Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,555 members, 7,888,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1225417 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Saw this on an INDIAN FORUM
(Something Related to Travel Exemptions for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)

Students who are travelling to India to Canada can read this full message as it will provide you some information.

Here are Some Questions With Answers

Q. Why are you travelling to canada?

A. I'm travelling Canada for study purpose.

Q. What is your quarantine plan?

A. Well I'm seeking my quarantine in my (the place you are going) which have separate room With attach washroom.

Q. Your study is online then why you're travelling?

A. Well I'm travelling because of time zone differences as many of my classmates Reached there and there will be group discussions so it will be difficult for us to manage time for discussions moreover awaking long night put stain on my eyes as well sleep.
Fluctuations in Internet connectivity is also a major problem in my area and I'm afraid losing my assignments and marks due to weak internet connection.

Q. If you can bare the cost to travel Canada then why can't you shift to city with good internet connectivity?

A. Actually travel in my location is only valid for essential reasons and i think travelling for internet comes under non essential reason but if we are travelling internationally we can access grant from our senior constable and can make pass to travel to airport.

Q. Who is sponsoring your study?

A. My parents are sponsoring my studies.

Q. Why you chosen Canada for your studies?

A. I have chosen Canada for my studies because of its multi cultural environment. Also it's standard and quality education which is valued all over the world.

Q. What is your study schedule of college?

A. My study is starting on 14th sep.

Q. Semester time table?

A. (provide them with time table if you have).

Q. Will you be returning after your studies?

A. Absolutely, as soon as my study visa gets over I'm thinking of going back in my home country and want to be a part of my countries development along with living with my parents.

Q. Do you have extra space where you are being quarantine?

A. Yes there is one seperate room with attached washroom.

Q. How you will get food and all stuff In your quarantine period?

A. I'm already prepared with eatable stuffs and if still I'll be in need of it i can order online and they can keep my order in front of my door and my uncle will be paying from my side..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Wow.. Kindly share ur timeline.. So u've not even done biometrics and u've received refusal update.. U see that it's not over until it is? @Nwannediutor, I'll advice u address the concerns raised on ur GCMS with a subtle LOE asap, there's a bigger reason they've not updated u yet.. Good luck

Emmyinks:
Hi everyone, pls I have a question and am so sorry, my story is long.
Gurus in the house, pls help me.

I applied for study permit July 29 and I was denied yesterday.
So an agent told me that it was because I have registered for a course in my school and that the school have contacted the embassy to confirm if I have received my visa but since I dont have it, I was denied.
The reason why I was told this is because I received a message from my school that goes thus:

Dear Students,

Greetings from UR International!

Our record indicates that you have registered for the Fall 2020 term and have not yet provided us with your immigration documents. Please submit a copy of your valid Passport, Visa (if you are from a visa required country)/Study Permit, Letter of Introduction (if applicable) or Approval-in-principle letter to the UR International Office via email at international.studentservices@uregina.ca .

In order to continue with your Fall 2020 term registration, it is important to submit the aforementioned documents by Friday Wednesday, September 16, 2020 via email.

UR International Student Services is always here to assist and support our students. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at international.studentservices@uregina.ca

If you have already submitted your documents to our office, please disregard this email.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
UR International Team!

I was also told that school doesn't request for any immigration documents until you register.
Now I'm confuse because I can't see any correlation.
My questions are:
Does any one who hasn't register for a course receive this type of email or its those that have register for a course that they usually send this type of email too??
Secondly, is it possible to be denied visa just because immigration officers found out that I have registered for a course when my Visa is not yet through?? Are they Woking together??
Thirdly, does been denied a visa means I have to apply again??
Pls is it still possible to get a slot for biometric earlier than 23rd sept?? Its had getting an earlier date.

Thank you so much for reading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2020
olasubomy:
Good morning my egbons and gurus and thanks to everyone for your contribution on this forum, i have gained alot.

Thanks also to those who encouraged me to apply for my study permit myself and not use agents, i have started oo and please expect plenty questions from me. smiley smiley smiley

Please i have the following questions thus;

1, Can i submit a copy of my salary account bank statement to support my application even though i don't have much funds in the account( very little amount in there), the essence of submission is just to show further proof i am in paid employment in receiving salary and for them to see the consistent inflow of salary payment ( My parents are sponsoring my tuition and fees). Will presenting the bank statement hurt my application. I also plan to present payslips for the last 6 months, my tax clearance certificate and print out of my pension statement. Your thoughts please?

2, Can i use my parents land documents agreement and Governors consent on the agreement ( like C of O) to support submission of my mum bank statement for proof of funds.

