Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,664 members, 7,962,154 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:17 AM

Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. (6408 Views)

President Buhari's Convoy Leaving The Defence House Yesterday. Photos / I'm Leaving The GEJ Train Today / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by buzugee(m): 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

NO, you are not. Stop thinking all of Nigeria and America thinks as you do. Stick to spewing your opinion, as just that, YOUR opinion, which for the most part continues to ignore reality.
you know contrary to what yall may think, this actually is not an attack on women. i am simply advising the unhappy girl to return home after getting enough money to buy house. maybe this is her souls way of telling her that her breakthrough is in naija. you know it is not by force to remain in another mans land right ? contrary to what all these nigerian expatriates may say. life is only 1. NO DUPLICATE. if she thinks her happiness is in naija why are yall forcing her to stay where she feels like she does not belong ? misery loves company
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by buzugee(m): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2011
and the same age thing applies to men too so this aint a one sided attack now. while our mates, us men that is, are in naija getting married and having kids at the age of 25 and being responsible, those of us in england  are still running up and down to clubs and hustling and not marrying or having kids at all. thats what life abroad does to ya. when your neck is caught in that noose called the credit system, its like a hamster in a wheel. you keep running and running and completely forget your humanity. it is what it is. life abroad aint for everybody.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by buzugee(m): 12:33am On Jan 22, 2011
so OP do not listen to any of these armchair psychoanalysts, psychologists, psychiatrists, mind benders and pseudo-soothsayers. go in search of your happiness in nigeria BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE do not leave america until you have enough money to buy a small house for yourself in nigeria. dunno what house prices are like in nigeria but i am assuming you should be able to get a bungalow for 40 thousand dollars. so try to make some more money. do overtime or whatever it takes to get that money. then go off in search of your happiness.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by isalegan2: 1:27am On Jan 22, 2011
buzugee:

lmao you know my intention was not to be misogynistic. i am speaking from experience. i have family members who are female in exactly the same predicament. middle aged, no kids, living alone, in america, and not too happy but dont want to go to nigeria for fear of the unknown. (extended not nuclear family)

yeah yeah no prob whatev carry on can't fight with you right now badagry. i'm too stupefied by what am seeing below. shocked who'd a thunk it? kobojunkie may not be a robot but an actual person with feelings afterall. i'll be doggone! smiley

Kobojunkie:

@Poster, there is a better Job market in the US today than you will be able to find in Nigeria for the next 20 years to come. Remember a couple of months ago when Stadiums around the country, Nigeria were filled to bursting with people paying N1500 to apply for jobs with the Drug Agency?

@Poster, I suggest you USE YOUR HEAD. For those of us from other countries, there is that notion that we have a place to go back to, and this is true but we also tend to forget what brought us out in the first place.[b] For years, I too felt nothing was going to work for me here, and that I needed to head back to Nigeria. I literally walked around with this gloomy outlook for years, until I started working on seeing that around me, and only then was I, not only able to get the right answers for my situation but solutions. [/b]So, thank God you are here, now, if you can, network with others who are already here to to see if you can find that one person who has been through what you are going through now and come out victorious in the end. If you are dealing with Immigration stress, I can tell you that only a couple of weeks ago, a lady, who had been illegal for about 8 years, finally got her green card. Another one, who had been trying for over a decade, got hers late last year, and this was after a lawyer in Nigeria helped her with the processing and directions she needed. I am not myself familiar with the struggle and how hard it is but if you are in similar situation, I could get you the information for these and many others who could maybe advice you on a thing or two you may not know now.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by ekubear1: 1:36am On Jan 22, 2011
^-- I am a big fan of @Kobojunkie. She is extremely weird and fixated on some strange things, but overall a nice person. Very likely a heart of gold.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 1:43am On Jan 22, 2011
^^^^

She sounds like someone who believes in miracles in that quote from Isale_gan2

Very interesting!
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by isalegan2: 2:00am On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- I am a big fan of @Kobojunkie. She is extremely weird and fixated on some strange things, but overall a nice person. Very likely a heart of gold.

fstranger1:

^^^^

She sounds like someone who believes in miracles in that quote from Isale_gan2

Very interesting!

Not a fan.  Always sounds like she hates Nigeria and black people.  I don't read her posts.

Hey. Am contemplating taking this guy out with my bare hands. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=590541.msg7579955#msg7579955
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 2:09am On Jan 22, 2011
isale_gan2:

Not a fan. Always sounds like she hates Nigeria and black people. I don't read her posts.
Hey. Am contemplating taking this guy out with my bare hand

Please go ahead!

