Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina (31101 Views)

Enugu 2023: The Detractors Are At It Again, Public Beware - Victor Chigozie Eneh / Detractors Are Out To Destabilise Peace, Tranquility In Enugu – Nwodo / My Detractors Must Apologise To Imo APC, Says Gov Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by AhoadaRivers: 6:26pm On May 28, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Adeshina/Sanusi 2023
Argue with your grandfather's scrotum

Dreamer.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by bakescos01: 6:26pm On May 28, 2020
africandollar:
I will personally deal with anyone who dares say or input evil on this man right here. US wey wan probe are they not the most ‘fantastically’ corrupt nation on earth? Definitely the guy has an agenda that favours Africa over the US hence the reason for the witch-hunt.

We are no longer oblivious to the blame-and-conquer principle US has successfully used in the past against leaders like Gaddafi and Saddam so they should please shift to one side and show their true color being the oppressor that they are instead of hiding behind some flimsy excuse to perpetrate their takeover agenda.

This is just the fact and I don’t see how hard it is for people to figure this out. The history is there already. That’s what they do to any African leader that has the interest of its people at heart. Why will they still be beating us with this in 2020. A lot of Africans never learn.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by DexterousOne(m): 6:48pm On May 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

How can you say that an in-house committee that was likely superintended by one of Adeshina's lackeys was unbiased and independent

Did you even read the allegations against him before coming here to defend him blindly?

Most people who head Nigerian establishments will not survive when given opportunity to head a multinational corporation where there are strict rules of engagement

In case you don't know Adeshina was busy employing only his friends and cronies and flouting organisational procedures.

He thinks he is still in Nigeria where qualified people should only be given jobs based on man-know-man.

He was also doing the usual over-invoicing Nigerians love to do so that he can get kickbacks.

But of course you will not see that one cos you have accepted corruption a a normal thing hence your blind defence of a compatriot

Nigerians and Africans at large are always quick to play the race card whenever a leader of African extraction is called out by the west for wrongdoing...quite a shame really cos that is the reason why we are the most backward continent on the face of the planet.

I am a full-blooded Nigerian but if Adeshina is found guilty then he should be kicked out!

You and your types here clearly do not understand the game these Westerners are playing

And it's a big shame

Africans eh undecided

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by geosegun(m): 7:11pm On May 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

How can you say that an in-house committee that was likely superintended by one of Adeshina's lackeys was unbiased and independent

Did you even read the allegations against him before coming here to defend him blindly?

Most people who head Nigerian establishments will not survive when given opportunity to head a multinational corporation where there are strict rules of engagement

In case you don't know Adeshina was busy employing only his friends and cronies and flouting organisational procedures.

He thinks he is still in Nigeria where qualified people should only be given jobs based on man-know-man.

He was also doing the usual over-invoicing Nigerians love to do so that he can get kickbacks.

But of course you will not see that one cos you have accepted corruption a a normal thing hence your blind defence of a compatriot

Nigerians and Africans at large are always quick to play the race card whenever a leader of African extraction is called out by the west for wrongdoing...quite a shame really cos that is the reason why we are the most backward continent on the face of the planet.

I am a full-blooded Nigerian but if Adeshina is found guilty then he should be kicked out!

You need to see beyond unfounded allegations. You are educated no doubt, but probably not smart enough? Past leaders of AFDB who have done worse and even performed woefully were not subjugated to such obnoxious reasons. There is clearly un-african vested interest here. It is only Africans that can save itself and call the bluff of those vested interests.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Abuleoshi: 7:24pm On May 28, 2020
adelaja70:

BUT the investigation carried out by the bank was headed by a Japanese with the support of the national from other countries.. Why is America against it... They are also ganging up against WHO
Japanse people are Saints or what?
If Adesina is innocent, an independent panel will say so. Let's wait and see!
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by VolvoS60(m): 7:35pm On May 28, 2020
grin

Funny thread.

Page after page of fiery but misdirected rhetoric.

Oh the irony. Some Nigerians here who have traditionally reserved their worst treatment for one another have suddenly become ultra-nationalists and pan-Africanists. But their conversion isn't genuine - and therefore it will be short lived. grin

There are important questions which need answers. Not all this pointless flag waving.

Does the law allow an AfDB shareholder to (reject the findings of a board committee and) call for an independent investigation into allegations (anonymously) made against the chief executive? If the rules do allow this, what timeline will be assigned to the investigation? How will the independent investigator be chosen? Will the investigation timeline be brief enough such that Adesina he is exonerated, his bid for re-election will still be feasible? Who gets to decide what will be done with the findings of the investigation?

