Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,094 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:09 PM

I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help (84379 Views)

COVID-19 Has Turned Everything Upside Down In Nigeria – PTF / Corona Virus: See What Nigerians Have Turned Our Currency Into [PHOTOS] / Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Shezkid01(m): 12:48pm On May 20, 2020
Someone should come and help me
I have bumps at the back of my head
I have use a lot of creams from pharmacy
Yet no changes someone should help me
I wear caps a lot of time

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by simplepee(f): 12:49pm On May 20, 2020
richyblink1:

I had this cut on my face that got swollen and very big. My mother gave me Abuba Eke which was used in massaging it gently untill it became unnoticeable
Where did she get it?
That stuff is very hard to find. I need it
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Babawon1: 12:59pm On May 20, 2020
what of me with man boob. gnaecomastia
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Elxandre(m): 1:06pm On May 20, 2020
I expected to see a big scar on your face.
angry

Better go and live your life. Nobody cares about this small scar. undecided
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by darita: 1:16pm On May 20, 2020
On top D's scar u r requesting for help& contribution. Simple truth s DT u need money. No wahala. I still wonder y nairaland hasn't shared palliatives to her members. Lol
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Okikaneseokwu: 1:20pm On May 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I'm a Plastic Surgeon, and from the picture I've seen, this shouldn't be too much of a worry to you, considering it's small extent, height, location, and the fact you're a man, unless you now have acquired enough money to spend.

It's more of what we call Hypertrophic scar than a Keloid(keloids would never stop growing, and would have personal and family histories).

Being a Hypertrophic scar, it will slightly flatten out with time. But if you must remove it, then, a Pladtic Surgeon will know better how to go about it.

Steroid injections, creams, etc, become less effective as scars become older. The best result would have been achieved at the earlier stage they started you on that injection (probably Kenalog).

Pls sir, what cream should one use on keloid that is over 10yrs?
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by hardon1(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2020
raybestman:
Guy go buy epiderm cream. It is in a blue tube. Rub on the scar three times daily. After seven days then go buy penecillin ointment and rub morning and night until the face is completely healed and dried up. In addition buy amoxil capsule 500mg cost 200 naira only per sachet and get the white vitamin c. Take 1 capsule of amoxil and a vitamin c daily as u rob your epiderm cream alongside. Do this and thank me later.

its not all about just saying, did it work for you/
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 20, 2020
People are running for their head this OP is chasing face cap or face mask. This are not what should make one to be afraid. And from the story you gave now the scar doesn't relate to an injury that is stitched. It looks like what a hot object was place on. The scar there can not be stitch because it looks like amoeba shape. Just wear longs sleeve that is all

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by NJOBOBO: 1:59pm On May 20, 2020
Oga wetin be dat one, dat one no be scar, pls don't go making noise thinking na your own worst pass, cos your own no even reach anywhere seff, see my hand scar na, that one is since 2016 when Gass exploded in my room, it hasn't Gone, if you see my back you go shut up, but this shouldn't decided who we are or what we do, so just do your normal life stuff Ok??

4 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by FGonline: 2:02pm On May 20, 2020
dulux07:
Don't think you really understand the word "introvert" undecided
Go back to the hospital, a standard hospital should have your medical records irrespective of who treated you then.
hahaha
Nomind m

Introvert dat is sweet and uncommon

Na covid won make me consider swapin to extrovert babe

2 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by 12345baba(m): 2:03pm On May 20, 2020
Ur not a serious human being, because of scar
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by livebyday(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2020
[s]
somehelpington:
Good day all. I'll try to be brief and detailed.

I had to open a new account to stay anonymous because most of my friends come here to read news.

Pardon my english please. It all started in April of 2018. My friend told me that there was this trader nearby who needed our help to move her container shop. I think we were 6 in number or so that went to do the job. After which we were paid 400 naira each, some got 300.

While moving the container to the spot she directed us, the guy beside me left the container without informing me or should I say his hands slipped off. (Only God knows). The container gave me a deep sharp cut on my left arm.

There and then, I was rushed to a nearby chemist store to dress the wound, at the expense of the owner of the container, but I refused to take tetanus injection. For more than 6 months, the wound was taking forever to heal.

Around October 2018, My mum took me to one hospital near our house. It was when the doctor told us that the wound has already been infected, that was why it refused to heal or close up, and that the alternative was to cut off the infected surface and then stitch it up. After all and all, my mum paid 2 to 4k, (I've forgotten the exact amount). I was booked for operation on Friday morning.

