Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,271 members, 7,928,907 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:26 AM

FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday (325 Views)

Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday by cyrilamx(m): 5:39pm On May 12, 2020
The Nigeria High Commission in Canada says it is set to evacuate Nigerians stranded in that country due to coronavirus travel restrictions.

In a statement on Monday, the mission said it had received no fewer than 200 requests for evacuation.

To this end, it stated that a Boeing 777 aircraft operated by Air Peace had been specially arranged to fly the intending returnees home this Thursday.

The high commission noted that it could be the only special evacuation flight for Nigerian nationals stranded in Canada due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It said the plane would pick the prospective passengers from two locations in Canada, namely Toronto and Alberta.

According to the flight schedule, the aircraft is expected to pick the first set from the Pearson International Airport, Toronto.

From there it will fly to the Calgary International Airport, Alberta, a distance of 2,915 k.m., to load the second set of passengers.

The aircraft will depart Alberta for the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, where the evacuees would be moved into isolation for 14 days.

The one-way flight will cost each prospective evacuee between 1,130 dollars (N452,000) and 2,000 dollars (N800,000) depending on the class.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the special evacuation exercise began on Wednesday with the return of 265 Nigerians from the United Arab Emirates.

On Friday, 253 were brought back from the United Kingdom, followed by 160 from the United States on Sunday.

This brings to 678 the total number of Nigerians evacuated by the Federal Government so far.

https://punchng.com/fg-to-evacuate-200-nigerians-from-canada-thursday/

Re: FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday by kokakola: 5:39pm On May 12, 2020
They're evacuating people without proper modalities in place for those already in the country. We're the problems of ourselves.
Re: FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday by bigheart7: 5:41pm On May 12, 2020
Nice.
Hope they use Air Peace this time.
Re: FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday by Nackzy: 5:46pm On May 12, 2020
It is better to die of covid 19 in Canada than to suffer of many things in Nigeria, No light, no basic amenities, boko haram herdsmen, if you're wise you better stay back ooo
Re: FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday by JunctionBox: 5:47pm On May 12, 2020
Having reached Canada, what would I come back to Nigeria to do?
Re: FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday by AgroTrade: 6:15pm On May 12, 2020
JunctionBox:

Me sef, I dey reason their matter too.

We die there shocked
Re: FG To Evacuate 200 Nigerians From Canada Thursday by Kenn55: 8:15pm On May 12, 2020
JunctionBox:

It doesn't work that way. Majority or even all of those people are visitors and temporary residents. Some of then would have already traveled to Nigeria before now if not for the covid lockdown. Some of them have visas that are already expiring and don't have a choice than to leave else they become illegal which will affect their chances tomorrow. My mum left in January before the lockdown else she likely could have been part of this 200 people for evacuation as she is not supposed to spend more than 6 months here at a time based on her visa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: FG Lifts Ban On Airline That Flew Naira Marley To Abuja / Undoing The Unspeakable: Researching Racism In Swedish Healthcare / Obudu Ranch Resort Regaining It's Lost Glory As Guests Troop In After Covid 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.