Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,463 members, 7,897,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (61914 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Smilingjuhn(m): 1:09am On Jun 04, 2020
truthsayer009:

So which profession or career path are you right now?

What do you also mean by Doctors who have upgraded themselves? I am just curious.

I will communicate with you via email regarding career path/profession
Upgraded Doctors are those that did post graduate programmes and passed them. With their new qualifications, they earn more than the regular Doctors.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Smilingjuhn(m): 1:11am On Jun 04, 2020
ilemona4u:
just sent a mail sir(adazeez1995@gmail.com) Am also in a similar position . thanks
. Ok
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.
Having a carryover doesn't stop you from being an intelligent lad....the way you narrated your story made me believe you can still do better.

But you have to tell your parents because hiding it from them may put you into bigger problem.Continue with your new course and aim for a first class or a very strong 2.1 to prove your intelligence....

If after graduation you still have passion for medicine and surgery, just write jamb again and go for a second degree.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 04, 2020
Smilingjuhn:

I will communicate with you via email regarding career path/profession
Upgraded Doctors are those that did post graduate programmes and passed them. With their new qualifications, they earn more than the regular Doctors.

Great! I shall look forward to your email.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by AmbFitsaint(m): 1:30am On Jun 04, 2020
Well. I know a friend who got withdrawn in 300/400L from my medical school and he reapplied for jamb again . He is in UNILAG studying medicine now

U can reapply into other schools

It is not over until it is over

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by e10nzy(m): 1:34am On Jun 04, 2020
In my uni, a D in any course sends you out of medicine at 100 level
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Scandinavian02: 1:37am On Jun 04, 2020
One of my greatest motivations to becoming a Reverend Father was that immediately I gained admission into the seminary, people in the village, at the farm and market square started calling my mother MAMA FATHER. So why would I bring reproach and shame to her to be withdrawn from Iperu-Remo ?

Dust yourself up and try again!

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by PROPHETmichael: 1:43am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

The bolded is where your problem started.

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by AugustusA1(m): 1:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Hi Uche, try and be swift about this pls... The longer you wait telling them the more burden it will be on you and on them. Do yourself and your parent favor by telling ASAP. I had similar experience bro 2007, exact 100L. But that doesn't mean you didn't do well. Actually, my 100L CGPA was above 4.0, but the rule at that time was, never get a D grade in any sciences. Some students had straight C with few B or A with less than 3.5CGPA and they scale through but I had like 6 or 7A, I think 1B no C but got a D but got kicked out of Mbbs. I summoned the courage to let them know and today I am glad I am still a practitioner in US.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by BarristerAlarig: 1:50am On Jun 04, 2020
amuwo1980:

Can u repeat the year? If not just go ahead and move to engineering. You will be happy u did . Let me tell u a story maybe that will help u , I went to 2 medical schools and still did not qualify As a medical dr , I graduate with a Bsc in one of the physical sciences and later moved to the USA , am now a physician assistant in orthopedics and very fulfilled , tell your folks , don’t fool around , pray and ask God to reveal his plans for you to you and Shepard you to it. You will be fine , I have been here before

A PA on nairaland? That is so cool. May I ask how you feel about NPs?

Are you under an MD/DO or a DPM? How much can you do without supervision?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by olusegxz: 2:04am On Jun 04, 2020
Hi firstly what I want to tell you is time heals all wounds and sometimes you do not know the plans God has for you. I am a doctor and I practise in Australia. I trained in the College of Medicine Unilag. Firstly except you are over motivated to be a doctor trust me there are a lot more career opportunities better than being a doctor. It is a noble but strenuous profession. So don't think it is end. Let me tell you a short story. In my 300 level what we call part 2, I have 5 resit examination at once. People told me to forget medicine that I can never pass 5 resits at once. A friend who had just 1 resit encouraged me greatly, made me believe I could do it. We were reading constantly no sleep. I mean constant TDB (till day break) for 6 weeks. The exams came I did my best. Result came to my greatest shock I passed. But now the shocker. My friend who had 1 resit failed. Nobody could believe it. This guy is brilliant I mean he thought ALL of us. We even petitioned for his script to be remarked. He was devastated. He lost his faith would not eat. I tried to encourage him. He was given a limited offer to switch to microbiology or wait a year fighting the results that may still turn out the same afterwards. He took microbiology. Anyway he went on and got a first class in microbiology. His starting career was as a pioneer researcher in biofuels for chevron. He got the job before we finished medical school (true story). Because he had done 3 years in medicine before he was withdrawn he had to do only 2 years in micro to finish. While we had 4 more years in med school. This guy used to 'stop by' to give us money. His first job gave him a brand new discovery II then, that time he was one of the first person driving that car in Lagos. Well now 10 years later he is head of natural gas in chevron (Africa and middle east), is a part of the management board of opec and consults for nnpc regularly. He is without a doubt the most successful of us all despite most of us being doctors in developed countries. Sometimes we joke and wonder how his life would have been if he remained in medicine. Bottom line if God says no don't be disheartened, keep your faith, whatever you do or find yourself go there and Excel. And tell your parents. If you need any other advice feel free to dm me. All the best in anywhere life puts you.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by multiple4u: 2:08am On Jun 04, 2020
Contact me, I will help you with admission to the Philippines for medical school.
In Philippines, you will definitely pass, if you put in same effort like you stated.

