Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,241 members, 7,923,198 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:16 PM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60968 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?

This is touching but I had similar experience . Forget about your experience with him, God used him a different way to help you. If you had not gone to meet him, you wouldn't have met that stranger that helped you. You would have stil be struggling in Nigeria. Unknowingly, God has used him to play a role of linking you to your destiny helper. If he had given you the comfort you expected, you would have remain poor. Remember the necessary connection Joseph needed came in a hard way. He was sold by his brothers ...that was a connection to meet Pharaoh. Lastly, People play different role in your life for a reason , some won't stay forever no matter how close. There must be an end to their page. My advice is this, forgive him but don't allow him stay in your house. Give him the help he's looking for, but not everything. Anyway, I am interested in learning this same thing. Could you please help

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2020
OgeFather:
Be nice and let him in and then after 5days send his black @ss away (1-1, correct score )

Ps if he came home with some cash, collect and flex him with it just to make sure he's broke when you're sending his @ss away

Thank me later cool
Lol,you funny gan,that na savage revenge o

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Chibuchris: 8:30pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

My dear use wisdom.like you said you can forgive but don't forget.

My own opinion don't let him stay at your place, don't displease your self to please someone, Never let that guy into your life again.
It's Never a crime or sin not to be friends with someone, render any help you can but never I repeat never draw that guy close or make him know how you run your hustle.

Not that you should hate him but guy continue your hustle make you know use your own hand bring problem for yourself,
If na me that time he asked if that your apartment na hotel, I go tell am say yes na the hotel way I dey work as cleaner

Some people are better off staying far from you,

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Uckroot: 8:30pm On May 18, 2020
What the fxxckk is you don’t know how to tell him to back off Someone didn’t mind if you ended up alive or dead on the streets... a total stranger helped you and you are feeling indebted to this he goat of a friend for what exactly

Bros no let ogun lick you o. Block his ass or put his calls on always busy.
Don’t divulge any info about your life to him or anybody that he might be in contact with.

Anything he has to say should be from afar

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lighthammer(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2020
Op you are playing with fire and u will get burnt...
once bitten twice shy...
do u know maybe he has any sinister plans?
had it been maybe u are wallowing in poverty,will he still want to come over to ur house?
now that Doing well,he suddenly remembered u were friends before and he wanted to come over
oga be firm...tell him no.......or u want to experience what i experienced in the hands of friend like him?be guided

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Kenneth10110(m): 8:31pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo

Yeye tribal bigot
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by dingbang(m): 8:31pm On May 18, 2020
Taaa...forgive wetin..make he dey him lane.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by elisho: 8:31pm On May 18, 2020
look for a good girl and marry and for get about him his not a good friend for me i all ways tell God to show me my enemy so i can no how to live with them
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Karlifate: 8:31pm On May 18, 2020
Slyfox35, some people are only loyal to you because of what they benefit from you, once the benefit stops, their loyalty stops too.
*Use your brain*

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by hardcore007: 8:31pm On May 18, 2020
Bro no try am. It's good to forgive but try something else.

I rather find a cheap hotel and pay for 2 days for him.

Tell him your wife or fiancee stays with you.

Besides tell him you're traveling with your wife or fiancee so you won't be around.

Bro, plenty scope dey na.

He will know what's up but that's generous enough from you to a mean mug.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by placeofallure(f): 8:32pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
j

My gut feeling is saying, don't allow him stay. He couldn't see the entire house from the video and he wants to see the rest. Tell him you are off on business. And please, desist from posting stuff on fb and the likes. Can't people be private a bit? Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Dewisedick: 8:32pm On May 18, 2020
Don't for any reason let that guy into your house. If your do you will regret it hot in a shot time.
Those are the kind of people that will still your important documents just because they don't want you to be successful than them.

Don't please him to hurt yourself and feeling later. I beg you!

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
With this your story, I can tell you more about yourself and your friend. I've traveled to African countries before and I can relate to many things that go on there. Although I traveled for a professional program, I rolled a lot with normal Nigerian street guys.

