Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,717 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (32673 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Philistine(m): 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Slow down there nitwit cheesy before I send you off to the highway, I need to remind you that you brought your moronic self into my mentions with your tribalistic comments.

If you are not all dim-witted in your tribe you wouldn't have given me a meaningless mention to begin with.

Omo Ale!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 7:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
EzeAro:

is Efe Ajagba Urhobo? The guys the next big thing for Naija boxing, I'm an Igbo boy but I respect the achievements of the Urhobo. But don't lool down on your Itshekiri brothers, dem dey try too... all this hostility isn't needed.
I am not doing that. Urhobos are known for peace and hospitality but the ishekiri strangers have told us on several occasions that they are ungrateful bitches

please they are not my brothers. Urhobos have nothing to with them.

is Efe Ajagba Urhobo? yeah sure
I forget to mention him
in fact there are many more, I am not into all this kind of comparison. I hate. but the lies must stop.
in sports and entertainment, we are thriving very well. we dominate comedy literally. I don't like to brag but they started this. go through the thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

stop playing the smallest tribe now. you were so bold with education, civilization, influential, and literacy previously, so continue with that.
I have responded about Urhobo in the educational sector. I won't repeat myself.

DSP position and SP position are not given for free.
stealing a mace, he is not the first. the important thing is who is he now. that all am about.

Professor Itse Esanjumi Sagay, with all the influence and small votes fro your communities, it is not a bad position. now clap for yourself

for the past a present so many
these are the few prominent Urhobos in Nigeria. Google for some more

Demas Akpore, Deputy Governor, educationist, and politician
Alibaba Akporobome, comedian
Fred Aghogho Brume, senator and industrialist
Richard Mofe Damijo, actor and politician
Harris Eghagha, career soldier and diplomat
M. G. Ejaife, Urhobo nationalist, first republic Senator and the first principal of Urhobo College
David Ejoor, retired Nigerian army, and governor of the now-defunct Mid-Western Region
Justus Esiri, actor(late)
Kefee, gospel singer and composer(late)
Felix Ibru, Nigerian architect, senator, and governor
Michael Ibru, Nigerian businessman
Mudiaga Odje, Senior Advocate and Officer of Nigeria
Tanure Ojaide, poet and writer
Blessing Okagbare, IAAC silver medalist and Olympic bronze medalist
Isidore Okpewho, scholar and novelist
Ben Okri, poet and novelist
Daniel Edah, film producer
Bruce Onobrakpeya, visual artist, sculptor and painter
Gamaliel Onosode, administrator and politician
Stephen Oru, Minister of Nigeria
Igho Sanomi, businessman
Onigu Otite, Professor of Sociology (retired)
James Ibori, Governor of Delta state

Ayo Gabriel Irikefe former CJN

blessing okagbare - sport

ese brume- sport

divine oduduru- sport
there is even another Urhobo guy that is doing so well, cant remember his name

then comedy and entertainment, we are everywhere
you are too blind to see

prof sagay studied in cambridge. He was the first Nigerian to graduate with a 2.1 in a Nigerian institution. He is the only qualified and first dean of law in uniben back then. OK, EVEN FIRST 2.1 JOIN AS AN ACHIEVEMENT. YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT CELEBRANT MEDIOCRITY. SO MANY NIGERIAN AFTER HIM HAVE STUDIED ALSO IN CAMBRIDGE. SO? BACK THEN WHEN THERE WAS SCARCITY BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE NOW. HOW ISHEKIRIS ARE DEAN IN UNIBEN. your past should be all you have. if that is it, then we shouldn't be having this conversation in the first as you have proven me right so many times that all you have is just MOUTH AND PAPER.

Itsekiris have made great stride for small their population. WITH INFLUENCE AND I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE STRIDES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

Let that sink into your garri drinking head. I AM 100% SURE YOU AND YOUR LINAEGAE HAVE NEVER TASTED GARRI. talking NONSENSE.
I will list just 17 Itsekiris that made great achievement in Nigeria who have excelled in their field.

1. Sam Amuka (owner of Vanguard)
2. Sam Omatseye - poet (He is a 2019 recipient of the National Productivity Order of Merit)
3. Florence Omagbemi
4. Birsmac rewane - renowned economist
5. Oritsefemi
6. Omawumi
7. Amaju Pinnick ( first caf vice president)
8. Uduaghan
9. Tee mac (best Nigerian flutist)
10. Prof alele Williams
11. General Sunny Tuoyo (former military governor of Ondo state)
12. Dudu Omagbemi (holds Guinness world record unbeaten)
13. Gandoki (a comedian, who holds the Guinness record for longest comedy)
14. Prof itse sagay ( first dean of law in uniben, first Nigerian to grad with 2.1 in indigenous university, alumnus of cambridge university)
15. Ayo Oritsjafor (CAN president)
16. Utseoritiste Itsekiri (one of the best 100m runner in Nigeria currently, repping us in Olympics)
17. Daniel akpeyi (current goalkeeper of super eagles)

