Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1215960 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gbadeolu1: 2:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Greetings gurus and angels in the house. Please, help me with suggestions that can make my application good.

Issue 1:
I'm to embark on PhD program, and I got CAD 21k scholarship (my tuition is 7k, so i have 14k for expenses), but my naira account has almost nothing because within 2018 to August 2020, I was in China for my MSc. However, I received a scholarship there in USD and had some cash savings to the tone of #2 million naira.

QUESTION: Will it be a good idea to lodge this N2m into my naira account and explain how the money came about in a LOE, backing it up with my MSc scholarship award letter? I discussed this with a friend before who said since I'm no longer on that scholarship, I should not upload the award letter. How then do I explain where a sudden 2 million came from?

Issue 2:
I am married (for 5 years) and now have a 6-month old child. My wife is self employed (does sales) but with no CAC registration.

QUESTION: How can I show that my wife can support the family at my absence?

Issue 3: Is just a survey plan enough for a landed property that's been developed/built to a level?

Issue 4: Is it possible to use a non-relation as a 3rd-party sponsor? Say a family friend, a politician or public office holder?

I will be glad to hear your informed suggestions. Thank you.

Btw, my SOP is written and I will be glad if can get someone to vet it for me. God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 3:44am On Sep 30, 2020
gbadeolu1:
Greetings gurus and angels in the house. Please, help me with suggestions that can make my application good.

Issue 1:
I'm to embark on PhD program, and I got CAD 21k scholarship (my tuition is 7k, so i have 14k for expenses), but my naira account has almost nothing because within 2018 to August 2020, I was in China for my MSc. However, I received a scholarship there in USD and had some cash savings to the tone of #2 million naira.

QUESTION: Will it be a good idea to lodge this N2m into my naira account and explain how the money came about in a LOE, backing it up with my MSc scholarship award letter? I discussed this with a friend before who said since I'm no longer on that scholarship, I should not upload the award letter. How then do I explain where a sudden 2 million came from?

Issue 2:
I am married (for 5 years) and now have a 6-month old child. My wife is self employed (does sales) but with no CAC registration.

Issue 3: Is just a survey plan enough for a landed property that's been developed/built to a level?

Issue 4: Is it possible to use a non-relation as a 3rd-party sponsor? Say a family friend, a politician or public office holder?

Btw, my SOP is written and I will be glad if can get someone to vet it for me. God bless!

Hi Gbadeolu1,

Congratulations on your admission and your funding offer. Your funding offer is strong enough to get you through the study permit application process. With regard to your questions, I will try to answer them from my perspective.

1. If you are applying from Nigeria, you may have to actually deposit the balance from your scholarship in your Naira account and attach the letter in order to show the VO the source of the money. The VO wouldn't question it because you already have funding and that answers most questions concerning your proof of finance.

2. If your wife has a business (even without a CAC), simply say so and then possibly upload her SoA to prove that she can take care of herself and your child in your absence. You can consolidate this by also indicating your desire to send her a monthly stipend from your funding money. Try to be specific with this amount. IRCC requires you to show proof of C$10,000 for living expenses but you have C$14,000. You can commit $2000 per year to support your family, in addition to what your wife makes. This would make sense.

3. A survey plan and perhaps deed of transfer or sales receipt. Basically, you have strong home ties with your family. The landed property only consolidates this and makes your claim stronger.

4. Please, do not use any third party sponsor. You are a PhD study permit applicant. You are also sponsoring yourself with the funding money you received. Don't complicate your application with too many documents and seemingly "desperate" maneuvers.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Hello NwanyiOkpa,

Your case has been bothering me. I’ve been checking to see if I could see what went wrong. Since your cousin is your sponsor, did you submit his payslips? Or his business registration docs if he’s self-employed? Basically, did you prove his source of funds?

NwanyiOkpa:

first year is $21k CAD. MAsc in oil and gas engineering.

I have ordered GCMS notes.

Since it's just one reason why my application was denied, guess i have to focus on finance for my next app.

what i submitted was about $45k CAD.