There are rules in this game.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by frog12: 8:17pm On May 28, 2020
i just watch on tv, the board has already decided to investigate this again. if the man is innocent, then nothing to worry.

i'm worried for the contract he gave his friend oladokun. that can really nail him.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2020
Abuleoshi:

Japanse people are Saints or what?
If Adesina is innocent, an independent panel will say so. Let's wait and see!
See the way graduate dey reason... So the Americans are saints?

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Harmlesspill(m): 9:50pm On May 28, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Exonerated earlier by the the ethics committee of the board of directors of the bank, which Adesina is the President. .

The United States did not level any allegations against him, The US government is only asking for independent probe of allegations leveled against him by whistle-blower.
Are they in any position to ask for probe??
Why are they much concern??
Is America in Africa??
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Tareq1105: 10:00pm On May 28, 2020
NettyNelly:
In life, you reap what you sow. Adesina has no reason to fear if he really performed excellently, cause clear conscience fears no allegations.
Well it's a beautiful day, Do you need a well designed attractive Logo?, check my signature
Have a great day ahead

Why would US be our watch dogs in everything done in Africa?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by greatbuc(m): 10:01pm On May 28, 2020
frog12:
was your aunt corrupt?

no she later got cleared of all allegations. But the damage was done
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Tareq1105: 10:04pm On May 28, 2020
NettyNelly:
In life, you reap what you sow. Adesina has no reason to fear if he really performed excellently, cause clear conscience fears no allegations.
Well it's a beautiful day, Do you need a well designed attractive Logo?, check my signature
Have a great day ahead

Why would US be our watch dogs in everything done in Africa?

Why would US want to dictate over everything?

Very soon, US will tell us to investigate Emefiole, our own CBN governor. Wetin?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by shiwex: 11:57pm On May 28, 2020
MasterKernel:

I like him as a person, but no man chairs his own probe. The right thing is to step down while the investigation is going on. I doubt the findings of the bank ethics committee.

It's a standard practice, you can't chair your own probe.

So who told you he chaired his own probe......Can you read at all

"The committee headed by Takuji Yano, the institution’s Japanese Executive Director charged with the responsibility of investigating the allegations, described as “spurious and unfounded” claims that Mr Adesina violated the code of conduct of the Bank.

The major allegations can be read here.

[url][/url]https://www.theafricareport.com/27758/afdb-whats-in-the-confidential-report-exonerating-adesina/
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Abuleoshi: 12:10am On May 29, 2020
adelaja70:

See the way graduate dey reason... So the Americans are saints?
I tell you say I be graduate?
You wen na graduate no want independent panel to probe your corrupt brother. Useless person!
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by omonnakoda: 12:45am On May 29, 2020
SIRTee15:

A lot of u don't understand what's going here...
its not about the probe, its about the timing of the independent panel...
The election for AFDB president is in August....
If by August, the independent panel hasn't concluded his investigations and clear him....
He can't contest and will be replaced....
The aim of the probe is to prevent him from contesting.....

I'm not exonarating Adesina, this isn't about nationality or anything....
His boardroom game is below par and that's why he's in trouble...

but I want u guys to SEE the real intention of the western nations....
Even if he's cleared after August, he can't come back and game over for him....

There are two purposes to this probe demand
I agree it has to do with stopping him contesting

But also determining the NATURE of the relationship the bank has with the US
One of Master servant . If the bank agrees to this it sets a dangerous precedence.
Last year all the shareholders agreed to increase the capitalization of the bank

This means the US putting in more money and this action is consistent with Trump's foreign policy that anywhere the US puts its money it must control

This is what the Treasury secretary wrote in his letter. We can read between the lines the subtle threat.

This is a serious risk when we need strong confidence in the AfDB to play an influential role in the current global economic and health crisis, and when many shareholders are seeking legislative support for payments under the recently-concluded General Capital Increase."

If his boardroom game was below par he won't have been exonerated

This is not Shell or General Motors

The board is populated by government appointees of the different shareholders there for the agenda of their home government just like the United Nations. The board members do not have any individual agenda . UN representatives vote or veto as ordered
Boardroom game doesn't come into it in a significant way.

His direction of travel is at variance with what the US wants for the next 5 years
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 12:54am On May 29, 2020
Abuleoshi:

I tell you say I be graduate?
You wen na graduate no want independent panel to probe your corrupt brother. Useless person!
YOU ARE INSANE... How's he corrupt?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Babinski: 1:51am On May 29, 2020
iwaeda:

He was exonerated EARLIER, why this probe again?

