Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,368 members, 7,900,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:29 PM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (32946 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

You Did not mention
okieriete Onaodowan -Grammy Award Winner
Sammy Okposu

Nollywood
Justice Esiri Veteran Actor
Chico Ejir
Zep Ejiro
Fred And Jeta Amata
Ufuoma Mcdermmot

Ben Okri the poet and novelist
isidore okpewho Scholar and novelist
Chris- our daily manner

Onoriode Godzilla- Boxing Chaimpion
David Defiagbon- Olympic Boxing Champion
Peter Dedevbo, Nigerian U20 Nationail Women Coach

Fred Akporobrume Industrialist
MG EJAIFE, industrialist
even omoni oboli. her movies have been on number one in Netflix for some weeks now
some up there are isokos like the amatas, ejiro and Sammy okposio

there are too numerous to mention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

We have never claimed to be majority in anywhere, so what's your deal?
You are not typical of Yoruba omoluabiz
I am typical Yoruba omoluabi cool

I mind my own business until people insult me
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

Yet you people keep selling land to them like there is no tomorrow
that was then
there is nothing wrong with hospitality. Urhobos are also settlers in other parts of Nigeria like plateau, some western states, edo etc.
since they have proven to be ungrateful guest its now time to make a u-turn
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
EzeAro:

Didn't know Daniel Akpeyi was Itshekiri, Wikipedia says he was born in Nnewi but his last name doesn't sound Igbo.
He is a full blooded Itsekiri from delta. He was born there doesn't mean he's from there you know. A simple trick is to go to Facebook and type any surname you don't know and see where others who bear the surname come from. Boom! Your answer. You'll see he is from Warri. I can provide you links but I've just shown you an expo. Thank me later. cheesy
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

SMALL TRIBE
now get lost
he's RiGht in a way
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
he's RiGht in a way
they had better exposure than Urhobo for so long. Urhobos will keep on striving

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I am typical Yoruba omoluabi cool

I mind my own business until people insult me

Yhenyhenyhen
Omoluabi my foot
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

The first governor
Of Midwest Chereleene is an urhoboman
David Edvid Edjor Governor
Ogbemudia Governor
Oloriogun Felix Ibru Governor
Ibori Governor
Utuama Deputy Governor
Ewrudjakpor Deputy Governor
Dafinone - Senator
Ewherido- Senator
Agwariawodo- Senator
Amori- Senator
Omo-agege - Senator ( DSP)
FESTUS KEYAMO- MINISTER
Ben Okumagba- Appointed MD NDDC
Ogboru- worked with abacha
oloriogun otega emerhor- APC chairman delta state
Hon Sheriff Oberevwori- Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly

These are the few urhobo politicians i can remember in delta state. what sensitive government office have itsekiris been elected or appointed into?
I will only list Itsekiri politicians that have bested all the names on this list.
1. Alfred rewane
2. Chief festus okotie eboh( Nigeria first finance minister, founding founders of CBN)
3. Chief Arthur Prest (first communication minister in Nigeria)
4. General sam tuoyo (former military governor of ondo)

I don't want to go into Delta politics because Itsekiris are minority yet they have a strong foot in the state.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

I will only list Itsekiri politicians that have bested all the names on this list.
1. Alfred rewane
2. Chief festus okotie eboh( Nigeria first finance minister, founding founders of CBN)
3. Chief Arthur Prest (first communication minister in Nigeria)
4. General sam tuoyo (former military governor of ondo)

I don't want to go into Delta politics because Itsekiris are minority yet they have a strong foot in the state.
keep comparing bullshit
why don't you discuss ishekiri at present

please go into delta state politics
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

this are all, I guess the education was too much that you guys could not get anything done.
after how many years of education.
please give me the total years?
Dudu Omagbemi for cricket. how is that relevant. I don't think any India knows him. I pass
Gandoki he is irrelevant now. next
Utseoritiste Itsekiri. I won't write anything bad for him as he is my friend. he has an Urhobo mother by the way. his Urhobo name is ese. Urhobo guy Raymond Ekevwo has won him in all races they have ran.

