Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,157 members, 7,949,974 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others (4960 Views)

Idowu Christianah: Alleged Serial Killer, Adeleye Ayomide Arrested (Pictures) / White Handkerchief Tied On Victims Of Port-Harcourt Serial Killer (Photos) / Who Is The Serial Killer In Port Harcourt Hotels, Killing Many Ladies? (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Clifford Orji the first Known Nigerial Serial Cannibal , little was know or investigated about him ,then police weren't as transparent as now , but as usual we would get live photos of his victims , his life , and other Nigerians who threaded the part of the moyawaki moster Jeffery Dahmer.

I'll be updating soon , Follow me and I'll follow you right back ...

Omar09

3 Likes

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Mraphel: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
Cannibalism, eating human flesh must be stopped.

Father raping their daughters is not our culture in Igboland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Beedehmee(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by McGg: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Horrible
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Bojack(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
following

1 Like

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mraphel:
Cannibalism, eating human flesh must be stopped.

Father raping their daughters is not our culture in Igboland
yeah I wrote about rape somewhere else , this is a thread of a Cannibal who did not rape his victims but ate them the only other Famous person who was born this way was Jeffery Dahmer, #stoprape

NB: rape can never be stopped , animals have been known to rape from time , (and yes we are animals too) there will always be rapist , there will always be cannibals , there must be death it's life learn to accept that now and thank me later or never dude , you owe nobody thank you for your life it's not a gift , there must be life .

1 Like

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Many Nigerians may have forgotten him, but not many Lagosians will!

His name is Clifford Orji, Nigeria’s first known cannibal.

The news of his relief-bringing death filtered in on the 17th of August, 2012.

He died of unknown causes at the Kirikiri Maximum Prisons, Lagos.

Clifford was arrested in February 3, 1999, and charged before an Ebute-Meta Magistrate’s Court in Lagos on February 19 of the same year.

As early as 6 a.m. in the morning, crowds still gathered at Toyota Bus Stop, Oshodi-Isolo Expressway, Clifford’s former kitchen.

The cries of Awawu, an emaciated and shackled woman from Agege gave him away.

According to his confession to the police, Clifford and his accomplice, Tahiru have been killing fellow human beings for dinner.

People in the neighbourhood always suspected that Clifford Orji was strangely different.

He used to sell razor blades at the bustling Oshodi market, before he shifted his abode to a self-created grotto under the highway bridge in Isolo, where he advertised himself as a native doctor.

Occasionally, he violently pursued stray-walkers to his “sanctuary” during day time. In the dead of the night, he usually blanketed the air around with the meat-like odour from his special barbecue.

People merely suspected that this barbecue-loving recluse was not normal; that he was possibly mad—but no one was prepared for the horrendous discovery of that haunting Wednesday morning.

Clifford Orji was a cannibal—a man eater!

The discovery sent shock waves throughout the sprawling metropolis of about seven million people, drawing hundreds of people to the under-the-bridge abode of Orji, where he also kept a well-kitted kitchen to prepare cooked and roasted human flesh!

How long the afro-haired man from Enugu State has been feeding on human flesh in Lagos before his eventual arrest is still unknown till this day!

And also is the actual number of people he has slaughtered for dinner—Orji did not reveal much during police interrogations.

A shrill cry of a famished and emaciated lady, waiting to be slaughtered, was what gave Orji away that Wednesday.

The noise attracted passers-by who not only discovered the woman but also stumbled on a collection of human parts in Orji’s make-shift home. Human bones, skulls, legs, hands, freshly cooked soup with human meat, were discovered.

The uproar triggered by this shock discovery was said to have attracted men of the Operation Sweep.

Surrounded, Orji attempted to escape.
But the police quickly arrested him and took him to the Makinde Police Station in Oshodi, nearby. The lady being dressed for slaughtering, and who Orji had turned into a sex-slave for several days, was freed and taken to the hospital in Ikeja.

The arrest of another person, said to be Orji’s accomplice in the human-flesh eating business introduced a new dimension to the tragedy.

Police found that Orji and his friend were not just human eaters, they were also human spare-parts sellers, as money, cheques were said to have been recovered at the make-shift home at the popular Toyota Bus Stop on the Oshodi-Isolo Expressway.

Were Orji and his accomplice mad?

Some people interviewed at the scene of the tragedy believed they were sane. Some did not.

On the following Thursday, Orji and his accomplice were paraded to newsmen by the Lagos State Police Commissioner, Sunday Aghedo.

The journalists who crowded the premises of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, covered their noses with handkerchief while interviewing Orji who claimed to be a native of Enugu State.

The state commissioner of police described the two men as human eaters.

On display beside them were roasted parts of human beings – heads, leg, hand and the abdomen.

One severed head wore a permed hair of a lady identified as “Eno”, a trader from Akwa Ibom State.
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
END of Clifford
Until Friday, August 17, when news broke that Clifford Orji, an alleged notorious cannibal had passed on in his cell at the Kirikiri Maximum Prisons in Apapa, most Lagosians who knew his episode had long forgotten about him.

Of all the mysteries surrounding the capture of the Lagos “man-eater”, the fate of the missing heads is the most disturbing. Clifford Orji was caught frying up human feet and ribs for breakfast under a city flyover. Severed hands lay about the place. There was even a policeman’s helmet resting on some bones. But days later the skulls of his uncounted victims are still nowhere to be found.

