Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,882 members, 7,899,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction (23908 Views)

JICA Donates RNA Extraction Test Kits To Ramp Up COVID-19 Testing & Detection / Taraba Yet To Report Death From COVID-19 – NCDC / COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Bentila(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2020
Johnandv:
Imo brain box in action..
Igbo Amaka
Now dat every one is talking as Nigerians, either applauding or expressing their dissatisfaction with Nigeria, you want to invite Ipob and Afonja comments. Make you try move forward my brother.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by kay7: 6:12pm On May 22, 2020
BRAVO. Proudly Nigerian
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by JustAboyy: 6:14pm On May 22, 2020
Igbo amaka. If you know, you know
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by LeOstrich: 6:19pm On May 22, 2020
[s]
nazablossom:
You are a COMPOUND FOOL
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Slimranky(m): 6:31pm On May 22, 2020
That's good but wtf is happening to Mtn today or is it just myself,can't literary browse online with my Mtn line
Mtn wetin dey play
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by tophumble(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2020
Ur comment shows that u lack home training. Must u vent ur anger on everyone bc u don't believe NCDC. The fact that u can read well shows that u are a big time school drop out. Ur bad manners will lead u into trouble soon. Mark my words. U av offended the wrong person
LeOstrich:

You an idiot who can not even reason for himself.

Same useless NCDC that can not even tell us where the Chinese doctors are, are the ones you think are competent to coordinate any serious research work?
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by pointstores(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2020
Wow
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by apexc1012: 6:37pm On May 22, 2020
[color=#] 4958048[/color]
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by clems88(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2020
They will soon debunk this news . angry
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by apexc3510: 6:42pm On May 22, 2020
[color=#] 3813624[/color]
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by CrazyOptimist: 6:43pm On May 22, 2020
WaffenSS:

What breakthrough?

Something that's been done ages ago? How else do you think the existing PCR test kits in use were created?

Its a laudable achievement if Nigeria can produce RNA extraction kits.
Nigerian researchers suffer a lot in terms of cost and waiting period to order these reagents from Sigma Aldrich, Biolab, Addgene etc. Local production will also improve the economy in large proportions.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by yom2(m): 6:45pm On May 22, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

gather here if the headline made you thought it was a cure.

nonsense, time wey them for use dey mix herbal cure them dey dia dey mumu dey find useless text kit....i even think say we don see cure by that headline

them yeye no be small. Dey knack big big grammar and medical jargons join. Na wetin people send them be that?. I think say them don validate the herbal cure

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Ilochukwuka: 6:46pm On May 22, 2020
davodyguy:
This is good.

Some weeks ago, the Health Minister said it cost ₦10,000 to carryout a test for COVID-19 in Nigeria.

Yesterday 21/5/2020 the commissioner for Health in Lagos State, Prof Akin Abayomi said test cost the Lagos State government between ₦40,000 to ₦50,000 meaning for the 16,000 test they claimed has been carried out cost them ₦800,000,000. This leaves many wondering how much the state would claim it cost to treat and feed those at the isolation centres.

If Care's not taken, COVID-19 may even cost close to 10% of annual budget in Lagos, if almost ₦1 billion has been expended on testing alone this far.

It is well with Nigeria and Lagos State under those in charge
If you have a patriotic spirit and believed in your country, you would have known that they are saying the same thing. One test to confirm a patient positive and several tests to confirm if the person have recovered after series of treatment. Each costs 10k. Believe in your country that's the way forward. God bless you

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by YADNUS11: 6:58pm On May 22, 2020
SCAMDEMIC .way to go
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by DAVE5(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2020
sylve11:
Don't know what to say. Really tired of this COVID19 thing. sad cool

Bros no be only you don tire ohh, the whole world is overly tired of it
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Lawalemi(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2020
Let's keep it up.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by megareal: 7:34pm On May 22, 2020
Good and meaningful news for a change.�
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by magzey: 7:49pm On May 22, 2020
The next level I have Long for. Kudos grin
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by tboydbrave(m): 8:14pm On May 22, 2020
Great news. But mind you,why so few comments on this thread. I understand sha,if the headline had read LACK OF TEST KITS IN NIGERIA. They would have shown up by now. Some people just like bad news. It is well.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Jman06(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2020
This is a welcome development. Perhaps our own kits would improve the accuracy of covid-19 tests so we can sift real sufferers from audio ones.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Helena6(f): 9:22pm On May 22, 2020
This is good news! Nigerians can do nearly everything if provided enabling environment.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by ensamy(m): 9:38pm On May 22, 2020
Secondary and higher school students in U.S can perform this RNA extraction but in Nigeria a Professor thinks he has a breakthrough in this shocked shocked sad shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by delvzy(m): 10:01pm On May 22, 2020
I would say this is a good starting point waiting on news about the subsequent phases.
We really need to start thinking on a wider scale in this nation.
Just imagine if the right person was in power and not one profession heading over another.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Legendguru: 10:15pm On May 22, 2020
ohh
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by boyjo: 2:14am On May 23, 2020
LeOstrich:
Scammers.

Just wait and see how this same NCDC and NABDA with no track record in vaccine development and production will come out later and declare they have developed a vaccine.

That same vaccine is from Bill Gates and no other just as this rubbish development is.

The idea is now to make you have confidence in a local vaccine given that anything Bill Gates is now satanic.
habsydiamond Goldencheese nazablossom Queenyprinxex
tophumble
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by alezzy13: 4:02am On May 23, 2020
95% of the posters here have no idea of what the topic is about.

But they felt they had to post all the same. undecided

Why?
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Validates Viral RNA Extraction by Johnandv: 11:12am On May 25, 2020
Bentila:

Now dat every one is talking as Nigerians, either applauding or expressing their dissatisfaction with Nigeria, you want to invite Ipob and Afonja comments. Make you try move forward my brother.
Where is the Ipob and Afonja in my comment?
Mind you we remain Biafrans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman's Corpse Detained In LASUTH Mortuary Over ₦860,000 Debt / Can I Still Get Pregnant With Sperm Leakage After Sex? / Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.