Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina (31102 Views)

Enugu 2023: The Detractors Are At It Again, Public Beware - Victor Chigozie Eneh / Detractors Are Out To Destabilise Peace, Tranquility In Enugu – Nwodo / My Detractors Must Apologise To Imo APC, Says Gov Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Adaibeku(f): 1:56pm On May 28, 2020
Yorubasareslave:
Adesina is one of the few good yorubas out there. I know he will scale this hurdle.
show me yorubas that is not tribalistic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by jaxxy(m): 1:57pm On May 28, 2020
I’m not sure he did anything wrong.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Fragility6: 1:57pm On May 28, 2020
SIRTee15:

Lets keep this civil..ok...
I never said Adesina is a saint or innocent, u are the one who concluded he's guilty...
shebi there will be an idependent probe....
To be sincere... Adesina is a goner...guilty or not, he's not coming back...
But I just want u to see how western nations contribute to the under-development of Africa by demonising those Africans who choose to make Africa/Africans a priority........

below is the impact of Adesina as Afdb president.....
First bond of the financial institution was oversubscribed and attracted $4.6 billion of interest at the LSE in april 2020....
Afdb issued 13 billion dollars as social bond to help African countries mitigate the effect of the COVID crisis.....
Considerate loans to African countries making them less dependent shylock-like foreign loans....
Afdb attained AAA rating from Fitch Ratings, Moody’s Investors Service and S&P Global Ratings.....
Afdb doubled its capital base during its tenure and aims to hit a capital base of $208 billion within the next 2 years....

but IMF/WHO are complaining Afdb is issuing too much loans to African countries......
Think bro...think.
U are still saying the same thing but indirectly. You are pointing fingers at them. Yes he tried while in position but had his shortcomings. He should step aside and another capable hands be put into power or are u saying bcoz of his achievements, all his wrongs should be overlooked? What exactly are you driving at? Whats your stance? Stop standing in d middle.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by lexy2014: 2:01pm On May 28, 2020
MasterKernel:

I like him as a person, but no man chairs his own probe. The right thing is to step down while the investigation is going on. I doubt the findings of the bank ethics committee.

It's a standard practice, you can't chair your own probe.

How does d afdb usually deal issues like this? What do its policies say about d adesina situation?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Oduclemz: 2:02pm On May 28, 2020
iwaeda:
We are going to mobilise the whole Nigeria to defend this man

No go find job do. Go and defend a billionaire with empty stomach. Youths are not ready. Always dissipating energy to defend the rich and later goes back to sleep empty stomach
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Omobada(m): 2:16pm On May 28, 2020
TripleOh7:

Since his trouble started check and see if I posted anything to support him.

But after having been exonerated at first and then with this allegations that we read here today, it is most likely a political orchestration because of the upcoming elections.

Go through the thread.

There's another thread where he defended himself point by point.

So, no. I'm not supporting him because he's Yoruba. I'm supporting him because it's all panning out to be a vendetta against him to stop him from recontesting.

And no. I don't hate Igbos.

I'd say the same thing if he was Igbo or Kalabari or Zulu.

Don't mind him, they think Yorubas are tribalists like them without objectivity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by winterfell007(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2020
operationmoses:

Mobilize only Yoruba people and leave other people alone sabotour

speak for yourself!! not the "entire igbo people". because you certainly don't speak for me. ethnic jigoist embarassed undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by YeribanzavsAfon: 2:24pm On May 28, 2020
Omobada:

Don't mind him, they think Yorubas are tribalists like them without objectivity

You people are the most tribalistic set of species in huma history, your hypocrisy wont work. Let you Adeshina be hanged if found guilty that's all, no one is defending him let him defend himself and his fellow Afonjas that he employed and filled AFDB with. To hell with you fuccking Yorubas, you called for Onyema's head just because America indicted him but now you are calling same America's credibility to question because they want to investigate your rogue Adeshina, you people are evil!!. Afonja you people think you can take your tinubu-like looting tendencies to AFDB. The guilty should face the music shikena.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adexpa(m): 2:30pm On May 28, 2020
I don't see any reason why U. S should be the one calling for his probe and not Africa, it is not a bad thing to probe but it should be done by the rightful owner. Let us wait and see Africans reactions after the whole scandal. Adeshina needs not fear if his hands are clean.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 28, 2020
Yeah maybe their actions are in bad faith but he actually did most of those things they accused him of doing.

It's standard procedure, when your enemies want to dismantle you they seek out your weak spots and apply pressure there, and that is exactly what the U.S. backed interest group has done. Adesina should have been more ethical in the execution of his duties at the AfDB.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Omobada(m): 2:42pm On May 28, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

You people are the most tribalistic set of species in huma history, your hypocrisy wont work. Let you Adeshina be hanged if found guilty that's all, no one is defending him let him defend himself and his fellow Afonjas that he employed and filled AFDB with. To hell with you fuccking Yorubas, you called for Onyema's head just because America indicted him but now you are calling same America's credibility to question because they want to investigate your rogue Adeshina, you people are evil!!. Afonja you people think you can take your tinubu-like looting tendencies to AFDB. The guilty should face the music shikena.

