Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,251 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1220436 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FariDk67: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good day everyone.. please my friend was refused today based on grounds that they aren't sure whether he will leave Canada at the end of his studies (in relation to travel reasons)
Second reason they aren't sure he will leave when he is done..based on financial assets..he is really down and I felt I should ask here if there is anything he can do in to rectify it and when applying again..he is an undergraduate and he is just 17years old going on 18
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
This is the email I have been sending all along:

Sent to all 3 addresses last night

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am ........... with date of birth: ............., Unique Client Identifier (UCI): ,............. and Application number: ................. I trust my email finds you well?

On July 14, 2020, I submitted my application for a study permit. I did an upfront medical examination and attached an e-medical information sheet evidencing same to my application.

On July 24, 2020, I received an email requesting that I undergo a medical examination. In response, I raised a web-form attaching the evidence sent to me by my Panel Physician (Q-life Family Clinic) confirming that my medical report had been forwarded to IRCC since June 25, 2020. I sent a number of follow up correspondence regarding this issue (see table towards the end of this email). In 2 responses from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I was informed that the document I forwarded to them in respect of my upfront medicals had been received and forwarded to the Nairobi Office where my application was being treated. These responses alongside evidence of upfront medicals have been merged together as a single pdf document and attached to this email for easy reference purposes.

In spite of all of these, the status on my CIC account reads: “We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details”.

I wish to confirm if your good office is indeed in receipt of these documents which were forwarded severally within the 30 days window provided. If so, I humbly request that same be considered as part of my application and for my cic portal to be updated accordingly.

Many thanks for your anticipated resolution to this problem.

Chocs:
Hello,

Send a well composed email to these 3 email addresses

(nairobi@international.gc.ca, nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca, nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca)

You can also raise another web form to the Nairobi office.

Include your UCI number, application number and UMI number (on your medical slip)

It will be attended to

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
Great email. You can include UMI and application number at the top. Attach the medical request form you got and the e-medical slip. Maybe make the email a bit more concise.

All the best
Eilenora:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am ........... with date of birth: ............., Unique Client Identifier (UCI): ,............. and Application number: ................. I trust my email finds you well?

On July 14, 2020, I submitted my application for a study permit. I did an upfront medical examination and attached an e-medical information sheet evidencing same to my application.

On July 24, 2020, I received an email requesting that I undergo a medical examination. In response, I raised a web-form attaching the evidence sent to me by my Panel Physician (Q-life Family Clinic) confirming that my medical report had been forwarded to IRCC since June 25, 2020. I sent a number of follow up correspondence regarding this issue (see table towards the end of this email). In 2 responses from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I was informed that the document I forwarded to them in respect of my upfront medicals had been received and forwarded to the Nairobi Office where my application was being treated. These responses alongside evidence of upfront medicals have been merged together as a single pdf document and attached to this email for easy reference purposes.

In spite of all of these, the status on my CIC account reads: “We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details”.

I wish to confirm if your good office is indeed in receipt of these documents which were forwarded severally within the 30 days window provided. If so, I humbly request that same be considered as part of my application and for my cic portal to be updated accordingly.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your friend’s rejection.

Please share his profile (age, when did he complete his secondary school? what he applied to study in Canada and the level(is it a bsc or a diploma), any study gap since completion of secondary school)
Please also state all the documents he submitted. Did he submit any land document, business document for his parents? Who was his sponsor? How much was in his sponsor’s account that he submitted? How much is his tuition for a year?

Did he prove his sponsor’s source of income? Eg payslips, letter of employement or business registration documents?

When you share the info, gurus would be able to advise accordingly.

Also the reasons he was given in his refusal letter is generic. To see the specific cause of his rejection, he needs to order your GCMS notes. To do that, he should google “GCMS notes third party sites” and he’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 and can take up to 35 days to be ready. Please tell him to order it immediately. From the notes he’ll see the visa officers concerns and he’ll be able to address it before replying to avoid another rejection.

Travel history is a rejection reason that often just goes with the others. It is rare to be rejected solely based on travel history alone

All the best to him.

