Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,376 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah (52445 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG / Photos Of Burning Lagos Transport Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by seborrhic: 12:37pm On May 06, 2020
Honeydenz:

That's exactly my salary.
Do u know now that from musholashi my bustop, to Ikeja, formerly 150 or 200 is now 600 go 600 come. Which means most lagosians will now be working for transportation alone.

I don't know what God's angel are waiting for, let them blow this trumpet now now now! I FEAR FOR MY COUNTRY!
That is why I was shocked someone saying it's a little price to pay.
So u end up working just to avoid something to do because at this transport fare,the average worker aside spending everything on transport ends up not even having money to feed.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by MrBONE2(m): 12:39pm On May 06, 2020
post=89244067:
So I set off to computer village from Lakowe today to do some work on my Pc, on getting to the bus stop today, after a long time home, it was business as usual, but 1 thing was unusual and unexpected.

The bus I boarded to Ajah was taking only 2 passengers per sit, I was impressed that our rickety busses were at least complying, the price was bumped up a bit (N150-N250), but for the 2 per sit, it was a little token no one should complain about for the sake of their safety.

Well, to think i saw it all already, I received a greater shock when I boarded the bus from Ajah-Ikeja, at the park, they were taking 2 per sit too, and 1 at the front, it may not mean anything to people from other parts of the country, but those in Lagos can understand, well, the park officials insisted you must have a nose mask to board the bus, and to top it all, they all asked us to come and wash our hands before boarding, they provided water and soap by the side and everyone must wash before boarding, as expected, the price was bumped from N500 to N800, but if you calculate, the drivers are actually making less than what they used to when they were taking full passengers.

Update - on our way, there was a baba who somehow tricked his way into the bus without a nose mask, while moving, the driver noticed and immediately stopped the car and asked the baba to either buy a nose mask, or alight, the baba had no choice than to buy.

I feel this is a commendable effort that should be appericiated, so I felt led to share.

This is very commendable, But sadly by this time I hayaaf been avoiding Urban areas
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Femich18(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Yesterday I entered a taxi, which was supposed to carry two at the back and one at the front, the driver was carrying 4 at the back and 1 at the front against directives, we warned him to reduce his passenger, but the guy wouldn't bulge, that was how he was making mouth that no body can stop him , he told us how he dealt with a soldier last week Friday shocked
Before he could finish making mouth, that was how we ran into checkpoint grin and the police asked everyone to alight, he was arrested and his vehicle impounded, that was how our commando driver began to cry and roll on the floor grin, I jejely completed my journey trecking, after all my destination was a stone throw. cheesy

Lols. If nah me I go add fuel to the fire. I go tell the police everything him talk when Una warn am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Brunicekid(m): 12:47pm On May 06, 2020
moscobabs:
Commendable,NURTW in Lagos State are really trying, this is unbelievable. I entered from Ileepo to Oshodi today for #250, it used to be #200 before,3 passengers on a seat and only one in front.

When I calculated all the fare, I was even pitying the driver cos the total amount he got is lesser than what he gets on normal day. He gave all of us sanitizer bfre we board the bus.

Even the Agbero are help in curbing this virus ...this is the first time I respect Lagos NURTW .

This is the type of Lagos we prayed for.
YEAH!!!
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by omotowo2: 12:53pm On May 06, 2020
From ojodu to Ikeja is #150 compared to the usual #100 but it is 2 passengers on a seat .

Kudos to NURTW
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by lozanni(m): 12:55pm On May 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Yesterday I entered a taxi, which was supposed to carry two at the back and one at the front, the driver was carrying 4 at the back and 1 at the front against directives, we warned him to reduce his passenger, but the guy wouldn't bulge, that was how he was making mouth that no body can stop him , he told us how he dealt with a soldier last week Friday shocked
Before he could finish making mouth, that was how we ran into checkpoint grin and the police asked everyone to alight, he was arrested and his vehicle impounded, that was how our commando driver began to cry and roll on the floor grin, I jejely completed my journey trecking, after all my destination was a stone throw. cheesy

grin Trust those yellow cab drivers, they are always mouthy like that, he does not know that the social distancing rule is also for his own good.
Lucky you, you got a free ride.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2020
Naija246:
una just dey suffer unaselves corona virus no dey Nigeria.
It's a scam

grin grin

I like u.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Nicklaus619(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2020
lozanni:

grin Trust those yellow cab drivers, they are always mouthy like that, he does not know that the social distancing rule is also for his own good.
Lucky you, you got a free ride.