seriously there is nothing special in the list above. no sector there that Urhobo doesn't double or triple you guys except for maybe the education sector.
You won't say anything bad about him because he is your friend, this proves you are sentimental. Apart from education, Itsekiris have shown to better administrators in sports (florence omagbemi who is a coach and record holder and amaju who is first vice caf president). In magazine and news, we have Vanguard Newspaper. You don't know what it takes to achieve feats like this that's why it won't be beneficial to you. What record have you made in your class back then as a student, what about your village. My friend go and sit down.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by EzeAro: 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

He is a full blooded Itsekiri from delta. He was born there doesn't mean he's from there you know. A simple trick is to go to Facebook and type any surname you don't know and see where others who bear the surname come from. Boom! Your answer. You'll see he is from Warri. I can provide you links but I've just shown you an expo. Thank me later. cheesy
Nice, make una stop the fighting though
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

even omoni oboli. her movies have been on number one in Netflix for some weeks now

I just confirmed that of omoni iboli (what does it mean in urhobo sef), she's doing quite well for herself like very well and even fathia Balogun
It seems urhobo and isoko parents have done a very good job in alienating their children from their roots. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the likes of omoni iboli to do something peculiar for her people since she's actively involved in movie production just like mercy Johnson has done with inikpi of igala and is still actively involved in her state mentorship etc
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Efewestern: 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

That's a big lie. List the Indigenous Urhobo communities in Warri south. 2/3 my foot. No one is arguing Uvwie. Uvwie is an Urhobo LGA but Aja Uma (recognized name in all government levels) is an Itsekiri word and an Itsekiri community. I know because my relatives are from there

Urhobo is 2/3 of Warri south yet cant produce a chairman. Don't deceive the public

Urhobo has two clans in warri south while Itsekiri has some few settlements, Urhobo communities are the major heartbeat of Warri South and they are;

Igbudu
Edjeba
Ogunu
Okurode (Okurode Urhobo),
Okere

Aja Uma isn't a recognized name anywhere, provide a document that acknowledges Aja Uma as a separate town, you guys spread lies and also believe in your lies, I have been to that place and the place is 100% Uvwie, intermarriage was the reason you find few Itsekiris around. I'm waiting for a document or reference acknowledging Aja Uma as a separate town.

The tiny town is behind of NNPC housing complex, which all belongs to Ekpan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Bros tell the kolo, na the leg when Okumagba family give Itsekiri naim make them dey claim land.. The whole of okere na Okumagba get am including where their palace. I ask am who sell Ayo church land give am? If she answer that question this argument is closed... Don't give Itsekiri and ijaw man chance, else them go drag your property.

Datazone is a clown. i wont even engage her further
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

You won't say anything bad about him because he is your friend, this proves you are sentimental. Apart from education, Itsekiris have shown to better administrators in sports (florence omagbemi who is a coach and record holder and amaju who is first vice caf president). In magazine and news, we have Vanguard Newspaper. You don't know what it takes to achieve feats like this that's why it won't be beneficial to you. What record have you made in your class back then as a student, what about your village. My friend go and sit down.
I wish I can see you face to face to hear this rubbish from your mouth
I take my friend seriously. no point of bad mouthing someone to prove a point on a faceless forum.
ishekiri only got lucky with those positions. I think uduagha also aided Pinnock with that. it's all about politics and opportunity at that time. good timing. it could have been anyone. nothing special slowpoke!

ibrus own guardian newspaper. it was founded by one of the ibru brothers
Solomon ogba though isoko headed athletic federation at some point. do you see them repeating it all over the place

you keep on repeating the same names all over the place for a position, not even special.rubbish.

I am not here to discuss my academic records, to massage your small ego

I only have myself to prove that to

what else do you people even have
nothing
keep on repeating same names

Emmanuel ibru was once a board member at NFF.

shut up your mouth. you are so irrelevant
achieve feat...feat that people have achieved already
coming here to brag rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

I just confirmed that of omoni iboli (what does it mean in urhobo sef), she's doing quite well for herself like very well and even fathia Balogun
It seems urhobo and isoko parents have done a very good job in alienating their children from their roots. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the likes of omoni iboli to do something peculiar for her people since she's actively involved in movie production just like mercy Johnson has done with inikpi of igala and is still actively involved in her state mentorship etc
full name is omonigho means A child is greater than money.

