Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,158 members, 7,939,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:50 AM

Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates (2018 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / Protest Rocks Lagos Over Imposition Of Candidates For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is one of the silliest threads even on NL, the OP himself sounds goofy and ignorant.

Doesn't that make you a silly poster for airing your warped pro-imposition view here
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2011
KnowAll:

The Sarakinisation of Lagos have started courtesy of Mr Tinubu, mark my word, the daughter would spend 4 years in d House of Reps & in 4 years time when d coast is clear would come in as d deputy Gov to someone in other not to heat up d polity of Lagos. Only for her to overthrow her boss in 4 years. The next Gov after Fashola would be a one term Governor who succumbed to Tinubu's daughter becoming d substantive Governor in 2019.

But then having said dat if d coast is clear in 2015 & Tinubu realise he can get away with blue- murder he would throw his daughter into d deep end, damning any dissenting voice & d consequence.

Sarakinisation cheesy cheesy

Seriously though,the whole thing doesn't bode well for democracy and good governance in Lagos State
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
[size=16pt]Tinubu Presents His Wife, Daughter And Son-in Law As Acn Candidates[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-592327.0.html

This is what imposition gets you
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rebranded(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2011
rasputinn:

[size=16pt]Tinubu Presents His Wife, Daughter And Son-in Law As Acn Candidates[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-592327.0.html

This is what imposition gets you

@Rassputinn

How much is PDP paying you?
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Beaf: 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2011
rebranded:

@Rassputinn

How much is PDP paying you?

So you think your weak comment erases the fact that Tinubu has dashed all top ACN posts to his girlfriends, family friends etc?
Next thing you will began to argue that the drugs that Tinubu dealt in were panadol and chloroquine. angry
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rebranded(m): 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^^

If you say so, anyone supporting a PDP Govt is either plain stupid or benefiting financially from the morons!
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 8:18am On Jan 26, 2011
^^^
Your uncouth and silly remarks are totally pointless,if you have a point of view per the topic,why not state it,rather than making meaningless noise
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 8:22am On Jan 26, 2011
Gosssshhhhhhhhh
It's amazingly unbelievable that some fellows dont really see anything wrong in all of the anti-democratic ills Tinubu is perpetrating,,,,and what is their cheeky and regrettable reason:Tinubu is of the ACN and not some other party they hate blindly
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2011
tolu001:

Look your argument is so lopsided, I'm in the system and i know how these things work. A serious party don't just contest to have its name on the ballot, you contest to win and to achieve that aim all hands have to be on deck.

One of the major steps towards winning an election is presenting the best sell-able candidate at the moment for the election which is exactly what ACN has been doing. Look at the all the candidates they've ratified so far in all the states, you will see these are strong contenders that can carry the majority along and at the same time capable of giving the oppositions a good fight.

Unlike the PDP that presents candidates who are enemies of the masses and impose them on the people by massively rigging them in (even at the expense of innocents souls).

The believe in the Power of the Electorates, and an outright disrespect for the electorates and their wish is the difference between the ACN and PDP  (figure that out with utmost sincerity).

And are you saying somebody like Senator Mamowora can not win election? Fashola who was almost dropped can not win election? So only Tinubu wife,family and cronies with other ACN leaders cronies and family can win election? I beg say something else and stop this self delusion
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by houvest: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2011
Rasputin, enough already. They will never agree with you. The SW is always right in whatever they do.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2011
If you stated the obvious mistakes and shortcomings of the Jonathan administration, you are accused of being paid by the Atiku camp or the ACN camp. Now, if you state the obvious shortcomings of the ACN Party, you are accused of being from the PDP camp.

People, do you not see what is eating you all here? It is OBVIOUS by now that Tinubu's ACN is no different from the PDP party. Yes, we have allowed it continue as is to this point, is no reason why we should allow this man continue to impose his will on the Nigerian people any further. Please people need to go up. If you are for reducing the power the PDP has on the nation, you ought also to apply the same as regards the ACN so we do not end up replacing the PDP with yet another party ACN which has proven it is simply another PDP in the making.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by yemmight(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2011
So in Oyo State would you rather prefer to vote Akala or in Ogun where you have Olurin as against Amosun.  I remember very well that imposition brought Fashola when likes of Agbaje, Afikuyomi, Pedro lost and Fashola remain the best Gov in the country.  I also remember that Tinubu himself, imposition brought through Nadeco. And he did very well.  If imposition could work againt PDP's power especially in south west, so be it.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
yemmight:

So in Oyo State would you rather prefer to vote Akala or in Ogun where you have Olurin as against Amosun.  I remember very well that imposition brought Fashola when likes of Agbaje, Afikuyomi, Pedro lost and Fashola remain the best Gov in the country.  I also remember that Tinubu himself, imposition brought through Nadeco. And he did very well.  If imposition could work againt PDP's power especially in south west, so be it.