Aswear down, grin the driver too talk, he was just vibrating that no-one can do sh!t, the guy face change when he saw police grin

1 Like

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by omotowo2: 12:57pm On May 06, 2020
Opexzy:
I was surprised on Monday when i got to berger. The bus I boarded made sure every passenger wore a face mask. Though we were three per row but the bus was relatively big, we were given sanitizers to sanitize our hand. The fare from berger to ikeja was 200 naira instead of the usual 150 naira.. Which is still understandable.

From grammar school to Ikeja now is #150 buy two on a seat
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2020
seborrhic:
500 to 800 is a small token? That is a 62% jump in fares. If a low grade worker resumes work,thats 35k-40kfor transport alone! Indeed Nigerians enjoy suffering and smiling.

so, u would prefer the normal amount and have the bus fully packed?
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Yodexy: 1:10pm On May 06, 2020
The your story dey one kind.

From Ajah I went to Obalende today for an important document. We were seated 3 on a row. Instead of the usual 4.

Nobody send you if you wear mask or not.

Though the price is still the usually 300. I was suprised.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by ukahrawah: 1:22pm On May 06, 2020
Good development.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Yodexy: 1:24pm On May 06, 2020
deathmen12:
OP stop lying stupid lies, I was in ajah all through, the way those bus drivers are loading there buses got me scared and I have to order taxi, even the small Toyota Camry I wanted to enter the driver was even saying he want to carry 4 at the back seat... Lagos state is in for a big thing I just pray things didn’t get out of hand.

You dey mind the guy. Maybe na government worker.

I no use eye see hand sanitizers anywhere from Ajah till Obalende.

The banks will allow everyone to squeeze and romance themselves outside before practicing social distancing when they enter through the gate. Who is deceiving who?

Along Falomo road, there's only one bank that practised social distancing from outside their premises.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Azord(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2020
Op na afternoon u use comot, na y the bus scanty, people don comot since morning and passenger nor too dey road.
As at yesterday wey be dey school gate(lakowe), all na so so full bus l dey see.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by chyket(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2020
moscobabs:
Commendable,NURTW in Lagos State are really trying, this is unbelievable. I entered from Ileepo to Oshodi today for #250, it used to be #200 before,3 passengers on a seat and only one in front.

When I calculated all the fare, I was even pitying the driver cos the total amount he got is lesser than what he gets on normal day. He gave all of us sanitizer bfre we board the bus.

Even the Agbero are help in curbing this virus ...this is the first time I respect Lagos NURTW .

This is the type of Lagos we prayed for.
You also need to factor in the fact that fuel cost is also #20naira cheaper per litre in your revenue analysis for the driver.

1 Like

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by ucyonline: 1:50pm On May 06, 2020
Naija246:
una just dey suffer unaselves corona virus no dey Nigeria.
It's a scam

What do you hope to achieve with this? Please don't mislead people.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Joystark(f): 1:58pm On May 06, 2020
MhizJoyce:

Baby girl, I'll take you to domino

Catfishing plenty for this Nairaland sha.

Wonder why man go dey bear "MhizJoyce".
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 06, 2020
post=89244067:
So I set off to computer village from Lakowe today to do some work on my Pc, on getting to the bus stop today, after a long time home, it was business as usual, but 1 thing was unusual and unexpected.

The bus I boarded to Ajah was taking only 2 passengers per sit, I was impressed that our rickety busses were at least complying, the price was bumped up a bit (N150-N250), but for the 2 per sit, it was a little token no one should complain about for the sake of their safety.