that's up to her

It seems Urhobo and isoko parents have done a very good job in alienating their children from their roots.- this is definitely not true. fathia was born in ibadan I guess, to an Urhobo father and Yoruba mother.

omoni is still very much connected to her root. you can check her out on instagram

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

this are all, I guess the education was too much that you guys could not get anything done.
after how many years of education.
please give me the total years?
Dudu Omagbemi for cricket. how is that relevant. I don't think any India knows him. I pass
Gandoki he is irrelevant now. next
Utseoritiste Itsekiri. I won't write anything bad for him as he is my friend. he has an Urhobo mother by the way. his Urhobo name is ese. Urhobo guy Raymond Ekevwo has won him in all races they have ran.

seriously there is nothing special in the list above. no sector there that Urhobo doesn't double or triple you guys except for maybe the education sector.
This is not all. Let me give you some
1. The MD of Conoil - Dr Ebi Omatsola is a renowned geologist and expert in oil and gas in Nigeria
2. Matse from Matsecooks (check her on Instagram to learn how to cook because your food will likely be poison) . She is one of the best chef in Nigeria
3. Patrick doyle - actor
4. Alex eyengho. Former secretary general of actors guild in Nigeria
5. Tosan Jemide - an expert in cakes who is known in Nigeria
7. Toju Foyeh - award winning fashion designer
8. Tosan okorodudu - starred in Britain's got talent
9. Omatsola Oburoh - BBN contestant
10. Clare omatseye - current president of development bank of Nigeria and owner of an award winning company
11. Tsolaye Jeremi - Linda ikeji baby papa. He's is oil mogul and billionaire

If you notice, most Itsekiris I have listed are experts in their field. No room for mediocrity.

And take note, most Urhobos who excel always have Itsekiris as a mother.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Smoke55: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
foRGeT it
berra! But Wait Ooo Which Wan Is MOnkeyBabe again bikonu? or you mean baby monkey?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Smoke55: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
sylve11:

You don't know that babe. She go make you laugh.... grin cool
really? probably never came across her funny comments or threads.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

Wellington Jighere ( Scrabble Champion)

Oghenekaro Etebo
Endurance Oduduru

Daniel edah film producer

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Efewestern: 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Datazone is a clown. i wont even engage her further

Imagine her giving a strange name to a place I know very well, place I have been too, interacted with the locals.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

1. The MD of Conoil - Dr Ebi Omatsola is a renowned geologist and expert in oil and gas in Nigeria
2. Matse from Matsecooks (check her on Instagram to learn how to cook because your food will likely be poison) . She is one of the best chef in Nigeria
3. Patrick doyle - actor
10. Clare omatseye - current president of development bank of Nigeria and owner of an award winning company

If you notice, most Itsekiris I have listed are experts in their field. No room for mediocrity.

before I respond to others thing you name there
apart from rmd and ibori please name the urhobos with ishekiri mothers that have excel

facts and evidence only

everything here
also name the ishekiris with urhobo mothers and compare the numbers

put everything here

as I know that most ishekiris marry urhobo. infact the marriages between ishekiri and ishekiri are very rare. I wonder why. you can thrown more light on it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Wellington Jighere ( Scrabble Champion)

Oghenekaro Etebo
Endurance Oduduru

Daniel edah film producer

to numerous abeg

against all odds, we keep on striving

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

STFU
Go and produce a senator first
We rather need to team up with the urhobo population(native and settler) in warri instead
Urhobos are not regarded in Delta south. They wont have impact in that election. Take note, the three Warri LGA always bring the highest number of votes in all the 25 LGA. In fact, during Uduaghan election, the vote from Warri Southwest was over 25,000 which more than the vote from sapele, Ethiopia west, udu and Okpe combined. Go and check the facts
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Philistine(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ogbeni even my own ibadan pass Isoko by a million miles

No be you be internet warrior making mouth like a woman with no shame

You are nobody before Nigeria, nobody in Nigeria and you might continue to be nobody if you continue to compare yourself to the great Yorubas cheesy

Just look at him, Dumbest tribe in the universe, why not take over and let the war be between isoko and Yorubas! Oponu
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

