Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,245 members, 7,947,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? (831 Views)

Things That Makes You Procrastinate And How To Stop Them / Do Not Procrastinate. / How To Drop The Habit Of Procrastination (not Doing Things When You Supposed To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by anungangampu: 8:35pm On May 10, 2020
This tread is created for the purpose of tackling procrastination as a major block on our road to success and self fulfillment. Here you have a lot of witness who are going same journey with you and ready to encourage you to reach your max potential. We should also use the anonymous of the Web to our betterment.

You also have a lot of knowledgeable persons who are ready to embellish out thier knowledge without any cost. It goes without saying that Whatever worth doing worth doing well. Whatever you want to achieve in life needs your attention to make it stand out. Waisting your life procrastinating does you no good at all instead it leaves you with weakness that makes you less human.

You can achieve more in life if you face every problem as they come.

If you want to get the best out of this tread

You must

1. Acknowledge you have a problem worth addressing (no one is here to Jude you).

2. Saying explicitly what,why and how you intend to address this issues you are procrastinating about is the next step.

3. Keeping us updated with your daily counts of failure and success ( like I said earlier no one is here to judge you ). A midnight/early morning update is the best, It gives you sense of achievement or relief. Rant if you want, shame yourself if you want, boast if you want. The main thing is you update here.
You can see how it's done on masturbation tread(https://www.nairaland.com/5223408/masturbation-quitting-challenge-thread )

4. You can as well quote others and tell them what you are doing or what you have done or what they can do to help themselves. (this is not judging but putting yourself in a leader position or borrowing strength from others). This also keep the tread lively.

5. Finally, you can leave your contact if you want anyone to remind you to do a thing or to call you back incase you relapse.

We are no disadvantaged people instead we are trying to get the best out of ourselves. Lets get the best of Nairaland. A community like this can also help us reach our Our potential if we can be our brothers keeper. Like I said earlier there is a lot of witness here who are watching you make something out of your life. .

In subsequent tread I will add more on issues worth abstaining from.

1 Like

Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by anungangampu: 8:36pm On May 10, 2020
Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by anungangampu: 8:40pm On May 10, 2020
I would have posted a lengthy post here.. But for the sake of making the tread look more simple..

I would start off here because I myself is not exonerated
Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by Hollykid: 6:58am On May 11, 2020
This is an awesome thread

1 Like

Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by Hollykid: 7:00am On May 11, 2020
Have been trying to learn programming and i really want to overcome procrastination of a thing
Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by anungangampu: 5:02pm On May 11, 2020
Hollykid:
Have been trying to learn programming and i really want to overcome procrastination of a thing
yes u can .. take A step at a time
Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by anungangampu: 3:10am On May 12, 2020
DAY 1 FOR ME HERE FOLKS.

I have been procastination of opening a that would mature to normal site. Where i can write about all i know about life. My last attempt was 2013 lol, bought a website for it, i never paid the developer his balance and today the site is expired.

Secondly i paid someone to learn dropshipping and am about to abscond from continuing. My interest is weaning little by little. But eh, i believe that demon of always loosing interest will be scared of me exposing it. grin

1 Like

Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by loiusdthird(m): 2:20am On May 19, 2020
Hollykid:
bro we re in d same boat
Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by sleit: 5:15am On May 19, 2020
OK. Imma jump on this thread also cause I am a big P. I'm this kind of person that believes in acquiring skills, but funny thing is I never end up practicing or utilising them. So for now, I have 2 things I want to focus on:

1. Starting the publishing process on Amazon KDP:
My main issues here is writing the book. I have been on a book for over 3 months (Yeah, I am that big a procrastinator) but I haven't even gone past the research stage not to talk of writing, editing, formating or publishing.

2. Learning Data Analysis Skills:
So I have been following this thread on nairaland on the chronicles of a data analyst/scientist and I feel it is the type of Upskill I need. There has been tons of resources mentioned already and I have a roadmap of my learning journey. I already downloaded some tutorials on Microsoft Excel - 2 weeks ago, which is to be the first stage of the learning process. And as usual, I never even watched a second of it.

I have always had lots of excuses and workload holding me back. But I cleared them all on Sunday, and now I've got about 9 hours of free time daily. I already mapped out how to spend the 9 hours starting yesterday (Monday), but trust me to be distracted by a lot of unnecessary things.

So Today, my work begins.

The plan is to dedicate 5 hours to writing and 4 hours to learning. I'd give a daily update as from tomorrow.

Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by anungangampu: 12:15pm On May 19, 2020
sleit:
OK. Imma jump on this thread also cause I am a big P. I'm this kind of person that believes in acquiring skills, but funny thing is I never end up practicing or utilising them. So for now, I have 2 things I want to focus on:

1. Starting the publishing process on Amazon KDP:
My main issues here is writing the book. I have been on a book for over 3 months (Yeah, I am that big a procrastinator) but I haven't even gone past the research stage not to talk of writing, editing, formating or publishing.

2. Learning Data Analysis Skills:
So I have been following this thread on nairaland on the chronicles of a data analyst/scientist and I feel it is the type of Upskill I need. There has been tons of resources mentioned already and I have a roadmap of my learning journey. I already downloaded some tutorials on Microsoft Excel - 2 weeks ago, which is to be the first stage of the learning process. And as usual, I never even watched a second of it.

I have always had lots of excuses and workload holding me back. But I cleared them all on Sunday, and now I've got about 9 hours of free time daily. I already mapped out how to spend the 9 hours starting yesterday (Monday), but trust me to be distracted by a lot of unnecessary things.

So Today, my work begins.

The plan is to dedicate 5 hours to writing and 4 hours to learning. I'd give a daily update as from tomorrow.

Ciao!

will be happy to hear your update.
Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by stubbornman(m): 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
I have been procrastinating on learning HTML and CSS after which I'd learn a programming language but I keep saying "I will" everyday without doing much..... You all don't know how much I feel bad about it.... I may not have the super passion for it but I am eager to know it deeply and understand it's workings.

I hope to scale through
Re: Procrastination : What Do You Procrastinate About? by FuckHomophobes: 12:18am On Jun 03, 2020
Lemme come in too.... When you are looking for a procastinator, I've got issues no doubt.

Things always work the opposite way, when I set my mind on something, I end up not doing it and the one I never planned would now be my priority.

I planned having a website or blog before the begining of this month but see, I have deviated now. I'm now doing something else totally on the internet.

I think I have the shiny syndrome stuff where you'd go after anything shining. May the rainbow gods help me.

I hope to use this thread and work on myself more.

(1) (Reply)

$150 Google Ad Coupon Code For Sale / Real Nigerian Hustle Spirit: Modupe Shows Degrees Are Not Just Enough / Access Bank Announces N50 Billion Interest-free Loan For Small Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.