Frankrobbn
Luckymama
Tonyodg
Vibrant99
Frathermathy
Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Hello,

Are you using a Naira card? Many banks have put the international limit at $100 per month and the visa fee is more than that. That could be the reason why it’s not going through. If you have a dollar account with card, you can try that. Or if you know any bank that has not reduced their limit to $100 then you can try their card.

All the best
basukajoe:
Trying to pay for visa fee online. It keeps saying transaction not approved. Kindly help your bro.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 6:14am On Sep 30, 2020
librangyps:

So because you are the type to eat and move on, you dont believe in people that dedicate their life to giving back?
The first day I called Frank, he didnt even act weird about how I got his number.
He replies my messages at night and early mornings.
He calls me back when I give him missed calls.
I have never met him and he has no reason whatsoever to give me audience.

But this is who he is! So respect him for his personality.

AIP have really turned you into something else.

Madam please it is enough. You jump in to insult without stopping to think.

As Frank is perfect and can never make any mistake, please make sure you do exactly what he was telling that other lady to do which caused all this problem.

As they have rejected you for the first time (which has happened to most people), please make sure you don’t apply for any GCMS notes. Don’t bother to apply a second time o. Just go straight to judicial review. After all you can afford it and you will “recoup your money in a few months”.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your refusal.
Funds you’re using as proof should be readily available to you, therefore treasury bill is not enough.

We have seen on this group that using company accounts can complicate applications but if at all you must use it, then your uncle should get a letter stating that he’s a signatory to this company account and he has access to the money.

Also he can transfer your 1 year living expense (at least 10,000 CAD) to your account and state that he has done that in his letter of sponsorship. And you should also attach your bank statement showing the transferred living expense. This will show that you have access to his money.

Attaching the source of fund of your uncle is mandatory. His payslip, employment letter or if he’s a business man then his business registration documents from CAC should be attached.

Lastly, I would advise you to order your GCMS notes, you can order it online and pay between $15-$20 and it can take up to 35 days to be ready. This note will show the specific reason for refusal. The reason you got on your rejection letter is general. With the GCMS notes, the reason for rejection will become clearer. Please order it immediately and make sure you read the visa officers note on it before reapplying, so you can address whatever concern the visa officer has, so as to prevent another rejection. Just google gcms notes and you’ll see several websites you can order it from.

Please delete this picture, take off your UCI number and application number before reuploading.

All the best
Omolayo02:
Good evening everyone

Please I need your help
I submitted my application last week and just 3days after I received a mail that I have been refused due to the fact that they are not satisfied with me leaving canada after my study and also funds ...because my sponsor who is my Uncle gave me a treasury bill of 20m which will mature next year...although I have paid my first term fee
And now my uncle want to add his company account to it
Hope that will be fine

Please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 6:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Jephehe:
Hello Luckymama,

If you're apologizing tender it with remorse feeling not because you will be disconnected from the thread.

Learn to talk when in the public domain because few people of such are here in Canada bring bad name to all Nigerians. Ensure you words pass through the three gates before you make your utterances.

Frank let the sleeping dog lie.

Na so bad people dey spoil people with good conscience that they'll not help those in need.

I pray dis should be fulfilled in your life James 1v5 ----So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God,+ for he gives generously to all and without reproaching,*+ and it will be given him.

So in your mind now you believe I am apologizing because I don’t want them to remove me from this thread?

Because this thread is someone’s father’s property? And even if it was so if I no longer comment on the thread the key to God’s kingdom is therefore lost to me? I apologized because obviously he felt I was accusing him of something which was not my intention.

I comment here because I wish to. I spend my data like every one else. Most of you who are insulting me will eventually reach that Canada by God’s grace. Then you will look back at some of the ideas you had while you were struggling to get your visa and you will laugh at yourself.

It’s just sad that most successful immigrants don’t tell those of us still here the realities of life. If they did, nobody will sit in Nigeria and be telling someone that as a student you can “recoup” 4K in just a few months.