It might not be your fault that you failed.

I have a true life story to tell you.

During WAEC in 2004, a guy that knew very well was among those who are in charge of the exam sheets. Could you believe I was there when his toddler picked up one of the students exam sheets and tore it into half. I must tell you, some people are careless. I was so young to realize what had happened. Not until I grow up, I realize that was someone's future right there. Some people never got their results without knowing what happened. They will just give you F-9. Then you will become so confused because you thought Mathematics was your best subject.

From what you just said, I believe you are a very smart student. You were able to recognize what your parents are passing through. Don't be hard on yourself, this life get as e be. Nobody understands it. Maybe God is preparing something better for you. You must not be a Dr. To be rich.
Tell them, find a way to come up with something as a back up plan to help them cope with the sad news. You should think about something that will give them hope.
Good luck young man!

sagna112:

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by armadeo(m): 2:14am On Jun 04, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level

Leave am make e dey talk there.

Unless the pattern has changed you can carryover a course to year two.

Also the dont do biology its botany and zoology. Again unless the pattern has changed.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by armadeo(m): 2:15am On Jun 04, 2020
Period007:
U cannot be withdrawn after spending just a year and failing just one course.
I don't believe this ur story yet

Front page news for traffic.

The lie sweet well well

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Chinwe4real(f): 2:16am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

I can't think straight for now sir.. until I inform my parent on what has happened

Happy birthday dear.

Meanwhile, I'd advise you not to tell your parents on phone. Go home, and talk to them one on one.

You'll be fine.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Oluwahelpme(m): 2:24am On Jun 04, 2020
Education is overrated. The richest people in the world are not medical doctors, nether the most brilliant students in school. The earlier u know this, the better for u.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by damilola1978: 2:28am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

wait o is there no option for resit?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by JAZIK(m): 2:38am On Jun 04, 2020
chief, I am a 500l medical student in a federal uni. I have many friends with such traumatic experience Boss,tell ur parents, THEN PICK A NEW JAMB FORM. . u are still very very young. don't go and destroy ur life o. give the jamb your everything.
God will see u through. I don't know how u can message me, Myt be of help.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Philadelphia: 2:41am On Jun 04, 2020
olusegxz:
Hi firstly what I want to tell you is time heals all wounds and sometimes you do not know the plans God has for you. I am a doctor and I practise in Australia. I trained in the College of Medicine Unilag. Firstly except you are over motivated to be a doctor trust me there are a lot more career opportunities better than being a doctor. It is a noble but strenuous profession. So don't think it is end. Let me tell you a short story. In my 300 level what we call part 2, I have 5 resit examination at once. People told me to forget medicine that I can never pass 5 resits at once. A friend who had just 1 resit encouraged me greatly, made me believe I could do it. We were reading constantly no sleep. I mean constant TDB (till day break) for 6 weeks. The exams came I did my best. Result came to my greatest shock I passed. But now the shocker. My friend who had 1 resit failed. Nobody could believe it. This guy is brilliant I mean he thought ALL of us. We even petitioned for his script to be remarked. He was devastated. He lost his faith would not eat. I tried to encourage him. He was given a limited offer to switch to microbiology or wait a year fighting the results that may still turn out the same afterwards. He took microbiology. Anyway he went on and got a first class in microbiology. His starting career was as a pioneer researcher in biofuels for chevron. He got the job before we finished medical school (true story). Because he had done 3 years in medicine before he was withdrawn he had to do only 2 years in micro to finish. While we had 4 more years in med school. This guy used to 'stop by' to give us money. His first job gave him a brand new discovery II then, that time he was one of the first person driving that car in Lagos. Well now 10 years later he is head of natural gas in chevron (Africa and middle east), is a part of the management board of opec and consults for nnpc regularly. He is without a doubt the most successful of us all despite most of us being doctors in developed countries. Sometimes we joke and wonder how his life would have been if he remained in medicine. Bottom line if God says no don't be disheartened, keep your faith, whatever you do or find yourself go there and Excel. And tell your parents. If you need any other advice feel free to dm me. All the best in anywhere life puts you.