Because it is easy to compromise Governing Boards in Africa generally. Ibori was acquitted of 107 charges in Nigeria and yet convicted in the UK on less than 30% of the charges!

There is no need to fear any probe if you are innocent. Getting another clean bill of health only adds to your integrity!

It is only in Nigeria and Africa that a probe is always synonymous with ulterior motives and the handiwork of enemies and we have to do everything from raising sentiments to lobbying to kill the probe.

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Vulcan24(m): 3:34am On May 29, 2020
I don't think US accuses leaders just because they don't want u reelected

they might not want u reelected because of wat u av done or planning to do

if we push further we might get details of these accusations and may surprise us.

I hope the man is saying the truth
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by BigIyanga: 3:40am On May 29, 2020
Typical Naija attitude of playing an emotional victim? Why is he the 1st to be investigated us US and Nordic countries? Myopic Nigerians think that our torelance for corruption and self-enrichment is applicable in other climes?? NOPE
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by SavageResponse(m): 4:57am On May 29, 2020
DexterousOne:

You and your types here clearly do not understand the game these Westerners are playing

And it's a big shame

Africans eh undecided

Where were you when your foolish African leaders allowed Europeans and Americans to secure interests in an African owned bank?!

1 Like

Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Abuleoshi: 12:34pm On May 29, 2020
adelaja70:

YOU ARE INSANE... How's he corrupt?
Wait and see.
I will remind you when the independent panel comes up with their findings!
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 1:05pm On May 29, 2020
Abuleoshi:

Wait and see.
I will remind you when the independent panel comes up with their findings!
Which Yeye report? White slave
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Cantonese: 5:07pm On May 29, 2020
Two reasons for this victimisation:

1. He is a Nigerian and Nigerians are not trusted worldwide.

2. Racism. He is not French and the French want to keep manipulating Africa through their former colonies.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by kafeii123: 7:33pm On May 29, 2020
SavageResponse:

There's a difference between intelligence/knowledge and Wisdom. if you're looking at Adesina there....as Adesina, then this your viewpoint is soo on point and correct. However, the people who are intent on removing him are not doing so... Rather, they're seeing him as Nigeria, not just Adesina... so removing him ...is removing proud and egotistic Nigeria from the game and giving them the chance to implant another person who will serve their own interest.

Hnece in judging this matter properly, you need to broaden your view from seeing just Adesina to seeing Adesina as Nigeria in AfDB.... if you do that, you will join Obasanjo and Hajia Zainab in insisting that the bank should adhere to their own rule which mandataes that the AfDB president can only be probed by the bank's ethics committee. Most of those he helped into the bank are Nigerians, many of the grants he awarded were to Nigeria. The funds were part of those which have helped to shore up CBN's dollar reserves and stabilised the naira from plummetting totally like bloomberg and other western media were expecting during the lockdown and oil price slump.

When you see that, you'll pray to God he remains on the post except if another Nigerian will be replacing him there.

This is why yoruba's hate this lawyer that assisted shagari into power against awolowo ... the so called lawyer was being intelligent, rather than wise. In a bid to promote his intelligence, he destroyed the yoruba's regional drive for growth.

There's this popular adage that you first need to support your hen and chase the snake away before you return to reprimand your hen about going into thick bush (which is the snake's lair) to forage for food.
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by kafeii123: 7:35pm On May 29, 2020
Cantonese:
Two reasons for this victimisation:

1. He is a Nigerian and Nigerians are not trusted worldwide.

2. Racism. He is not French and the French want to keep manipulating Africa through their former colonies.

This too is true @cantonese .... But are you really cantonese? like.... chinese?
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by Abuleoshi: 2:31pm On May 30, 2020
adelaja70:

Which Yeye report? White slave
Who is this wild brown monkey??
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by adelaja70(m): 4:29pm On May 30, 2020
Abuleoshi:

Who is this wild brown monkey??
White Pig
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by greatbuc(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2020
frog12:
was your aunt corrupt?

the same thing he is accused of.. She was exonerated and I know he will too but I knew this was going to happen to him.. She is such a good woman to allow anyone rubbish her
Re: AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina by omonnakoda: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
BigIyanga:
Typical Naija attitude of playing an emotional victim? Why is he the 1st to be investigated us US and Nordic countries? Myopic Nigerians think that our torelance for corruption and self-enrichment is applicable in other climes?? NOPE
Igbos showing love since 1900
Yorubas will show Obi the same love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Amaechi Says He Is Not Contesting For Presidency / Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects / Chineye Amaechi Is Dead! Victor Oye's Daughter Dies Of Typhoid And Malaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.