Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,386 members, 7,904,471 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:02 PM

Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates (2012 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 1:05am On Jan 22, 2011
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 1:08am On Jan 22, 2011
^^^
,,,,and in response to questions put ti him by journalist over this very UNDEMOCRATIC and DICTATORIAL practice,the national chairman of the ACN boldly replied that "IMPOSITION OF CANDIDATES IS OUR STYLE IN ACN"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/imposition-of-candidates-is-our-style-in-acn-akande/
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 1:10am On Jan 22, 2011
What a shame cry cry cry
Not that I'm surprised actually,what else would one expect from a party being funded and run by Bola Tinubu
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by mahil: 6:12am On Jan 22, 2011
dis system of imposing leaders wont work out 4 ACN especially in oyo state
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by dayokanu(m): 6:58am On Jan 22, 2011
Imposition of candidates have always been the way in CAN AD AC ever since Tinubu, Fashola etc were all products of cinsensus it seems the ppl of the SW prefer the consensus to the internal democracy products like Akala, Omisore, Obanikoro etc
AC N forever
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Imposition of candidates have always been the way in CAN AD AC ever since Tinubu

mahil:

dis system of imposing leaders wont work out 4 ACN especially in oyo state

We'll just wait and see how the true "democrats" in ACN will fight this Tinubu injustice and let's see how it affects the party's fortunes in the general elections
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by hercules07: 9:45am On Jan 22, 2011
DayoKanu thank very much, what most people do not understand is that a lot of PDP guys defected to ACN because of the popularity of the party in the South West, of course, the original ACN members will want to checkmate them from hijacking their party(ask PDP Kwara), I do not mind the party elders choosing candidates as long as they will deliver what is in the manifesto of the party, Fashola was a product of imposition. PDP not only impsoses candidates, they also loot our treasury to boot, let other smaller parties with good manifestos and internal democracy spring up, they can start nibbling at the ACN, but, for now, ACN for life, Buhari for President.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Nsiman(m): 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2011
Acn will only win presidential elections when they become democratic. No to ACN
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2011
hercules07:

DayoKanu thank very much, what most people do not understand is that a lot of PDP guys defected to ACN because of the popularity of the party in the South West, of course, the original ACN members will want to checkmate them from hijacking their party(ask PDP Kwara), I do not mind the party elders choosing candidates

Please make that imposing

And why does it have anything to do with PDP?I'm actually amazed that sympathisers of ACN on nairaland see nothing wrong in this blatant anti-democratic practice,this shows that ACN will be nothing more than a regional party,and once the other parties get their act right,ACN is sure to lose ground even in the South West
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2011
The point is that the ACN has always been selecting candidates from time immemorial Every follower of Politics know this,

Like Akande said the Politics in the UK select candidates who would carry out the party manifesto.

SWesterners have tasted products of internal democracy of PDP and also tasted Imposed candidates of ACN and we know which one we want to trust.

Akala product of Internal democracy, Fashola product of imposition Make your choice.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by hercules07: 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2011
@rasputin

Choosing o, imposing o, na synonyms, one is passive the other is active, if my pikin write am for waec, hin go pass. We need the other parties to get it right, let them look at what ACN is doing right, copy that, look at what they are doing wrong, change that, then they should come to us for votes, if they can convince us, we will vote for them, but for now, me, my family and friends, ACN for life, Buhari for President.
Rasputin no be russian name? You see wetin your brother Putin dey do for that place? No be imposition dey go on there?
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2011
dayokanu:

The point is that the ACN has always been selecting candidates from time immemorial Every follower of Politics know this,

Like Akande said the Politics in the UK select candidates who would carry out the party manifesto.

SWesterners have tasted products of internal democracy of PDP and also tasted Imposed candidates of ACN and we know which one we want to trust.

Akala product of Internal democracy, Fashola product of imposition Make your choice.

And which one man or a group of men have the infinite wisdom to make choices for other people

You keep going about Fashola this Fashola that,are you aware that but for anticipated backlash(from non ACN people) Tinubu would've dropped Fashola and imposed Ikuforiji?
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2011
hercules07:

@rasputin

Choosing o, imposing o, na synonyms, one is passive the other is active, if my pikin write am for waec, hin go pass. We need the other parties to get it right, let them look at what ACN is doing right, copy that, look at what they are doing wrong, change that, then they should come to us for votes, if they can convince us, we will vote for them, but for now, me, my family and friends, ACN for life, Buhari for President.
Rasputin no be russian name? You see wetin your brother Putin dey do for that place? No be imposition dey go on there?