That guy is definitely high on 3-day old kunu! grin
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by ekubear1: 2:09am On Jan 22, 2011
isale_gan2:

Not a fan.  Always sounds like she hates Nigeria and black people.  I don't read her posts.

It is an almost passive-aggressive sort of love. Like I said, she is extremely weird, but means well.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 2:13am On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

It is an almost passive-aggressive sort of love. Like I said, she is extremely weird, but means well.

Dont think so

She seems conservative and probably religious in nature.

I have no doubt that she believes every crap she types.

You need to be around people like her to know why a lot of people dislike her on NL.

She seems like your typical wicked grandmother who shows up to dinner uninvited and would scold you harsher than necessary should you look at her the wrong way.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by isalegan2: 2:15am On Jan 22, 2011
fstranger1:

Please go ahead!

That guy is definitely high on 3-day old kunu! grin

Am glad you approve.

eku_bear:

You my dear can go sit in acorner.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by ekubear1: 2:45am On Jan 22, 2011
isale_gan2:

grin grin grin
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Jan 22, 2011
buzugee:

you know contrary to what yall may think, this actually is not an attack on women. i am simply advising the unhappy girl to return home after getting enough money to buy house. maybe this is her souls way of telling her that her breakthrough is in naija. you know it is not by force to remain in another mans land right ? contrary to what all these nigerian expatriates may say. life is only 1. NO DUPLICATE. if she thinks her happiness is in naija why are yall forcing her to stay where she feels like she does not belong ? misery loves company

I never stated it was an attack on women. I posited that your THEORIES were not based on facts but fantasies. Those same lies were peddled back when I was a young-ling -- possibly spread to frighten Nigerians from marrying outside of their group, and maybe by inconsiderate parents who want grand children(who knows). There are more men than women in Nigeria, according to numbers gathered by, I believe Health orgs in the country, and more and more single parents.
In the west, you have more and more people choosing to wait longer to settle down and this crosses across races. Instead you are here spreading baseless lies of how culture this and that as if the same CULTURE you speak of has been able to provide a solution for the many Nigerian living in NIgeria today and still searching for mates, in a society where there is still a stigma attached to women and men who do not marry by a certain age.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by olaolabiy: 3:11am On Jan 22, 2011
isale_gan2:

Am glad you approve.

fstranger1:

Dont think so

She seems conservative and probably religious in nature.

I have no doubt that she believes every crap she types.

You need to be around people like her to know why a lot of people dislike her on NL.

She seems like your typical wicked grandmother who shows up to dinner uninvited and would scold you harsher than necessary should you look at her the wrong way.

I don't like the way you make jest of Kobo. Please, stop.

She makes her point without abuse and discusses issues.

Please, guys.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 3:12am On Jan 22, 2011
^^^^

Thank God madam Kobo is back!

I was really worried about you!

I am glad you are alright. i did not read your post as usual. Just seeing you post is enough to make my cold go away!

Hope you had a nice time with Mr. Kobojunkie?
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by isalegan2: 3:39am On Jan 22, 2011
ola olabiy:

I don't like the way you make jest of Kobo. Please, stop.

She makes her point without abuse and discusses issues.

Please, guys.

I did not make fun of her.  I stated my opinion.  The other line you're looking at I was actually talking about a post in another thread.  Read my post well.

My only interaction with her was twice - one mindless and personal attack, one other which I didn't really mind.  But my general opinion is from reading her posts which at this time I rarely ever ever do.  No hard feelings.

I've given my advice to the OP and I'm done for now. smiley
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 3:41am On Jan 22, 2011
isale_gan2:

I did not make fun of her.  I stated my opinion.  The other line you're looking at I was actually talking about a post in another thread.  Read my post well.

My only interaction with her was twice - one mindless and personal attack, one other which I didn't really mind.  But my general opinion is from reading her posts which at this time I rarely ever ever do.  No hard feelings.

You ve got time

There is no need whatsoever justifying your stand/firm opinion to any one.

Simply ignoring that guy would have been enough!
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

eku_bear:

Gbam!!
You be real Ekiti boy, you make me proud kiss kiss
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by olaolabiy: 3:46am On Jan 22, 2011
isale_gan2:

I did not make fun of her. I stated my opinion. The other line you're looking at I was actually talking about a post in another thread. Read my post well.

My only interaction with her was twice - one mindless and personal attack, one other which I didn't really mind. But my general opinion is from reading her posts which at this time I rarely ever ever do. No hard feelings.

You are a darling. Thanks as you adhere.

fstranger1:

You ve got time

There is no need whatsoever justifying your stand/firm opinion to any one.