FariDk67:
Good day everyone.. please my friend was refused today based on grounds that they aren't sure whether he will leave Canada at the end of his studies (in relation to travel reasons)
Second reason they aren't sure he will leave when he is done..based on financial assets..he is really down and I felt I should ask here if there is anything he can do in to rectify it and when applying again..he is an undergraduate and he is just 17years old going on 18
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Patty03: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
Be sure to attach both MEDICAL REQUEST FORM and E-MEDICAL SHEET. You may want to put "Urgent" as the subject like i did in my case!

Eilenora:
Guys am really worried about this my medicals situation.

On July 24, 2020, I received an email requesting that I undergo a medical examination.

July 25, 2020

EMAIL:

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

+

Case Specific Enquiries (CSE) both to Canada and Nairobi

Jul 29, 2020 feedback from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Aug 13, 2020

EMAIL:

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

August 13, 2020: acknowledgement of receipt

August 24, 2020

Nairobi Case Specific Enquiry

No response

September 9, 2020

Canada Case Specific Enquiry

Sep 16, 2020 feedback from IRCC

September 24, 2020

EMAIL:

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

+

Case Specific Enquiries (CSE) both to Canada and Nairobi

September 24, 2020: acknowledgement of receipt

September 29, 2020: sent emails to all 3 email addresses on this forum.

Besides the usual acknowledgement and confirmation, no update yet.

Please note that IRCC's responses say they have received and forwarded to Nairobi, but no confirmation from Nairobi and no update to passed on portal. Portal shows they did not receive my medicals.

I have every reason to be worried cos so many people on this portal had same problem and used same approach after which their portals have been updated.

What else should I do that I havent done already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Patty03: 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
Try to make it short and straight forward, let's see if that will work.

Eilenora:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MyRace: 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
I would like to say something about this Judicial Review issue. And I'm not making the comment because I might consider it or might not, but because, it is important we analyze issues objectively. This is more so as most of here going to do Post Graduate programs, would need a lot of critical analysis skilss in a lot of different areas of our lives.

I agree absolutely, that the cost of a JR is high, infact too high, but to call those who may want to follow that path "irresponsible", shows an "absolute" take on issues rather than being open-minded.

It might interest you to note that the cost of a 2-year MBA fees and expenses will cover the POF for more than 2 families under 32 with Masters using the Express Entry program. Therefore, a person who goes to Canada through EE can also say everyone trying to go as students are "irresponsible" considering the cost differential.

There are people here whose school fees are less than 10k, while some cost over 40k. Everyone is free to analyse their costs how they deem fit.

People generally make their financial decisions based on where they are and their perspectives, which may have little to do with affordability. If I decide to do the JR, it will not be on the basis of "recouping it soon" but on the basis of "it's part of the expenses of schooling in Canada.

A visa is never a right, but a privilege, but there's a reason the JR is put in place! It is for "Procedural Fairness". I have seen profiles that were refused here, and I have sincerely wondered if due procedural fairness was followed.

Have a good evening everyone!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FariDk67: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello.. please how do I raise a webform to attach a document (tution receipt)and where would I get access to this webform..thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FariDk67: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Chocs:
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your friend’s rejection.

Please share his profile (age, when did he complete his secondary school? what he applied to study in Canada and the level(is it a bsc or a diploma), any study gap since completion of secondary school)
Please also state all the documents he submitted. Did he submit any land document, business document for his parents? Who was his sponsor? How much was in his sponsor’s account that he submitted? How much is his tuition for a year?

Did he prove his sponsor’s source of income? Eg payslips, letter of employement or business registration documents?

When you share the info, gurus would be able to advise accordingly.

Also the reasons he was given in his refusal letter is generic. To see the specific cause of his rejection, he needs to order your GCMS notes. To do that, he should google “GCMS notes third party sites” and he’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 and can take up to 35 days to be ready. Please tell him to order it immediately. From the notes he’ll see the visa officers concerns and he’ll be able to address it before replying to avoid another rejection.

Travel history is a rejection reason that often just goes with the others. It is rare to be rejected solely based on travel history alone

All the best to him.

Thank you very much.. will get that from him...I really appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
Google “Canadian web form” it would come up. Choose Nairobi when asked what office is handling your application (that’s if you applied from Nigeria)

FariDk67:
Hello.. please how do I raise a webform to attach a document (tution receipt)and where would I get access to this webform..thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
Goodday y’all..i received a letter saying my statement of account is fraudulent (Which ais mot true)and was given a period of time to reply to this misrepresentation.. any advice on what to do and go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good evening everyone. Thanks for the good work here.