Dont make me laugh please,anything that puts so much power in the hands of one man is inherently a bad idea.Worse still,it's supposed to be a democracy,so where is the input of THE PEOPLE in this ACN scam,I'm telling you,Tinubu might be fooling some of the people(you and Dayo inclusive) but he cannot fool all the people all the time.
Like I posted on another thread,the self-same driving force behind the ACN today(Tinubu), sure as hell is going to be it's undoing(owing to his authoritarian/dictatorial ways),it's only a matter of time
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by tolu001: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2011
So what is wrong with a party following its ideology and principles? Every party or organization has what they call "Code of Conduct" which is meant to be followed in the general interest of the party.

If you call that imposition then what will you call the PDP arm-twisting primary selection where delegates were indirectly forced to vote according to their respective states so they can actually know those that voted for GEJ and those that renege.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2011
tolu001:

So what is wrong with a party following its ideology and principles? Every party or organization has what they call "Code of Conduct" which is meant to be followed in the general interest of the party.

The AD(from which ACN ultimately evolved) has a constitution which I've seen and imposition of candidates was not one of the provisions,so until you provide this code of conduct you speak of,for all to see the section/sub sections that provided for imposition of candidates,then I'd say you're just wild-guessing

BTW if what you alluded to is true how come scenarios in the OP played out
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Ibime(m): 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2011
I guess Rasputtin is embarking on a lame attempt to convince us that the PDP process is democratic.

As if the Governor of the state doesn't choose who wins, then also chooses the Presidential candidate who the delegates vote for.

Some people are just brainless whenever ethnicity comes into play. Take Rasputtin for example, he would never have had a good word to say about PDP before the emergence of GEJ, but now GEJ is the candidate, PDP is the greatest example of democracy. Reminds me of certain Sanusi debates we used to have on here. You would think certain people would learn to think more rationally instead of chasing sectional agendas.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by seanet02: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2011
This poverty development party with their bad belle. Let me make some analysis. Under pdp government of oni in ekiti state, students of the state university were paying N120,000 as school fees which Fayemi reduced to less than N50,000 within two weeks of coming to power. Under pdp government of oyinlola in osun state, students of the state university were paying N200,000 as school fees which Aregbesola reduced to less than N50,000 immediately he came on board. Under AD Segun osoba of ogun state, students of the state university were paying less than N15,0000 as school fees, now under pdp government of daniel they are paying over N160,000 as school fees. In lagos state university, the highest fees goes for just N35,000 which can also be paid installmentally in N15,000 first semester and N10,000 . Please tell me which is working between Action congress of Nigeria consensus primaries which is based on party manifesto and pdp wuruwuru primaries in which only the person who can bribe delegates with stolen money wins? Pdp member should be ashamed of themselves. Imagine allowing a Fashola To compete in a Money induced primaries with GBENGA DANIEL, AKALA, OYINLOLA and co looters. Pdp is a disaster.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by tolu001: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2011
The AD(from which ACN ultimately evolved) has a constitution which I've seen and imposition of candidates was not one of the provisions,so until you provide this code of conduct you speak of,for all to see the section/sub sections that provided for imposition of candidates,then I'd say you're just wild-guessing

Look your argument is so lopsided, I'm in the system and i know how these things work. A serious party don't just contest to have its name on the ballot, you contest to win and to achieve that aim all hands have to be on deck.

One of the major steps towards winning an election is presenting the best sell-able candidate at the moment for the election which is exactly what ACN has been doing. Look at the all the candidates they've ratified so far in all the states, you will see these are strong contenders that can carry the majority along and at the same time capable of giving the oppositions a good fight.

Unlike the PDP that presents candidates who are enemies of the masses and impose them on the people by massively rigging them in (even at the expense of innocents souls).

The believe in the Power of the Electorates, and an outright disrespect for the electorates and their wish is the difference between the ACN and PDP  (figure that out with utmost sincerity).
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Pk001(m): 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2011
dayokanu:

The question is; was Fashola stricly following Tinibu's (ACN'S) Manifesto. If so why do you think he was at loggerhead with party chieftains?

Fashola had his own Manifesto and he followed it strictly, that was what made him to excel.

The greedy ACN chieftain now imposing relatives against the wish of the people will lead to downfall of ACN.
Fashola and other Governors where imposed by party chieftains,  but the performance of fashola is exceptional. Thats to show you that good governance is about the person incharge not the person being  imposed.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Akanbiedu(m): 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2011
Ibime:

I guess Rasputtin is embarking on a lame attempt to convince us that the PDP process is democratic.

As if the Governor of the state doesn't choose who wins, then also chooses the Presidential candidate who the delegates vote for.

Some people are just brainless whenever ethnicity comes into play. Take Rasputtin for example, he would never have had a good word to say about PDP before the emergence of GEJ, but now GEJ is the candidate, PDP is the greatest example of democracy. Reminds me of certain Sanusi debates we used to have on here. You would think certain people would learn to think more rationally instead of chasing sectional agendas.

