Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,768 members, 7,889,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:58 PM

Vigilante Member Allegedly Kills Driver In Kwara Over N5,000 Bribe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vigilante Member Allegedly Kills Driver In Kwara Over N5,000 Bribe (373 Views)

Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe / Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed / Oluwatosin Michael Fatunmbi Kills Driver, Buries Him In The Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vigilante Member Allegedly Kills Driver In Kwara Over N5,000 Bribe by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 30, 2020
A local vigilante member identified as Sule who was hired by Eyenkorin community, allegedly shot the man —a commercial driver named Idowu— because he refused to part with N5,000 bribe.

It was gathered that Idowu was returning from a trip to Ibadan, Oyo State, in defiance of the current COVID-19 lockdown when Sule and his colleagues stopped the driver at Eyenkorin, demanding to be paid the sum of N5,000, which the driver reportedly resisted.

It was gathered that the development led to an argument and the vigilante reportedly shot ldowu on the chest.

Sule is reported to have taken to his heels with his family after committing the crime.

The deceased has been deposited at the General Hospital Ilorin morgue after a complaint was lodged with the police by the family of the deceased.

Idowu, who had recently survived a ghastly auto crash, is survived by his three-month-old son, wife, and an aged mother.

Commenting on the incident, the state police command spokesperson, Ajayi Okasanmi said that the local vigilante officer is on the run, adding that the community association that engaged the local vigilante member has been invited.

Mr Okasanmi said that investigation is ongoing on the matter.

Re: Vigilante Member Allegedly Kills Driver In Kwara Over N5,000 Bribe by Fisiryorh(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2020
his chapter has ended..it is well with the living,Amen...
Re: Vigilante Member Allegedly Kills Driver In Kwara Over N5,000 Bribe by slyfox35(m): 11:16am On Apr 30, 2020
All the security outfits in this corntree are just scum of the earth
Thieves who were not rehabilitated but given guns to protect citizens
How can you call a snake to guard your eggs
Now that 3 month old baby is fatherless just like how our police men are busy killing young boys,making parents who once had children become childless
Oh...I weep for Nigeria
When I was attending Auchi Polytechnic,there was no police station during my ND set because the youths in the area burnt the station in retaliation for the death of a student who was killed by the police on ragday
Now this gave the vigilante at Auchi more power,they were handed guns and Hilux vans by who I don't know
Whoever handed them guns never knew a strengthend a particular cult because unknowingly to them,all vigilante members at Auchi who are indigenes belong to a specific cult
Instead of being a security outfits,they turned out that be bandits,rogue elements,bullies who bullied you because you are a Jew or you are of a rival cult..
All these in the guise of "vigilante"
I remember when I got in trouble at school and the vigilante was called on me,we were two who committed the so called offence
But I alone was beaten drastically and the other freed because he was an indigene,even after the beating, extortion followed day by day,the day I had no money,I was tied to a stake and beaten again,I had no one to turn to,I finally sold off a few of my things to pay these rascals,guess what ?..I still was not free,there came the toasting "see ehn,if to say you blend,this thing for nor happen to you,come blend make you be strong man,we go get your back"
These were so called vigilante members o
I almost gave in to their request,and they told me they will come on a certain morning to come blend me in,telling me how I will become their brothers and how we will be moving together ,I was disturbed because that was not who I am,to me ,cultism was the end of your life and me never ready to end life then.I was still a virgin!!
I neva even f***k before,then I wan go join cult first? mbanu!!
That was how I ran away from my lodge that early morning,and for two weeks,I became most wanted on campus...
To cut the long story short
Guns do not fit our security outfits,they are too primitive for guns,let them be equipped with torchlight and whistle because their bad deeds outweigh their good deeds
Hooligans in Uniforms
Re: Vigilante Member Allegedly Kills Driver In Kwara Over N5,000 Bribe by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
slyfox35:
All the security outfits in this corntree are just scum of the earth
Thieves who were not rehabilitated but given guns to protect citizens
How can you call a snake to guard your eggs
Now that 3 month old baby is fatherless just like how our police men are busy killing young boys,making parents who once had children become childless
Oh...I weep for Nigeria
When I was attending Auchi Polytechnic,there was no police station during my ND set because the youths in the area burnt the station in retaliation for the death of a student who was killed by the police on ragday
Now this gave the vigilante at Auchi more power,they were handed guns and Hilux vans by who I don't know
Whoever handed them guns never knew a strengthend a particular cult because unknowingly to them,all vigilante members at Auchi who are indigenes belong to a specific cult
Instead of being a security outfits,they turned out that be bandits,rogue elements,bullies who bullied you because you are a Jew or you are of a rival cult..
All these in the guise of "vigilante"
I remember when I got in trouble at school and the vigilante was called on me,we were two who committed the so called offence
But I alone was beaten drastically and the other freed because he was an indigene,even after the beating, extortion followed day by day,the day I had no money,I was tied to a stake and beaten again,I had no one to turn to,I finally sold off a few of my things to pay these rascals,guess what ?..I still was not free,there came the toasting "see ehn,if to say you blend,this thing for nor happen to you,come blend make you be strong man,we go get your back"
These were so called vigilante members o
I almost gave in to their request,and they told me they will come on a certain morning to come blend me in,telling me how I will become their brothers and how we will be moving together ,I was disturbed because that was not who I am,to me ,cultism was the end of your life and me never ready to end life then.I was still a virgin!!
I neva even f***k before,then I wan go join cult first? mbanu!!
That was how I ran away from my lodge that early morning,and for two weeks,I became most wanted on campus...
To cut the long story short
Guns do not fit our security outfits,they are too primitive for guns,let them be equipped with torchlight and whistle because their bad deeds outweigh their good deeds
Hooligans in Uniforms

Well said...only God can save us ooo

(1) (Reply)

“whatever Help, Support & Relief You Are Doing, Don’t Visit Ikorodu"- Lady Warns / Agidi Seller Robbed In Benin / Gofundme Created For The Memorial Fund Of George Floyd Has Raised Over $1.9mil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.