I got a fully funded masters in Agriculture at Dalhousie University with research in Intelligent Engineering Systems. Resumption is in January 2021 but processing time is 27 weeks and I am not sure if the prof will eanna defer my funding to spring since my reseach is time based. So, I would love to ask the following questions;
1. Can I get a response faster than the 27 weeks?
2. I have over 1.3m in my acct at the moment, but I built it in a space of 4 months. Though I am getting about 29,100 CAD for first year and 23,1000 for second year from NSERC which covers the tuition which is about 18,500 CAD and reasonably the living expenses. So, hope the fact that I got this money in a space of 4 months won't raise eye brows? Then, can I remove let say 500k from this money after applying for visa? Do they confirm balance of acct at any point during the proccesing?
3. I am presently a data scientist but I don't plan to continue in that path, so I didn't take a leave of absence from my present company. But I am submitting my employment letter, my salary review letter and pension bank statement from PFA. Is this good enough proof of employment?
4. For home times, I am the fact that my mum, whom i am her only child is based in Nigeria, which is true. Also, i don't have relatives both nuclear and extended abroad. Moreso, I submitted the first page of land survey document of my mum's land. Then, aside that, I extensively spoke about the benefit of my research to Nigeria and I plan to add the fact that i was a president of my CDS group (got a plaque during NYSC as country ties that shows patriotism. Please I need your opinions on this.
5. Please any other advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 9:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Yes please let's connect. I'll be going to Usask January
Ijeanwuli:
Goodevening,

Please does anyone here have an admission/preparing to resume at the University of Saskatchewan in January? - Postgraduate program MPA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nyenyenwq:
Yes please let's connect. I'll be going to Usask January

I am resuming in January, please can we connect too? Need guidance on Visa application please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
oreafe:
Hello all,

I need your experienced views please.

I got admission in the university of Ottawa and applied for student visa. I paid fess and there was almost 20m in my sponsors(husband) account among other properties etc. I just recieved a refusal o.
Refusal was based on financial status and assets, family ties in Nigeria, travel history.

I was in the UK last year, and my husband and two children are with me in Nigeria.

What do you think should be my next course of action? Should I defer the admission and restrategise or go and do PR � I’m confused.

Ideas pleasssseeee!

Always go for PR if you are qualified for it. It will save you a lot, financially and non-financially, in the short and long run. However, if you don’t have sufficient points, restragegise and reapply. If you like, you can do both. It is your call and decision. All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello, try keep the email simple and in the body state the information clearly as well as attach the medical form,see below

Application Number:
UCI:
UMI:
Name:

It will be updated,

send web form in similar format to Kenya and also email to all 3 address....
SUbject of the email :UPFRONT MEDICAL.....APPLICANT NAME and APPLICATION NUMBER

All the best!

Eilenora:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Osemigho:

Always go for PR if you are qualified for it. It will save you a lot, financially and non-financially, in the short and long run. However, if you don’t have sufficient points, restragegise and reapply. If you like, you can do both. It is your call and decision. All the best!

Osemigho, please I need your guidande in visa application. I wrote stuff up there. Please assist with advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
Alright, sure let's connect.
kelvine95:

I am resuming in January, please can we connect too? Need guidance on Visa application please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
FariDk67:

Tell him to not be down. Canada student visa is like going to Las Vegas to play a poker game. The chances of losing is higher than winning. Apply for GCMS note for him, and tell him to have plan B, C and D in Nigeria or other places. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
kelvine95:

Osemigho, please I need your guidande in visa application. I wrote stuff up there. Please assist with advice.

Hi, I assume you have applied based on this statement:

“ I submitted the first page of land survey document of my mum's land. Then, aside that, I extensively spoke about the benefit of my research to Nigeria and I plan to add the fact that i was a president of my CDS group (got a plaque during NYSC as country ties that shows patriotism.”

If you have applied, don’t bug your mind about it. Defer if you are convinced that is what you need. If you have not applied, don’t worry too much about statement of account. Your scholarship is enough. You can read how to present your scholarship from my previous post from myself and others.

You may worry about the link between your proposed program and past education and employment experience. You should try to address this well in your SOP and present a strong case for your home tie.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello kelvine95

Congratulations on your admission and scholarship.

