Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,827 members, 7,930,842 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 09:55 AM

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? (19507 Views)

5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Hestywhyt(f): 2:41pm On May 03, 2020
And what if one can't take it till 6...and break at 3 instead?
chinoify:
I have done so many and still doing at different times but what helped was this book written by Franklin Jentezen *Fasting*..
The 3 most difficult I could remember are.. Let me share and encourage someone that fasting and prayers still works..

1. 21 days of no food, only water. I fasted and prayed about my future and the 20th day, God revealed to me my assignment here on earth. I have not lacked or missed a step ever since.

2. 200+ days of normal 6 -6 fasting, My wife was pregnant of our second baby and had different complications day after day. Two of us are Medical Lab scientist and had to agree that its becoming spiritual.... WHen i began fasting, her condition almost became normal. That night during labour, she drove to the clinic where she works, and acording to her story, she delivered in less the 10 mins of entering the hospital and left the hospital after an hour. People where like madam.. you can't drive.. rada rada... until a friend drove her home. I came back to her after 4days from my place of work.

3. 90+ days of normal 6 -6. I applied for YOUWIN grant during GEJ's regime. The total amount i applied for was #9.2M. I started fasting and praying until i was called to Aso rock, awarded the best Business plan from North East and a cash of 500k from First bank and also given the exact amount i wrote #9.2M in batches to expand my business.

Iam a fan of fasting and prayer works and its still working.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Legendguru: 2:46pm On May 03, 2020
10minutes
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by joceey(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2020
chinoify:
I have done so many and still doing at different times but what helped was this book written by Franklin Jentezen *Fasting*..
The 3 most difficult I could remember are.. Let me share and encourage someone that fasting and prayers still works..

1. 21 days of no food, only water. I fasted and prayed about my future and the 20th day, God revealed to me my assignment here on earth. I have not lacked or missed a step ever since.

2. 200+ days of normal 6 -6 fasting, My wife was pregnant of our second baby and had different complications day after day. Two of us are Medical Lab scientist and had to agree that its becoming spiritual.... WHen i began fasting, her condition almost became normal. That night during labour, she drove to the clinic where she works, and acording to her story, she delivered in less the 10 mins of entering the hospital and left the hospital after an hour. People where like madam.. you can't drive.. rada rada... until a friend drove her home. I came back to her after 4days from my place of work.

3. 90+ days of normal 6 -6. I applied for YOUWIN grant during GEJ's regime. The total amount i applied for was #9.2M. I started fasting and praying until i was called to Aso rock, awarded the best Business plan from North East and a cash of 500k from First bank and also given the exact amount i wrote #9.2M in batches to expand my business.

I LOVE YOUR FAITH FOR THIS DONT MIND PEOPLE THAT ARE DISCOURAGING OTHERS NOT TO FAST.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Danniedpastor(m): 3:02pm On May 03, 2020
Apostlepurple:
3 days dry MFM. One of the most tedious but beneficial experience one can have. You would most likely see and hear God clearly. My life has never been the same so i try to participate whenever I can. It is easier in church with other believers that's why the MFM friday to Sunday is so edifying.

Very true
that's where I observed my first dry fast
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by proff010: 3:41pm On May 03, 2020
The last was 50days this year, I've undergo surgeries that I don't even suppose to attempt fasting but I was determined and I asked God for the strength and guess what! I don't even feel it and God has been faithful. He always make a way where there seems to be no way even during this lockdown, He has been faithful. People are just sending money to me even without asking couple with good health, peace of mind and lot more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by drfav(f): 3:45pm On May 03, 2020
I have done three days dry fasting more than thrice.. it works be wonders oo..I remember i got a job during my last three days fast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Shyluck(m): 4:04pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=Depot post=89128507]3 days dry fasting given to me by a pastor. It wasn't easy though but I completed it. After the fasting, I visited a priest and shared my fasting experience with him. Guess what, he was mad at me. He warned me never to engage in such fasting again. That whoever adviced me to embark on 3 days dry fasting is wicked and evil. He asked me what if I develop a serious illness on the process. I learnt from it. Since then, I can't fast more than 12 hours without food. I love Catholic priest, they don't deceive people like some half baked pastors do.

