Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,787 members, 7,952,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (76220 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Moneyboyz: 9:30am On May 17, 2020
Nigga you can't survive on your own with that stipend you earn. Better you resolve things with her, infact give her money from time to time, when you know she's kinda broke, go out and buy foodstuffs and bring them HOME, she will love you again as her child and won't ever accuse you of such again.

I think the reason she accuses you is because you are stingy and haven't been there for the family when times are hard.
Also I would advise you to stop eating at home, fend for yourself.
I stopped taking things from my parents when I was around your age, that doesn't mean they won't pay my school fees, it just shows them I'm hard working and my future is bright.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by dboY1123(m): 9:31am On May 17, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

Can we be friends? I'm a guy o lol
How do you come about writing for Opera, I wanna learn
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cenmysterio: 9:35am On May 17, 2020
You know that we have a lot of hypocrites in this forum, most of the people complaining that why is a 20 year old still in his parents are mostly the ones not even ready to move out of their parents home and probably above 28 years of age. This people seem to have forgotten that this is Nigeria and things are not easy at all.

I see no reason why people should complain about those still staying in their parents house, do you know the reason if i may ask? People have different paths in life and what works for A will not work for B. Just focus on your on path and stop ranting and forming Mr/Mrs perfect in everything people discuss in this forum. If you don't have any legible advice then just shut your mouth and stop making people feel worthless with your illogical and stupid comments.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by exco90(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2020
richAgnostic:
tell him why u are asking for his number na.

would like him to write for me.. it could be an article, letter (formal or informal )
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by YungLasaint(m): 9:45am On May 17, 2020
Learn to develop a thick skin man... Just humble yourself and save up then you can plan on going to live alone...
It not every body that stay on their own at age 19 up are into yahoo... The guy has a nice skill to excell.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Decsix(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2020
REJOINDER
I wish to make clear of issue concerning a previous Scam Alert from fake Access Bank Customer Care.
I wish to apologise to the username PATEFFY'S. That she is free of the Scam action that was carried out Yeaterday.It is important to let nairalanders and the public know that PATEFFY'S is a Good Hearted person and Nairalander who wish me well.
It is important to note that someone try the sinister act under false name trying to implicate her and her person.
This doesnt take away the FACT that someone is Lurking in the dark try to prey Nairalander and the Public
Once again PATEFFY'S is free of Scam Indication
Thanks for your understanding
SuperMod please i tender unreserved Apology to PATEFFY'S and Other Good Hearted Nairalanders
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by orumba(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2020
Ningen:
Harsher reality awaits out there.
If you want to fly, grow wings first.

You've 2 or 3 years to graduation.
Stay put, cope and get your degree.

Spread your wings & fly out during your NYSC.
you said it all
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Born2Breed(f): 9:51am On May 17, 2020
Moralgladiator:
Nonesense!! Why must he do that? He says he didn't take it and I believe him cause I know Nigerian women far too well to be illogical and petty.

Ofcourse he didn't take it. We are talking about his mother not just a woman.

If my child comes to me like that, I will feel loved n also guilty for wrong accusation.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cheucheu: 9:54am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

Women and their selfish advice. Pls dont listen to this one ooo..shes confused with her advice

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by alexsoftwork(m): 9:58am On May 17, 2020
BigJoe19:
You think it's easy for a 20year-old to live on his own in this country, it's like you are not from Nigeria. Most under 22years old that do not stay with their parents are mostly yahoo boys and drug addicts.

She fit dey date yahoo boys and drug addicts
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by alphaRego01(m): 10:06am On May 17, 2020
KenBen217:

bros I don't know you but I must say this you must be a really wicked person...to think this happens so because it happens everywhere it's not sad...do you even know if this guy might start suffering emotional distress,low self esteem etc because of this issue...??

He has already been suffering from emotional distress fews years after his birth.typical low-level african family
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:20am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
Are trolling or are you for real?

This must be the dumbest bunch of tittle tattle I've ever read.. angry
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by scoundrel(f): 10:23am On May 17, 2020
I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere
She’s not the one chasing you out, you are the one planning to leave. Stay under her roof if you’re not confident on staying alone.

Your mother is frustrated and it stems from her separation with your father. I’m sure every time she looks at you and your siblings she sees your dad and recognizes his mannerisms. I can go deeper into giving advice, but I will stop here. I don’t want to think too hard today.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by smartest2020(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2020
Parents are valuable, they deserve respect and obedience despite they hurt us we have other than them! Stay with her and bear the pain! And obey her! She wouldn't feel good if you leave her! She is just angry! And you know poverty respect no one
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by queenitee(f): 10:32am On May 17, 2020
Creeza:
Hmmmm. Wisdom in everyword. People have asking after you my dear. Hope you checked your mentions.

Glad to see your moniker here again. How are you?
Good morning, I've been fine and you?

I'll get back to literature section very soon, I've just been busy. Thank you.

My regards to everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by DarlingEmojist(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2020
You just wanna show that you are a tree having two boils at it front and two other big boils at it back
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by queenitee(f): 10:38am On May 17, 2020
budaatum:

Good morning queen. His mother said get out so I doubt she pays his bills, but even if she does, he'd leave if he's got balls between his legs, maybe not immediately, Covid and all as you say, but soon as.

I guess I am thinking, frustrated mother. She tells him to get out but he stays after negotiating to leave after lockdown. I expect she might nicely remind him once lockdown is lifted so he still has to leave, but imagine he stays. Won't he be tiptoeing around frustrated mother who would make his life hell whenever she sees him?

