123:

Okay. Most universities that takes low deposit, their tuition fees are often higher than normal

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:26am On Jun 08, 2020
Skymoore1004:
This is not always the case
Sheffield Hallam requires £1k & tuition is around £11,905 (1yr) & £13k about for two years.

BCU requires £1,500 & tuition is below £12k.

Do you know this isn't the cheapest? There is a school for 9480 pounds and another for 10k pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:43am On Jun 08, 2020
Yes I know: University of Chester, Liverpool Hope University

I’m only saying that low tuition deposit does not always mean the tuition will be high as you stated earlier .
SAMDEEA123:

Do you know this isn't the cheapest? There is a school for 9480 pounds and another for 10k pounds?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 1:56am On Jun 08, 2020
Just to chip in a bit about the tuition deposit and the balance of the fees itself, and I am talking from seeing peoples experiences as student ambassador in my former Uni. Not to discourage anyone, but after tuition deposit and all, schools have structured the rest of fees payment and sometimes the pressure to meet up is real. For example, before COVID, a Cov Uni with perhaps £12k fees will perhaps have a £4K deposit to get CAS, and then get to £8K during enrollment and the balance in 3months. The pressure students face in meeting up with this structure sometimes is not funny, before you know it you start getting regular emails and reminders from finance, or tier 4 team or international offices etc. Please make sure you know the structure of how this will work in your school and put measures in place to meet up.

The point is, try to think of the bigger picture outside just the deposit and plan for it adequately. Things might be slightly easier now with COVID but it should be on your mind.

SAMDEEA123:

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 2:03am On Jun 08, 2020
I think most schools are already factoring this requirement or planing towards this for the next academic session in September. A lot of things will change, some schools may provide accommodation or not, (different approach will be taken) When it is time, work with the team in your schools to help answer the key questions when filing your visa form. It will help save cost and avoid mistakes.

Cheers

SAMDEEA123:
Earlier today someone asked about address when filling out the Visa application. Another person responded saying hotel booking is a absolute way out. it just dawn on me that with the new immigration guidelines and the two weeks isolation, it may be necessary that you get an accommodation before arrival. This may be a strong condition when the UKVAC opens

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:15am On Jun 08, 2020
Louder for the people that always ask ”please can only easily pay off tuition with side job of 20 hours a week? How is Sunderland, how is Sheffield, Leeds nko?, are there many student jobs there?”..

Like she said, always know the payment structure & plan accordingly....
dduchess90:
Just to chip in a bit about the tuition deposit and the balance of the fees itself, and I am talking from seeing peoples experiences as student ambassador in my former Uni. Not to discourage anyone, but after tuition deposit and all, schools have structured the rest of fees payment and sometimes the pressure to meet up is real For example, before COVID, a Cov Uni with perhaps £12k fees will perhaps have a £4K deposit to get CAS, and then get to £8K during enrollment and the balance in 3months. The pressure students face in meeting up with this structure sometimes is not funny, before you know it you start getting regular emails and reminders from finance, or tier 4 team or international offices etc. Please make sure you know the structure of how this will work in your school and put measures in place to meet up.

The point is, try to think of the bigger picture outside just the deposit and plan for it adequately. Things might be slightly easier now with COVID but it should be on your mind.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 2:23am On Jun 08, 2020
You no dey sleep smiley

Skymoore1004:
Louder for the people that always ask ”please can only easily pay off tuition with side job of 20 hours a week? How is Sunderland, how is Sheffield, Leeds nko?, are there many student jobs there?”..

Like she said, always know the payment structure & plan accordingly....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:33am On Jun 08, 2020
grin wink
dduchess90:
You no dey sleep smiley

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by zeebeedee: 7:37am On Jun 08, 2020
Please is my age a contributing factor as im 24 just applying for bsc?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by zeebeedee: 7:48am On Jun 08, 2020
Guys pls im new here,ive been reading through but i would like somethings clarified,im yet to apply as im still looking through schools,but i would like to know about sponsorship,i read through that one must use own's acct or parents acct for sponsorship,pls how exactly does that work considering the person sponsoring me is not a relative of mine..How do i go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 7:52am On Jun 08, 2020
"mimilyrics and others have done justice to this question before...The advice on how to go about it is to request the funds to be transferred to your account''.Please read through previous threads again. The answer is there, somewhere

zeebeedee:
Guys pls im new here,ive been reading through but i would like somethings clarified,im yet to apply as im still looking through schools,but i would like to know about sponsorship,i read through that one must use own's acct or parents acct for sponsorship,pls how exactly does that work considering the person sponsoring me is not a relative of mine..How do i go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 8:18am On Jun 08, 2020
Hubbysluv:
Hello house,

Please for those that want to make deposit payment through form A, which bank is reliable. Stanbic and Zenith have been frustrating me since last 2 weeks. I started with Stanbic, submitted all the necessary document, and they are requesting for school fees receipt. I don't understand. I move the money to Zenith now they are telling me no funds. I tire for this our Naija banks. Abi them dey hoard the money ni undecided

Which bank is reliable biko?

Availability of funds is subject to CBN and not your bank.