The priest was ignorant and unspiritual. Fasting is good if you really need it.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by thatsleepboy1: 4:37pm On May 03, 2020
Depot:
3 days dry fasting given to me by a pastor. It wasn't easy though but I completed it. After the fasting, I visited a priest and shared my fasting experience with him. Guess what, he was mad at me. He warned me never to engage in such fasting again. That whoever adviced me to embark on 3 days dry fasting is wicked and evil. He asked me what if I develop a serious illness on the process. I learnt from it. Since then, I can't fast more than 12 hours without food. I love Catholic priest, they don't deceive people like some half baked pastors do.

The thing is that you decieved yourself. A pastor told you to do 3days dry fasting for your betterment and prosperity. I'm a catholic and I inquire of the Lord from pastors very well. At least you saw the result of the prayers. Do you know the weight of your problem(s) that made him tell you that and kindly know that he was directed to tell you that. Even Jesus did dry fasting. So don't be deceived at all. The priest has fulfilled his purpose in life and you haven't. So ja ra e
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Judybash93(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2020
IlovePMB:

Do tell us what you achieved with it.

He metamorphosed into Dangote

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by olowolekan(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2020
Mine was 3 days dry fast and some days with 6-6,. During those periods, God showed me a wonderful revelation about my life . God is good all the time

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by gbigbega: 5:28pm On May 03, 2020
Depot:
3 days dry fasting given to me by a pastor. It wasn't easy though but I completed it. After the fasting, I visited a priest and shared my fasting experience with him. Guess what, he was mad at me. He warned me never to engage in such fasting again. That whoever advised me to embark on 3 days dry fasting is wicked and evil. He asked me what if I develop a serious illness on the process. I learnt from it. Since then, I can't fast more than 12 hours without food. I love Catholic priest, they don't deceive people like some half baked pastors do.

No wonder you and your father are still were you are and not moving forward. Listen, fasting is way to beat what is not humanly or physically possible. It weakens your physical or human nature and helps your spirit being to kick in to solve your problems. Check in online even pagans who don't believe God fast. I have seen people who did dry fast for 40 days(drink water only) and they are doing it just to solve health issues that was medically impossible. No spiritual attachment at all- check the internet.

I have done a lot fasting and I can tell you by experience that if you do it well, you can never remain the same again. Problems and difficult situation responds to it. Make sure you pray with it because if all you do is just fast- na hunger strick be that o. Go and ask all the great people who rule the world they will tell you their fasting secrets. Don't be fooled, when you fast, you are helping your spirit being, making your body healthier and making your life better. Just know how to do it, read up on it, check the internet or YouTube and get advice from people who have done it before.

If anyone will advice you on fasting, make sure he/she is someone who does it frequently. Scientifically, be are expected to believe people who have experience and who have tested the subject matter. If they haven't done the type you want to do, they are not qualified to advice you, irrespective of whatever expertise or profession they claim.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by CelestineNelson: 5:28pm On May 03, 2020
you are comfortable...you've not learn't the ways of self denial....anyway i have something for you i saw it online...before you start carrying catholic church on your head....check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oajzNVUd9bA
Depot:
3 days dry fasting given to me by a pastor. It wasn't easy though but I completed it. After the fasting, I visited a priest and shared my fasting experience with him. Guess what, he was mad at me. He warned me never to engage in such fasting again. That whoever adviced me to embark on 3 days dry fasting is wicked and evil. He asked me what if I develop a serious illness on the process. I learnt from it. Since then, I can't fast more than 12 hours without food. I love Catholic priest, they don't deceive people like some half baked pastors do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by CelestineNelson: 5:30pm On May 03, 2020
Error
Juliusmalema:
Christ has fasted for me for 40 days and nights..

No need to do so again as his fasting made us whole.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by sharpwriter(m): 6:16pm On May 03, 2020
Eulalia:
cheesy

Mine was 3days marathon fast. It was in 2011. MFM.

It was a deliverance session., so we went to parish away from our homes to observe the fast.

D1. It felt like the normal 6 to 6.

D2. I was weak and felt tightness in my head and the vigorous prayers the MFM pastors made us do sapped a lot of energy. So I was sitting down most of the time if there were no prayer sessions.

D3, I was lying down all through on one of the benches and at a point I started crying lol. Begging the woman to let me take a sip of cocacola. She went to ask the men of God if she could give me liquid, they came to me and warned me not to try it ( this was the evening of the 3rd day) ha! Mehnnn that was the last time I did 3 days dry. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. Thank God I got my breakthrough. Right there at the camp, calls started coming in.

