Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,326 members, 7,907,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:54 PM

An appeal to a JB NL Dealer - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / An appeal to a JB NL Dealer (4432 Views)

How To Successfully Understand A Used Car Dealer In A Used Car Auction! / Mercedes-benz C220 Elegance Automatic 1998 Black: Jb-vt-87 / Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Busybody2(f): 2:21am On Jan 22, 2011
Here they come again - the messianic foot-in-mouth motormouth crew lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Anywa, don't let me stop them, this is a forum, anyone is free to post anywhere they so desire cool
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by BriTonDiDa: 5:52am On Jan 22, 2011
I might have an idea with so much clues in the book
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Piedpiper(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2011
Well people. I crave your indulgence once again. Since the dissappointment of yesterday said dealer JB has called and appealed for more time till wednesday next week. This is as a result of his agent being unable to bring the car in from cotonou for the past one month.
The gist here as he told it is that customs only give a pass for vehicles to come in on certain days. Never mind that 30 days has already elapsed since the supposed clearance of the same car in benin republic.
Long story short he has appealed, others have called on his behalf and wednesday 2.2.2011 has been agreed as the delivery date. Some asked why I let him off the hook this time and I replied that so it would be clear to all concerned and who read my expose if and when I decide to write him up that this JB fellow is a low life,fraudster and cheat not deserving of any protection.
A reputation is hard to build,so yesterday in order to save mine I bought a camry for my young friend who entrusted his money to me. I did this at a personal loss of 75k. I still have to bear the cost of registration of the new car also because I had also done one which JB has turned into a long thing.
I have just two questions for the house though, does it take a month at the border to cross in a vehicle cleared in cotonou? And where on planet earth can you ship a fully paid up vehicle for four months?
The answer they say is blowing in the wind.
Till wednesday 2.2.2011. 5months and 4 days after payment.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 22, 2011
Piedpiper i would say you are a joke,  is the JB too powerful that you can't disclose his identity and yet come here and call him names,  surprised after 5 months you are coming out!!!
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by blank(f): 12:11am On Jan 23, 2011
I think I know who it is. It has 2 be d same person dat has been accused of d same thing recently. Na wa o.

I am truly afraid of this pre-order business. I want 2 buy a Camry but I am scared of entrusting my money 2 someone I can't lay a hold of if d deal goes south. I av decided 2 take matters in2 my own hands n import it myself.

@ OP, let us know gow it all ends.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Osama10(m): 3:26am On Jan 23, 2011
Hmmmn, PR don start for here. grin
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Consensus: 9:18am On Jan 23, 2011
@ Blank.

I don't see where any one has mentioned not being able to get hold of the dealer in question. Surely the OP and Dealer must still be in constant communication and the OP hasn't reported the dealer in question being incommunicado.

To the best of my knowledge business is a Two-way thing. The seller and buyer both take risks, It doesn't always fall on the seller when things go awry.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by blank(f): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2011
Mr Consensus, if u read what I wrote very well, u would understand dat I was giving MY OWN views on d pre-order mess. That was why I separated 2 different things into paragraphs.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by BizBooks(m): 3:26pm On Jan 23, 2011
5 months is a long time to wait for a car, but it is apparent that "JB" is working extra hard to resolve this matter amicably. The fact that Piedpiper has given him this long seems to indicate that he still has some trust in him. It is entirely possible that the problem cannot be resolved with a snap of the finger.

I say this because logistic delays happen. In fact, I'm having a similar problem, though on a much lesser extent. I promised a client that his car will ship on January 4th. On January 4th, I called the shipping company and they said the ship has been delayed with a new sail date of January 21st. That means I'm already 2 weeks late. If there are further delays, 2 weeks may turn into 1 month.

P.S: I understand "JB" is an alias used by Piedpiper. But I do not know who "JB" is. My guess is that on or before the new deadline of February 2nd, Piedpiper will tell us that the problem has be resolved one way or the other.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by violent(m): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2011
if i were the Poster, i probably will be making talking drums with JB's skin
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Consensus: 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2011
^ ^
Without hearing both sides to their story's?
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by sultaan(m): 12:32am On Jan 24, 2011
violent:

if i were the Poster, i probably will be making talking drums with JB's skin

Not if 'JB' gets him permanently silenced first.

If the man gets a car that is more than he bargained for, you know he'll keep quiet.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Osama10(m): 1:42am On Jan 24, 2011
sultaan:

If the man gets a car that is more than he bargained for, you know he'll keep quiet.

I think it would be nice.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by bfire(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2011
This logistics problem occur from time to time.

I have a car seating at the port in NJ since November meant to be Ro-Ro to Lagos and the sailing date has been changed several times, while another one from FL has already been cleared in Lagos.

I'm not in anyways in support of the seller, just letting people know that things of this nature do get out of your immediate controls.

I wish both parties a "soft landing"
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Piedpiper(m): 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2011
One day to a soft landing I hope. embarassed
No noise , no drama just my car Mr.JB.
I have shown restraint.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Piedpiper(m): 10:43am On Jan 26, 2011
The day has arrived ,,,,,,,,once again. 5 months and 4 days after. Heard from JB my camry car finally made it into Lagos.
Operative word being HEARD
Fingers crossed.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Piedpiper(m): 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
Still lISTENING grin
Waiting wink
Hoping angry
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by DAY12(m): 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2011
Piedpiper:

Still lISTENING grin
Waiting wink
Hoping angry

*Clapping*

Well-done I must say!
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by kaymoney2(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2011
DAY11.:

*Clapping*

Well-done I must say!

