Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,762 members, 7,930,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:00 AM

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? (19504 Views)

5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by castrol180(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2020
The Coronavirus has attacked *THISDAY* to prove that there is no *DAILY TRUST* except you are in Christ. *THE NATION* is in fear, no confidence in the *LEADERSHIP* of our land. We know the Lord is our *GUARDIAN* and also our *VANGUARD.* We believe in our God despite the Covid-19 *PUNCH* on our faces and as the *DAILY SUN* rises, so our God shall rise against the pandemic. He will hunt it until the virus is dead and there is a *NEW NIGERIAN* Gentlemen of d Press, God is your *TRIBUNE*�...Happy Sunday to us all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:12am On May 03, 2020
3 days. About 11 hrs each day, with different prayer points each day. Fasting is hard but it's really powerful.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by manuelreports: 9:13am On May 03, 2020
This is Christian thread
Everybody can comment, no restriction but if it is Muslim thread I will be forced to take some stupid oat before comenting. Is this how Nairaland on its own promote religious sentiment among Nigeria.

Back to the question, the longest fasting I did was 6 to 6 drh fasting

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by trutht828: 9:15am On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Christ has fasted for me for 40 days and nights..

No need to do so again as his fasting made us whole.

You are joking, right?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by obowunmi(m): 9:17am On May 03, 2020
I'm in a fast right now. No water, No food.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by emmyw(m): 9:17am On May 03, 2020
3 Days, I Did It In Chapel, I Didn't Come Out Of The Chapel All through!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by obowunmi(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2020
Today is the third day of the fast. I will break on Monday morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2020
The longest I have fasted is 36 hrs dry fasting that was when I was preparing for baptism. Mehn breeze con dey blow me anyhow smiley. I can do 6-1 for a week. May our Sunday be blessed.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by obowunmi(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2020
I have done 7 days with no water and no food.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:19am On May 03, 2020
trutht828:

You are joking, right?
What kind of joke?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by obowunmi(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2020
Visit your doctor first before doing any fast.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by INnaMAN: 9:19am On May 03, 2020
pls help a bro.i'm out of foodstuff no cash,i'm seriously down.pls someone should help me.
0448521175 gtb.God bless
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by trutht828: 9:20am On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

What kind of joke?

Whoever told you that is an agent of the devil
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Mbataku96(m): 9:20am On May 03, 2020
My longest was for about 2weeks it was during my Bible School days.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by EMMYB0Y(m): 9:20am On May 03, 2020
I fast everyday.. From 10pm to 7 am

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by chukwuibuipob: 9:21am On May 03, 2020
cool 7 days straight,no food,no water.the first Nd 2nd day,hunger and weakness.3rd day,hunger vanished till the 7 days completed. Some peepz drank garri,ate fruit to kip dem going but I decided to see that 7 days done to d glory of God

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by haiti007(m): 9:22am On May 03, 2020
I have done 72hrs for more than three time.
I also engage in mfm 70 days fasting and prayers. Though it's to be broken in the evening of each days.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by kiddkash(m): 9:24am On May 03, 2020
the 1st day. I didn't feel hungry cause I ate the previous night

the 2nd day, I felt my legs were getting weak, couldn't carry my weight was distracted a bit but always had my eyes
at the ultimate goal (reason for my fast), I never fell for temptation but could barely sleep and always checking time to the next day
It took discipline and focus and prayer

the 3rd day, I didn't feel hungry, my body had adapted to the, no food no water

and I always prayed every three hours 3 6 9 12. I still don't know why I chose to pray every 3 hours.
I felt praying every 4 hour interval was too long and every 2 hour was too soon. so I settled at 3

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:24am On May 03, 2020
cheesy

Mine was 3days marathon fast. It was in 2011. MFM.

It was a deliverance session., so we went to parish away from our homes to observe the fast.

D1. It felt like the normal 6 to 6.

D2. I was weak and felt tightness in my head and the vigorous prayers the MFM pastors made us do sapped a lot of energy. So I was sitting down most of the time if there were no prayer sessions.

D3, I was lying down all through on one of the benches and at a point I started crying lol. Begging the woman to let me take a sip of cocacola. She went to ask the men of God if she could give me liquid, they came to me and warned me not to try it ( this was the evening of the 3rd day) ha! Mehnnn that was the last time I did 3 days dry. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. Thank God I got my breakthrough. Right there at the camp, calls started coming in.

12 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by ArticleBeast: 9:26am On May 03, 2020
Depot:
3 days dry fasting given to me by a pastor. It wasn't easy though but I completed it. After the fasting, I visited a priest and shared my fasting experience with him. Guess what, he was mad at me. He warned me never to engage in such fasting again. That whoever adviced me to embark on 3 days dry fasting is wicked and evil. He asked me what if I develop a serious illness on the process. I learnt from it. Since then, I can't fast more than 12 hours without food. I love Catholic priest, they don't deceive people like some half baked pastors do.
So Jesus deceived us when he said this goeth not but with prayer and fasting. You definitely a baby Christian. Find God for yourself and not through a pastor or priest

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by crafteck(m): 9:26am On May 03, 2020
Also what did it accomplish
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by martineverest(m): 9:26am On May 03, 2020
6am-12 noon
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by martineverest(m): 9:27am On May 03, 2020
haiti007:
I have done 72hrs for more than three time.
I also engage in mfm 70 days fasting and prayers. Though it's to be broken in the evening of each days.
that's absolutely healthy...that's the best way to boast ur immune system and rejuvenate ur body
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by lookingfly: 9:28am On May 03, 2020
Mine was not a deliberate fast really....no money, no food and i stay complete 24 hours except drinking water intermittently.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by cpmconsultingltd: 9:29am On May 03, 2020
watch the video below, for you to know how to avoid getting possessed by demons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZwlJ5EvCM0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by okpalaAnambra: 9:29am On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

What kind of joke?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Wayne4uall(m): 9:30am On May 03, 2020
Fasting is good,,
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by okpalaAnambra: 9:31am On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:
[s]Christ has fasted for me for 40 days and nights..

No need to do so again as his fasting made us whole.[/s]
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by haiti007(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2020
martineverest:
that's absolutely healthy...that's the best way to boast ur immune system and rejuvenate ur body

But I've done that for a while now. The only one I keep to is my weekly Friday fasting.
Still thinking of going for a three days retreat. May God give me the grace.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Microwhy: 9:35am On May 03, 2020
No direction in Christianity.
From what I have read so far, christian fast base on individual terms and conditions. I wonder whether there is any act of worship in Christianity.

Clapping= praises=thanking God
Singing= praises= thanking God
Praying= asking/praising.

Not meant for you to understand if you're not smart.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:36am On May 03, 2020
Depot:
3 days dry fasting given to me by a pastor. It wasn't easy though but I completed it. After the fasting, I visited a priest and shared my fasting experience with him. Guess what, he was mad at me. He warned me never to engage in such fasting again. That whoever adviced me to embark on 3 days dry fasting is wicked and evil. He asked me what if I develop a serious illness on the process. I learnt from it. Since then, I can't fast more than 12 hours without food. I love Catholic priest, they don't deceive people like some half baked pastors do.
You could have drink water then. There are different kinds of fasting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Salvation Ministry Port-Harcourt Constructs Roads And Drainages (Photos) / Is Betting Bad For A Christian? / Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.