There are many others. I am trying to limit it to Itsekiria alive

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

I didn't want to correct this but the first senator was Stella omu from somewhere in isoko and she was there till 2003
The ijaws are master riggers at least our two lga has a larger voter strength than bomadi, burutu and patani combined. But bomadi always produces the highest vote in Delta State for any election

Ijaws have cheated Urhobos too because they have two federal constituencies as against your 3. Bomadi alone has one while Ughelli North and South and Udu shares one when the population of those three lga outnumbers all ijaws in Delta and ondo combined

I was going to say that, you're right. isoko's and ijaws have produced senators each and itsekiri has not. Datazone, hope you can now see that you're nobodys mate in delta state
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iriruaga100(m): 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Is actor Rmd itsekiri?

RMD is from Aladja, Udu local government
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

STFU
Go and produce a senator first
We rather need to team up with the urhobo population(native and settler) in warri instead
seriously this is the best option for you guys
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

You Afonja Muslims should stay of this. Stop inciting violence, u aren't even a stakeholder. If violence start it's always finds a way to be everybody against itsekiri and lives on both sides
You there not utter all this rubbish in warri, afonja Muslims stop inciting violence
Y'all have sold all your lands in Lagos to outsiders and now the trend has gotten to ogun state, ota and mowe axis are seriously been bought up by outsiders especially igbos but you concern is warri? Is ok
Isoko boy from two local government areas don't get to tell people where to go cheesy

You don't even have a voice in Delta state which is your state of orgin not to talk of having a voice on a platform such as Nairaland created by a Yoruba boy which is meant for all Nigerians.

You should first try to produce a senator or a governor before you begin to think of having a right to make statements about major stakeholders in Nigeria. cheesy

Go and start Isoko land and put censorship against Yorubas and see if Yorubas would care.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

I was going to say that, you're right. isoko's and ijaws have produced senators each and itsekiri has not. Datazone, hope you can now see that you're nobodys mate in delta state
for an ethnic group with so much influence, education, civilization, and highest literacy level. smh
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

for an ethnic group with so much influence, education, civilization, and highest literacy level. smh
No small tribe in Nigeria has achieved more than the Itsekiris. Mumu girl

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Philistine(m): 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Slow Isoko boy from two local government areas don't get to tell people where to go cheesy

You don't even have a voice in Delta state which is your state of orgin not to talk of having a voice on a platform such as Nairaland created by a Yoruba boy which is meant for all Nigerians

You should first try to produce a senator or a governor before you begin to think of having a right to make statements about major stakeholders in Nigeria cheesy

Go and start Isoko land and put censorship against Yorubas and see if Yorubas would care.
Don't you have shame?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
Done
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

thank God you know you are a small tribe
get lost

Pepper body cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 7:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
Philistine:

Don't you have shame? This thread has nothing to do with Yorubas, why are you trying to attract insults on us? That's why I say Yorubas are dumb. No apology for that.
Did I mention Yoruba before you started peeing your pants like a kindergarten pupil. cheesy
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iriruaga100(m): 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
mousco:
Ijaw r the rightful owners of Ogbe Ijoh Market... Ogbe Ijoh is an Ijaw community which is the local government headquarters of Warri South West. For those of you commenting rubbish, we shouldn't confuse ourselves on something we know little or nothing about. For those Itsekiris ask yourself how many of you are living in Ogbe Ijoh? The answer is none.

So why claiming the market?

Peace is what we want not war.

Where Ogbe-ijoh take jump from River take own market for Agbasa community?? Even the local government headquarter is not recognized as ogbe-ijoh in Abuja. The place called ogbe-ijoh is a land leased to man called Okotomu by Aladja people in Udu local government area..

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by EzeAro: 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

I will list just 17 Itsekiris that made great achievement in Nigeria who have excelled in their field.

2. Sam Omatseye - poet (He is a 2019 recipient of the National Productivity Order of Merit)
3. Florence Omagbemi
5. Oritsefemi
6. Omawumi
8. Uduaghan
10. Prof alele Williams
14. Prof itse sagay ( first dean of law in uniben, first Nigerian to grad with 2.1 in indigenous university, alumnus of cambridge university)
16. Utseoritiste Itsekiri (one of the best 100m runner in Nigeria currently, repping us in Olympics)

Didn't know Daniel Akpeyi was Itshekiri, Wikipedia says he was born in Nnewi but his last name doesn't sound Igbo.