I'm sorry, but she is mother, and I had one. Ma once gave me ten naira and said leave because I was disobedient. I was 15, so it wasn't balls on my part, just the look in her eye said "buda! Go and be disobedient someplace else or I'll kill you myself", so I packed my stuff and went to her brother and cleared sawdust at his sawmill to finish school and pay for my first degree. Soon as lockdown is up I'm baking ma bread because my bread defrustrates her.
Well, you are right. Leaving might be give the peace everyone needs, I guess I was just worried about his survival.

It's left to him to weigh the pros and cons of each decisions. If leaving will be of the greatest benefit, so be it. He shouldn't stay at the expense of his peace. But again, we can only advise, the decision is his to make.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Zindalati: 10:40am On May 17, 2020
HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT SHE IS YOUR BIOLOGICAL MOTHER? IT IS STRANGE FOR A WOMAN TO TREAT HER SON WITH EVICTION FUTHERMORE, GUY CHECK YOURSELF ARE YOU SURE THAT YOUR ATTITUDE DO NOT OFTEN ATTRACT HER ACCUSATION AND SUSPETION? IF GUILTY CHANGE, IF NOT WORK ON FINDING REVENUE TO IMPROVE AND ENRICH YOURSELF IN OTHER TO VACATE FROM THAT DISCOMFORT ZONE AFTERALL HOME IS ANYWHERE WE ARE AT PEACE WITH. GOD STRENGTHN YOU.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2020
chioma2020:

Everyone has the right to his own opinion.
You call that an opinion? shocked

Even a madman thinks he has an opinion..undecided
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by esti98: 10:44am On May 17, 2020
[quote author=samicine post=89609006]Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November. [/quotes

What is the world turning into. First of all, you did not even appreciate all your mother went through to bring you up to this age. Your father left her alone to be taken care of you, probably without any support both financial and moral from him.
Instead of you to think of how to face your study, graduate and improve on the skill that you got to be able to take good care of that woman and stand up on your feet to be somebody in life, you are here writing nonsense about your mother that nurture you to this stage.

What an ingrate, may be you will also leave your wife at any slight argument like your father did to your mother.

You better pray so that history will not repeat itself.

You think it is easy out there.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ybaby: 10:51am On May 17, 2020
GreenDestiny2:

When they say nairaland is full of hungry and angry people, this is one of them. Instead of hitting electric poles in their streets with their bare fists, they would come to nairaland with MTN free 10mb to unleash their frustrations on innocent users.

The worst part is the frustrations doesnot leave them. grin grin grin
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by esti98: 10:56am On May 17, 2020
[quote author=samicine post=89609006]Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November. [/quotes

What is the world turning into. First of all, you did not even appreciate all your mother went through to bring you up to this age. Your father left her alone to be taken care of you, probably without any support both financial and moral from him.
Instead of you to think of how to face your study, graduate and improve on the skill that you got to be able to take good care of that woman and stand up on your feet to be somebody in life, you are here writing nonsense about your mother that nurture you to this stage.

What an ingrate, may be you will also leave your wife at any slight argument like your father did to your mother.

You better pray so that history will not repeat itself.

You think it is easy out there.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by shedrackamarachi: 10:57am On May 17, 2020
Its sad bro, u just have to stick around for awhile then u find ur way out
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by jidxin(m): 10:58am On May 17, 2020
Aboks:

If he still eats his mother's food at age 20 may be that's why she is complaining, I she doesn't even trust him
whats this one saying.... No sense here oga

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by tonididdy(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.
let me start by saying I don't expect your mother to kill you.
now if you move out, do you think your education sponsorship will continue?
if yes then do so, do move out.
parents have more respect for children who grab the bull by the horn and are successfull at it.
obviously your mom is feeling pressure of being a single mother and she sees you as a big baby in her house.

second option is you could own up to a few responsibilities in the house like maybe footing the bills or stocking the refrigerator occasionally.

DON'T JUST SIT HOME AND EAT YOUR MOTHER'S FOOD. SUPPORT HER SOMEHOW and she will respect you.

if in a scenario like this and you say to her "mom take this 3k instead".... and yes you do have the money. that breeds respect.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by jidxin(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
bad advice.... Very bad advice..... Sign of waywardness.... If u did the same especially as a lady.... Hmmmn

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by kunyeo(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2020
KenBen217:

but how many people are independent at age 20

That is the problem of humans! Man is the only animal that depends on his parents imagine till age 20!Go and ask every animal.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by kurlz(f): 11:16am On May 17, 2020
KenBen217:

bros I don't know you but I must say this you must be a really wicked person...to think this happens so because it happens everywhere it's not sad...do you even know if this guy might start suffering emotional distress,low self esteem etc because of this issue...??

Not might, he definitely will. Or even is.
That's why he's talking to us I tell you. Lying on someone is not easy especially when done by a loved one.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by OK3: 11:16am On May 17, 2020
My dear, I'll advice you stay put and finish your studies, no matter what. its actually even harsher out there.
Get your degree first, and with your skills you can fly. But right now just stay put
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Geesaintagape: 11:24am On May 17, 2020
Ur dad probably left ur mom worse that she was b4 they met.
Life is not moving fine with her likely.
Ur presence is causing her more pain n deprivation.
Don't hate her my dear she just wants u to leave the house n move on
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by josh1998(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2020
I surgest you stay with her untill you finish your school because moving out by this age would cause more hardship

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Chrisland School: My Daughter Fooled Me Too / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / Ghanaian Father Collapses As His Son Introduces His 'Ugly' Girlfriend To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.