Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,884 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:57 PM

Bia-africa | We Remember - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bia-africa | We Remember (707 Views)

"In South Africa, We Are All Igbos" / As We Remember, Never To Forget By Charles Ogbu / Lagos APC Violence: We Remember How Funsho Williams Was Killed -PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bia-africa | We Remember by GeorgesDiary(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2020
When I was much younger, I was a staunch pro-Biafra, I was interested in everything Biafra, the Igbo History and our relationship with mostly non-Igbo speaking tribes around South-South. My Dad had a Biafran flag in his room and we believed that someday, there will be a nation called Biafra.

Biafra for us was the only hope for a part of Nigeria that has always been marginalized, a part of Nigeria that truly represents industrialisation, a part of Nigeria that has consistently put the nation on the world map with records… That is Biafra.

I remember a certain time a family friend from Edo brought her young child to spend the holiday with us, he was so fond of me and was always with me. He usually hears me say “Biafra” and one day he asked me “what is Biafra?”

“Biafra is the name of a country” I replied.

He was a very smart boy whose brain stays in a different level than his age. “Nigeria means Niger area, what is the meaning of Biafra?” He asked. I didn’t think twice to give him an answer, I have always had my own meaning of Biafra even before I read about Bight of Biafra which was renamed for political reasons.

I looked at him, smiled and responded “Biafra is coined from an Igbo word. ‘Bia’ means ‘come’ and ‘fra” stands for ‘Africa’. Biafra means Bia-Africa”

He doesn’t understand Igbo but he grabbed it since Bia is a very popular word even beyond Nigeria. “So, it means come to Africa?” He asked and I affirmed. “But why?” He asked me.

“You see…” I carried him on my laps, I was in my early teens age then “Biafra is the home of light, this is where the sun rises and the sun is a star… Biafra is the home of stars. If given opportunity, Biafra will become a place every human will desire to be.” He was excited and I continued “So, when we say Biafra, we are saying ‘come to Africa and see…'”

Our discussion didn’t stop there. I told him the little I knew about Biafra, I told him the puppet Biafran state called Republic of Benin, a state that lasted for only one day; this is right where he was born.

He got even more excited and he declared “Bia-Africa! I am a Biafran!”. His stay with us was full of memories, we kept talking about Biafra till he went back home. I haven’t seen him after then but I know this is an experience he won’t forget his entire life even if it gets faintly.

When his mother took him back to Benin, she called my Mum and asked “what happened to my Son? You can’t have a single discussion with him without the mention of Biafra and Bia-Africa….” I never knew it would get to that but someone has caught the same fire and love for a country that only exists in our minds at the moment.

The thing about Biafra is contagious. It isn’t called the land of the rising sun for nothing! Talk about sun and you talk about fire! Talk about sun and you remember it is the prominent star, beaming on earth and having full control.

While I may be at odds with how the actualization is being sort for by some people, we all can agree at one thing…. Do all you can, try and keep trying but Biafra is a force that you can’t ignore.

Hate it or love it, there is a nation called Biafra, it remains the hope of Nigeria, the Hope of Africa and maybe, the Hope of the Black people! It beckons!

At least, for now, it thrives in our hearts.

For those who laid their lives for the sake of Biafra without asking so much questions, we remember.

My name is George and I write at George's Diary

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 30, 2020
Up Biafra

1 Like

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 30, 2020
Who will remember the minorities they killed during the Biafra war, Biafran soldiers executed thousands of minorities men and raped their wives and tortured their children, when are we going to remember them?
#weremember

3 Likes

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by donyfrank: 9:06pm On May 30, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Who will remember the minorities they killed during the Biafra war, Biafran soldiers executed thousands of minorities men and raped their wives and tortured their children, when are we going to remember them?
#weremember
Are they Biafrans? If yes, then, they are among the heros.
They are among those We remember today.
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 30, 2020
donyfrank:

Are they Biafrans? If yes, then, they are among the heros.
They are among those We remember today.
if they are not Biafran?
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Justice35: 9:38pm On May 30, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
#weremember
yea you are right biafran soldiers opened fire on innocent civilians in asaba and massacred not less than 2 thousand vibrant armless young men....biafran soldiers are evil,even recently they invaded delta village and slaughtered hundreds of villagers..... Very wicked people indeed.
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 30, 2020
Justice35:
yea you are right biafran soldiers opened fire on innocent civilians in asaba and massacred not less than 2 thousand vibrant armless young men....biafran soldiers are evil,even recently they invaded delta village and slaughtered hundreds of villagers..... Very wicked people indeed.

