Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map (306 Views)

Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. / African Kingdoms: How Many Names Have Not Faded Away? / Missing Indonesian Woman Found In Belly Of 27ft Python That Swallowed Her Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by panafrican(m): 3:58am On May 18, 2020
Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by Daverytimes(m): 5:16am On May 18, 2020
I don't see Kingdom of Bornu nor Kongo. However I am not exactly an expert on the issue and I don't know exactly what time frame the map is set in.

Edit: am blind, Kongo is there.
Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by joshjc(m): 7:38am On May 18, 2020
Zulu and borno
Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by TMKsouth: 1:18am On May 19, 2020
Kingdom of Lesotho
Kingdom of Eswatini (Swaziland)

They are actual independent countries.
Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by Nobody: 7:38am On May 19, 2020
Who the hell made this map

It's a bloody mess!

For instance, we all know that the Empire of Ghana did not exist alongside the Songhay Empire.

The Ghana Empire had long disappeared by then. We're looking at the 15th/16th century here, remember?
Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by letu(m): 8:33am On May 19, 2020
Daverytimes:
I don't see Kingdom of Bornu nor Kongo. However I am not exactly an expert on the issue and I don't know exactly what time frame the map is set in.

Edit: am blind, Kongo is there.
kingdom of Bornu is there in the map as the Empire of Kanem which is also know in history as Kanem Bornu Empire while Kongo is also there in the map somehow close to Lunda State in the map .
Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by letu(m): 8:37am On May 19, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Who the hell made this map

It's a bloody mess!

For instance, we all know that the Empire of Ghana did not exist alongside the Songhay Empire.

The Ghana Empire had long disappeared by then. We're looking at the 15th/16th century here, remember?
The map I think, is just for geographical area to where/the area where those historical Empire was located.

1 Like

Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by Nobody: 8:53am On May 19, 2020
letu:
The map I think, is just for geographical area to where/the area where those historical Empire was located.

Can I tell you why I have a problem with it?

It doesn't quite do justice to the territorial changes which occurred over the years as empires, States and kingdoms rose and fell.

I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say here?
Re: Name At Least Two African Kingdoms That Are Missing On This Map by dnawah(m): 8:59am On May 19, 2020
panafrican:
please add Dahome

(1) (Reply)

History Made As Ella Jones, 65, Becomes 1st Black Mayor Of US City / Zimbabwe’s Evicted White Farmers Offered $3.5 Billion Payout / Why Do Black Americans Think Africans Hate Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.