Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,815 members, 7,898,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? (675 Views)

Are Men Willing To Wait For Sex Till Marriage? / How To Convince Your Boyfriend To Wait For Sex? / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by hope247: 1:14am On Jan 09, 2011
im going out with my bf for more than 4 years now, but he is not yet ready to marry me, he tells me to wait and always extent it, it was till ending of 2010, now its till easter this year
i know im not perfect, he knows my good sides and bad sides and im sure that we know each other good enough to know if we want to stay with each other or not.
im not nigerian, thats why im writing in this forum, maybe im missing out some important sense of understanding

moreover we both have a child before we met, he is in a good relationship with my daughter but i havent seen his daughter more than 3 times in the 4 years

im just confused if its better to make a painful break than to draw out the pain.

i know nobody can make the decision for me, but i just need some input

tnx
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by Phate07(m): 1:23am On Jan 09, 2011

Has he proposed to you?

If he has not, then wait for him to do so. But do give him the correct signals.
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by MrsEve2(f): 1:25am On Jan 09, 2011
If a man does not know within 6 months to 1 years of knowing you that he want to marry you. He will never marry you.
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by MrsEve2(f): 1:27am On Jan 09, 2011
You said you are not Nigerian, are you from an African country?
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by hope247: 1:46am On Jan 09, 2011
we started talking about marriage some years ago, and he keep me waiting eversince

im from europe
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 09, 2011
Is he nigerian?
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by MrsEve2(f): 1:49am On Jan 09, 2011
Okay hun,

He is not going to marry you any time soon.  So if you are dung ho on getting married then find another chap who worth your time.  IF you want to sit around and be like that cartoon where the woman is dead waiting on her Mr. Right then you go right ahead.
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by hope247: 2:06am On Jan 09, 2011
@ adolfe bad: yes he is nigerian

@ Mrs, Eve: thanks for ur input, i was already expecting something like that, i believe if he was serious with me, he would have made it official long time, i better go on with my life
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by chikeorji123(m): 2:08am On Jan 09, 2011
Mrs, Eve:

If a man does not know within 6 months to 1 years of knowing you that he want to marry you. He will never marry you.

Hey poster were u dey? listen to this cool cool
Re: How Long Is It Ok To Wait For Marriage? by MrsEve2(f): 2:43am On Jan 09, 2011
I wish you the best life and love chick.

You deserve better and do not wait for a man to marry you. Believe me after six months of dating you he would have known whether you are the one or not. It does not take years to love someone but take years to fall out of love with some one.

(1) (Reply)

Boyfriends Who despoil Their Girlfriends / When A Man Is Ripe For Marriage / Your Best Friend And Girl Friend On Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.