Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,617 members, 7,926,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 11:24 PM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (96617 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Tillatalk: 1:15pm On May 03, 2020
The girl don't really love you bro if she do she will have convinced her father the reason why she want to marry you..bro find your level asap and move on
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by nitoriolohun(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2020
humilitypays:
Yes you have a point, but brother let me brag small, I am a born genius. If I was a white, I am supposed to be in the league of late Albert Einstein and co.

The person you are chatting with here finished reading Physics by Abot while I was in SS1, started studying Physics, Further Maths, etc right from Junior secondary. There was no Internet in my time.

I conduct physics and chemistry experiments in my room as a Junior secondary school student. When I got to senior secondary, chemistry, physics, further maths, etc were like book of my bible stories for kids for me. I was way above my mates right from nursery school.

I was a wonder kid. I won lots of school awards growing up. I do multiplication, division of even decimal figures with my head without calculator.

I helped so many people write waec, jamb, etc and they all passed. I was just too good academically.

I read virtually anything readable; holy books, science books, newspapers, magazines, even awake I never missed any of their publications all thanks to my wonderful Jehovah Witness friends that visit regularly for Bible study then.

I hardly go out cos I was engrossed with reading anything I see. I finished oxford dictionary page to page, Bible almost.

My point is, life experiences have taught me a lot, academic degrees, paper qualifications are nothing....wisdom, intelligence, success, smartness is not by your academic degrees or qualifications.

I didn't further after my first degree cos I saw no need, I saw that academic qualifications are a waste of smart and talented people's time, so I quit but I am far more exposed, learned, knowledgeable and better than most professors.

My mates call me prof till date cos they say I am a born prof.

So you guys should quit those paper qualification crap u use to measure people's success, future and intelligence, it's foolishness
kudos bro, that man is just a bragging adult that selects for social status.
Three idiots comes to mind. Intelligent n smart people see beyond paper qualifications. People with different stories and he shld be thankful he's privileged to afford tuition of a private university for his daughter.
Smart people dnt acquire qualifications but knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by AkupeMBANO(f): 1:23pm On May 03, 2020
adexpa:
It seems the man get some money(babcok n covenant) n he has evaluated you and sees that you did not measure up, you knew where your gal is from n you did not buckle up by upgrading yourself too while she went for her masters. He sees that you are going to draw the girl back n rubbish everything he invested on her. You should know Iron sharpen iron. Leave the girl once the papa disagree n I do not think the man can ever agree.
The niggar sounds like a gold digger to me though!!
he dey find rich man pikin. Men should believe in themselves and work their way through to the top. look for a lady from a humble background, and marry. with God on your side you must blow!! and most importantly stay incharge of your marriage without any miscreant looking down on you.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by AkupeMBANO(f): 1:25pm On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:

Read what the OP typed in his story and you'll find out that he is just a factory worker with HND while the girl has first degree and a masters and works in a big organisation in Lagos.

Habba! The two of them no be mate na. If not for NYSC, they would never have met at that kind of social level.

The OP sounds to me like a gold digger. that wants to use the girl to escape poverty and the lady's dad was wise to his conny tricks
end of discussion!!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Goodzinny: 1:25pm On May 03, 2020
The girl and her family are not your class. Why do you want to hang your coat where your hand can't reach. If you keep pressing on, that your coat may tear or you fall off the chair that you are standing on. Please go to a humble family and hook up a poly girl or better still a BSc girl. They are plenty out there.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OJEEMAH(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=Poorboy post=89136380] HND and what? I am not familiar with this your abbreviations.

First of all, ANAN stand for 'Association of National Accountants of Nigeria'. its a well recognised professional certificate in the public & private sector jus like ICAN.

So how did your friend get level 9 with HND in FIRS?

HND+ANAN+ His Mom Being a Director.