Simply ignoring that guy would have been enough!

Are you saying you don't want to change. You know I somehow like you. Don't let me change my mind oo.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by ekubear1: 4:25am On Jan 22, 2011
@Ileke-IdI: You are making me blush! grin
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 4:29am On Jan 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Gbam!!
Y[b]ou be real Ekiti boy[/b], you make me proud  kiss kiss

Even though he has never eaten Iyan and egusi with his dirty bare hands, let alone pound the shyyt out of 'isu ewura?'

And he prolly does not know how to pronounce 'ule'

Ileke, i think you are high on 'morning after pill'
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by ekubear1: 4:33am On Jan 22, 2011
@fstranger1:

Wtf is ule? I barely know Yoruba, not to talk of Ekiti dialect.

100% correct, I eat pounded yam with a fork  grin grin grin Even my little sisters born here eat it with their hands. I'm weird!
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

@fstranger1:

100% correct, I eat pounded yam with a fork  grin grin grin Even my little sisters born here eat it with their hands. I'm weird!

I take back my ekiti boy compliment angry angry

So you dont know that Ekiti so almost very diff from Yoruba? "Ile" in Yoruba is "Ule" in Ekiti. Like Isu = usu. Our dialect is too sexy for Yoruba gan sef. lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 4:36am On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

@fstranger1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you are in trouble with ileke
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by SEFAGO(m): 4:40am On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

@fstranger1:

Ignore them joor, I eat pounded yam too with a fork. Lots of Nigerians do.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 4:46am On Jan 22, 2011
SEFAGO:

Ignore them joor, I eat pounded yam too with a fork. Lots of Nigerians do.

You call that Pounded yam?

Who is talking about that crap you eat in obodo-oyinbo

I am talking about the real deal prepared the old-fashioned way, see below:

Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by ekubear1: 4:47am On Jan 22, 2011
@Ileke-IdI: I DO know that they are different. I cannot understand what the people say in my village when they speak hardcore Ekiti, lol! I just not my head.

Yoruba I understand 90% of, Ekiti I don't have an ear for.

@SEFAGO: I just don't like getting messy when I'm eating. And getting stew all over the cup, etc. Just makes me enjoy my food less if I'm eating with anything other than a fork. I'm a very finicky eater. I hate eating rice with spoons, for example.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 4:48am On Jan 22, 2011
^^^^

@ Eku_Bear:

Can you do what those ladies are doing?

I bet you cant!

Wanna bet?

Not even wimpy SEFAGO can do that?
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 22, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/380900_pY_jpg4fcf62f115ce92f2138ceb4b8849e7ff

mu heheheh grin grin Those lil boys in the corner. . . . SEFAGO and fstranger looking for free yam  grin

eku_bear:

@Ileke-IdI: I DO know that they are different. I cannot understand what the people say in my village when they speak hardcore Ekiti, lol! I just not my head.

@SEFAGO: I just don't like getting messy when I'm eating. And getting stew all over the cup, etc. Just makes me enjoy my food less if I'm eating with anything other than a fork. I'm a very finicky eater. I hate eating rice with spoons, for example.

Plz, who is this ajebutta? eat iyan with fork, doesnt understand Ekiti?

SMH embarassed embarassed
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by fstranger1: 4:51am On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

So how do you eat your rice?

.   .  .  drinking it after pounding it to a pulp? cheesy
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by oldbende: 4:54am On Jan 22, 2011
I thank all of you for your contributions, after reading your posts I have changed my mind to remain in the states, this forum have help me resolve one of of the most controversial issue in my life, moreover I'm a guy not a girl .

Once again I appreciate your contributions.
Re: Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. by SEFAGO(m): 4:59am On Jan 22, 2011
Not even wimpy SEFAGO can do that?

Nah thats why i am saving up for ileke-idis bride price.

mu heheheh Grin Grin Those lil boys in the corner. . . . SEFAGO and fstranger looking for free yam

Funny right now, I would give anything to be those boys. I miss real pounded yam so much. I am obviously the one in front, I have the bigger head, which indicates I am smarter, and I then i have my bowl ready while fstranger is too slow to figure out that the food is nearly ready for consumption and is stunned by seeing a camera for the first time.

No one in my family uses their hands anyways. So all of us were brought up using forks. Its rare in lagos to see people using their hands. fstranger is from the  village so his experiences might be different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria / Brief Expose On Bola Ahmed Tinubu / General Yakubu Gowon and the Late Emir of Kano Ado Bayero in 1972(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.