1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

In federal level, apart from that mace criminal which Urhobo man can you single out? And how long did it take the largest tribe in delta to get there? Urhobos

The first governor
Of Midwest Chereleene is an urhoboman
David Edvid Edjor Governor
Ogbemudia Governor
Oloriogun Felix Ibru Governor
Ibori Governor
Utuama Deputy Governor
Ewrudjakpor Deputy Governor
Dafinone - Senator
Ewherido- Senator
Agwariawodo- Senator
Amori- Senator
In Buharis Regime
Omo-agege - Senator ( DSP)
FESTUS KEYAMO- MINISTER
Ben Okumagba- Appointed MD NDDC
Ogboru- worked with abacha
oloriogun otega emerhor- APC chairman delta state
Hon Sheriff Oberevwori- Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly
Executive Director Projects NDDC
Executive Director Nexim
Chairman NSITF niger
ambassador vietnam
member RMFC

These are the few urhobo politicians i can remember in delta state. what sensitive government office have itsekiris been elected or appointed into?

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

3. Florence Omagbemi
5. Oritsefemi
6. Omawumi
8. Uduaghan
10. Prof alele Williams

this are all, I guess the education was too much that you guys could not get anything done.
after how many years of education.
please give me the total years?
Dudu Omagbemi for cricket. how is that relevant. I don't think any India knows him. I pass
Gandoki he is irrelevant now. next
Utseoritiste Itsekiri. I won't write anything bad for him as he is my friend. he has an Urhobo mother by the way. his Urhobo name is ese. Urhobo guy Raymond Ekevwo has won him in all races they have ran.

seriously there is nothing special in the list above. no sector there that Urhobo doesn't double or triple you guys except for maybe the education sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Pepper body cheesy grin
you mean your body
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

No small tribe in Nigeria has achieved more than the Itsekiris. Mumu girl
SMALL TRIBE
now get lost
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
Where is that Isoko boy that alternates between monikers because of Ishekiri oil

I still have with my cane here oh grin
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Slow Isoko boy from two local government areas don't get to tell people where to go cheesy

You don't even have a voice in Delta state which is your state of orgin not to talk of having a voice on a platform such as Nairaland created by a Yoruba boy which is meant for all Nigerians

You should first try to produce a senator or a governor before you begin to think of having a right to make statements about major stakeholders in Nigeria cheesy

Typical afonja idiot comparing diiiiks with small tribes. If them born your papa well go and say all this your rubbish for warri. Internet warrior forming itsekiri Ally

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Where is that Isoko boy that alternates between monikers because of Ishekiri oil

I still have with my cane here oh grin

Werey boy
So this is sammy7
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Bros tell the kolo, na the leg when Okumagba family give Itsekiri naim make them dey claim land.. The whole of okere na Okumagba get am including where their palace. I ask am who sell Ayo church land give am? If she answer that question this argument is closed... Don't give Itsekiri and ijaw man chance, else them go drag your property.

Yet you people keep selling land to them like there is no tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

Typical afonja idiot comparing diiiiks with small tribes. If them born your papa well go and say all this your rubbish for warri. Internet warrior forming itsekiri Ally
Ogbeni even my own ibadan pass Isoko by a million miles

No be you be internet warrior making mouth like a woman with no shame

You are nobody before Nigeria, nobody in Nigeria and you might continue to be nobody if you continue to compare yourself to the great Yorubas cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Philistine:

You are too slow to be a Yoruba, stop disgracing us. Omo Ale!

I wonder why idiots omo ale jatijati like Iamgrey5 keeps disgracing Yoruba people

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

Werey boy
So this is sammy7
Sammy is another Yoruba boy that must have flogged you silly.

Like I said, your tribe is not even amongst the top ten in Nigeria, Still you compare yourself to tribe that produced two president in Two different African countries.

You should only compare your tribe to a third tier town in Yoruba land or village next time.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

You Did not mention
okieriete Onaodowan -Grammy Award Winner
Sammy Okposu

Nollywood
Justice Esiri Veteran Actor
Chico Ejir
Zep Ejiro
Fred And Jeta Amata
Ufuoma Mcdermmot

Ben Okri the poet and novelist
isidore okpewho Scholar and novelist
Chris- our daily manner

Onoriode Godzilla- Boxing Chaimpion
David Defiagbon- Olympic Boxing Champion
Peter Dedevbo, Nigerian U20 Nationail Women Coach

Fred Akporobrume Industrialist
MG EJAIFE, industrialist

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
EzeAro:

Didn't know Daniel Akpeyi was Itshekiri, Wikipedia says he was born in Nnewi but his last name doesn't sound Igbo.

That's why he's such a terrible keeper, I bet akpeyi means basket in itsekiri

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Smoke55:
what Is This Wan Saying?
foRGeT it

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Meaning what?
urhobo & ibo, which came fiRSt
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Sammy is another Yoruba boy that must have flogged you silly.

Like I said, your tribe is not even amongst the top ten in Nigeria, Still you compare yourself to tribe that produced two president in Two different African countries.

You should only compare your tribe to a third tier town in Yoruba land or village next time.cheesy

We have never claimed to be majority in anywhere, so what's your deal?
You are not typical of Yoruba omoluabiz

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Godwin Emefiele's Presidential Campaign Posters Emerge (Photo) / Atiku's Close Friend Kwande Urges Him To 'pick Up The Phone And Call Buhari' / Wike Commissions Doctors Quarters In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.