Na experience dey teach. We will all learn eventually.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2020
Please it’s a new day, let’s leave the back and forth from yesterday alone and move on. This thread was created for a purpose, we are turning it into something else. Please we are all adults, let’s act it. Haba!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:27am On Sep 30, 2020
@frankrobbn1
gbadeolu1:

Issue 1:

Issue 2:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:32am On Sep 30, 2020
Chocs:
Hello NwanyiOkpa,

Your case has been bothering me. I’ve been checking to see if I could see what went wrong. Since your cousin is your sponsor, did you submit his payslips? Or his business registration docs if he’s self-employed? Basically, did you prove his source of funds?

my blood brother is my sponsor.

i submitted his business CAC documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2020
The cousin was an error. You did everything right,let’s wait for the GCMS then

NwanyiOkpa:

my blood brother is my sponsor.

i submitted his business CAC documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:15am On Sep 30, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Bank statements of sponsor(13million)
Necessary IMM forms
Passport
Sponsor's birth cert
LOE of 2 pages
Employment letter
Recommendation letter
Affidavidt of sponsorship
Affidavit of good behavior
Letter of sponsorship
Birth cert of sponsor
Admission letter
First semester tuition receipt
Police character cert

Note: Those are the only documents i submitted and my refusal was based on Finance as stated in the screenshot.

my GCMS note would tell us more.

So sorry about ur Refusal ma'am,

I think ur GCM note will be a POINTER for you on how to address the refusal reasons

Do check out the LOE (tackling refusal reasons) in the link below (Video), it tackled some things that has to do with Refusal Based on Finances, am sure you gonna get some insights after checking it out and also check out some links on
Common Refusal Reasons & how to tackle them

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89356538

All the best in your next application NwanyiOkpa,
Nothing do you nwanyi oma

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gbadeolu1: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2020
fratermathy:

Hi Gbadeolu1,

Congratulations on your admission and your funding offer. Your funding offer is strong enough to get you through the study permit application process. With regard to your questions, I will try to answer them from my perspective.

1. If you are applying from Nigeria, you may have to actually deposit the balance from your scholarship in your Naira account and attach the letter in order to show the VO the source of the money. The VO wouldn't question it because you already have funding and that answers most questions concerning your proof of finance.

2. If your wife has a business (even without a CAC), simply say so and then possibly upload her SoA to prove that she can take care of herself and your child in your absence. You can consolidate this by also indicating your desire to send her a monthly stipend from your funding money. Try to be specific with this amount. IRCC requires you to show proof of C$10,000 for living expenses but you have C$14,000. You can commit $2000 per year to support your family, in addition to what your wife makes. This would make sense.

3. A survey plan and perhaps deed of transfer or sales receipt. Basically, you have strong home ties with your family. The landed property only consolidates this and makes your claim stronger.

4. Please, do not use any third party sponsor. You are a PhD study permit applicant. You are also sponsoring yourself with the funding money you received. Don't complicate your application with too many documents and seemingly "desperate" maneuvers.

All the best!

@Fratermathy! You're such an amazing person. Thanks for giving careful attention to my questions. Everything you said is on point. I will send you a dm.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
The reason for refusal is quite a big headache. But you can continue to build the your personal account and brothers'

Then include stuff like family tree diagram and
pictures with your brother to further strengthen the point that he is you sponsor

NwanyiOkpa:

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 8:03am On Sep 30, 2020
Luckymama:

Madam please it is enough. You jump in to insult without stopping to think.

As Frank is perfect and can never make any mistake, please make sure you do exactly what he was telling that other lady to do which caused all this problem.

As they have rejected you for the first time (which has happened to most people), please make sure you don’t apply for any GCMS notes. Don’t bother to apply a second time o. Just go straight to judicial review. After all you can afford it and you will “recoup your money in a few months”.

You didnt tackle the issue of judicial review alone which by the way I also think it's expensive, but there are people on this forum that can comfortably afford it without blinking.
What you refused to acknowledge is the fact that you attacked his personality by questioning why he is here all these years helping people, and how you will move on from this thread once you are done with this stage of your life.
Yes a lot of us will do that, the more reason to appreciate those who do this selflessly.

