Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,196 members, 7,913,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 05:53 AM

Eco Bank Encourage Fraud With Their Express Account Opening - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eco Bank Encourage Fraud With Their Express Account Opening (688 Views)

First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account / ECOWAS Adopts ECO As Name Of Single Currency / Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eco Bank Encourage Fraud With Their Express Account Opening by Tofak: 3:22pm On May 08, 2020
Red Alert to Nigerians

On d 7th of May a cousin of mine called me that he got a text mesage from me to transfer #10 to #20k to his FCMB Acct which i dont ve FCMB Acct. He actually tried to transfer into d Acct initially but d name on d Acct was not mine. That what raised his curiosity to call me. We found out it was a scam from a close person that knows both of us. He informed d scammer that dat name on d Acct was different. Within an hr an Eco bank Acct was opened in my name nd sent to my cousin again. I was how could dat be , i later found out Eco bank encourage opening an Express Account online without submitting any documents or verification. Such Acct is opened using ur mobile Number as Acct Number by removing d first digit. Immediately, money is transfer into such Acct d frauster or whoever transfer such money to their original Acct for onward withdrawal. It baffles me how Eco bank do not realise that this channel of Acct Opening is an expressway to fraud and financial malfeasance. In a country trying so hard to stamp out financial fraud with d establishment of BVN nd NIMS. Anyone can open d so called Express Acct with Eco bank within 30min. Such Acct has no record and no trace. It is an easy way to dupe money nd move such money.
Re: Eco Bank Encourage Fraud With Their Express Account Opening by bcashy: 5:43pm On May 08, 2020
Stanbic has it too....stanbic wallet....

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: 70% Of Dubai Companies Expect To Go Out Of Business Within Six Months / Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency / How Much Do You Think I Should Sell This Pap I Made By My Self?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.