3, While filling the form IMM1294 ( Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada) The instructions says " to give details of our employment for the past 10 years" There was only section to fill three employments Is there any need to fill another IMM1294 as additional documents to fill the remaining two places i worked and if yes, how do i go about it considering my only + addition is the employment part?

4. I have to open up to you guys, i am looking for scholarship opportunity, at least something that can support as a rebate on my tuition expense in canada so i dont put much pressure on my parents I mailed my school and they replied saying " Unfortunately, there are currently no schorlarships available"

My gurus and egbons in the house, I will await your answers to my four enquiries above.

Have a blessed day ahead.
1- Yes you should submit a copy of your salary account with payslips to show/prove that you’re gainfully employed. It doesn’t matter how much you have in the account tho, It’s just to show that you’re receiving certain amount monthly. Just make sure you submit as much as you can to tighten your application.
Your Pension statement can serve as good home ties for you tho.

2- You need to explain with reciepts how the land documents and agreement generates funds for your mom. If it’s been leased/rested out then highlight how much she makes from it from the Statement of account. In general just make the VO understand the situation well and not guess how it’s or how it’s suppose to be.

3- I’m not sure how to answer that but I believe since you already filled in your employment situation for 3 sections then you’re good to go! The gurus will explain more on this hopefully..

4- You need to have a quality grade in your previous education level to qualify for a scholarship opportunity in Canada. Most scholarships are very limited and highly competitive, and you need to stand out when it comes to academic performance to stand a chance.
If you have quality grades then a simple search for scholarship meant for international student in Canada should do. While applying for scholarships, you need to check the eligibility criteria to understand if you qualify for the scholarship application.
All the bestest Sir/Ma'

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2020
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19
Did Biometrics August 29.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2020
Wow its honestly so confusing..Meanwhile some people who applied in March, June, July haven't been responded to..Congratulations �

teminhi:
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Boyebusayo: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Good morning , pls has Canada started visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19
Congratulations. Mehn that was FAST!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2020
bisolaemilia:
Wow its honestly so confusing..Meanwhile some people who applied in March, June, July haven't been responded to..Congratulations �

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adetunji001(m): 8:47am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19

Congratulations. This shows that there are different processing time for different applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 8:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Fgmp12:

Congratulations. Mehn that was FAST!

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:

Thanks

What program and school did you apply to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by princejunaid(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2020
too fast, congratulations. pls did you apply by urself or u use an agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by princejunaid(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:
Hi guys.
Applied August 1 Medical request August 7 AIP August 7 Medical Passed August 19 Did Biometrics August 29.
congrats. wat documents did you submit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by themonk(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Check the List below for:
Masters in Artificial Intelligence programs
MASc Artificial Intelligence
University of Guelph, Ontario

MSc Artificial Intelligence
University of Guelph, Ontario

MMAI, Master of Artificial Intelligence
York University, Ontario

Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence
Queen's University, Ontario

MMAI, Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence
York University, Ontario

Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (MDSAI)
University of Waterloo, Ontario

Masters in Data Science programs
Visit the Link below
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Data+science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Software Related Programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Software+Development&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Do refer to the link below for some helpful tips in your Masters Admission Application
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/276#93358696

Thanks bro. I appreciate. I saw a program Masters in Data science by University of British Columbia https://masterdatascience.ubc.ca/

This has everything I want, it is an accelerated program of 10 months duration but it is very costly, about 45, 000 CAD not including feeding, insurance and housing. Is this course worth the price since this school is ranked 38th in the world? Does the university ranking matter that much when applying for jobs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2020
August 2020 is really a month you will never forget in your life. 7 days blessings. God's ordained number. Seven is the number of completion/perfection. God has perfected all that concerns you. Remember to honour God.
CONGRATULATIONS

teminhi:
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2020
That Great ooo Honestly is that they pick this things Ramdomily oh what cos we do t know what is Going on again
teminhi:
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2020
fratermathy:

What program and school did you apply to?

Masters in Enviromental Economics and Management at TRU

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Emmyinks:
Hi everyone, pls I have a question and am so sorry, my story is long.
Gurus in the house, pls help me.

I applied for study permit July 29 and I was denied yesterday.
So an agent told me that it was because I have registered for a course in my school and that the school have contacted the embassy to confirm if I have received my visa but since I dont have it, I was denied.
The reason why I was told this is because I received a message from my school that goes thus:

Dear Students,

Greetings from UR International!

