Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,225 members, 7,880,846 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1122460 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
mattfeuter:

Oga which one is maybe visa won’t be issued till next year again??

Am I holding you. If you like pay your deposit now, it is not my business. It is your life as I am not benefiting anything.

Even most of the schools are confused and cant do anything on CAS issuance without UKVI guidance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Na wa ooo. This just extortion at this point

Abi o. They are just using immigrants to fund their economy. I laugh when people say health care is free. Most people especially students dont even use hospital at all throughout their studies so they gain a lot.

Non student IHS fee will be £624 by October. They will make lots of money also when PSW visa comes.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

Abi o. They are just using immigrants to fund their economy. I laugh when people say health care is free. Most people especially students dont even use hospital at all throughout their studies so they gain a lot.

Non student IHS fee will be £624 by October. They will make lots of money also when PSW visa comes.

There soon be a movement like BLM on Visa fees very soon .....a student with a family of 4 or a Tier 2 with a family of 4 who then moves on to 5 or 10 years visa path. At the end , just look at the total Visa and fees paid. It just so ridiculous

Theresa May no try at all... a lot of the exploitation were polices put by her when she was in the Home Office
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
Capitalbase:
My brothers and sisters o!!!
Please everybody should advice me.
I am on my way to make payment for MSc Biomedical science. Abeg this course dey ok? And how that Chester area! Abeg, the money wey I won pay na 6450pounds and e dey make me cry as I dey type so. I suffer make this money o. For many years I dey hustle. I no go like do anyhow with am. Chai!! Nija Don do me strong thing.

Best Regards.
My dear,don't be in hurry to make any financial commitment to any school for now.Try wait till ending of July,by then all higher education institutions in UK and UK government will be in a better position to decide how everything will work. pls don't rush .thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

There soon be a movement like BLM on Visa fees very soon .....a student with a family of 4 or a Tier 2 with a family of 4 who then moves on to 5 or 10 years visa path. At the end , just look at the total Visa and fees paid. It just so ridiculous

Theresa May no try at all... a lot of the exploitation were polices put by her when she was in the Home Office

You said it.
It was Jeremy Hunt who brought in the IHS when he was health secretary, the most incompetent ever - he was in charge when the Tories made most of the cuts to the NHS that is causing it these difficulties now, while they encourage people to clap for NHS workers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Joke of the day grin
pretty1986:
My dear,don't be in hurry to make any financial commitment to any school for now.Try wait till ending of July, by then all higher education institutions in UK and UK government will be in a better position to decide how everything will work. pls don't rush .thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Joke of the day grin
Why do you like teasing pretty1986?

Do you like and admire her. I can help you if you wish.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

lol..hosey.. I could say the same for you.. why do you notice everything skymoore does hmm...? Februrary 14th is still far away.. grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Abi o. Prior 2015, there was no immigration surcharge and NHS was even in better place.

This shows that the money is extortion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
We don’t need to wait for 14th February.
@hosey, anything for the boys?
mamacajah:

lol..hosey.. I could say the same for you.. why do you notice everything skymoore does hmm...? Februrary 14th is still far away.. grin

Why won’t I admire someone named pretty? grin
hosey:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

Am I holding you. If you like pay your deposit now, it is not my business. It is your life as I am not benefiting anything.

Even most of the schools are confused and cant do anything on CAS issuance without UKVI guidance.

You’re damn right it’s not your business so don’t put unnecessary panic on people.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by zeebeedee: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=duchess90 post=90431474]"mimilyrics and others have done justice to this question before...The advice on how to go about it is to request the funds to be transferred to your account''.Please read through previous threads again. The answer is there, somewhere

Yes i saw it but i need to know if that can also be applied for bsc applicants and how does it work,how am i expected to calculate the funds to put in my acct..At this point i dont even know where to start from,the thread is alot to filter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Try to calm down abit okay, i know how overwhelming information can be. To help, Yes the fees and maintenance funds will have to be transferred from your sponsor to you even as a B.Sc student. 2. Yes you have to calculate the amount because this will depend on your fees, any deposit made and the location of your school for the maintenance funds (9months).

If you can filter through @mimilyrics post and catch up or if she can perhaps do i write up for you.

[quote author=zeebeedee post=90444094][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
Everything applies for undergraduate except that your dependants (if you have any) can't apply for a T4 dependant visa.

For funds, you need your maintenance costs for a minimum of 9 months + your tuition fees in your account for 28 days prior to submitting your application online. Check the very 1st page of the thread for a checklist of what you need for your application.

Alternatively, see the link below for a checklist from UKVI;

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tier-4-student-visa-checklist

zeebeedee:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
mattfeuter:

You’re damn right it’s not your business so don’t put unnecessary panic on people.

Panic or the reality on ground undecided ............. Are you not seeing the confusion everywhere in the UK

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Panic or the reality on ground undecided ............. Are you not seeing the confusion everywhere in the UK

The UK will be fine. . . . .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Updates...

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
I knw some people will not agree with this but I see the IHS charge like health insurance.

I’d rather pay the IHS fee to cover my stay in the UK than get charged hospital bill everytime I use the NHS.

I had a major surgery about 2 years ago when I broke my leg playing football. Imagine if I had to pay the hospital bills.

In summary, you can NEVER be too careful so it’s best to have health insurance in place.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by zeebeedee: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=dduchess90 post=90445454]Try to calm down abit okay, i know how overwhelming information can be. To help, Yes the fees and maintenance funds will have to be transferred from your sponsor to you even as a B.Sc student. 2. Yes you have to calculate the amount because this will depend on your fees, any deposit made and the location of your school for the maintenance funds (9months).