Please I understand Fashola is apparently ACN's claim to fame but so is Amaechi, Chime etc. for the PDP party. Should we then allow PDP to continue because of the few men who have shown themselves different from the others in their own party? Should we base ACN's rep on Fashola's OWN accomplishments as a man and governor? I mean if this is all you can do, then what difference between the two parties then?
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2011
houvest:

Rasputin, enough already. They will never agree with you. The SW is always right in whatever they do.

Really sad sad
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please I understand Fashola is apparently ACN's claim to fame but so is Amaechi, Chime etc. for the PDP party.

Well said,plus the fact that this same Fashola would not have done half of what he did in the area of infrastructural development,if Tinubu had had his way.What tax receipts are Tinubu's firms printing for LASG that he pockets N2 billion monthly in addition to so many other clandestine payments/extortions he gets from LASG,little wonder Fashola is complaining.

I'm happy we dont have to wait too long to see the full manifestation of Tinubu's despotic and undemocratic traits

Ozin:

And are you saying somebody like Senator Mamowora can not win election? Fashola who was almost dropped can not win election? So only Tinubu wife,family and cronies with other ACN leaders cronies and family can win election? I beg say something else and stop this self delusion
Any keen follower of the NASS in the past few years will know that Senator Mamora is the finest senator Lagos has produced in the past 11 yrs plus,for Tinubu to now replace him with his wife,just because he sided with Fashola during his face off with Tinubu,should really give any lover of democracy the creeps
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2011
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2011
Why is Sarah Sosan;the amiable,humble,helpful deputy to Fashola,not being considered to run with her boss for the second term?it's again because she refused to betray her boss last year(when she was approached to distance herself from BRF) during the ignoble court case era of the so called true face of Lagos,when Tinubu met a brickwall in Sosan,he had to work through that useless house speaker from Epe(now Ikeja GRA-aspiring assembly man),Ikuforiji.She is not alone in the league of Lagos politicians/office holders who have come under the vindictive hammer of the all-ACN-powerful Tinubu,just because they had the good sense to tell Tinubu/his stooges to let Fashola be as BRF was doing a good job

Not done with edging out percieved pro-Fashola politicians,the power-drunk Tinubu has gone beserk as apart from imposing his wife for senate,daughter and son-in-law for house of reps,some of his mistresses and relatives have been pencilled down for sensitive appointments in the expected next cabinet of Fashola
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by yemmight(m): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2011
rasputinn:

Why is Sarah Sosan;the amiable,humble,helpful deputy to Fashola,not being considered to run with her boss for the second term?it's again because she refused to betray her boss last year(when she was approached to distance herself from BRF) during the ignoble court case era of the so called true face of Lagos,when Tinubu met a brickwall in Sosan,he had to work through that useless house speaker from Epe(now Ikeja GRA-aspiring assembly man),Ikuforiji.She is not alone in the league of Lagos politicians/office holders who have come under the vindictive hammer of the all-ACN-powerful Tinubu,just because they had the good sense to tell Tinubu/his stooges to let Fashola be as BRF was doing a good job

Not done with edging out percieved pro-Fashola politicians,the power-drunk Tinubu has gone beserk as apart from imposing his wife for senate,daughter and son-in-law for house of reps,some of his mistresses and relatives have been pencilled down for sensitive appointments in the expected next cabinet of Fashola

As far as I can go in supporting some reseanable imposition to fight PDP, imposition of some candidates by Tinubu is very irritating. I really feel for Fashola and the new ACN Gov Fayemi in Ekiti. I just hope that Tinubu should be reasonable on his imposition.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by Kennyblues(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2011
I am a Nigerian and i didn't remeber saying no to ACN over imposition of candidates as it obtained in other parties too
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by seanet03: 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2011
yemmight:

As far as I can go in supporting some reseanable imposition to fight PDP, imposition of some candidates by Tinubu is very irritating. I really feel for Fashola and the new ACN Gov Fayemi in Ekiti.  I just hope that Tinubu should be reasonable on his imposition.
Make a choice between an Akala, a product of Internal Democarce or Primaries of the PDP and a Fashola, a product of Imposition in your own words). The choice is yours between a Government that imposes N150,000 as School fees and the One that imposes N35,000 as school fees.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by yemmight(m): 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2011
seanet03:

Make a choice between an Akala, a product of Internal Democarce or Primaries of the PDP and a Fashola, a product of Imposition in your own words). The choice is yours between a Government that imposes N150,000 as School fees and the One that imposes N35,000 as school fees.