1) people have been getting responses that took less than 27 weeks. But passport requests for stamping is rare due to the travel restrictions. As at now, only people who got their study permit before March 18 are allowed to enter Canada (there are still other requirements they have to meet)

Please consider the option of discussing this with your supervisor, I do not think people would be able to travel to Canada by January (personal opinion) Most winter (January 2021) courses might be held online.

2) building over 4 months should be fine (my opinion) as long as you have a source of income (payslip, employment letter or business registration documents) if there is any lump/huge sum coming in at once, that has to be explained with a proof of where it came from.

Some people have been asked for updated bank statement (although it’s not so common) but considering you have just 1.3, what if you remove the 500 and you’re asked for an updated bank statement?

3) if you’re submitting employment documents, please submit a study leave letter too. Otherwise it could be a red flag (my personal opinion)

If your previous degree is not related to agriculture, please do well to explain in your sop (statement of purpose) how and why you decided to switch. Please note that just simply stating that you want a change is not enough. State what you have done in the past that’s relevant to the course you’re going for, and how this new course would be an advancement career wise or educational wise.

Please note: going for a course different from your previous studies or your employment area without adequately explaining a reason for the switch could be a reason for rejection.

4) Seems fine to me

5) If you haven’t applied already, I would advise you to read this thread carefully from page one until the end. Learn from other people that have been rejected and accepted, so you’ll know how to package your own application properly. Feel free to ask questions if anything isn’t clear.

All the best

kelvine95:
Good evening everyone. Thanks for the good work here.

I got a fully funded masters in Agriculture at Dalhousie University with research in Intelligent Engineering Systems. Resumption is in January 2021 but processing time is 27 weeks and I am not sure if the prof will eanna defer my funding to spring since my reseach is time based. So, I would love to ask the following questions;
1. Can I get a response faster than the 27 weeks?
2. I have over 1.3m in my acct at the moment, but I built it in a space of 4 months. Though I am getting about 29,100 CAD for first year and 23,1000 for second year from NSERC which covers the tuition which is about 18,500 CAD and reasonably the living expenses. So, hope the fact that I got this money in a space of 4 months won't raise eye brows? Then, can I remove let say 500k from this money after applying for visa? Do they confirm balance of acct at any point during the proccesing?
3. I am presently a data scientist but I don't plan to continue in that path, so I didn't take a leave of absence from my present company. But I am submitting my employment letter, my salary review letter and pension bank statement from PFA. Is this good enough proof of employment?
4. For home times, I am the fact that my mum, whom i am her only child is based in Nigeria, which is true. Also, i don't have relatives both nuclear and extended abroad. Moreso, I submitted the first page of land survey document of my mum's land. Then, aside that, I extensively spoke about the benefit of my research to Nigeria and I plan to add the fact that i was a president of my CDS group (got a plaque during NYSC as country ties that shows patriotism. Please I need your opinions on this.
5. Please any other advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
please who here has is very good in statistics and mathematics?
it’s urgent please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gatsbym4(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
Taiwolus:

Exactly!

My sister's application status enquiry email (using the webform) was quoted in holluville 's GCMS note. holluville reached out to inform her, also send screenshot (Thank you so much brother). My sister just had her application refused for Purpose of Visit, and Personal asset and financial status, and this wouldn't make any sense because she is 17 years old.

Abeg, make una put mouth. I don't know what to think.

Have any 18 year old (or less), undergraduate (BSc) applicant been refused visa for Personal asset and financial status?

Ani Nairobi vo's are bunch of mumus, that dish out rejections as they like. And there's nothing third world countries like us can do about it, which is rather sad.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
Tobyy10:
Goodday y’all..i received a letter saying my statement of account is fraudulent (Which ais mot true)and was given a period of time to reply to this misrepresentation.. any advice on what to do and go about it?
ahhhh first application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abimbolakay123: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Abimbola,

I’ve seen your question previous pages back and some gurus gave their advice. Hopefully you saw all of that.

Your dad can be a sponsor from anywhere, just attach your birth certificate to prove the relationship.

How old are you? Some people have applied without jobs or without putting their statement of account and got visas. But your age matters.

What is this Pgd in? Is it finance related?

Did you order your GCMS note to see the specific reason for your previous rejection? Those issues raised by the visa officer must have been worked on, and you should explain that in your LOE - letter of explanation

He can transfer your living expense to your personal account (and you state it in your sop or he can state it in his sponsorship letter) so they can see you have access to his funds.