Well, to think i saw it all already, I received a greater shock when I boarded the bus from Ajah-Ikeja, at the park, they were taking 2 per sit too, and 1 at the front, it may not mean anything to people from other parts of the country, but those in Lagos can understand, well, the park officials insisted you must have a nose mask to board the bus, and to top it all, they all asked us to come and wash our hands before boarding, they provided water and soap by the side and everyone must wash before boarding, as expected, the price was bumped from N500 to N800, but if you calculate, the drivers are actually making less than what they used to when they were taking full passengers.

Update - on our way, there was a baba who somehow tricked his way into the bus without a nose mask, while moving, the driver noticed and immediately stopped the car and asked the baba to either buy a nose mask, or alight, the baba had no choice than to buy.

I feel this is a commendable effort that should be appericiated, so I felt led to share.
You dey pity drivers and conductors wey dem make money pass bank manager.They don't have savings culture that is why.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by moscobabs(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2020
chyket:
You also need to factor in the fact that fuel cost is also #20naira cheaper per litre in your revenue analysis for the driver.

Before 14*200=2800

Now. 10*250=2500

Shortage of 300

Hand sanitizer 200 (Estimated)

Total loss #500

Difference in fuel price 20

500/20

25liters

Are you telling me the driver bought and use 25liters for Ileepo - Oshodi trip?
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by pedrilo: 2:53pm On May 06, 2020
it is not yet uhuru ohhhh
wait until junior staff resume.
passengers no too many now.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Pinopinodaddy: 3:47pm On May 06, 2020
Iyaiya! Kamnukwa

Not for oyingbo to costain, the buses still carry 3 per seat and not all passengers are wearing facemask.

NCDC taskforce should approach there to find out.

Police should tighten up in arrest, for violators, in that, sanity will be instilled and installed.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by lukency(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2020
Lagos is a model in the obedient to the rule of law.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by MhizJoyce(f): 4:07pm On May 06, 2020
Joystark:

Catfishing plenty for this Nairaland sha.

Wonder why man go dey bear "MhizJoyce".
My sister's username. I was banned for professing love to you sometimes ago. cry
I love you baby.
**Corona kisses**
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by naijaman2225(m): 4:21pm On May 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I LOVE THIS STORY. MY KUDOS TO THE SOLDIERS FOR DOING THEIR JOB AND TO YOU FOR NARRATING IT.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by ToyinDipo(m): 4:32pm On May 06, 2020
Sadly, hunger probably goaded them into compliance
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by kevoh(m): 4:44pm On May 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Yesterday I entered a taxi, which was supposed to carry two at the back and one at the front, the driver was carrying 4 at the back and 1 at the front against directives, we warned him to reduce his passenger, but the guy wouldn't bulge.
Next time insist on two at the back as directed by the government. Passengers should learn to insist or come down, as the directive is for the collective safety of everyone not for one stupid driver to profit from. You are already paying more than the normal fare to cover the lack of passengers for Pete sakes! Insist on physical distancing! We have our part to play in curbing this pandemic!
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by dialajenni(f): 4:53pm On May 06, 2020
agege is still same full load
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by KunleyY19(m): 5:10pm On May 06, 2020
Seriously the compliance of NURTW should be applauded.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Nicklaus619(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2020
kevoh:

Next time insist on two at the back as directed by the government. Passengers should learn to insist or come down, as the directive is for the collective safety of everyone not for one stupid driver to profit from. You are already paying more than the normal fare to cover the lack of passengers for Pete sakes! Insist on physical distancing! We have our part to play in curbing this pandemic!

Exactly
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Legendguru: 5:40pm On May 06, 2020
Really
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by giftedgem(m): 5:58pm On May 06, 2020
PREMIER PROTECTIVE GOWN NOW AVAILABLE

A PACK ( 20 pieces) - N17,000

call Gift - 08099545793

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas / Ibadan To Lagos Train Stuck In The Forest As Fuel Finishes (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.