Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,901 members, 7,976,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:09 AM

Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos (47037 Views)

Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines / FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by escohido123: 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
If face mask is not helping matters I see no reason why we should be choking ourselves all in the name of preventing the spread of the virus.
Upon say people dey wear mask the number dey increase.
I no wear mask again make una come catch me

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Ajibel(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
Inspiration2017:
Lagos without God will soon crumble

Atheists nations are yet to crumble

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by dederocs(m): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Your body is the temple of God.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Goke7: 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
8stargeneral:
And u don't think that reopening of church will add more, people are going out to find what they will eat, are they sharing money or food in d church?
Help me ask them o
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Goke7: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Governor should tread carefully with this so he doesn't cause more harm to Lagos...

The Governor should seek for Spirtual guidance from The Servants of GOD on this.

GOD is not Happy with this. His House should be opened!

You are not serious, go and open your church nah
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
lmao seems this institutions are of no use at the moment
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Moz22: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
eleojo23:
Can this government just agree that the lockdown thing has failed?

This makes no sense.
Large number of people have been gathering in markets and pushing themselves in bus stops in Lagos everyday since they eased the lockdown. What is church gathering compared to that?

Corona has spread round Lagos and beyond. We should just be thankful that it is only causing mild symptoms which many people are treating at home.
my point exactly.. how many hours will can a church service possibly last?

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Goke7: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
mikeaims:
Anyone comparing opening market with opening churches needs to have his head checked.
Churches has no economic benefits but so kind of emotional benefits.
Even if the people contact d virus via markets, it better than go to church and infect urselves thereby insulting ur God.
lastly, once religious centres are opened, many covid19 patients will abscond from the isolation cemntres to visit their fraudulent healing houses endangering more lives.
For now worship ur God in ur homes. remember that
God is everywhere at the same time

Don't mind them, comparing the house of God to an ordinary market
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Moz22: 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
AllenSpencer:
Commendable!
and what the Bleep is commendable about what has been done

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by brainfordetails: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
They should not be reopened until necessary guidelines are put in place. Even the worship centers should be converted to isolation centers.

Who says you can't worship God in the comfort of your house?
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Funmitybose(f): 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
Please Mr governor let's also look into education also to help our tomorrow's leader.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Proudlytips: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Oh
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by mechanics(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
The cases are increasing everyday in Lagos.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
They are calling a Muslim prayer in my Area now tho... cool
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by foreshore(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by ud4u: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
eleojo23:

This makes no sense.
Large number of people have been gathering in markets and pushing themselves in bus stops in Lagos everyday since they eased the lockdown. What is church gathering compared to that?

Corona has spread round Lagos and beyond. We should just be thankful that it is only causing mild symptoms which many people are treating at home.

Exactly
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by byinks(f): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Governor should tread carefully with this so he doesn't cause more harm to Lagos...

The Governor should seek for Spirtual guidance from The Servants of GOD on this.

GOD is not Happy with this. His House should be opened!

It's really funny... He needs to take other counsel.

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by SeniorGee(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
I am certain the religious centers are within controlled environments and therefore more organised than even the markets that are open. They should stop all this hypocrisy jare. Assuming they will make money from these places now them for don open am shap shap. Church/Mosque vs Mile 12/ Onyigbo/ Balogun where are you more likely to catch koro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Blazebond(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
For Lagos Una go enter brt bus without social distance,go queue for banks and banks atm without social distance,crowd unaselves for markets without social distance waka for road without social distance,but when e reach church and mosque matter,Una go carry am for head say nobody must go church or mosque. Na Una know o,as far as i must chop physical food by going to an overcrowded market,i will also go to church for my spiritual food,GOD first for me o,all other things are secondary,na only me know Wetin i don see for this life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by afomatt: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
eleojo23:

This makes no sense.

Yes na true
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Tywo2018: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good question the LASG still maintains the status quo due to increase in cases of Covid 19 in the state.
highmood:
Am waiting to hear how business should operate. Is it now everyday or the status quo remains. That is my concern

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by 3kay945(m): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
eleojo23:

This makes no sense.

Verily verily ,you said it all. True talk!
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by 3kay945(m): 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
seunfly:
When one pastor off Kudirat Abiola way is already speaking grammar in anticipation of openings of Church.

grin grin
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Alexdube123: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
I don't understand, but theirs no difference in population between church and market.

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Emmacolinho(m): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
For una pocket we don start church since yesterday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by sykeng(m): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tigson:
D Church is d only restraining force of evil in any nation, so if d church is not allowed to pray co-operately against d covid-19 den expect d virus to linger a litle wile.

Lolllllllll, but we have been praying , yet we experience the outbreak.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by neonly: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
eleojo23:

This makes no sense.

I tell you the cash out they are receiving they sweet dem
is not easy let go a honey well grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Taiwojon(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Alexdube123: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
neonly:

I tell you the cash out they are receiving they sweet dem
is not easy let go a honey well grin
[color=#990000][quote author=neonly post=90245977]

as in eh
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
All of una wey dey cry here, which kyne church una won go with face mask. una no go sing, go out for offering, no shaking/ hugging, 6feet spacing, 1hr 30 minutes service, temp check, sanitizer, use of toilet sef fear go catch you....

why not use yr wisdom to attend online service??
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Jostoman: 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Goke7:

Don't mind them, comparing the house of God to an ordinary market
even your governor himself knows that he is scamming us with his covid-419

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by gift2xl: 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
Some people are not happy about the news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / I Want To Win Guinness World Records With My Beautiful Shrine - Herbalist Brags / Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.