I do not think different addresses will be a problem as long as they both bear his name (but this is just my personal opinion) if you’re unsure you can stick to using 1 account.

Meanwhile, please try to get something doing from now even if it’s unpaid. Voluntary, internship, whatever. Even great if it’s finance related.

All the best

Thank you very much sir i just went through all the analysis

I'm 24 years old and the course i was offered in the school is Financial planning

I have been taken online courses on UI/UX designing it's a tech course on how to design mobile apps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Osemigho:

Hi, I assume you have applied based on this statement:

“ I submitted the first page of land survey document of my mum's land. Then, aside that, I extensively spoke about the benefit of my research to Nigeria and I plan to add the fact that i was a president of my CDS group (got a plaque during NYSC as country ties that shows patriotism.”

If you have applied, don’t bug your mind about it. Defer if you are convinced that is what you need. If you have not applied, don’t worry too much about statement of account. Your scholarship is enough. You can read how to present your scholarship from my previous post from myself and others.

You may worry about the link between your proposed program and past education and employment experience. You should try to address this well in your SOP and present a strong case for your home tie.

All the best.

I am not doing core Agriculture. Let me share excerpts from my LOE about this. I am working on a research around Precision Agriculture, Sensing and Automation. It is core Engineering.

"Currently, I am a Data Scientist at ______, where I build intelligent and risk mitigating models for
financial credit assessment in Nigeria and Kenya (please see section C). I obtained a Bachelor in Engineering from the
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Benin where I graduated at the top 5 percent of my
graduating year with a 4.78/5.00 CGPA. I majored in Electronics and Telecommunications with specific interests in Digital
Communications and Control Systems Engineering. All through my undergraduate studies, I consistently achieved
distinction with excellent capacity in scientific research. In my third year, I worked on automatic water level detection and
switching using wire probes, sensors and a microcontroller. In 2018, I was assigned as an Undergraduate Research
Assistant in the Telecommunications Laboratory where I worked on Dynamic Spectrum Access, a way of intelligently
accessing free spectrums by secondary users, using deep learning and software-defined radio. My undergraduate degree
coupled with my experience in automation, machine learning, big data analytics and digital communications made me a
fit for the Applied Intelligent Engineering Systems Research Group (AIES) at Dalhousie University."

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
Matildabenn1:
ahhhh first application ?
Yes bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abimbolakay123: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
vibrant99:
First , I don't know where the idea of some one's Parents submitting AFFIDAVIT came from, but at 24 years , You parents can always stand for you anywhere in the world , from an African perspective.
Whatever you submit to a VO is how he sees you, If you want to impress them , they want you to remain so, and if you are a basic applicant they want to elevate you further because you are already far too basic to be relegated.

You parents can submit a statement of account with your application or better still have the fund sent to your account and the name of the sender (most preferably a private name not a company name which outlines the initials and surnames which makes both of you, will bring it to fore .

Then there is another idea of him doing a "letter of Support" preferably with a company letter head ( don't worry about his CAC here) where he say he will be in contact and in charge of you. Thus , they can contact him. That's the reason for phone numbers and email addresses.

This things up there are not as cumbersome as your certificate , a 2.2 is actually poor today for Canada standard , Your work experience isn't an issue , you can be idle for any good reason.

What is your prospect with that PGD?

How does it help your future?

How much is the tuition? Is it really necessary spending all of that for something flimsy?

Questions that requires answers .... Answer more of questions than trying to impress the VO.

e go finally end in Praise oo

Amen

I'm 24 years old and the course i was offered in the school is Financial planning

I have been taken online courses on UI/UX designing it's a tech course on how to design mobile apps

I'll proceed to submitting another application as soon as possible

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Chocs:
Hello kelvine95

Congratulations on your admission and scholarship.

1) people have been getting responses that took less than 27 weeks. But passport requests for stamping is rare due to the travel restrictions. As at now, only people who got their study permit before March 18 are allowed to enter Canada (there are still other requirements they have to meet)

Please consider the option of discussing this with your supervisor, I do not think people would be able to travel to Canada by January (personal opinion) Most winter (January 2021) courses might be held online.