Your bank submit your application and bid for fund from CBN and as soon as it is made available they process your request.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by beautyfoch: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2020
mimilyrics:
You missed out IHS cost of £450 for 1 year courses (300 for each year of your course and 150 for the extra time granted after your course ends).
It will go up to £470 (Tier 4 and Tier 5 applications) and £624 (for other adult categories) in October 2020.

Good morning.

Please help me clarify this.

Peradventure the IHS is increased by October, will it be 470 ×2 + 150 (extra time granted after the program ends) for a two years program

Or just 470 × 2.

Thank you

Edited some mistakes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 11:33am On Jun 08, 2020
It should be 470 x 2 plus 150 because currently it is 300 x 2 plus 150 for 2 year’s courses
beautyfoch:

Good morning.

Peradventure the IHS is increased by October, will it be 470 + 150 (extra time granted after the program ends) × 2 for a two years program

Or just 470 × 2.

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by beautyfoch: 11:42am On Jun 08, 2020
Yimi4real:
It should be 470 x 2 plus 150 because currently it is 300 x 2 plus 150 for 2 year’s courses

Wow... The increment is gonna be massive shocked

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by qonfupanda: 11:44am On Jun 08, 2020
Good morning my E-Families......am considering Teeside university for my wife. Is there any job opportunity in the city of middlesbrough ?. I would love to go with her but I do not know the visa denial rate fo a dependent visa. Kindly advice .
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2020
Just to add, there is an automated IHS fees checker. Please see https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

ensure you double check when the new fee is implemented.

All the best

Yimi4real:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2020
Good morning. When it's increased in October, it should be £470 (new IHS cost) + £235 (which is half of £470 for the extra 4-6 months) = £705 for one year programs.

For 2 year courses, that should be £470*2 (2 years IHS) +£235 (half fee which is usually charged for the extra 4-6 months leave added to the visa) = £1,175.

Note: If your leave/visa includes part of a year that is 6 months or less, the IHS amount payable for that year will be half of the annual fee. If your leave/visa includes part of a year that is more than 6 months, the full annual amount will be payable.

beautyfoch:

Good morning.

Peradventure the IHS is increased by October, will it be 470 ×2 + 150 (extra time granted after the program ends) for a two years program

Or just 470 × 2.

Thank you

Edited some mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
My brothers and sisters o!!!
Please everybody should advice me.
I am on my way to make payment for MSc Biomedical science. Abeg this course dey ok? And how that Chester area! Abeg, the money wey I won pay na 6450pounds and e dey make me cry as I dey type so. I suffer make this money o. For many years I dey hustle. I no go like do anyhow with am. Chai!! Nija Don do me strong thing.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
beautyfoch:

Good morning.

Or just 470 × 2.

Thank you

Edited some mistakes.

Wrong.

IMMIGRATION SURCHARGE FEE BEFORE OCTOBER 2020

If you apply before October,

For a one year program it will be: 300 plus 150= £450

For a 2 year program, it will be: (300 ×2)+ 150= £750

IMMIGRATION SURCHARGE FEE FROM OCTOBER 2020 ONWARDS

For a one year program it will be: 470 plus 235 = £705

For a 2 year program, it will be: (470 ×2)+ 235 = £1175

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
So if someone says otherwise for example, what will change? Will you forfeit your dreams of studying the U.K.?

Questions like this should be prior to admission etc. You’re almost at the bridge, just cross over brother
Capitalbase:
I am on my way to make payment for MSc Biomedical science. Abeg this course dey ok? And how that Chester area! Abeg, the money wey I won pay na 6450pounds and e dey make me cry as I dey type so. I suffer make this money o. For many years I dey hustle. I no go like do anyhow with am. Chai!! Nija Don do me strong thing.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
Capitalbase:

Best Regards.

Better have patience to pay any deposit. UKVI have not given any approval for school to issue CAS documents for visa application as some aspects of your course will be online due to coronavirus. Also visa office in Nigeria is not yet opened. Wait till July when UK government give new rule of Tier 4 visa issuance so you will make informed decision. You dont know may be visa wont be issued till next year.

Is your course accredited? Biomedical science course must be accredited so NHS can employ you. Do your research and equip your self with skills as no one can assure you of your future and employment.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

Wrong.

IMMIGRATION SURCHARGE FEE BEFORE OCTOBER 2020

If you apply before October,

For a one year program it will be: 300 plus 150= £450

For a 2 year program, it will be: (300 ×2)+ 150= £750

IMMIGRATION SURCHARGE FEE FROM OCTOBER 2020 ONWARDS

For a one year program it will be: 470 plus 235 = £705

For a 2 year program, it will be: (470 ×2)+ 235 = £1175

Na wa ooo. This just extortion at this point

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

Better have patience to pay any deposit. UKVI have not given any approval for school to issue CAS documents for visa application as some aspects of your course will be online due to coronavirus. Also visa office in Nigeria is not yet opened. Wait till July when UK government give new rule of Tier 4 visa issuance so you will make informed decision. You dont know may be visa wont be issued till next year.

Is your course accredited? Biomedical science course must be accredited so NHS can employ you. Do your research and equip your self with skills as no one can assure you of your future and employment.

Oga which one is maybe visa won’t be issued till next year again??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Na wa ooo. This just extortion at this point

Imagine going for a 4 years course grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.