I got to the hospital around 10 in the morning. The doctor gave me some injections on my left arm. She told me to lie down on the bed and close my eyes. tongue Before then, I think I saw one of the nurses giving her the surgical blade (very sharp). shocked shocked There and then, she proceeded to cut of the infected surface, which I think lasted roughly 1 hour. After that, she began to stitch it up. I could feel what was going on grin grin but I don't think it hurt me either, maybe it was because of the injection. When she was done, she used plaster to cover it up and told me to be coming for injections for one week.

After one week, I went back to the hospital, where one of the nurses had to remove the plaster and surgical thread after bombarding my buttocks with injections for 7 days. grin grin After some days, I noticed the surface began to inflate on a daily basis. We went back the hospital and the doctor told my mum to buy what the Igbos call Abuba Eke (snake skin) to rub on the surface. After using it for some days, I noticed it wasn't working, which means it was not the original Abuba Eke.

Fast forward to March of 2019, we went to another hospital, where we met one doctor like that, I can't remember what they called him but I think he's in charge of skin related issues. (That was not before paying 2k for card). Even after explaining our predecament to him, he still insisted we should get the card.

After that, he directed us to Orchard Pharmacy, to go get one injection like that. It's sold for 2k and the bottle is very small. He said it would be the best treatment, that after giving me the injection for like 2 or 3 times, it would flatten the scar, because it was a keloid scar and that if I should decide to operate on it, which he would advise us not to, that it might still come back after sometimes in a bigger form. All this made me scared. sad

Well, we came back with the bottle injection which he gave me 3 times right beside the scar, it was very painful but I am a man. grin grin After sometimes, I noticed the scar got inflated and was like about to get burst. When we got home, It was now flatter than it was. Due to money issues, we didn't go back to the hospital. (Chai, I must make am) sad

Now, I am very confused at this point. I don't know if I should go to the village to collect the Abuba Eke (snake skin) my grandma bought to be using on the scar or we should go back to the hospital (in search of the man, that's if he's still there) to collect the remaining injections.

I know my case is not the worst and I still have hope because I believe, My current situation is not my final destination.

Please I need your help and contributions.

NB: Please don't come here to tell me to go and make money first, as if money equals peace of mind. sad sad

I'd be grateful if it gets to the front page.
[/s]

You have no problems if this is your problem

I covered up my scars with tattoos

Move on ... Grow up
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Kholiwe(f): 2:19pm On May 20, 2020
cheesy You call that a scar?
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 20, 2020
freshkpomo:

Both black and white learnt a thing or two from each other due to their different cultural settings which I am not disputing, but making our stuffs sound inferior is a no no for me. Every race had one or two things they did wrongly at an earlier stage but that does not make them inferior, that's my point Sir.

God bless Nigeria.
Oh okay. You sounded radical sorry.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by AlexyA(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3lulxEZd_k
a throwback to Nollywood movie Egg of life cast THEN and NOW. Please like and subscribe
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Amtrak: 2:33pm On May 20, 2020
The swelling will reduce, but it may take several months or even years.

This occurs with deep injuries sometimes, especially if the outer part begins to heal a lot faster than the inside. I've had two of such injuries that took several years to flatten down.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Dyoungstar: 2:35pm On May 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Send a mail, please

Give me your email
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by bizzibodi(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2020
Keloids is a badass,when I saw what keloids did to someone cockhead after circumcision..I pity his pfuck life cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by seyenko(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2020
Just wear long sleeve shirts if you feel uneasy about it
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Johnchyz(m): 3:02pm On May 20, 2020
GOD SAYS MY PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by aamarafa: 3:20pm On May 20, 2020
hi! guys pls is access bank USSD code still working cuz I just dial it now but a message was displayed to me as "internal error[8546ef] was that message from my branch only or is a nation wide problem?
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by frozen70(f): 3:24pm On May 20, 2020
somehelpington:
Good day all. I'll try to be brief and detailed.

I had to open a new account to stay anonymous because most of my friends come here to read news.

Pardon my english please. It all started in April of 2018. My friend told me that there was this trader nearby who needed our help to move her container shop. I think we were 6 in number or so that went to do the job. After which we were paid 400 naira each, some got 300.

While moving the container to the spot she directed us, the guy beside me left the container without informing me or should I say his hands slipped off. (Only God knows). The container gave me a deep sharp cut on my left arm.

There and then, I was rushed to a nearby chemist store to dress the wound, at the expense of the owner of the container, but I refused to take tetanus injection. For more than 6 months, the wound was taking forever to heal.

Around October 2018, My mum took me to one hospital near our house. It was when the doctor told us that the wound has already been infected, that was why it refused to heal or close up, and that the alternative was to cut off the infected surface and then stitch it up. After all and all, my mum paid 2 to 4k, (I've forgotten the exact amount). I was booked for operation on Friday morning.

