Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,457 members, 7,978,477 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:05 AM

Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria (658 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? / Raymond Dokpesi Snr And 7 Family Members Test Positive For Coronavirus / Raymond Dokpesi Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Olarewaju89: 4:48pm On May 18, 2020
The Director-General of the NCDC, Chikwe Iheakweazu, has spoken up about the difference between coronavirus disease and malaria.

This is coming after some coronavirus patients including DAAR communications founder, Raymond Dokpesi and the Bauchi state governor had announced that they were treated with antimalaria medications when they were tested positive for coronavirus.
Dokpesi who was discharged from an Isolation center in Abuja on Thursday asked what the differences were because according to him, all the drugs given to him at the Isolation center were anti-malaria drugs.

Dokpesi had said: “I still have doubts in my mind. I still want to be properly educated. What is the difference between COVID-19 which is a virus and Malaria which is caused by mosquitos because every medication we were given was Malaria medication.

“Some people, before they were told they were COVID-19 positive, they were tested in reputable laboratories and hospitals in Abuja and what they found was that they had a lot of malaria parasites in their bloodstream. So, when did malaria become synonymous to COVID-19?”

The same question was thrown by a reporter at the daily briefing of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19, to the NCDC boss and his reply was, “I think we all know COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a virus, Malaria is caused by a parasite. They are completely different diseases.
“However, many diseases present exactly the same way in the beginning, Yellow fever presents the same way with fever at the beginning, Lassa the same way, malaria the same way. So, the initial presentation of febrile illness is similar across diseases. There is no specific treatment for COVID-19 so what clinicians do is to manage your symptoms so that your body recovers as quickly as possible.
“You can have Malaria and COVID-19. That you have COVID-19 doesn’t prevent you from having Malaria and if you are in a hospital for one month, you could definitely be co-infected by both of them. So, there are many reasons why people receive similar treatments but they are two completely different diseases with different pathogenesis,” Iheakweazu said.

Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by etrange: 4:57pm On May 18, 2020
This shouldn't be rocket science. There's no vaccine for Covid-19, the doctors only try to treat the symptoms and because a lot of diseases share some common symptoms, similar treatments might be administered. This is done while your body fights the virus on its own. This also answers the questions of those always asking why the medics and ex carriers are not publicizing the treatment. People's symptoms differ so what treatment do you want exactly?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Goldencheese(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2020
Las las, the truth about this coro will be revealed.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 5:37pm On May 18, 2020
These are confused lots!

The guy asked simple question. If he had both diseases, why did he tested negative for COVID-19 after being treated with malaria drugs?

Or if he was treated for both, which medicine was used to treat COVID-19?

Is it so hard to say?

BTW, what's today's "#LiveScore on NCDC Board?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Darato: 5:51pm On May 18, 2020
Was that why federal govt said no one should mention the drugs given to them at the isolation center?
Now I see why the woman who sells agbo dey sell like mad. Every woman there’s this long queue for hot agbo iba every morning. Some were even boasting that they can never have covid-19 because they drink hot agbo every morning to flush out strangers in their system.
If you have not read the book Atonement you are missing.
Contact me for resume writing, cover letter, LinkedIn optimization, read my signature and call me NOW
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by rrreer: 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
psucc:
These are confused lots!

The guy asked simple question. If he had both diseases, why did he tested negative for COVID-19 after being treated with malaria drugs?

Is it so hard to say?

Intelligent guy. I love your statement
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by bid4rich(m): 9:06pm On May 18, 2020
I will be forced to conclude that those who were discharged from isolation center only has malaria while those that died were the ones with Covid-19
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 18, 2020
Since both diseases present same symptoms at the initial stage, same drugs were administered for both... Abi?
psucc:
These are confused lots!

Is it so hard to say?

Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Acidosis(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2020
etrange:
This shouldn't be rocket science. There's no vaccine for Covid-19, the doctors only try to treat the symptoms and because a lot of diseases share some common symptoms, similar treatments might be administered. This is done while your body fights the virus on its own. This also answers the questions of those always asking why the medics and ex carriers are not publicizing the treatment. People's symptoms differ so what treatment do you want exactly?

Treatment for perpetual and genetic illiteracy.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Acidosis(m): 9:50pm On May 18, 2020
psucc:
[s]These are confused lots!

Is it so hard to say?

BTW, what's today's "#LiveScore on NCDC Board? [/s]

People like this can't be helped academically or spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Montlab25: 1:57am On May 19, 2020
etrange:

Simple!

My conclusion is that education has failed in Nigeria. Lots of so called educated people still don't get it and we wonder why the country is like this? Why will someone compare Covid-19 with Malaria. Is Malaria also killing people in US and UK? I tire!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

People like this can't be helped academically or spiritually.

you are after the person when questions are there for you to answer.
I wonder then who among us need help!
If you have anything answer the question and stop the N30k mentality
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Acidosis(m): 7:33am On May 19, 2020
psucc:
you are after the person when questions are there for you to answer.

I wonder then who among us need help!

If you have anything answer the question and stop the N30k mentality

Since you failed to read the post, let me explain to you the same way I'll teach a toddler on pampers:

1. There is no known cure for Covid-19 (so stop asking for drug).

2. However, the immune system can help fight off the virus in some patients.

3. Covid-19 manifests different symptoms like fever, cough, sore throat, etc.

4. When a patient is admitted, drugs that can help manage the symptoms are administered while the immune system fights off the main coronavirus. That Covid-19 doesn't have a cure doesn't mean the doctors won't try to treat your symptoms.

5. Read number 4 again.

6. Read number 4 again until it sinks in.

7. Read number of 4 again and promise you won't keep asking yeye questions.

8. Read number 4 again and share to enlighten another ignorant mind and fake news apostles.

9. Thank me.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 7:54am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

Since you failed to read the post, let me explain to you the same way I'll teach a toddler on pampers:

1. There is no known cure for Covid-19 (so stop asking for drug).

2. However, the immune system can help fight off the virus in some patients.

3. Covid-19 manifests different symptoms like fever, cough, sore throat, etc.

4. When a patient is admitted, drugs that can help manage the symptoms are administered while the immune system fights off the main coronavirus. That Covid-19 doesn't have a cure doesn't mean the doctors won't try to treat your symptoms.

5. Read number 4 again.

6. Read number 4 again until it sinks in.

7. Read number of 4 again and promise you won't keep asking yeye questions.

8. Read number 4 again and share to enlighten another ignorant mind and fake news apostles.

9. Thank me.
You are truly deluded
There is no known cure but some drugs proves efficacious @Bauchi State Gov

2. If some drugs could be used to "managed" the COVID-19, can't the managers tell the patients?

3.If the immune system if the "koko" against COVID-19, why don't government takes step to educate the citizens on how to boost it?

4. The more you try to justify, the more dusts you raise.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On May 19, 2020
psucc:
You are truly deluded
There is no known cure but some drugs proves efficacious @Bauchi State Gov

2. If some drugs could be used to "managed" the COVID-19, can't the managers tell the patients?

3.If the immune system if the "koko" against COVID-19, why don't government takes step to educate the citizens on how to boost it?

4. The more you try to justify, the more dusts you raise.

Okay sir. Covid-19 is malaria. Malaria is Covid-19.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:13am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:13am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:14am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:17am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:18am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ncdc Replies Dokpesi On Difference Between Covid-19 & Malaria by psucc(m): 10:20am On May 19, 2020
Acidosis:

That's your opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Neck Bump / Can Herbal Tea Be Used To Reduce High Blood Pressure? / Remedy For Watery Sperm: 4 Easy Things To Do To Increase Your Sperm Fertility.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.