Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,249 members, 7,880,925 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:22 AM

FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others (40945 Views)

Nigeria Makes N2tn Taxes From Google, Netflix, Facebook And Other Foreign Tech G / From ‘Civil War Tweet’ To Tax Talks — Timeline How FG, Twitter Negotiation Ended / Senate Proposes Law To Tax Nigerians For Using Data And DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
slimfit1:

Sorry I have no sense of belonging to Nigeria, that expired last year. I'm an Oduduwan person. I understand what you are saying but we need to find out

Intresting.. am igbo. A na m asu igbo.
You said oduduwan.. its ODUDUWA..again, where are you from and who do you work for? You are not one of us...
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by slimfit1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Odogwunaeast:

Intresting.. am igbo. A na m asu igbo.
You said oduduwan.. its ODUDUWA.again, where are you from and who do you work for? You are not one of us...

I'm an oduduwa person.
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by Juchii(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nigerians are very ignorant and drives joy in attacking their own government and praise other government for doing the same.
When France implementated the same policy, Nigerians are the first to praise them for that.
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by Ovamboland(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
Omooba77:

According to the consulting firm, the problem will also be exacerbated where the companies sell their products and services directly to individual consumers in Nigeria.

What many don't know is that the government has the tool to block any non-compliant website from operating in Nigeria.

Just like UAE blocks making voice calls from Whatsapp and China blocks Whatsapp completely and instead registered Wechat.
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by rollandben(m): 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by Chuky7(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
robotix:
all of you saying it is a good idea and even more foolish.

How can u tax a company not registered in Nigeria or with any physical structure in Nigeria? Most of you are so foolish

I just dey wonder O...

I had to read from top down and just laughed...

No physical office?...how u wan do am?...

The IP? All the way from US?...

1 Like

Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by edoairways: 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ovamboland:

What many don't know is that the government has the tool to block any non-compliant website from operating in Nigeria.

Just like UAE blocks making voice calls from Whatsapp and China blocks Whatsapp completely and instead registered Wechat.
Really! WhatsApp voice calls isn't working in UAE.?
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by leokid866: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
edoairways:

Really! WhatsApp voice calls isn't working in UAE.?
Not only that they monitor your chats too.
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by leokid866: 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
Chuky7:

I just dey wonder O...

Weather you have a office in my country or not if you are running a service within my country I c a new charge you tax on it or use my government powers through various agencies related to your field to block your service....just ask China and google.
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by edoairways: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
leokid866:

Not only that they monitor your chats too.
Wahala dey oh. What of other platforms like WeChat, do they monitor that as well?
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by leokid866: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2020
edoairways:

Wahala dey oh. What of other platforms like WeChat, do they monitor that as well?
In the words of Erigga....they own the skies so no too dey talk O.
Re: FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others by robotix: 8:42am On Jun 12, 2020
Chuky7:

I just dey wonder O...

My brother, Tech is the only way to defeat these people and they fear tech so much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure / Fayose Shares Cheese Balls To Kids in Ekiti After They Shouted "Oshoko" (Photos) / Announcement From Turkish Embassy Abuja Concerning IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.