Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,304 members, 7,947,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? (272 Views)

We' ll Make You Self-sufficient, Rector Assures 8,743 Matriculated Students / FG Moves To Make Varsities Self-sufficient / Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? by Yahksbiz(m): 10:21pm On May 03, 2020
I had a serious argument but more of discuss for better understanding with my friends about "self sufficient and self content " but I don't really understand it myself so please can we discuss it here so that we share our view and I learn.

I think self sufficient is a natural thing that one need to stay in without attempting to go out or add to its structure.

Whilst self content is struggling to get more even though what you have can satisfy you.

Looking at these two words it strikingly confusing........

Sorry for any errors
Re: Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 03, 2020
SS - needing no outside help in satisfying one's basic needs, especially with regard to the production of food. (google)

SC - self content is when a person is happy with what he has. (beyond food)
Re: Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? by Yahksbiz(m): 1:08am On May 04, 2020
The biggest issue is, he said no one is self sufficient.
And I don't agree to that
Re: Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? by Yahksbiz(m): 1:11am On May 04, 2020
cruxgemmata:
SS - needing no outside help in satisfying one's basic needs, especially with regard to the production of food. (google)

SC - self content is when a person is happy with what he has. (beyond food)

Beside, I don't think dictionaries meanings could help. Just the practical experience of one daily life could tell more
Re: Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? by Nobody: 4:31am On May 04, 2020
Yahksbiz:

Beside, I don't think dictionaries meanings could help. Just the practical experience of one daily life could tell more
Ok lemme try

How about
i am self sufficient because i can feed mysef without help from a 3rd party. I earn well and thats satisfying

And i am self content with the type of food i eat, type of car i drive, type of tv i bought. Am ok with it.

Despite all the hype of iphone, i am content wit gionee or tecno etc even if i can afford an iPhone. Etc

How about i am self content with my hp laptop for easy navigation and use rather dan apple laptop because i wanna show off.

Most people are not self contented with that they have. They have tecno but because of iPhone trends they wanna feel among.

I ate 1 plate of rice and self contented despite the fact that my friends ate 3 plates each. Am ok with mine, that's how far i can go.

Another one. I see people drink beverage and add al sort to make it thick, milo, milk but am ok with my coffee no milk, lil sugar.

SS is just u been able to cater for ursef, u can eat and shelter ursef witout help

SC is just u satisfied with what u have. No strings. (no covetousness)
Re: Self Sufficient And Self Content. What Is The Different? by Tife20: 10:47am On May 07, 2020
Hello

Ladies and gentlemen

There is online classes that will start on Monday..

It is free of charge anybody can join.

The online classes will be on one online forum...

www.talkpalsforum.com

Kindly register now...

Click--- https://www.talkpalsforum.com/index.php?action=register

To register..

If you are interested in moderating any of the forum

You can DM admin on 08088576525

Subject available for now..

English
Biology
Physics
Chemistry..

These are the subject that is available for now..

And if you can also..teach one of it

DM the admin

If we have any body that can teach any subject that is not listed here DM the admin also

UI postutme brainstorming will also there

It is...free

We are going to be doing quiz on every Saturday...... With reward to first 3 that won

Thanks very much

Best regard talkpalsforum teams

(1) (Reply)

Sandwich Admission For 2020 Contact Session – UNILORIN / Masters Programme / See This Boy's Response To A Given Home Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.