The Nigeria Customs Service gives BSC &HND level 8.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by lekonso: 1:31pm On May 03, 2020
In addition to getting her a job in a big company her Dad might have bought her a car. If they say you should not marry their daughter you better leave her. But my advice for you is by all means to go and get a degree and possibly masters so that you won't have a problem in future with H.N.D.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by AkupeMBANO(f): 1:32pm On May 03, 2020
BigJoe19:
Do you know that some people's parents that are in polytechnic are richer than those in private University?
poly students have started crawling out. niggar! go and sit down and stop derailing this thread abeg!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Poorboy: 1:33pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=OJEEMAH post=89137920][/quote] Alright

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by AkupeMBANO(f): 1:37pm On May 03, 2020
saajus:
She has to convince her parents. If not, don't waste your time. I don't know some parents are still shortsighted to that extent in 2020. There are a lot of PhD holders that will box their daughter to stupor at home. I am not HND has automatically made you responsible, but you are the one she loves.
This one is still talking about love. Oboy! ship don abandon you sail o
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by unmask: 1:41pm On May 03, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
write a story and make a blockbuster movie out of it.....last last $1m go enter your pocket

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Dpharisee: 1:41pm On May 03, 2020
Guy hustle, improve yourself and pray, her father's reaction doesn't have much to do with your HND, I have been in a similar situation with my my good University degree but without money, I forgot about her when she didn't resist her family and moved on.
Got married to another lady.
Today my level don high and we still speak, but with my level of exposure, international travel and trainings I have received I realised she doesn't measure up with me anymore intellectually. Our discussion is no longer very interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by AkupeMBANO(f): 1:55pm On May 03, 2020
Johsefh:
OP is obviously lying
I just like investigative people like you. Kudos!!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by AkupeMBANO(f): 1:55pm On May 03, 2020
Johsefh:
OP is obviously lying
I just like investigative people like you. Kudos!!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by BigJoe19: 2:02pm On May 03, 2020
AkupeMBANO:

poly students have started crawling out. niggar! go and sit down and stop derailing this thread abeg!
You can use your brain, stop being dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ndaduma: 2:16pm On May 03, 2020
Hi Op
Sincerely speaking, similar thing happened to me some years ago.
I was studying in one of the polytechnic and working as a clerk in an organisation. Then I started looking for a girl to settle down with since I'm earning a good salary. That was when the whole drama started.
Most of the girl I approached then; where all in the university studying and also came from a comfortable background. Their parents refused to approve the relationship. The whole thing became frustrating. It was a friend that informed me that its because of class differences that I'm not getting a positive signal from those girls families.
O boy, I just let the girls 'go ooo' and increased my hustle. Today, I'm married and went ahead to acquired all the academic qualifications expected. I'm presently working in a nice organisation with good pay. I can confidently rub shoulders with even their parents and not the girls 'sef'. Fact of the matter is that; you will suffer inferiority complex even if you marry her now. The parents will never respect your personality and when the allur of marriage wanes you may become an errand boy to your wife. Sooo, increase your hustle big time
t

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by golddare: 2:17pm On May 03, 2020
Let me sympathise with you my dear friend. Frankly speaking your prospective "inlaw" values education. This was demonstrated through investment on his daughter. I bet the man must have spent roughly 10m on her graduate and postgraduate.

It's not about money and unfortunately you dont have "money". I may not be totally right but I think if you appear to be a jobless PhD student or MSc holder the reaction will be different. That man values education.

1. I think you need to prepare your mind for the worse.
2. I think you need to begin your journey to further education, put in for PgD... MSc/MBA right away.
3. If you have the means do it outside the shores and if not do it in a better school.
4. Even if you loose the girl you would have upgraded yourself.
5. Dont take this like a looser, take it as a challenge, even if you are not born rich atleast born somebody they will call rich.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Denko2721987(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:

Keep deceiving yourself.. The Op even failed to defend himself in front of the girl's dad.

The hypocrite and lazy OP should find his level and look for a fellow diploma lady like him to go and marry.

Masters no be beans..

Woooo.. so the OP should drag the man who had already 'stood up' to take his leave in disapproval just so he can defend himself?

There u go already insulting someone whom you don't even know or who hasn't exchanged words with you..

And u go be so-called 'university' graduate oooo..

No wonder Nigeria they as e be.. High literacy rate with nothing to show for it...

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Toyorlee1: 2:18pm On May 03, 2020
Ningen:
Are you implying he rather gives his blessings to a poor and jobless degree holder than to a rich and successful school dropout?

You are totally naive to believe it's all about your educational background, its your Bank Account!

Your options —

1. She can find her voice and convince her dad that you are success and marriage material.

2. You can go back to school for a degree. grin

3. Elope together without his blessing.

4. Get rich quick, google 'Robbin Banks' for tips.

5. Quit and move on. ( Preferred option!!)

Best option
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by bongo4real(m): 2:28pm On May 03, 2020
meetme01:
Op, to be sincere, if you don't upgrade before you get married to that lady if eventually things is sorted. You would have issues in your home.