2) building over 4 months should be fine (my opinion) as long as you have a source of income (payslip, employment letter or business registration documents) if there is any lump/huge sum coming in at once, that has to be explained with a proof of where it came from.

Some people have been asked for updated bank statement (although it’s not so common) but considering you have just 1.3, what if you remove the 500 and you’re asked for an updated bank statement?

3) if you’re submitting employment documents, please submit a study leave letter too. Otherwise it could be a red flag (my personal opinion)

If your previous degree is not related to agriculture, please do well to explain in your sop (statement of purpose) how and why you decided to switch. Please note that just simply stating that you want a change is not enough. State what you have done in the past that’s relevant to the course you’re going for, and how this new course would be an advancement career wise or educational wise.

Please note: going for a course different from your previous studies or your employment area without adequately explaining a reason for the switch could be a reason for rejection.

4) Seems fine to me

5) If you haven’t applied already, I would advise you to read this thread carefully from page one until the end. Learn from other people that have been rejected and accepted, so you’ll know how to package your own application properly. Feel free to ask questions if anything isn’t clear.

All the best

Why will not submitting a leave of absence be a red flag? Also, I graduated just 2018-19, and my PPA retained me. Maybe I will explain that part.

For the connection of my past degree and research they are totally connected, in fact, without it, I wouldn't get full funding. Please find excerpt where I explained my past and current experience below;

"Currently, I am a ______, where I build intelligent and risk mitigating models for
financial credit assessment in Nigeria and Kenya (please see section C). I obtained a Bachelor in Engineering from the
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Benin where I graduated at the top 5 percent of my
graduating year with a 4.78/5.00 CGPA. I majored in Electronics and Telecommunications with specific interests in Digital
Communications and Control Systems Engineering. All through my undergraduate studies, I consistently achieved
distinction with excellent capacity in scientific research. In my third year, I worked on automatic water level detection and
switching using wire probes, sensors and a microcontroller. In 2018, I was assigned as an Undergraduate Research
Assistant in the Telecommunications Laboratory where I worked on Dynamic Spectrum Access, a way of intelligently
accessing free spectrums by secondary users, using deep learning and software-defined radio. My undergraduate degree
coupled with my experience in automation, machine learning, big data analytics and digital communications made me a
fit for the Applied Intelligent Engineering Systems Research Group (AIES) at Dalhousie University."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abimbolakay123: 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Rejection is part of life, please embrace it and never let it stop you from pursuing what you believe in.

(1) Your dad can sponsor you even if he is based in South Africa

(2) Not having experience is not an issue. You are 24. You actually do have experience via NYSC and your other job. Most people all over the world lost their jobs during Covid, nothing to worry about.

(3) Reapply, but have other plans on the side (Have a plan B). Placing all your hopes in Canada is what is making you scared of reapplying. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

(4) Since he is resident in SA, let him use just 1 SOA (statement of account) from SOA, provided that account can cover all of your fees in Canada. If there is no need to submit 2 SOA's, please don't. Most importantly, he is your father. If 1 bank document is enough, please stick to that. Just make sure he shows what he does for a living and all other necessary documents.

All the best.

Thanks for your advice it's not that I'm banking my hopes on Canada i just thought it wasn't worth giving another shot and i should probably just focus on doing other stuffs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello Abimbolakay123,

You’re welcome.

I’m female smiley

Don’t forget to order your gcms notes before your reapplication. (I believe this would be your second application, please correct me if I’m wrong)

Also try to read this thread from page one and learn, so your application can be a success.

All the best
Abimbolakay123:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello,

I stated it was my personal opinion. I believe having a study leave shows support from your employer, shows you have something to come back to, a reason to return back to Nigeria, and a job is a strong home tie. So that improves your chances of overcoming the home tie problem which is common.
In the end, despite all the advice you’ll get here, the final decision on what to do lies in your hands.

Unfortunately, I can’t vet your write up. I’m not an expert in that. I hope other gurus can help with that @frankrobbn1 @justmellow @osemigho and others please.

All the best
kelvine95:

Why will not submitting a leave of absence be a red flag? Also, I graduated just 2018-19, and my PPA retained me. Maybe I will explain that part.

For the connection of my past degree and research they are totally connected, in fact, without it, I wouldn't get full funding. Please find excerpt where I explained my past and current experience below;

"Currently, I am a ______, where I build intelligent and risk mitigating models for

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (723)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.