Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,291 members, 7,923,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:14 AM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60974 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lavisha(f): 8:08am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

U av sense.. I tot as much.

Only igbo behaves dt way
Thanks sweet. Those peeps quoting me wrong are too arrogant to face reality. most of em will get a ban for sure.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by delpee(f): 8:09am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?

Sorry, this guy is not your friend. It was a one sided relationship but you didn't know. Forgiveness is required for your own peace of mind and you've done that. Please leave him the past and move on with your life.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by derolemode(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35
That guy is coming to finish up what he started, to kill you in sleep or worse still poison you.

How many times have you read about stories of friends killing friends!!

Use your head my guy and wise up before them go use am for you and na for grave you go regret am. Na person wey dey close to you na him fit harm you pass.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Banter1(m): 8:19am On May 19, 2020
Yesterday I realize my best friend which happens to be a female blocked me on Facebook for just no reason. this is the girl I used to suck her nips LMAO......I chatted her up on WhatsApp, she responded, "Please may I know you"? I told her my name she said Okay, good morning. I'm still in pain.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Bashoruntolu(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2020
Guy, I sympathize and at the same time, felicitate with yhu. Here is my take having been in such situation before, please oga dont allow that man into your life again please. Yhu can forgive him so to make heaven but dont give him another chance to do something far worse as human never change

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Darnnel(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2020
Allow him one night and kick him out the following morning.

Once bitten twice shy.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by StevieAbraks111(m): 8:24am On May 19, 2020
I always tell people around me, for every single problem we encounter, there is always a sign that we on our own accord decide to ignore. Allowing this guy into your home will give him the door to do things you'd never fathom, good you have forgiven him, but that distance should be kept. Love him, but that distance should also be kept.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by KingBaba1(m): 8:26am On May 19, 2020
He taught me everything he knows.I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira.
[/quote] pls can u teach me all what he taught u?? ... I know it will be useful to me because I work from home too... Thanks
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by alexsoftwork(m): 8:28am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

....u have forgiven him, which is good, pls and pls don't let him stay in your house, u don't know what he will do next. Thank God things turn out better when u move out of his house,imagine if it was otherwise.

That guy has something that he is not telling u,maybe something u have done in the past.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by PrinceNino07(m): 8:35am On May 19, 2020
My advice is to forgive him for God's sake, everyone deserves forgiveness no matter what the offense might be,
Now as letting him in, dats ur decision to make, because he might plot evil to bring u down, so be careful and also prayerful.

If it were to be me, I don't think he can spend the night in my house, that doesn't mean I not forgiven him, it doesn't mean am holding grudges against him, No.
What it means is that am trying to avoid troubles and being a victim or even a prey, because evil thoughts will be eluding his mind even to eliminate the person, because he never wanted you to be better than him. And u can't change that mindset.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by BananaPeel(m): 8:39am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
No need to remind him. Tell him he can't sleep at your place and if you have some money, give him to check in a hotel. You can assist him from a distance if you have the resources but no do pass yourself.
Be wise. A companion of the wise shall be wise but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. #WisdomDoesn'tKill

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Pasiuba: 8:40am On May 19, 2020
Don't dare to let him into your house if you love your life.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Sophiecharis(f): 8:48am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Don't remind him of what he did, obviously his coming to see how far you have gone, just tell him u can't accommodate him in your house, that he should get an hotel to stay. U can't continue pretending as if u were alright with his treatment towards you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by massalati(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2020
guy u get mind oo..
if i was the one that guy will never come any where close to me because what he did to me will be re-echoed in my head. the guy is not even remorseful over what he did to u and u want take am back for which house.? guy u get mind
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by maak400: 9:04am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Why did you even allow him to chat with you after all the bad things he did to you? If you love yourself block him on every social media platforms, cut all communications with him. If you allow that evil guy you call a friend to stay with you, you will see the bad outcome.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by 1daboi: 9:24am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

yes boss, remind him of every damn thing he did and tell him to f..k.n. back off if he likes himsself,
being too nice to friends has burnt me a great deal. be wise bro
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by MikkySexy23(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2020
Humanoid01:
Please don't let that guy into your home. If you want to help him, do that from afar, don't let him get close to you. The fact that someone seeks forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean that they have changed. It's clear from the way he made that request that he's only putting up a façade.

He will destroy your home at any given opportunity. In case you don't know yet, the reason you had to go through those rough times in his home was for you to know who he truly is, you should have learnt your lesson by now. I'm not saying you shouldn't help him, my point is don't get close to him anymore to the point of cohabiting with him.