See, it's not a curse. Married folks can attest to this.

Her standard is much higher academically, financially etc than yours. You have been seen as a gold digger. She would want to reside in Lagos due to her job. Not mainland Lagos but on the island. Can you afford accommodation in Lekki or or VI.? She would have much say in the home because her income is much higher and her parents would be supportive. If you're not careful, your home would be dictated by her parents. Before you know, you would turn to their houseboy. At the long run, a hit or foul language on the lady will end the marriage.

Please, yoruba would say, ile ola niyonu. Another says, iyawo burku se fe, ano buruku o se ni (You can mange a bad wife but the in-law should not be harboured).

If you like yourself, make her your best friend and remain best of friends. She would love it that way and any request for support or assistance, she would be glad.

Marriage is not only about love o.

Seconded man
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by openmine(m): 2:42pm On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

Nikka free me abeg
Were you not the one who mentioned me ab initio?
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!
Smh
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Realtizzy(m): 2:46pm On May 03, 2020
The earlier you forget that girl nd her said family the better for you.
Her father is a very poor wealthy man
Move on nd keep developing ursef for urself not because of ond nonchalant

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by nurusystem(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2020
Liliantalks:
leave Olodo out of it ,, u got the degree! And that’s a major achievement
no any achievement like salvation.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by showafrica(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things

Lol, fast lane but make sure you man enough and show it to ur inlaws that u can take care. If you are not making at least 10k daily, e dey hard oo
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by UTEWUOJO: 2:53pm On May 03, 2020
Go and further your education or quit the relationship, the supposed father in-law is helping you to avert your future headaches. The girl's income will be greater than yours, thereby bringing disrespect in the future. HND against Masters degree, you too check am na.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Liliantalks: 3:00pm On May 03, 2020
nurusystem:

no any achievement like salvation.
surely
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by igbowoman: 3:27pm On May 03, 2020
spiceadole:

Did you graduate from Covenant,Babcock,Bowen or Igbinedion?

What is your profession?
What kind of job were you doing and how much were you earning?

I bet if you were in the high social class,you won't stoop low.

Why all these foolish questions?Do I owe you explanations?

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Blessnelly(f): 3:33pm On May 03, 2020
PureGoldh:
Bro....see eeh,just be urself....No dey worry urself over dx issue.

If the girl in question was designed for you by God.... something extraordinaire wey pass Zeeworld go happen between the two of una...even her family go turn up for you.

There is a man for every woman and there is a woman for every man.

I wish you all the best
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:

Twaalee baba!!!! I cut cap for you. This your lie no get part two.

Na only sha dey see people without education wey dey marry Ph.D holders.

e no lie nau.have u not seen all those uneducated igbo business men married to women who are highly educated? if u get plenty money in naija u can get any woman.the issue for op is that even though he has hnd if to say he polish imsef or show them he is from a well to do family as well i guess the parents would have accepted him even with his hnd.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by stuffs4me(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2020
Tumbulum:
you guys should stop being funny. The op didn't meet her as a MSC holder and working in a top coy to classify him as a gold digger. They meet when they were just Nysc members and the relationship has been there.

Yeah.... But he held on to her when he discovered she had a bright future and from a well to do family.

The OP is just a gold-digger as he cant convince anyone that he never met other diploma girls of his status but he is adamant on marrying a successful lady from a rich family
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by stuffs4me(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2020
carpdiemz:

Graduating from a polytechnic doesn’t make one to be dumb , I graduated from one of the best polytechnic in south west , You have to be very high up to beat my standard of education if you graduated from any of the glorified university in Nigeria , I study beyond my environment , it’s all about self development.... back to the subject; the guy should double up his hussle cuz all I can see here is a social class issue , if with that hnd he works at shell or dangote as a top staff , going to the girls house with a latest Mercedes Benz the story would have been different.

You failed to make it to university and it automatically became glorified.

Keep deceiving yourself because I know it still pains you that you were not smart nor intelligent enough to make it to the university.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Man Caught Gazing At A Lady's Backside While She Passes By (photo) / Never Have A Three-some, It's Not Worth It - Heartbroken Lady (Photo) / Lady Shares Unclad Pic Of Man She Just Slept With & Asked His GF To Come Get Him

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.