Why were Biafran soldiers attacked and lynched by the minorities in Asaba? undecided I've proof to back it up In case you lie
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by donyfrank: 11:30pm On May 30, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
if they are not Biafran?
Are they Biafrans?
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Justice35: 7:15am On May 31, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Why were Biafran soldiers attacked and lynched by the minorities in Asaba? undecided I've proof to back it up In case you lie
you don't need to prove any thing to me,we are saying same thing,biafran soldiers are wicked, in 2007 they even bombed odi, some where in Niger Delta..... They are heartless, they(the biafran soldiers) even killed adaka boro and ken saro wiwa.......very heartless people, they kept polluting the environment of the Niger deltans with oil spillage, recently the biafran troops chased tompolo into exile.
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by GeorgesDiary(m): 7:28am On May 31, 2020
Justice35:
you don't need to prove any thing to me,we are saying same thing,biafran soldiers are wicked, in 2007 they even bombed odi, some where in Niger Delta..... They are heartless, they(the biafran soldiers) even killed adaka boro and ken saro wiwa.......very heartless people, they kept polluting the environment of the Niger deltans with oil spillage, recently the biafran troops chased tompolo into exile.

Hmmm.... Powerful truths hidden in sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 8:37am On May 31, 2020
Justice35:

You're trying to lie your way out, stop it

2 Likes

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by kingzizzy: 8:45am On May 31, 2020
Nigeria is a miserable failure of a country and I hope Biafra emerges so that the people can have hope
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Justice35: 9:16am On May 31, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

You're trying to lie your way out, stop it
where is the lie We are saying same thing, biafran soldiers even conspired against goodluck Jonathan in 2015 and handed power over to buhari, even when buhari tried to clean up ogoni land in 2015 biafran troop stopped him from doing it,the biafran soldiers have polluted all the waters and land in Niger delta to an extent that the villagers can no longer farm or fish in their region,the biafran troops tried stopping the Niger deltan amnesty program in 2015,,,,,the asaba massacre by biafran troops during the war is still fresh in our memory.

1 Like

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Unseen(m): 9:37am On May 31, 2020
Justice35:
where is the lie We are saying same thing, biafran soldiers even conspired against goodluck Jonathan in 2015 and handed power over to buhari, even when buhari tried to clean up ogoni land in 2015 biafran troop stopped him from doing it,the biafran soldiers have polluted all the waters and land in Niger delta to an extent that the villagers can no longer farm or fish in their region,the biafran troops tried stopping the Niger deltan amnesty program in 2015,,,,,the asaba massacre by biafran troops during the war is still fresh in our memory.

Your Sarcasm is top notch

1 Like

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 31, 2020
Justice35:

I can see how stupid you are.....

So those soldiers obasanjo sent to odi are biafrans?
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2020
Justice35:
Not only that Biafra troops gassed 6 million jews in Europe in world war 2 and also dropped atomic bombs in Japan.In fact they committed genocides as recorded in the Bible because their God ordered them to do so since they're his choosen ones undecided
I guess if this was a court case,this is how you'll try acquiting yourself,by narrating to the judge other people's crime.
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Justice35: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2020
Xavfra:

I can see how stupid you are.....

So those soldiers obasanjo sent to odi are biafrans?

lolzzzz bro it's just a sarcasm......... The guy knew what I was saying.
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Justice35: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Not only that Biafra troops gassed 6 million jews in Europe in world war 2 and also dropped atomic bombs in Japan.In fact they committed genocides as recorded in the Bible because their God ordered them to do so since they're his choosen ones undecided
I guess if this was a court case,this is how you'll try acquiting yourself,by narrating to the judge other people's crime.
I'm just being sarcastic bro...
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 01, 2020
Justice35:
lolzzzz bro it's just a sarcasm......... The guy knew what I was saying.

Then I apologise....sorry embarassed
I kindly offer my apologies
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by NNWAGOD: 11:46am On Jun 01, 2020
I REMEMBER THE BOOK TITLED: IN BIAFRA AFRICA DIED. BUT I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT BIAFRA IS HERE. THERE IS NOTHING ANY MAN OR ENTITY CAN DO TO STOP IT THIS TIME AROUND. ELOHIM HAS SO DECREED. HENCE I REPHRASE THAT IN BIAFRA AFRICA HAS RISEN.
Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Justice35: 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Xavfra:

Then I apologise....sorry embarassed
I kindly offer my apologies
its OK bro..

1 Like

Re: Bia-africa | We Remember by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Justice35:
its OK bro..

Thank you so much....

(1) (Reply)

13nigerian States Are Broke, Lack Revenue Capacity To Fund Recurrent Expenditure / Foregoe your constituency, have your rights denied / Why Is Buhari Not Saying Anything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.