I currently reside in udu local government,l. There is Itsekiri community here. After the bitter tales with ogbe-ijoh, no one will all land grabbers settle here.. In the whole of Jesse town you won't Itsekiri village there. Same for Mosogar, sapele and okpe. The current Orodje of Okpe stopped you guys form your yearly festival.
When last you visit sapele? Nor enter ogu-aja, ikomi, itsekiri road, Ugberikoko go talk this one o. Them.go behead you for day time , no fly go cough. Your orodje of sapele banned Itsekiri from performing their masquerade. Itsekiris flouted the order and carried it out. Noise nor dey. All the big men in sapele are Itsekiri currently. There's Michael Diden - Ejele former aspirant for the senatorial district. There's chief omolubi who waged war with Ijaws during the crisis. There's Mr Boyo owner of foodland. There is Mr Ebosa, desopadec boss. Your orodje go sleep jail if him venture touch any Itsekiri for sapele

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Philistine:

Just look at him, Dumbest tribe in the universe, why not take over and let the war be between isoko and Yorubas! Oponu
Isoko vs a second tier Yoruba city like Osogbo cheesy
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

3. Patrick doyle - actor

Brigadier-General Dominic Obukadata Oneya (born May 26, 1948) was Administrator of Kano State, Nigeria from August 1996 to August 1998 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha, then Administrator of Benue State from August 1998 to May 1999 during the transitional regime of General Abdulsalami Abubakar, handing over power to the elected executive governor George Akume on 29 May 1999.[1] Later, he became Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association.

Tosan okorodudu is urhobo, at least that is what the surname says

you even mentioned omashola, so shameless. karen igho, efe all from big brother and won, you mentioned that dumb boy. smh

acting guide and actor, we have numerous

you mention conoil, I am very sure you will find tens of urhobos in that position. don't have time to start digging. I have a life

you are definitely a kid. cake and fashion design experts.smh. you must be stupid

Matse from Matsecooks-- that tacha asslicking

you must be teenager

babypapa sef an work. your self esteem must be very low

gosh! I cant believe I am having a conversation with a retard

development bank of Africa, common MD. cecelia ibru was the most prominent banker in her time before sanusi happened.

what else, another digged up for rubbish

mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Urhobos are not regarded in Delta south. They wont have impact in that election. Take note, the three Warri LGA always bring the highest number of votes in all the 25 LGA. In fact, during Uduaghan election, the vote from Warri Southwest was over 25,000 which more than the vote from sapele, Ethiopia west, udu and Okpe combined. Go and check the facts
done from rigging with heavy assistant from his Urhobo cousin
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

I was going to say that, you're right. isoko's and ijaws have produced senators each and itsekiri has not. Datazone, hope you can now see that you're nobodys mate in delta state
Senator is in the pipeline coming. Itsekiris have been a governor ahead of Ijaw and Isoko. I foresee Ijaws taking a governorship while Itsekiri a senator in the next governorship election after delta Central's turn. I know Itsekiri and ijaw will form an alliance against the irrelevant isokos in delta south during their turn.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

When last you visit sapele? Nor enter ogu-aja, ikomi, itsekiri road, Ugberikoko go talk this one o. Them.go behead you for day time , no fly go cough. Your orodje of sapele banned Itsekiri from performing their masquerade. Itsekiris flouted the order and carried it out. Noise nor dey. All the big men in sapele are Itsekiri currently. There's Michael Diden - Ejele former aspirant for the senatorial district. There's chief omolubi who waged war with Ijaws during the crisis. There's Mr Boyo owner of foodland. There is Mr Ebosa, desopadec boss. Your orodje go sleep jail if him venture touch any Itsekiri for sapele
shut your mouth and stop spewing thrash online
ishekiri are nothing

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Senator is in the pipeline coming. Itsekiris have been a governor ahead of Ijaw and Isoko. I foresee Ijaws taking a governorship while Itsekiri a senator in the next governorship election after delta Central's turn. I know Itsekiri and ijaw will form an alliance against the irrelevant isokos in delta south during their turn.
governor assisted by is Urhobo cousin
why don't you wait to achieve such feat before licking your lips daydreaming

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

We Can’t Sack Service Chiefs Now – Presidency / Edo: Inauguration Of PDP National Campaign Council For Edo Election (Photos) / Man Rescued Scared INEC Official Who Ran Into His Compound In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.