Our record indicates that you have registered for the Fall 2020 term and have not yet provided us with your immigration documents. Please submit a copy of your valid Passport, Visa (if you are from a visa required country)/Study Permit, Letter of Introduction (if applicable) or Approval-in-principle letter to the UR International Office via email at international.studentservices@uregina.ca .

In order to continue with your Fall 2020 term registration, it is important to submit the aforementioned documents by Friday Wednesday, September 16, 2020 via email.

UR International Student Services is always here to assist and support our students. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at international.studentservices@uregina.ca

If you have already submitted your documents to our office, please disregard this email.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
UR International Team!

I was also told that school doesn't request for any immigration documents until you register.
Now I'm confuse because I can't see any correlation.
My questions are:
Does any one who hasn't register for a course receive this type of email or its those that have register for a course that they usually send this type of email too??
Secondly, is it possible to be denied visa just because immigration officers found out that I have registered for a course when my Visa is not yet through?? Are they Woking together??
Thirdly, does been denied a visa means I have to apply again??
Pls is it still possible to get a slot for biometric earlier than 23rd sept?? Its had getting an earlier date.

Thank you so much for reading.

Have you deferred your admission to January. If no, thats why your school sent you that mail to find out if you were still interested in attending classes for that fall. Also your agent was wrong with his assumption. No school contacts the embassy for any reason concerning your visa status, they deal directly with you if they need updates concerning your visa

Your denial is linked with your sop, purpose of visit boils down to motivation and drive to why you want to study that course and why is it in canada and not in nigeria. Your gcms note will give you a better insight.

Your denial isn't linked to that. From wat you said, you can not register for a different course that's not the same course to what you applied with for the visa. Meaning if it was A program in Conestoga college. Throughout the duration of your visa process it must be that same program for that same college whixh is why I asked did you differ your admission.

Yes being denied a visa means you have to reapply if you want to reapply.

For the biometrics I heard sept is already full but were yiu denied a vis a without a biometrics if yes then yiu have to do it but if no, you dont need another biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2020
princejunaid:
too fast, congratulations. pls did you apply by urself or u use an agent.

Thanks.
When the admission came through, school reached out to me to meet with their rep in Nigeria to handle my SP application at no cost. They have been handling everything though I still wrote my SOP ( with their guidance) and I provided other supporting documents as required by them most of which are the same with what has been shared here.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Onweke:
August 2020 is really a month you will never forget in your life. 7 days blessings. God's ordained number. Seven is the number of completion/perfection. God has perfected all that concerns you. Remember to honour God.
CONGRATULATIONS

Amen. God is really involved. Thanks for the prayers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:

Thanks.
When the admission came through, school reached out to me to meet with their rep in Nigeria to handle my SP application at no cost. They have been handling everything though I still wrote my SOP ( with their guidance) and I provided other supporting documents as required my them most of which are the same with what has been shared here.

Which school is that please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Boyebusayo:

Ehh!! Lol.. Yes pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2020
themonk:

Thanks bro. I appreciate. I saw a program Masters in Data science by University of British Columbia https://masterdatascience.ubc.ca/

This has everything I want, it is an accelerated program of 10 months duration but it is very costly, about 45, 000 CAD not including feeding, insurance and housing. Is this course worth the price since this school is ranked 38th in the world? Does the university ranking matter that much when applying for jobs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2020
themonk:

U are welcome..

On a very rare occasions does University ranking matter when applying for Jobs in Canada.

From my own research & experience from folks have seen
Its your Resume (Canadian Style & ATS Standard), Skill Sets, Work Experience & Professional Certifications, Linkdein Profile that matter when applying for Jobs in Canada

Networking & Volunteering is also a very important factor to consider when Looking/Applying for Jobs in Canada

So if you see other skools at a more affordable price that has a Data Science Masters program in Canada, go for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19

Wow, just 7 days. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:

Thanks.
When the admission came through, school reached out to me to meet with their rep in Nigeria to handle my SP application at no cost. They have been handling everything though I still wrote my SOP ( with their guidance) and I provided other supporting documents as required by them most of which are the same with what has been shared here.

Is it Thompson Rivers University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2020
teminhi:
Hi guys.

Applied August 1
Medical request August 7
AIP August 7
Medical Passed August 19

Congratulations . When do your classes commence

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 30, 2020
Tracy2020:

yes that’s TRU
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
Tracy2020:

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Boyebusayo:

This your question get as e be

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by versashee: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Hello people.

Application Submitted: 7th August
Biometric Request: 8th August
AIP: 10th August

Did medical with Q-Life after AIP

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (723)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.