Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:47 PM

Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT (540 Views)

FG Disburses ₦2 Billion Post-Subsidy Palliative To 36 States, FCT / Emotional Moment Thugs Distribute Palliative Loot To Beggars / Senator Ifeanyi Ubah Commences Distribution Of Palliative To Families In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT by wazkinwao(m): 11:21am On Jun 08, 2020
Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative to the Widows & Needy in Gwagwalada Area Council Fct Abuja

EVERLASTING JOY Foundation is a Non-Government Organisation based in Abuja, Nigeria. In the spirit of service to humanity, our Foundation felt the need to identify with the widows in the society. Today, our aim of the outreach is to help vulnerable widows who were facing extreme poverty in the society. Several widows from other parts of the country have enjoyed the assorted food items, irrespective of tribe or religious background. In the past few weeks, EVERLASTING JOY Foundation have engaged in corporate responsibility at other parts of the country, improving the condition of the poor widows.
Today’s event is a continuation of our responsibility to reach-out to the widows and needy in FCT suburbs and to identify with them, during this critical time of our National life. The EVERLASTING JOY Foundation have registered over 6000 widows representing 1000 each per area council. Our registration is free and still open at our office at EVERLASTING JOY Foundation in Abuja. We have also arranged with different anchors to train our register widows on unique skills to encourage them on self-reliance. EVERLASTING JOY have made adequate provision for start-up capital to widows interested in contributing to the local economy.
Some areas of the training include:
Making of Akara/buns/puff-puff
Making of Cake/Chin-Chin
Fish farming
Goat Farming
Snail-farming
Poultry farming
Making palm-oil
Making of Soup / bleach
Fashion design
Hair Dressing
Our foundation is now appealing to National Center for Women Development to put a structure in place that will open social-economic opportunities to the vulnerable widows.
For those that are economically productive, contributing to the local economy, we have arranged for Widows’ cooperative to enable them to enjoy a revolving interest-free loan. Our research has shown that the urban widows are highly vulnerable in recent years. As soon as this Pandemic (COVID-19) is over, we will roll-out the first Phase of this loan in FCT, Lagos and Port-Harcourt, concurrently. This does not prevent the suburban widows that we found to be critical in food sustainability. However, over 2500 rural widows, in our database, will be engaged in what we called Agric-trading for poverty alleviation. This means that we shall provide a value chain platform to the widows in rural farming to enable them to maximise profit from their products. These are efforts by the EVERLASTING JOY Foundation to empower widows to be self-reliance and self-sustaining.
Let me use this opportunity to thank the founder of this Foundation and the entire board of
trustees for their selflessness in reaching out to the needy at this time of our national life. On
behalf of the entire leadership of EVERLASTING JOY Foundation and all stakeholders, we
express our gratitude to the Women in media for their moral support and kind help towards the
success of this program.
On a closing note, let us all say no to gender discrimination, rape and social violence. We are
also advocating for more and robust inclusiveness of women in governance.
Long live EVERLASTING JOY Foundation
Long live FCT
Long live Nigeria
Dr. Olakunle Ogunjobi
Federal University Lokoja
FCT Coordinator, EVERLASTING JOY FOUNDATION

Re: Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT by JonDon12: 11:32am On Jun 08, 2020
Thank you for what you do. May GOD shower you with Grace and give you everlasting peace. Amen
Re: Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT by Azmanaty: 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
All these mushroom NGOs and foundations springing up everywhere just to cash out from unsuspecting potential western donors
Re: Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT by kingofbois: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kudos to you guys for the work well done. At least you have touched life’s positive and that’s a plus. Abeg where can I get government palliatives as am yet to receive mine. Lol
Re: Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT by ODJ124(m): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
nice one..

*I think my landlord is cleaning the house for me l found all my property outiside*���.

Re: Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT by envogue: 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
Wow, This is amazing.
Well done guys. God bless your efforts.
Re: Everlasting Joy Foundation Distribute Palliative To The Widows & Needy In FCT by sammieone(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
amazing effort...this will go a long way in supporting widows and others in need.

(1) (Reply)

APC Crises Worsen As Gaidom Run To The Police / Hon. Peter I. Aguele, Congratulates Gov Obaseki On His Emergence As Edo Pdp Can / Success Story Of Cg Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu At Nscdc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.