I cannot even interprete your grammar but I do know that if like someone either by his achievement, performance and contribution in the past, you could shower praises as appriopriate, you are also doing such person good if you could identify areas of his shortcomings. Honest truth is that we cannot be perfect. Asiwaju is a role model but the recent development called for serious concern. I know what Fashola face in the hand of Tinubu before he survived.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 10:01am On Jan 28, 2011
yemmight:

I cannot even interprete your grammar

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2011
Kennyblues:

I am a Nigerian and i didn't remeber saying no to ACN over imposition of candidates

Good for you
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2011
And it keeps getting messier from Tinubu's camp,after imposing his wife,daughter,inlaws,outlaws i.e girlfriends/concubines,he now wants to impose himself by sacrificing Ribadu

I naff in ACN grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Confusion in ACN over Ribadu, Buhari •Govs, Tinubu part ways •Pressure mounts on Ribadu to withdraw[/size]

A huge crack has developed in the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), following moves by loyalists of former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, to get the party’s presidential candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, to withdraw from the presidential contest.

Sources close to the party said that pressure had been mounted on the former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to withdraw from the race and concede the seat to the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, in line with the ongoing alliance talks between the CPC and the ACN.

It was confirmed that the pressure being mounted on Ribadu to quit the presidential race was at the instance of former Governor Tinubu, who is hopeful of picking the vice-presidential slot of the CPC/ACN alliance.Investigations revealed that Ribadu was almost falling for the bait to withdraw from the race, especially after his meeting with General Buhari last week, but some governors of the ACN were said to have insisted on having his name on the ballot.

It was gathered that the governors, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State; Dr Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State and Mr Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, were said to have insisted that they wanted the party to field Ribadu, irrespective of whatever any sector of the polity would say.

The governors were said to have insisted that the ACN should not fall into the same pit which consumed the Alliance for Democracy (AD) when it failed to field a presidential candidate in 2003.

A source knowledgeable about the development said that one of the governors argued that the ACN should learn from the mistakes made by the AD, when it failed to field candidates for the presidential slot in 1999 and 2003.

“In 1999, the AD went into alliance with the APP and in 2003, its name was not on the ballot at all and that led to the extinction of that party. Today, we are trying to build a new structure out of the ashes of the AD,” the source quoted one of the governors as telling the leaders of ACN.

The position of the governors was also said to tally with that of the national chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, who was also said to have argued in favour of Ribadu.

The decision on Ribadu’s candidature was said to have negatively affected the push for an alliance between the CPC and the ACN. It was gathered that while Tinubu had sanctioned the alliance with the aim of neutralising Ribadu and then clinching the vice-presidential slot, the governors, who influenced Ribadu’s entry into the presidential race, believed that his name could be used to popularise the party among a new set of Nigerian voters, the youth.

It was learnt that Tinubu initially did not oppose the bid to recruit Ribadu into the presidential race as a result of his belief that the former EFCC boss could bolster his (Tinubu’s) credibility and withdraw some negative comments he made about the former governor when he was EFCC chairman.

But it was further learnt that Tinubu knew Ribadu might end up being used if his own vice-presidential bid sailed through.

It will be recalled that when Ribadu held sway as the boss of the EFCC, Senator Tinubu, who left office in 2007, was one of the governors alleged by the EFCC boss to have corruptly enriched themselves. He said then that Tinubu’s case had international dimensions as he made no bones about his readiness to prosecute all corrupt governors.

A source explained that Senator Tinubu, being a very shrewd and calculating politician, did not forget the role of the former EFCC boss in the corruption issue and part of his plan was to gain some level of credibility by associating with the former EFCC boss.

This claim was corroborated by Saharareporters, an online news blog which recently quoted Senator Tinubu as telling some of his close associates that with his association with Ribadu, he had gained a “clean bill of health regarding the allegations of corruption against him as governor of Lagos and his continued dominance of the financial and political scenes.”

A source said that Tinubu’s ambition to be vice-president, is “partly the reason he wants to form an alliance with CPC of General Muhammed Buhari. Even after Mallam Ribadu was picked as the presidential candidate of the ACN, the party leadership, at the insistence of Senator Tinubu, was still holding alliance talks with the CPC.”

Sources said that the alliance talks were ongoing at press time on Thursday but it was learnt that fundamental differences about party platform and choice of running mate had stalled the talks.

While Tinubu’s camp is pressurising Buhari into joining the alliance and fly the ACN flag, Buhari’s loyalists are afraid that if he dumps the CPC, his supporters in the North could have serious problems tracking him.

