Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,784 members, 7,952,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Pride Or Lack Of Submission - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pride Or Lack Of Submission (632 Views)

Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / Is This Pride Or .......... How Do I Deal With It / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pride Or Lack Of Submission by bestman09(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2020
A Case study:

"My fiance has asked that we postpone our wedding until we reach an agreement.

What happened is this; I have my own house but he is living in a rented apartment. I automatically thought he would move in with me since my space is four times bigger than his. it was when I called in the decorator to expand my closet to fit his that he said, there was no need to do that, that we would be moving to his place.

We have discussed this so many times and I explained that he could pay me the rent if it makes him feel better. Why should I inconvenience myself when we both could live conveniently? Why will someone call off a wedding till I agree to move in with him?

It just raises so many questions for me about who he really is. I don't want to beg him because I have been doing that but if I give in to moving into a small 2 bedroom apartment, just to make him happy, what else would I have to give in to?

Why is this such a big deal for him to see me live uncomfortably, away from what I am used to.
I love him but this is a scary sign I have never seen before, should I move out of mine to make him feel better?

My mother said we should rent a bigger place, which would not be owned by any of us. He disagreed and still insisted I move in with him first. Now little things are coming up, the things he cant afford for the wedding, I collect the money and add to it, to get the standard of what I want. He gets upset and insists that I get only what he has paid for...nothing more.

I don't know what to do...I am scared for myself...I am worried...what do I do?"

*Questions drawn *

Is this an issue of pride on the man or an issue of lack of submission on the part of the woman or what exactly do you think the issue is?

Is it something they can resolve or should they just go their separate ways?

Are they compatible?

If it were you, what would you do as the woman or the man?

https://www./380418259269668/?ref=share
Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by StubbornGENIUS: 7:19am On May 19, 2020
The man is an egomaniac and proud son of a bitch.It's obvious they are incompatible for each other cos the guy is selfish and self-centered.But why have I not met this kind of ladies eh?For me,Love has no levels,doesn't care about ethnicity and certainly respects and agrees with a good decision.

1 Like

Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by mignone(f): 7:23am On May 19, 2020
For me, dt man is just being a man, he's not proud.

the things he cant afford for the wedding, I collect the money and add to it, to get the standard of what I want.

He gets upset and insists that I get only what he has paid for...nothing more.[color=#000099]

Real man there! There's a problem if he doesn't complain.

The lady in question shouldn't have been in a r.ship wif a man who she feels doesn't meet up to her standard.
Make she find her level abeg. I like her fiance, he's indeed a man!

2 Likes

Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by yanabasee1(m): 7:28am On May 19, 2020
When the kids of this forum wakes up.... especially the feminist cabals.....they will tell you to quit the relationship and be happy and all gibberish....

But I will say that, a man that wants to marry a woman wants to know if he's truly going to be in control of his house especially in decision making....

You have to learn to heed to the man...not because you are a weakling or a loser or less a person, but because being a woman, there are many sacrifice that you have to make to your man....

The Nigerian society have fast changed and people now dwell in the Western societal norms in Africa... But, we are Africans, the whites admires alot of things about us... the things our women want us to change are the things that when we take them overseas, we excell better...

Just be a woman around your man and stop involving parties to his decision making....

Put your property on a yearly rent and move into his arms...

1 Like

Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by bukatyne(f): 7:30am On May 19, 2020
This story is just one episode to conclude if they are compatible or not.
Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by cococandy(f): 7:43am On May 19, 2020
Fabricated story.
Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by boldx(m): 8:19am On May 19, 2020
Unresolved issues and una never marry. Is this how your marriage will start?

1) Guy will buy fairly used Nigerian car and the lady will say it is not her spec.

2) Guy will register wife for antenatal in a government hospital, lady will say no way.

3) Guy will prefer going to open market, lady will say no, only Shoprite...

You guys are not compatible...

Lady cannot insist on buying what she wants for wedding just because hers is more expensive and better.

Guy, there is nothing wrong in moving to her house, save the money. Get a piece of land and build maybe a 4/5 bedroom bungalow after 2 years and make yourself happy.

Maybe your fiancée does not believe in suffering and smiling and the guy is a rigid person who believes in sewing his coat according to his size. Didn't the guy see all these signs before thinking of getting married.

Make una park well joor, una no serious to marry.

2 Likes

Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by bid4rich(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2020
A man will always be a man.

Question I want to ask is this........prior to the plan of your wedding, has he always been like that?

Has he ever show any sign of loving you with proofs?

You can link your answer with the present situation and then conclude from the premises. But I will say that the man is afraid. Many ladies has turned out to be something else after marriage thereby telling the husband to leave their house.in the face of a little disagreement. He is afraid and he wants to test your loyalty and have a say.

I cannot conclude for you, you know your man more than I do.

I wish you good luck.
Re: Pride Or Lack Of Submission by bestman09(m): 12:02pm On May 19, 2020
cococandy:
Fabricated story.

How is it a fabricated story?

(1) (Reply)

Woman Disgraces Husband In Front Of Side Chick / Buy Your Affordable Lingerie / Raising WEAK Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.