Grow up boy, channel your efforts towards your betterment. Stop wasting your time on hating those who have become somebody in life. No one attain greatness with that your mentality
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by khalids: 2:44pm On May 28, 2020
He should resign and run for Nigerian presidency...................
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by YeribanzavsAfon: 2:47pm On May 28, 2020
Omobada:

[s]Grow up boy, channel your efforts towards your betterment. Stop wasting your time on hating those who have become somebody in life. No one attain greatness with that your mentality[/s]

Let Adeshina be shot in the head if found guilty. You Yorubas taught us savagery so live with it.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by greatbuc(m): 2:50pm On May 28, 2020
benji93:
Perhaps your aunt wasn't quite competent.
what he did is what she was accused of so lockup, its not about competence. Someone na witch hunter and he is been hunted. I'll sit back and watch the chase... Grab your popcorn too
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by benji93: 2:57pm On May 28, 2020
Be reasonable when making your comments. AfDB must have rules that are applied in such a situation. The Ethics committee could not have been headed by its president. And why would you call it a sham? Because it was presided upon by African leaders? Because the west says so? What a show of inferiority. The timing is particularly suspect, given the fact that the elections will be conducted soon. Meanwhile, according to a report by the African report, the chairman of the committee, may have violated the bank's rules by sending the whistleblower's report to the board of directors before consulting the legal advice department. This accusation may not even matter, cos their intention may just be to entrap him in a long-winded investigation that puts his re-election bid in jeopardy.
SavageResponse:

He was exonerated by a committee made up of employees of this bank...that committee was a sham!

It is better to let outsiders who are independent do the investigation
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by benji93: 3:01pm On May 28, 2020
Of course, you believe what your aunt told you, and it doesn't matter if what she told is of any shade over the range Truth and False. Who wouldn't? We are all watching though.
greatbuc:
what he did is what she was accused of so lockup, its not about competence. Someone na witch hunter and he is been hunted. I'll sit back and watch the chase... Grab your popcorn too

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Petdagr8t(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2020
USA must stop this baseless allegations or we will tag it a witch hunt against our brother from the south west.
we will also rise with boldness and tell them that we will not let them intimidate our brother until he is found guilty.
The board of director have cleared him of all charges but you still want to go ahead with another investigations.
If na Trump now he would have been shouting witch hunt everywhere
At a time like this we all have to come together and support our dear own to fight against those that are trying hard to bring him down.
Since the board of directors have exonerated Mr Adeshina then I see no reason why USA won't let him rest.
NB I am an Igbo man and I want to set an example as a Nigeria " we ought to support our own in a time like this.
# let's fight against this witch hunt #
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Abuleoshi: 3:05pm On May 28, 2020
This Man is replying to petition against him like they normally do in Nigeria. Once they accuse you, start pointing at invisible enemies.

The man should shut up and wait for the independent panel to find him innocent before pointing at the "second term Virus"
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Algold: 3:05pm On May 28, 2020
He is a Nigerian. That the reason, they don't trust anything Nigeria even the best among us are being questioned all over the world. Just imagine America, Europe calling for an independent investigation when the AFDB members cleared him of any wrong doing
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by winterfell007(m): 3:08pm On May 28, 2020
OneCorner:

Don’t count we Igbos among
Ewu

You don't speak for the entire Igbos and certainly not for me. You can mobilize for Nnamdi Kanu
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by greatbuc(m): 3:08pm On May 28, 2020
benji93:
Of course, you believe what your aunt told you, and it doesn't matter if what she told is of any shade over the range Truth and False. Who wouldn't? We are all watching though.
she got off the hook and was compensated. But the public ridicule was there. He has to get off his hook but public ridicule.. Its still on and on an international scale.. What a big dent! Don't be like your uncle.. Witch hunting is very bad
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by winterfell007(m): 3:19pm On May 28, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

To be honest, it's the Igbos that are actually more tribalistic in thoughts and reason. You might not agree with me, that's fine, I don't expect you to. But it's the truth
For the record, I'm Igbo too before you term me 'afonja' which is usually characteristics of you lots when people don't agree with your sentiments

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ThePatriotic: 3:22pm On May 28, 2020
Africans wake up and learn from your history. Anyone that fails to learn from his/her past stands the risk of repeating past mistakes.

How come all the leaders of the black race who seem to have 'good plans' to develop Africa and make it's people independent die suddenly or are removed unceremoniously? Martin Luther King Jr, Thomas Sankara, Yaradua, Murtala, Gadaffi, GEJ, Patrice Lumumba, the list goes on....these all were leaders who had the interest of the people at heart as could be seen from their plans, policies and results. But their reigns were cut short by those who benefit from the misery of the black man. I'm saying, and I do not believe that these men where "saints". Which of the world leaders doesn't have their faults? We still remember Clinton and Trump's saga of recent.

Curious enough, despite the big brother role the west claim to play in Africa, the continent still remains underdeveloped and plagued with bad leadership for as far as we can remember. Is it a coicedence that almost all countries in Africa is plagued with bad leadership? Are we really that bad or does "big brother" benefit from our bad leadership situation?