Every other thing you wrote up there is childish banter which I choose to ignore.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

So sorry about ur Refusal ma'am,

I think ur GCM note will be a POINTER for you on how to address the refusal reasons

Do check out the LOE (tackling refusal reasons) in the link below (Video), it tackled some things that has to do with Refusal Based on Finances, am sure you gonna get some insights after checking it out and also check out some links on
Common Refusal Reasons & how to tackle them

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89356538

All the best in your next application NwanyiOkpa,
Nothing do you nwanyi oma

thanks a lot Leki

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jamesobedbaisel: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2020
JustMellow
If I get you clearly a Sworn affidavit from my sponsor?
A consent form my parents as in?
My parents are financial incapacitated to sponsor at the moment that’s why I can’t bring them in.

JustMellow:

Hello Jamesobedbaisel,

In your next application, do as the VO as stated in the notes by including a sworn affidavit, Consent or Undertaking from your parents for such sponsorship intent, Letter of Sponsorship (properly highlighting why such intent and the prospect benefit). Also declare the number of dependents he currently have.

It may be in your best interest if you liquidate the fxd into your account and get a letter to support the inflow of the liquidated cash into your personal account. Do well to also demonstrate how you intend to meet the cost of your expensive education.

In this vein, what were the roles of your parents and is there any specific reason why they can't stand as either the sponsor while your cousin a cosponsor? You have to bring them into the picture so you can be able to demonstrate that without your cousin's funds, you are not financially incapacitated as there is a reliable source of funds belonging to your parents and you.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Hoverboy27:
Once in a while I read through travel threads just to see what’s happening around the world.
This evening I decided to read this thread and I saw a battalion of people attacking a lady @luckymama simply because she voiced her opinion about a highly regarded person here.
I believe that there is freedom of expression and people should not have to feel intimidated because their opinion is not accepted. Almost all the comments are not even because of the so called “business” claim she made against frank, but more of “so after he helped you”, or “because you have gotten AIPP”. Nigerians seriously He helped her & so? Is he God? How many times has God reminded us of everything he has done for us? Did someone not also help him during his time? I don’t understand the sudden harsh comments towards her. Is it everyone that frank has coached that got visa? No! Lucky mama just has grace. No matter how many of you are regretting that you once congratulated her for getting AIPP, it doesn’t change anything. She has gotten it & approval will follow soon. So stop all these attacks & making her feel down because she voiced her opinion. Besides there’s always truth in every claim. There’s no way she will come out with such opinion if she has never felt such energy from him or his perspective. I hate when I see people throwing stones at somebody because their opinion defers! No body is God. If you help somebody and they did not come back to say thank you, don’t feel offended but rejoice that you have done good. How many people came back to thank Jesus after getting healed? But did he stop healing? No! Did his disciples attack others wanting healing? No! Please and please let’s learn to respect people’s opinion & ignore unnecessary ones. You frank disciples should not attack anyone that opposes him without fair hearing. At the end of the day, his blessings will not stop coming regardless of anything or anyone. Godbless you all

Let me bounce out smiley cool wink

This matter is buried

But sadly, you seem to be one of the slow ones.

Nobody says @Luckymama should not express her opinion. She is free to. But do not make statements /insult somebody with insinuations and inuendos without proof or evidence. Even her justifying her state with "MAYBE" is not right. As an adult, be sure of your utterances. Go the extra mile to be sure of your statement and avoid need for maybe and "I am sorry" in future.

@FrankRobbn1 and others have asked her to provide evidence but she has none, which is why she is embarassed and apologizing because she has seen her folly.
But you are still marching to damnation. Like they say, only a foolish fly follows a corpse to a grave

I WILL NOT comment on this matter again. Both parties concerned have buried the hatchet

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 9:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Please someone should assist with links for medical...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2020
Just drop this matter already, its not worth debating and the whole back and forth. Frank clearly started that if the person can afford it, then he should go for it, so many people have done the judicial review and it has worked for them, because we can not afford something doesn't mean others can't. 1m is not so much of a big deal to some people, that for sure I know.
Luckymama:

Even if you were the one who paid my tuition fees and packaged my visa application, are you God? Does that mean you are perfect and can’t make a mistake? Does that mean you can’t be corrected?