Your friend invited you over to become his boy. To make money off you. He collecting your money is the normal thing and if he's to be your boss, he wouldn't want to rub shoulder with you because you'll not respect him as your boss. At least, people shouldn't be brutal to their childhood friends because of money and respect. I know the street is not friendly, but what I saw in the street of some African countries I've been to is disheartening. I became father Christmas and was giving out money and feeding lots of street guys that their boss either want to punish or is broke. This almost got me broke in a foreign country

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ovi2020: 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
I hope you see this. Dont allow him stay in your house. Dont even give him your address in the first place. You can lodge him in a hotel 8f you wish but I would prefer you even travel whenever he comes around.
His type is jealous and wicked. He is just coming to spy on you. He may have evil intention coming
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lighthammer(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
Infact i would have loved to advise you more but local man is tired,just cming bk frm bricklaying work since morning..
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Youngsage: 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Tell him you are not at home whenever he wants to come. At least he doesn't have your address yet so he can't come unawares
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by rs172(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Bro... i beg in the name of JESUS Christ, please don't let this your friend know your house, it will end in tears, the next betrayal from him, you won't see it coming.

It better to let him say you're a bad person and live long on earth, than being a good friend and die young..
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Mdmelijah: 8:35pm On May 18, 2020
There are relationships we have because we don't know how to handle them we don't see the benefit of having them.

If we did we would be grateful for who we met and rejoice about those who leave.

Check out my signature
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by 1EmmyKay: 8:35pm On May 18, 2020
Op better use your head.. People like that are toxic and can harm you even when u least expect. I've had a friend whom I allowed into my abode everywhere set.. Told him am lefting for school. So he could stay but just pay the rent and use my properties for free.. When he came in sef na only clothe he bring com d houx.. Bed chairs all furnished.. After a year baba show me way out oo.. Since then I believe people are just good or laugh with you cause they see somtin to tap.. Remove that thing from ur life they act like they never knew you.. So pls just don't have him in mind just free am.. E go better for everybody. Just dey ur dey.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2020
Origin:
There is something in all human beings jare.

We can take care of the wealthy even when they don't need it, than we can take care of the poor even when they need it more.

It is the same reason an orphan will be misused as a maid. But come and see people begging a rich man's pikin to manage their best meal.

I'm also sure that friend has done some good things too. The mind is just myopic and forgetful.
You have friends I guess,no matter the good any of them has done for you,will you forgive the one that threw you out in the street of nowhere,take a minute and put yourself in my shoes,there is no amount of Good he ever did that justifies this act against humanity

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by idonhammer: 8:35pm On May 18, 2020
2milion naira in two months is even small...it is called soft work. Can u do it?

Octopusssy:

You must specify. Which one is 'African country'? Which kain business you do wey fetch you 2m? Where did this good samaritan see you to house? Did you approach him or he approached you?

Guy your story is vague and unbelievable abeg.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Kenneth10110(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2020
Forgive him if he didn't throw you out you probably won't be able to make such money and establish yourself but my own personal opinion i don't think you let him up come to your house he might want to permanently stay and you don't know his real mind.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by OscarJaden(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2020
as for me...an eye for an eye always
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2020
No qualms. Just let it go man but trust nobody
Let him stay but keep your eyes always wide open show him your bigger than him Shyt happens say fuxk it and move on
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by rs172(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Tou don't need to remind him of what he did, all you have to do is that,cut off every form he can use to contact you, don't let him have tour contact again, that the best way to go by it, it brutal oo but it will save you
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 18, 2020
I wouldn't let him stay if I were you. I avoid problems as much as I can. Better you help him rent a hotel room than housing him. That's me tho.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by nkwuocha1: 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35,

That guy is planning to destroy you.Trust me.Give him money,tell him you're not in the state of your residence.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

guy wetin dey do u,till he dial u again abi?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by West2019(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

dnt let him to come to ur house or to know where you are living him may send assasin to him family not ur ,is a evil friend ,since u have forgive him good give the idiot a long distance bro
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sylve11: 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:

I was talking to the OP, plss

Una wahala too much nairalanders grin grin cool
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Afoobawss: 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
which country did you go and which work did you learn ? let's tell the truth most people asking you to come over many are suffering more then you here in 9ja ,survival in African countries is hard 70% survive by fraud ....... don't judge the book by the cover the story is not complete ... I school in African country and I know how Nigerian survive

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander And His Pregnant Fiancée / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House / My Daughter Celebrates Her Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.