If you can filter through @mimilyrics post and catch up or if she can perhaps do i write up for you.

Thank you for the response,ive been searching through schools,sent mail but no response yet,ive called a few and it looks like i cant get a bsc with just my waec,seems i have to start with foundation..Please is it like that for other schools you might know of?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
mattfeuter:

So this is panic abi to you abi. You are so funny.

You are paying for your school fees, IHS and many more.
Or is it free or you think anything is free in UK. Is it not your money.

It is better that candidates to know what they need to know and the reality.

The only time you can mention panic is if you won full scholarship such as Commonwealth, Chevening e.t.c in which you are been given free tuition and stipends. Then such candidate can panic so they wont lose opportunity.

It is your money. Be in control as you are doing the school and UK a favour. Stop having this mindset that the school is helping you after paying enormous amount.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Lol. The guy is so funny.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
Pls I want to pay this week which bank are u using for the form A, I was at zenith on Friday and they said the rate is 483. I will like to know whether other banks have a lower rate.

Capitalbase:
My brothers and sisters o!!!
Please everybody should advice me.
I am on my way to make payment for MSc Biomedical science. Abeg this course dey ok? And how that Chester area! Abeg, the money wey I won pay na 6450pounds and e dey make me cry as I dey type so. I suffer make this money o. For many years I dey hustle. I no go like do anyhow with am. Chai!! Nija Don do me strong thing.

Best Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

Lol. The guy is so funny.
You have been vindicated.. see the update above ...now all the questions on "if I should pay my deposit" should rest..
let's see how the schools will start solve this challenge of recruiting internationall students of doing their studies online from their home country when you can't give them a study visa..
it's a big problem.. and the next update is 31st July..which is too close for september resumption..
Let's all wait and see what happens next..
it is well..

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
pittoilet:
Updates...

What does 2.14 implies? That the UK has no plan to issue visas for studies to international students?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
mdeeokoye:
Pls I want to pay this week which bank are u using for the form A, I was at zenith on Friday and they said the rate is 483. I will like to know whether other banks have a lower rate.

Form A processing rate does not differ with banks. It is subject to CBN rate and subject to the time of processing as CBN rate fluctuate too.

Don't be surprise that the 483 might be different from what you will be charged when you finally decide to process it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
mamacajah:

You have been vindicated.. see the update above ...now all the questions on "if I should pay my deposit" should rest..
let's see how the schools will start solve this challenge of recruiting internationall students of doing their studies online from their home country when you can't give them a study visa..
it's a big problem.. and the next update is 31st July..which is too close for september resumption..
Let's all wait and see what happens next..
it is well..

Nice write up bro.

The main question now is when will schools be allowed to issue CAS for visa application for September admission?
Will resumption be extended as UKVI is currently closed? Will students join online first before coming to school? If so, do they need to pay tuition deposit before accessing lectures. What if the student visa get rejected after accessing the online classes and doing course work, will the tuition deposit be refunded or it wont since you are currently studying and have registered. Will school reject tuition refund and tell you to do all your MSc online via distance learning?

Like you said ''Let's all wait and see what happens next''.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
omopapa:
I knw some people will not agree with this but I see the IHS charge like health insurance.

I’d rather pay the IHS fee to cover my stay in the UK than get charged hospital bill everytime I use the NHS.

I had a major surgery about 2 years ago when I broke my leg playing football. Imagine if I had to pay the hospital bills.

In summary, you can NEVER be too careful so it’s best to have health insurance in place.

The NHS is funded from tax revenues.
Economically active adults who are citizens or permanent residents in the UK are ONLY required to pay personal income tax and national insurance contributions to access the health service.

Asking persons who are on temporary visas, but who are economically active in the UK and already paying income tax and NI contributions that give others access to the NHS to pay a third tax, the IHS, is NOT similar to health insurance. It's a discriminatory levy.

And its cumulative nature makes it cumbersome for many to pay - when one applies for a 3 year Tier-2, one will pay that soon-to-be 624 pounds in advance for 3 years at the time of application, in addition to the visa fee.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Cyberknight:

Economically active adults who are citizens or permanent residents in the UK are ONLY required to pay personal income tax and national insurance contributions to access the health service.

Asking persons who are on temporary visas, but who are economically active in the UK and already paying income tax and NI contributions that give others access to the NHS to pay a third tax, the IHS, is NOT similar to health insurance. It's a discriminatory levy.
You have hit the nail on the head. I cannot agree more
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Cigbojugha:

Form A processing rate does not differ with banks. It is subject to CBN rate and subject to the time of processing as CBN rate fluctuate too.

Don't be surprise that the 483 might be different from what you will be charged when you finally decide to process it.

Have you seen the new update?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tier-4-sponsors-migrants-and-short-term-students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Like I said earlier, not many will agree with what I said.

And since the bolded is true, that’s all that matters.

Cyberknight:

And its cumulative nature makes it cumbersome for many to pay - when one applies for a 3 year Tier-2, one will pay that soon-to-be 624 pounds in advance for 3 years at the time of application, in addition to the visa fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
mdeeokoye:

I will be using Access Bank. Actually they said it's 451 but my colleague that paid said she got the alert and calculated the deductions only to realize she was debited @471. Still not bad Sha.
But the person is on Vacation and I will do another branch tomorrow.
I will update after the whole matter.

Best Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.