Unfortunately, the enemy of the Blackman uses another Blackman to achieve their selfish interest in the guise of "helping" or being concerned. See how some here are trying so hard to drag this thread into tribal warfare. If it's not Yoruba versus Igbo, it's Fulani versus the rest of the country or Christians versus Muslims.

Do a Google search on "who assassinated Patrice Lumumba"
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by winterfell007(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2020
Omobada:

Grow up boy, channel your efforts towards your betterment. Stop wasting your time on hating those who have become somebody in life. No one attain greatness with that your mentality

Please don't waste your time with that complete looser, it's folks like him that give the impression that all my people are 'bile and haters' and intolerant of other enthic groups. Pay him no heed. He's part of the 'dumb', ignorant apostle of that scammer Nnamdi Kanu.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by SIRTee15: 3:24pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

U are still saying the same thing but indirectly. You are pointing fingers at them. Yes he tried while in position but had his shortcomings. He should step aside and another capable hands be put into power or are u saying bcoz of his achievements, all his wrongs should be overlooked? What exactly are you driving at? Whats your stance? Stop standing in d middle.

Obviously, u dont get it....
Whats going on is simply boardroom politics...its all about personal interest....
Western nations don't want him back because he chose to serve Africa not the imperialists......
They are not interested in any probe- they just want him out....
The probe is a tool to get rid of him- whether he's guilty or not.....

Why the probe now when its time for his re-election....
Most of the alleged offences were committed in 2016-2018, but whistle-blowers waited until 2020 to cry foul....

Adesina should not be denied his mandate simply because the white man said so......
He's already been cleared of all wrongdoing by the ethics committee, and the board adopted the report....
The new probe is just to please some interest.......

He can step down, but should be allowed to contest, while the new probe proceed concurrently....
That will ensure he's returned if he's cleared of all allegation....
That's the only way everybody's interest is protected in a fair and just manner....not the system designed to favour obnoxious imperialist...

Dont be subservient to the propanganda of the white man, it serves u no good.....
thats my message....

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2020
Fragility6:

What wrong has he committed? I've been following the politics playing out in this bank for many years....
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 3:33pm On May 28, 2020
SIRTee15:

Obviously, u dont get it....
Whats going on is simply boardroom politics...its all about personal interest....
Western nations don't want him back because he chose to serve Africa not the imperialists- irrespective he's guilty or not.....
They are not interested in any probe- they just want him out...

Why the probe now when its time for his re-election....
Most of the alleged offences were committed in 2016-2018, but whistle-blowers waited until 2020 to cry foul....

Adesina should not be denied his mandate simply because the white man said so......
He's already been cleared of all wrongdoing by the ethics committee, and the board adopted the report....
The new probe is just to please some interest.......

He can step down, but should be allowed to contest, while the new probe proceed concurrently....
That will ensure he's returned if he's cleared of all allegation....
That's the only way everybody's interest is protected in a fair and just manner....not the system designed to favour obnoxious imperialist...

Dont be subservient to the propanganda of the white man, it serves u no good.....
thats my message....
GOD bless you bro... You are brilliant
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 3:40pm On May 28, 2020
Abuleoshi:
This Man is replying to petition against him like they normally do in Nigeria. Once they accuse you, start pointing at invisible enemies.

The man should shut up and wait for the independent panel to find him innocent before pointing at the "second term Virus"
BUT the investigation carried out by the bank was headed by a Japanese with the support of the national from other countries.. Why is America against it... They are also ganging up against WHO
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 3:41pm On May 28, 2020
Africa is still a colony to western powers. We are all fooling ourselves that we are independent nations. See what France is doing to french-speaking Ecowas countries. Until we start fighting these neo-colonialists and their local proxies from within we and are children and grandchildren will never be free. We just have to get off the dependant mindset that we need the West to survive as a continent. They need Africa more than Africa need them. We have to first get rid of enemies within, the corrupt and tribalist bigots, and then face the main enemy, the West.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by iwaeda: 3:43pm On May 28, 2020
Oduclemz:

No go find job do. Go and defend a billionaire with empty stomach. Youths are not ready. Always dissipating energy to defend the rich and later goes back to sleep empty stomach
Above that by God's grace
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by ajl: 3:44pm On May 28, 2020
adelaja70:

BUT the investigation carried out by the bank was headed by a Japanese with the support of the national from other countries.. Why is America against it... They are also ganging up against WHO

America want its own stooge heading ADB like China has its stooge heading WHO. They don't want independent minded African in such position. I sm sure the previous ADB president was France stooge.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by LastProphet: 3:49pm On May 28, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Exonerated earlier by the the ethics committee of the board of directors of the bank, which Adesina is the President. .

The United States did not level any allegations against him, The US government is only asking for independent probe of allegations leveled against him by whistle-blower.

Thank you for still showing common sense which most people lack around here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects / Chineye Amaechi Is Dead! Victor Oye's Daughter Dies Of Typhoid And Malaria / Sowore’s Detention: UK Government Asks FG To Respect Rule Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.