Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,890 members, 7,886,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

A Life Changing Lifestyle Of Praising God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Life Changing Lifestyle Of Praising God (204 Views)

8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians / Praising God / What Is The Importance Of Praising God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Life Changing Lifestyle Of Praising God by judedwriter(m): 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
— Psalms 34:1

“By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.”
— Hebrews 13:15

Believe it or not, God wants us to praise Him continually as a lifestyle.

The truth is that God made us in His own image and likeness to offer Him heartfelt, continued praise. The major reason for our existence is to praise God consistently.

“This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.”
— Isaiah 43:21

Just like a fish can't survive outside water, as believers we can't really survive outside an atmosphere of praising God. This is the real reason God created man, even before the tragic fall.

“Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.”
— Psalms 150:6

The major reason for our existence is to praise God. The major reason why you have breath in your nostrils is to praise God.

I have discovered that when I stop praising God as I should, life becomes very tiring, stressful, testing and trying.

When the religious leaders told Jesus to rebuke His many disciples for praising God excitedly as He entered Jerusalem, Jesus said:

“And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.”
— Luke 19:40

It's our DNA, our makeup, to praise God. Life at its best, is a life devoted to praise God.

What Jesus was trying to say in the above scripture was that even the stones would protest hotly if we stop praising God.

Why?

Praising God is our primary assignment.

Does this mean God hates our prayers? No, it just means that praise is the highest form of prayer to God.

Just like the earth revolves dependently around the sun, everything on earth revolves dependently around God. He alone has the final decision on all things no matter how complicated they may seem.

This is why a lifestyle of praising God will give total and complete victory in life. It really doesn't matter the magnitude of your problems or the caliber of your enemies, the moment you begin a lifestyle of praising God everyday, YOU WIN!

When God brought His people out of Egypt with promises of a land flowing with milk and honey, He disowned over 50% of them to die in the wilderness.

This was because they often murmured and bitterly complained about their hardships:

“And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD.”
— Exodus 16:8

“And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.”
— Numbers 11:1

Numbers 21
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

⁶ And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

Many of the Isrealites that left the bondage in Egypt, died in the wilderness because of constant murmur and complaints.

Can you imagine if the Isrealites had lived a lifestyle of praising God inspite of their difficulties? They would have entered the land of promise within a year, rather it took them 40 years to reach it because of complaining.

So it is when we live a lifestyle of murmuring and complaining. We seem to move round in circles rather than progress and God isn't happy with us. Many believers fail to understand that complaining is a sin and grieves the Holy Spirit.

But when we live a lifestyle of praising God, we would enter our land of promise; we will enter God's plan, purpose and destiny for our lives much easier, faster and conveniently.

However, God isn't a magician. We can't bribe God with praise or use praise as an incantation to move God to give us what we want.

God is love.

Love wants fellowship. The major way God wants us to fellowship with Him is by praising Him. To fellowship with someone is to spend time continually with such a person.

It's only when we spend time to continually praise God everyday, that His blessings and miracles begin to flow into our lives like rivers, seas and oceans. God wants a lifestyle of praise from us.

Destiny fulfillment is possible through a lifestyle of praising God.

How then do I praise God as a lifestyle?

1. Understand that your primary assignment on earth is to praise God.

2. Understand that God is worthy of all your praise. He deserves all of it.

3. Live a life full of faith in God. Study His Word more. Without faith, no one can approach, please or even praise God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amazing : What A Catholic Cardinal Said To Trump / Who Is A LovePeddler/Prostitute??? / Fainting In The Days Of Adversity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.