The words in bold are false. There's never a position like that in Chevron. In Chevron Corporation, Africa and Middle-East are different worlds apart; they're totally in different SBUs. It's just like saying an individual doubles as Police Chief in 2 different states in Nigeria. That statement is false for 2 reasons: (1.) There's no office in the NPF as Police Chief. (2.) Administrative wise, it is impossible to be the no. 1 Police officer in 2 different states.

So, it's either you're blatantly lying or your friend is lying to you.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Yankee101: 2:46am On Jun 04, 2020
Apply for re-marking
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by DAVE5(m): 2:48am On Jun 04, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.

Your comment finished work, what you just said is the mentality of a typical Nigerian, non-chalant about everything, you still added pay tithe, you're just too gangsta man
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Goldencheese(m): 3:03am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

my father Is an hypertensive patient I'm scared

No matter how hypertensive, a man is a man. Talk to your mum first and gain her confidence before speaking to your father with her in attendance, egging you on.

Btw, do you still want to read medicine? If yes, you can still write a new JAMB and go back either to the same university or to another university. The experience you would have gained at this time will serve you well.

I wish you all the best. But don't kill yourself o and cause them eternal sorrows. Your future is bright. People have started their lives that way but still ended well and fine.

All the best and stay blessed and safe.

The earlier you tell them the better you all figure a way forward.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by mazhagaab(m): 3:18am On Jun 04, 2020
Summon courage and tell them the truth. May be Biological is the best for u..accept it in good faith
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Sergioaguero: 3:24am On Jun 04, 2020
You should just move to computer science. Learn programming and coding on python ASP.Net, Java etc. Na there the money dey.

Meanwhile:

A - Z PRACTICAL CATFISH FARMING EBOOK.

Do you know if you put all things right you can use N15000 to begin catfish hatchery and produce 10,000 post fingerlings sold at N11 per one. Lets do the maths;
N11 ×10,000 = N110,000 revenue per hatchery.

Start Catfish farming at your backyard now you are at home. Catfish is not rocket science, once you follow all the practical steps in this ebook you are good to go.
Order the ebook on whatsapp via 0.8.1.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4.
And get ebook sent to you on whatsapp in PDF format.
Ebook Cost N500 without free phone guidance on set up.

Special offer:
Ebook Cost N1000 with free guidance on set up via phone call anyday apart from Sundays.
You can dm @catfishfarming @phmeterstore @houseoffranklin @agu_042 on instagram
Request via DM or Whatsapp 0.8.1.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4

#follow @catfish_farming on twitter for free buzz and upcoming tip...

You should be making money too this lock down.

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Samfloxin(m): 3:52am On Jun 04, 2020
Write jamb and start afresh, you will lose only one year
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 04, 2020
How old are you?

You have plenty of time to make amends with your life.

Do not take any hasty actions.

You can even take another JAMB and do better.

sagna112:

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by favour32(m): 3:59am On Jun 04, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.
Nai be say nor be true life story be this... nairaland no go kill person o o grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by PattyMike(m): 4:07am On Jun 04, 2020
OP I think you can do it. Even Ben Carson the great neurosurgeon faced difficulties while studying medicine. The important question to ask yourself is "Is this what I really wanna do?". Do I really want to become a doctor? If yes try again and keep trying, it's obvious you have a brilliant mind. I have a friend who is doing his residency now in UCH ibadan, he actually devised a way to study and it worked for him. He read on his phone, bits and parts, sometimes he's gisting with us and reading at the same time, he hardly read overnight even when prepping for exams. Hopefully in 5 years you will come on here and share your success story.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by darediamond(m): 4:20am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

Never live to Satisfy other people's dream(s) because God is God and he knows the best for the life of you and I.
Yes it is easier said than done. However remember the story of Joshua in the Bible.
So it is either you refire to acquire the desire you admire or you move on prayerfully.

Wait what is being a Medical Practitioner without money?
Pride only lies in SUCCESS.
NOTHING is free except the Air.
So money Rules.
You have not disappointed your Parents.
Hell NO!!
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by LearnethOne(m): 4:25am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

Just start afresh bro, sit down with your parents explain to them, convince them so they can see the zeal and determination in you, they won't kill you, they'll be left with no other option than to support you to start afresh.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Smilingjuhn(m): 4:25am On Jun 04, 2020
truthsayer009:

Great! I shall look forward to your email.
I have sent u guys a mail.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by oliviatwist: 4:37am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

my father Is an hypertensive patient I'm scared
If you're too scared to do it yourself, get someone that is really respected by and close to your family, explain to that person and plead with him/her to be with you when you break the news cause either way, you have to break the news to them, it will be more painful and more likely to kill him if you wait too long. At the moment, your story is still so much better than what I've seen, just dont wait too long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

School Friends Who Travelled Abroad Share 4-Year Throwback Photo / Female Secondary School Student Ruthlessly Beating Her Male Schoolmate ( Video ) / Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.