What kinda Calls came in?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by sharpwriter(m): 6:20pm On May 03, 2020
anochuko01:
was an undergraduate..... 7 days white fasting with vigil every night plus classes during the day. i cant be a pastor please...
And na people like God dey get interest in? grin Get ready for his CALL wink Deliverance ministry on point cheesy
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by sharpwriter(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2020
Ayt27:
I did a fast for 21 days, basically to get nearer to God, just eating vegetables and water, wheat bread etc.

I did a Monday to Thursday fast, 6-6 and on Friday morning I got the biggest answer any believer could get, That Friday I started a 40 day dry fast but on Monday morning around 7-8 am the Spirit told me to stop fasting.

I had also done a Friday to Monday morning dry fast and I got a visit from the Lord where he told me he had heard my prayers around sunday 8-9pm I think, but I still broke my fast Monday 12am.

Fasting apart from the medical benefits, draws you close to God, gives you sensitivity to things of the Spirit, empowers you and gives you divine guidance.

I believe a Daniel fast works best for me 6am to 6pm just vegetables and water not fruits, vegetables.

What kinda vegetables, you mean normal green vegetables, cooked with no salt, pepper and oil, or you mean vegetables like carrots, cabbage etc.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 03, 2020
sharpwriter:

What kinda Calls came in?

Job offers.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by sharpwriter(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
Eulalia:

Job offers.
Glory to God

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nephilim: 9:28pm On May 03, 2020
I wish I could fast for 2days even at least but I can't! Cos I'll be so weak to even close my eyes for sleep in the night. So I've only gone a day.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 03, 2020
chinoify:

Wow..this is so incredible!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by CuteYvonne777: 11:45pm On May 03, 2020
Phyno fino and flavour N'ABANIA has a blood oath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuw8aJ2tvpc
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Luchiana1(f): 12:12am On May 04, 2020
*Adventure of The Prayer Walker 8 " LET GO! "*
*This short film reveals the Secret to Overcoming Addiction and the relevance of Forgiveness*
I bring to you, from the table of Omegavisionfilms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rjtfa-HSxY
Pls show gratitude by Subscribing.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Ayt27(m): 1:08am On May 04, 2020
sharpwriter:

What kinda vegetables, you mean normal green vegetables, cooked with no salt, pepper and oil, or you mean vegetables like carrots, cabbage etc.

Any kind, cabbage , onions, tomatoes, cucumberbnot cooked, eating raw with water. A good pattern but one can add fruits if they wish, I just prefer only vegetables and water. There's something about those two combo that others even dry fasting doesn't do.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 7:21am On May 04, 2020
17 hrs, accomplished by hunger.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by StoneHeart007: 10:37am On May 04, 2020
It was 3 days fasting of no food and water with prayer session at 12p.m and 12a.m Which do last for three hours each, What I do watch is the time, anytime I see maybe it 4p.m I go just take it in my mind it already night and tommorow morning is already here, when the following morning come and seeing the time Maybe it 9a.m, I will just believe in my mind evening is already here....I think it all about mindset, our body can do a lot to survive
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by NNEWIsuper: 7:18am On May 05, 2020
Juliusmalema:

lalasti.clala
se.un
mynd.44
siss.y3
Domin.ique

rule 2 violated heavily
Always crying
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 05, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Who is the Satan?

Simple question
This one never see something for life
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2020
Glory to God. This thread had just awakened my spirit man and the need to seek God's face in some challenges I'm currently facing.

The first time I fasted was in 2011 when I was seriously looking for admission, a friend encouraged me to fast and 3 days into it BOOM!! I got admitted into Yabatech.

God is faithful even when we aren't but we need to press harder to take some things of the kingdom by force.

God bless you all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Galatians: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2021
CelestineNelson:
you are comfortable...you've not learn't the ways of self denial....anyway i have something for you i saw it online...before you start carrying catholic church on your head....check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oajzNVUd9bA

What do you think of the Coronavirus vaccine?
Could it be the mark of the beast?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by EeGooBetter: 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
chinoify:

hello pls I want to know. The normal fast you did for 200+ days, were you drinking water or taken other things apart from food. or you didnt take water or anything at all from 6 to 6 for 200+ days. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Salvation Ministry Port-Harcourt Constructs Roads And Drainages (Photos) / Is Betting Bad For A Christian? / Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.