Listen to this advice and never, ever trust no-one. You should have learnt enough that 'God for all, every man for himself'
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by TinaG(f): 9:31am On May 19, 2020
Don't let him come an inch closer please. Some friends are fond of this. Thank God for saving grace
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by kophy(m): 9:35am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Man, yes you have forgiven him, but beware leopard can not change his skin! If you give him any chance he will hit you so hard and it could be disastrous.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Tee1246: 10:01am On May 19, 2020
Kill him with kindness,that's just the secret of prosperity.God stepped in for you and you met your helper now the so called friend wants your help,just do it,it shows you are still bigger and always will be. Meanwhile don't get all relaxed be smart about it,friends like that would wanna take food out of your mouth.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nitah1: 10:09am On May 19, 2020
Humanoid01:
Please don't let that guy into your home. If you want to help him, do that from afar, don't let him get close to you. The fact that someone seeks forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean that they have changed. It's clear from the way he made that request that he's only putting up a façade.

He will destroy your home at any given opportunity. In case you don't know yet, the reason you had to go through those rough times in his home was for you to know who he truly is, you should have learnt your lesson by now. I'm not saying you shouldn't help him, my point is don't get close to him anymore to the point of cohabiting with him.
Yea,seek forgiveness when he saw that the nigga made it already,why didn't he seek forgiveness before now?

There is a saying that" when your enemy become too friendly suddenly,he's about to strike"be wise!
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nitah1: 10:11am On May 19, 2020
Tee1246:
Kill him with kindness,that's just the secret of prosperity.God stepped in for you and you met your helper now the so called friend wants your help,just do it,it shows you are still bigger and always will be. Meanwhile don't get all relaxed be smart about it,friends like that would wanna take food out of your mouth.
Yes,but he shd do that from afar.

Don't even allow him know his address.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ladymorgana13(f): 10:13am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

My brother I don't see how hard it is to tell someone NO. Why are you worried about it? He knows what he did to you, you yourself know fully well what he did to you,whether you've forgiven him or not ,as soon as he said "my guy na your side I go come chill first" you should've told him straight "over my dead body" or NO if you cant be that hard. When he was evil to you did he come to ask nairaland for advice? Please be guided.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Fortune118005(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Oga, use your sense ooo
He treated you bad when you went to meet h over there
Now, he sees you as a succeeding person and he wants to come close to you...
Why can't he help you when you wenr there?
Your friend is parasitic and pessimistic
Be careful with him, don't trust him. If I were you, I won't allow him Into my apartment because I don't know his intentions and plans.
To me, I see that he wants to chop your money that's why I call him a parasitic person.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by chypotenti(m): 10:23am On May 19, 2020
Bia Op shey u nor dey read news of how friends dey kill friends Be careful man!
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nitah1: 10:24am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

To be able to project ur friend mission and reason to seek apologies....pls what did you said in that Facebook post?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Rapfrick(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2020
Brother sufferings are lessons,no grudges fine but if u still allow that homie close to believe me you will die young,dat nigga fit poison u out of envy.also note dat he has never when I mean never I mean NEVER has he seen u as his friend he stocked to coz of the gains, inviting over there too was for the gains (the cash wey him collect from u) now him don see say u Dey live well him come remember to link up with u.believeit or not that guy Dey come back solely to link up with u,if him arrive him go apologize to u again den him go beg u to teach am work(Another gain) if u make mistake teach am,him don get waiten him want den him go dump u move ahead. I don meet people like dis well well.brother I have given a lot and given up a lot for Niggas that I called my own but none of my niggas has ever given me a hand the only hand that has offered to lift me is from a total stranger too
slyfox35:

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Larcardii(f): 10:36am On May 19, 2020
Don't allow him come oo...na Ogun go kill am
slyfox35:

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by kid7soccer(m): 11:01am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

if you let him a stay in your house you are the "biggest fool that ever lived". People don't change that guy is not a friend he will bring you down at any point. By the way how did he get to see your pics on fbk. I for don block am tete. Bobo if losing both your parents haven't thought you how to have sense then am sorry for you
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Oracle69: 11:02am On May 19, 2020
The Bible warns, " be wise as serpent". Forgive him but do not get close to him. Friendship demands both trust and love. Can you trust your friend? Is he trustworthy? Please, pay a hotel room for him to stay in. He can visit you from time to time in your house but do not build a relationship that has red flags.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by SFATIMA(f): 11:12am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Brother please and please never never allowed him to house I beg u in name of God almighty we are serving this guy will come and destroy your life I don't know u but I have to tell you the truth if follow this advice I'm offering you your life will be great thank you and may God continue blessed.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lucky4west: 11:24am On May 19, 2020
better keep ur distance if u luv urself....that guy can kill u...i don exprience that kind case b4...watch ur back

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

My Daughter Celebrates Her Birthday Today / Woman Celebrates Her Marriage Breakup With Cake / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.