I got to the hospital around 10 in the morning. The doctor gave me some injections on my left arm. She told me to lie down on the bed and close my eyes. tongue Before then, I think I saw one of the nurses giving her the surgical blade (very sharp). shocked shocked There and then, she proceeded to cut of the infected surface, which I think lasted roughly 1 hour. After that, she began to stitch it up. I could feel what was going on grin grin but I don't think it hurt me either, maybe it was because of the injection. When she was done, she used plaster to cover it up and told me to be coming for injections for one week.

After one week, I went back to the hospital, where one of the nurses had to remove the plaster and surgical thread after bombarding my buttocks with injections for 7 days. grin grin After some days, I noticed the surface began to inflate on a daily basis. We went back the hospital and the doctor told my mum to buy what the Igbos call Abuba Eke (snake skin) to rub on the surface. After using it for some days, I noticed it wasn't working, which means it was not the original Abuba Eke.

Fast forward to March of 2019, we went to another hospital, where we met one doctor like that, I can't remember what they called him but I think he's in charge of skin related issues. (That was not before paying 2k for card). Even after explaining our predecament to him, he still insisted we should get the card.

After that, he directed us to Orchard Pharmacy, to go get one injection like that. It's sold for 2k and the bottle is very small. He said it would be the best treatment, that after giving me the injection for like 2 or 3 times, it would flatten the scar, because it was a keloid scar and that if I should decide to operate on it, which he would advise us not to, that it might still come back after sometimes in a bigger form. All this made me scared. sad

Well, we came back with the bottle injection which he gave me 3 times right beside the scar, it was very painful but I am a man. grin grin After sometimes, I noticed the scar got inflated and was like about to get burst. When we got home, It was now flatter than it was. Due to money issues, we didn't go back to the hospital. (Chai, I must make am) sad

Now, I am very confused at this point. I don't know if I should go to the village to collect the Abuba Eke (snake skin) my grandma bought to be using on the scar or we should go back to the hospital (in search of the man, that's if he's still there) to collect the remaining injections.

I know my case is not the worst and I still have hope because I believe, My current situation is not my final destination.

Please I need your help and contributions.

NB: Please don't come here to tell me to go and make money first, as if money equals peace of mind. sad sad

I'd be grateful if it gets to the front page.

First of all, sorry for the injury

But let me be Frank with you

You are nonchalant and that is why you refuse to take tetanus injection for six months and you are supposed to take three injections, you didn't complete it

Pls be more serious in life
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Olarewajub: 3:29pm On May 20, 2020
It's alarming that low self esteem is now synonymous to introversion. What an abnormaly.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by jokolo282(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=ChybuzzDD post=89603222]

Pls sir I just sent an email. I need your help to tell me about the bump beneath my both knees that I have been facing for several years in pain and agony. Thanks
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by jokolo282(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2020
Pls sir I just sent an email. I need your help to tell me about the bump beneath my both knees that I have been facing for several years in pain and agony. Thanks
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by YaxxVille(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2020
You've forgotten about the famous Tony Montana aka scarface, the scar made the name popular...
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by byinks(f): 4:28pm On May 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I'm a Plastic Surgeon, and from the picture I've seen, this shouldn't be too much of a worry to you, considering it's small extent, height, location, and the fact you're a man, unless you now have acquired enough money to spend.

It's more of what we call Hypertrophic scar than a Keloid(keloids would never stop growing, and would have personal and family histories).

Being a Hypertrophic scar, it will slightly flatten out with time. But if you must remove it, then, a Pladtic Surgeon will know better how to go about it.

Steroid injections, creams, etc, become less effective as scars become older. The best result would have been achieved at the earlier stage they started you on that injection (probably Kenalog).

Yeah, triamcinolone injection can work
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Psoul(m): 4:53pm On May 20, 2020
Guy, you're not serious at all. I was expecting to see a bloated scare as mount Everest.

What about those that had serious fire burn that got their faces and other parts of their bodies disfigured? So they should go and kill themselves.

If you like keep hiding yourself in ur room cos u don't want babe to see that little scar that babes enjoy romancing when someone that has it is with them in the room. They will tell u they like touching that scar.

Keep hiding until poverty chase u out of the house.

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by SunriseW(f): 5:05pm On May 20, 2020
Abuba eke works fine, but you have to be patient and consistent. It takes time a month or 2 depending on ur body type.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Henri8: 5:34pm On May 20, 2020
@poster, you're not serious.
So because of this small scar, you introvert yourself?
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Yodexy: 5:50pm On May 20, 2020
So na business of 400 naira start your life problems. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery / Nasarawa Native Doctor Walks Out Of Casket At His Burial (Photo) / Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.