Thank you. It's not only ethnic, I think religion too since GEJ made that deceptive appearance at the Redeem Camp.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 11:09pm On Jan 22, 2011
Ibime:

Which PDP process are you talking about? keep deluding yourself that you are unaware of the uproar arising that has greeted the blatant undemocratic way ACN candidates emerged at the national and most state conventions.Why are you so hypocritical?just because it's ACN you're being selective pseeew
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2011
Ibime:

Who's chasing sectional agenda
I've told you to get off that cheap weed you smoke,it gives your arguments a myopic twist.
Why would I have/have not a good thing to say about PDP,I've been a card carrying,due paying member of the PDP in my state since 2003,but that has never stopped me from criticising Ibori/Uduaghan,Yar Adua(when he came up with an ambiguous 7 -point agenda) and more importantly in 2007 I voted AC(Fashola) in Lagos,Yar Adua(Presidency) and barring any unforseen circumstances,I'm hoping to repeat that voting pattern.How's that for objectivity?So you might as well shove your sectional bullshit
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Thank you. It's not only ethnic, I think religion too since GEJ made that deceptive appearance at the Redeem Camp.

Hahahaha
Buhari too was at the camp,but may I remind you that the thread has nothing to do with GEJ
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Ibime(m): 12:41am On Jan 23, 2011
Listen mate, I don't appreciate the stinky odour of hypocrisy.

I couldn't care less about defending CAN or whatever, but what I will not brook is a hypocritical attempt to paint PDP as democratic and ACN as undemocratic. In the first place, there's nothing democratic about a one party state. In the second place, there's nothing democratic about enthroning thieves and murderers, just so they can deliver delegates votes. Thirdly, there is nothing democratic about a primary process that was bought with so many dollars, it actually rocked the Forex market. So stop emanating poisonous odours on this thread, thank you.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 2:28pm On Jan 23, 2011
^^^^

So why do you still not see anything wrong in what Tinubu is doing? just because it's ACN??

Yuuuukk
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2011
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2011
Theres nothing wrong in what bTinubu is doing because thats the way the party rolls from time, Its not a Tinubu thing, Adesanya, Bola Ige, all Afenifere did the same thing
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2011
^^^^

Fair enough then Dayo( at least you're not ostriching),however I still think the simple fact that Tinubu is the one running things now makes it more of a scary proposal,he's far greedier,less tolerant,more power drunk and more prone to embezzlement of funds than Ige and Adesanya
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by mensdept: 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2011
dayokanu:

Theres nothing wrong in what bTinubu is doing because thats the way the party rolls from time, Its not a Tinubu thing, Adesanya, Bola Ige, all Afenifere did the same thing

Heads needs to role in that country. Real French Revolution. I mean, so its okay since its not a Tinubu thing?
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by KnowAll(m): 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2011
The Sarakinisation of Lagos  have started courtesy of Mr Tinubu, mark my word, the daughter would spend 4 years in d House of Reps & in 4 years time when d coast is clear would come in as d deputy Gov to someone in other not to heat up d polity of Lagos. Only for her to overthrow her boss in 4 years. The next Gov after Fashola would be a one term Governor who succumbed to Tinubu's daughter becoming d substantive Governor in 2019.

But then having said dat if d coast is clear in 2015 & Tinubu realise he can get away with blue- murder he would throw his daughter into d deep end, damning any dissenting voice & d consequence.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by EkoIle1: 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2011
Not all democracies selects candidates via primaries and selections without primaries have zero effect on any candidates ability to function effectively or poorly.

This is one of the silliest threads even on NL, the OP himself sounds goofy and ignorant.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by EkoIle1: 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2011
KnowAll:

The Sarakinisation of Lagos  have started courtesy of Mr Tinubu, mark my word, the daughter would spend 4 years in d House of Reps & in 4 years time when d coast is clear would come in as d deputy Gov to someone in other not to heat up d polity of Lagos. Only for her to overthrow her boss in 4 years. The next Gov after Fashola would be a one term Governor who succumbed to Tinubu's daughter becoming d substantive Governor in 2019.

But then having said dat if d coast is clear in 2015 & Tinubu realise he can get away with blue- murder he would throw his daughter into d deep end, damning any dissenting voice & d consequence.

And what do you think they do in the UK where you call home? And is the UK not a beacons of democracy?

There are more than enough political parties in Lagos state, take your a/ss to another party if AC is not doing it for you, that's what the same democracy you're crying about is all about, AC is not putting a gun to your head to vote for AC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' / David Mark Is A Fool For Comments On Boko Haram, Tanko Yakassai / Ladipo: 32 Bakassi Boys Jailed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.