It was also gathered that Buhari’s men are already pointing to the way former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar was shoved aside by Tinubu in the AC as an example of what could befall Buhari if he joined the ACN.

Another source said while Ribadu was aware of Tinubu’s plot, he was uncertain of broad support in the party until the governors decided to back him.

“Mallam Ribadu was aware of the plan to dump him. That is the reason he refused to sign the clause in the form that says the ticket can be withdrawn from him at anytime, which candidates for other positions were made to sign,” said the source, confirming also a meeting between General Buhari and Mallam Ribadu in Kaduna, where the former EFCC boss bluntly refused to step down for the former military head of state.

“Ribadu is aware of the game plan of Senator Tinubu and is ready for a counter move of his own,” he said.

But the spokesman for Ribadu campaign organi-sation, Alhaji Ibrahim Modibbo, in a telephone interview, said his team was going ahead with the campaigns.

He said the campaign team was unaware of moves to stop Ribadu and gave the ticket to the CPC candidate.

Spokesman for the ACN, Alhaji Lai Moha-mmed, did not respond to a series of questions on the state of affairs in the party, especially following the protracted negotiations between the CPC and the ACN.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/16804-confusion-in-acn-over-ribadu-buhari-govs-tinubu-part-ways-pressure-mounts-on-ribadu-to-withdraw
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2011
^^^

With this,the death knell has been sounded on the so-called presidential ambition of Ribadu,i.e knowing Tinubu for who he is.How will Ribadu now get funds to prosecute his pipe dream
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2011
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 7:13am On Feb 16, 2011
I heard Ribadu is not too happy that his stupid godfather,Bola Ahmed Tinubu will not allow him pick Ngige as his running mate, grin grin grin,oh please will someone tell mallam Ribadu to save his tears for April,what was he thinking when he decided to share from the funds Tinubu stole,the same Tinubu he repeatedly(and rightly so) called a thief and a fraudster

He too should just shut up and swallow the bitter pills of imposition and other strong arm tactics by Tinubu,after all,Fashola has accepted his own fate of imposition
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rhymz(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2011
I cant believe it that some so-called democrats here will so blatantly make excuses for Tinubu's excesses. When did imposition become part of the ideology of the party? Who is Tinubu to know what is best alone for the party even when there are more credible people in the party to make such decisions? So because the PDP lacks internal democracy it is ok for ACN to do thesame, when did the PDP become a model and yardstick for democratic examples. All these opposition parties have one problem and that is the flawed mentality of wanting to win the elections to spite the PDP, to them and their supporters it is all about winning the PDP, every other thing comes 2nd. That is why some people will so brazenly support the overbearing attitude of Tinubu, that greedy eeeediot. And that is why ACN will always be seen as a sectional party with no serious democratic machinaries and principles, just one man calling the shots and making all sorts of ridiculous demands. What justification does such a party have to accuse the PDP of doing thesame? Until people start criticizing him and standing for true democratic ideals ACN is sure going the PDP way and might even be worse.
Re: Nigerians Say No To Acn Over Imposition Of Candidates by rasputinn(m): 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
rhymz:

I cant believe it that some so-called democrats here will so blatantly make excuses for Tinubu's excesses. When did imposition become part of the ideology of the party? Who is Tinubu to know what is best alone for the party even when there are more credible people in the party to make such decisions? So because the PDP lacks internal democracy it is ok for ACN to do thesame, when did the PDP become a model and yardstick for democratic examples. All these opposition parties have one problem and that is the flawed mentality of wanting to win the elections to spite the PDP, to them and their supporters it is all about winning the PDP, every other thing comes 2nd. That is why some people will so brazenly support the overbearing attitude of Tinubu, that greedy eeeediot. And that is why ACN will always be seen as a sectional party with no serious democratic machinaries and principles, just one man calling the shots and making all sorts of ridiculous demands. What justification does such a party have to accuse the PDP of doing thesame? Until people start criticizing him and standing for true democratic ideals ACN is sure going the PDP way and might even be worse.

You couldn't have put it better.I pray everyday that Fashola should grow balls over night(bolas grandes),especially in his second term and refuse to open up LASG vault for Tinubu to plunder
How a common certificate forger,a thief,scamist and igbo smoker ended up becoming governor of Lagos state,from where he stole so much money to now become so politically powerful in the South West that people have to eat his shit to get any political favours still beats my imagination angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rio Ferdinand Stalker Susanne Ibru Found Guilty Of Harassment - Nigerian? / Let Nigeria Break Up! Bishop Oyedepo Explodes! / How Jonathan’s Candidate Won Nigerian Bar Association's Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.