Hmm worthy of commendation grin Sit don look approach shocked
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Fiver: 3:15am On Jan 27, 2011
sultaan:

Customer Service at its best- Nigerian style shocked
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Piedpiper(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2011
My camry left lagos last weekend according to JB the honest,trust worthy,dealer of all dealer of NL andmore than 10 days after the car is still in transit to PH shocked. This business man claims he bought me a good car and so I should be patient , now tells me
1) The fuel pump failed lst week at Ore. sad
2) He bought a replacement pump and put in my ''nice car" and it still failed
3) He has now replaced the coil and ignition but still, angry

This character has no shame,lies and is fraudulent. I am sure when I mention his name some silly, ass wipes are going to come to his defence I do not carry a gun but since he is licensed grin
, in my usual way I will wait this week through. I told JB I was coming to Lagos on Monday and he conviniently landed in Warri on a business trip.How does one go about trusting anybody for a preorder after this?

Monitor 1, Inspired man, Carshopper, Femmmmy,Kunle A. , Una siddon de look?
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Delta007(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2011
Piedpiper:

Well people. I crave your indulgence once again. Since the dissappointment of yesterday said dealer JB has called and appealed for more time till wednesday next week. This is as a result of his agent being unable to bring the car in from cotonou for the past one month.
The gist here as he told it is that customs only give a pass for vehicles to come in on certain days. Never mind that 30 days has already elapsed since the supposed clearance of the same car in benin republic.
Long story short he has appealed, others have called on his behalf and wednesday 2.2.2011 has been agreed as the delivery date. Some asked why I let him off the hook this time and I replied that so it would be clear to all concerned and who read my expose if and when I decide to write him up that this JB fellow is a low life,fraudster and cheat not deserving of any protection.
A reputation is hard to build,so yesterday in order to save mine I bought a camry for my young friend who entrusted his money to me. I did this at a personal loss of 75k. I still have to bear the cost of registration of the new car also because I had also done one which JB has turned into a long thing.
I have just two questions for the house though, does it take a month at the border to cross in a vehicle cleared in cotonou? And where on planet earth can you ship a fully paid up vehicle for four months?
The answer they say is blowing in the wind.
Till wednesday 2.2.2011. 5months and 4 days after payment.
So did you get your vehicle?
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Delta007(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2011
Piedpiper:

My camry left lagos last weekend according to JB the honest,trust worthy,dealer of all dealer of NL andmore than 10 days after the car is still in transit to PH shocked. This business man claims he bought me a good car and so I should be patient , now tells me

This character has no shame,lies and is fraudulent. I am sure when I mention his name some silly, backside wipes are going to come to his defence I do not carry a gun but since he is licensed grin
, in my usual way I will wait this week through. I told JB I was coming to Lagos on Monday and he conviniently landed in Warri on a business trip.How does one go about trusting anybody for a preorder after this?

I guess we posted almost at same time,

Interesting account; atleast mention who JB is so that other buyers may be alot more cautious.

P.S. I think I know who he is as I got some "backdoor" info about your ordeal but since I'm just a third party, I can only encourage you to come forward.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by blank(f): 12:28am On Feb 04, 2011
N d saga continues. undecided
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 04, 2011
Piedpiper:

This character has no shame,lies and is fraudulent. I am sure when I mention his name some silly, backside wipes are going to come to his defence I do not carry a gun but since he is licensed grin

I must confess that I am personally unable to assist either in sending emails or PMs to the dealer in question. I am not privy to additional information including who the dealer is. I have to siddon look until you decide to provide more info.

What we are urging everyone to do is to make transparency the order of the day and keep all parties in the loop. You sir, are withholding information, thus I am personally unable to do anything. Hopefully others may be able to assist you.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by emeshot: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2011
hmmm
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Piedpiper(m): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2011
@Monitor1
I will wait patiently till sunday for my car to be delivered to me,although dealer called and said they will fix my nice car and deliver today.Note that we are talking of the delivery and not the[b] state[/b] of the yet to be delivered car yet. After sunday and car not at hand I will reveal all, because aside this vehicle said dealer is still clinging on to the balance of my money about 260k for a cancelled preorder since last November. shocked angry

@AT ALL
Please pray with me. embarassed
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Nautillus(m): 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
Bobs, no be God, Nna na wah oh, R-Kelly, this your tory don dey fear me, 5 months plus delay, 10 days to move "sharp" tokunbo car from Lagos to PH,  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, (a 10 Hour journey - if you count police delay), now see all the fault listed, i hope for your sake say no be OWODE them go arrange the moob for you oh, lol

I thank Chineke say i no dare try am, i almost last year, i just decided against it at the last minute and bought from a "live in lagos" dealer,

Na wah oh,

ok, make we wait for sunday.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by stormm: 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2011
@ OP

How far? Today is Sunday, has 'JB' delivered? Some peeps are working very hard to kill the pre-order business.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by stormm: 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2011
@ OP

How far? Today is Sunday, has 'JB' delivered? Some peeps are working very hard to kill the pre-order business.

On  customs and Cotonou, cars are not seized once you pay your duty. Wonder why these guys are like this.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by Fogman(m): 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2011
stormm:

@ OP

On  customs and Cotonou, cars are not seized once you pay your duty. Wonder why these guys are like this.

Please ignore the OP and this thread. He is not forthcoming with the necessary info to help is cause. On several occasion he has taken us for a ride. I m wondering if this is not a wild goose chase.
Re: An appeal to a JB NL Dealer by femmy2010(m): 2:48am On Feb 07, 2011
I am sure the OP has not taken anybody for a ride and has no reason to.
I suspect he is simply been humane by not cutting the dealer's chain of client by stating his name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Grade Tokunbo 2001 Toyota Camry Leather Interior / Super Clean Lagos Cleared Toyota Corolla Sport 2007 Model For Sale! / SOLD!!!Buy this Toks 1999 Toyota Camry@800k!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.