All I said is that we should give full disclosure. I still stand by what I said - it is not normal to advise people to spend over a million naira on judicial review when you have not exhausted all possibilities.

For judicial review to be the first line of advice to someone who has not even received GCMS notes for their first rejection is unfair. Assuming the person has applied several times and is still rejected then you advice such then that makes sense.

And for all of you to suddenly appear out of nowhere to start insulting me and trying to shut me up simply shows that I have a point. You people should sha be doing things with a conscience. People listen to you and make life decisions. Don’t carry that load lightly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Patty03: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Wow! It truly works! I scheduled upfront medical appointment for 9th sept, but got medical request in the morning of that 9th. I went ahead with the upfront. No update on my profile even after raising webforms n emails.
I sent both d medical request and e-medical slip just 9pm last night to d 3 email address, checking around 9am now, my profile has been updated to 'medical passed'
Thanks to the person that shared this new trick.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Onweke:
Please someone should assist with links for medical...

HOW TO Book for Medicals at IOMHAC online (Lagos or Abuja)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/258#93166607
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2020
Thanks so much Lekiboboe. I'm so pleased.

Lekiboboe:

HOW TO Book for Medicals at IOMHAC online (Lagos or Abuja)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/258#93166607

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Good morning Gurus,

1, Please what is your take on the large amout of refusals recently, i am inclined to feel that it is not that most of these applicants has not submitted a Very strong application infact looks like most peope had done their homework well but still a refusal because these are way too many or what do you guys think or has anyone who submitted application recently gotten AIP.

2, Please is there any need for sponsorship letter to be written when affidavit of sponsorship has been done if the sponsors are the parents of the applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2020
Omolayo02:
Good evening everyone

Please I need your help
I submitted my application last week and just 3days after I received a mail that I have been refused due to the fact that they are not satisfied with me leaving canada after my study and also funds ...because my sponsor who is my Uncle gave me a treasury bill of 20m which will mature next year...although I have paid my first term fee
And now my uncle want to add his company account to it
Hope that will be fine

Please help me

I think next time blur your application number and uci number, just saying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2020
I just said I should chip in here too, if possible let us try to do our application by ourselves and limit ourselves in using agents. I have made a mistake that cost me denial, and the agent wanted to charged me 80k for gcms notes (thanks to posts from Frankrobbn and others that its just around $20 max, ) that made me know otherwise.

Just an advise to everyone.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Crystalheart:
Good morning my people.. Hope you're staying safe?
I did a police character certificate last year October. My question is if I can use it for re-application? Thanks
No u can't use it for reapplication

Police Character Cert. Is valid for 3 months only
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Hello patty, I hope to start my application this month and I will like to get some directives from u, can I contact u directly? Thanks
Patty03:
Wow! It truly works! I scheduled upfront medical appointment for 9th sept, but got medical request in the morning of that 9th. I went ahead with the upfront. No update on my profile even after raising webforms n emails.
I sent both d medical request and e-medical slip just 9pm last night to d 3 email address, checking around 9am now, my profile has been updated to 'medical passed'
Thanks to the person that shared this new trick.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Olayinkaji:
I just said I should chip in here too, if possible let us try to do our application by ourselves and limit ourselves in using agents. I have made a mistake that cost me denial, and the agent wanted to charged me 80k for gcms notes (thanks to posts from Frankrobbn and others that its just around $20 max, ) that made me know otherwise.

Just an advise to everyone.

It will end in praise.
80K for GCM notes shocked

It will end in Praises

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jamaticulus(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2020
The first question that came to my mind was "why not apply from China". The visa application abroad is usually pretty straightforward, especially as a funded student. I had to read your post again and I felt you are back in the country already. Congrats on your award to USask and Miss. S&T wink . Like @Fratermathy said, keep the application simple and indicate clearly that you are fully funded. You would be perfectly fine. Goodluck

gbadeolu1:

Issue 1:

Issue 2:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (723)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.