Joseph Bello stumbled on the cannibal as he walked home after a night vigil at a local church. Bello heard a strange song from bushes next to the flyover and noticed a shack built of car tyres. As he moved closer, the odd smell of cooking flesh hit his nostrils. He peeped into the shack. “When I saw human limbs and other parts roasting on the fire I was transfixed,” he said.

Bello alerted other people around the underpass. A crowd gathered and burst into the shack. They were confronted by severed feet and rib cages, and chunks of flesh.

Orji ran. The crowd gave chase.

No one noticed a small, emaciated woman imprisoned inside the tyres of Orji’s shack. It was only after he was caught and dragged back to watch the mob demolish his home that Awawu Lawal was discovered awaiting her turn on the menu. The sight of the filthy, starving woman drove the crowd wild. They beat her captor until the police arrived. Lawal died several days later after falling into a coma.

The crowd then turned their attention to a man they knew to be Orji’s friend, Tahiru Aliyu. He lived nearby. The mob tore his shack down too, and found a 4m pit underneath where some of the victims were kept before they were killed and cooked.

Orji, who is in his 30s, was sometimes seen wandering naked or chasing complete strangers, ranting at them and waving a stick. Despite his thick matted hair and filthy clothes he managed to convince some people that he was a traditional healer, which may be how he lured his victims.

The cannibal told the police he would entrance women by blowing on their foreheads and they would then follow him back to the underpass. “I will have a sexual affair with her to a state of coma before we slaughter her and roast,” he said. “I am not alone. I have between four and 10 people. They take their own parts and go while I wait for another `meat’.”

Orji’s statement to the police has fuelled speculation that he was butchering his victims for more than his own consumption. People in the area said they regularly saw upmarket cars stopping beneath the flyover. To some it explains why none of the victims heads have been found.

In Nigeria there is a discreet trade in body parts for religious or medicinal ceremonies. The case has disturbing echoes of earlier killings when a man called Innocent Ikeanyanwu was discovered with the head of a 10-year-old boy.

In police detention he said he had been regularly shipping severed heads to some highly placed Nigerians for ancient rituals. But before he could name names, Ikeanyanwu died in custody of “cardiac arrest”.

A fortnight after the arrest of Orji and his partner, the flyover has become a tourist site. Lagosians are selling pictures of the human remains on the grills and calendars of the cannibal and his friend. Orji is confined to the Yaba Psychiatric hospital. The police are suspicious of the claim he is insane in part because he told them he was “mad”.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Not much are known about these cannibalistic modafvckers , but there are sitting on cold ice in kirikiri prison

There were actually caught when they were stewing up their kill . Very Sloppy , disgrace to our list of notorious cannibals

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
Was Clifford affected by his 'culture' to be cannibalistic or was he born this way ? Nature or Nurture
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
So I was able to get little 'unprofessional' information from a 2016 blog
We always hear these stories but some of us end up convincing our selves that they are not true but perhaps this shocking story might change our thinking . Yesterdy afternoon, Saturday 29th October, Police has captured two men red handed while feeding on human flesh while still even possessing some of the yet to be cooked bodies.

According to residents of Kiboga, a village located along Hoima road, these two men have been killing and feeding on fellow village mates as people have always been disappearing without any trace not until these two men were suspected and later on captured with all the needed evidence.

They really are just sloppy bastards who unfortunately were born with the fetish of eating people (humour intended)
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by hahn(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Was Clifford affected by his 'culture' to be cannibalistic or was he born this way ? Nature or Nurture

You should take this thing further and give him a visit and interview him. I'm sure he's still in kirikiri. I've known people who went there and met him and from what I heard he is living large. How? I have no idea.

His trial has not been concluded. It would be nice to get into his brain and hear his own side of the story.

There are lots of stories in Nigeria that get abandoned because of myths and superstition. We might actually have more serial killers and cannibals in Nigeria than we care to admit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 8:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
hahn:

You should take this thing further and give him a visit and interview him. I'm sure he's still in kirikiri. I've known people who went there and met him and from what I heard he is living large. How? I have no idea.

His trial has not been concluded. It would be nice to get into his brain and hear his own side of the story.

There are lots of stories in Nigeria that get abandoned because of myths and superstition. We might actually have more serial killers and cannibals in Nigeria than we care to admit.
I'm a professional photographer , and journalist on leisure , I would not mind us meeting up to make this possible .Of course we can interview him if he's still alive he will gladly listen and give us insight to his mind , thank you haha for this idea . I'm in Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by MJBOLT: 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
i thought orji died years ago in prison

hahn:

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
MJBOLT:
i thought orji died years ago in prison

I thought as much , the non transparency of our police then made it hard for the public to know the monsters among us.
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by MJBOLT: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
i still believe he's alive somewhere,somehow.dem ogas at the top have been protecting him like forever.

TheSourcerer:
I thought as much , the non transparency of our police then made it hard for the public to know the monsters among us.
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
MJBOLT:
i still believe he's alive somewhere,somehow.dem ogas at the top have been protecting him like forever.

I could ask my dad , but he is not too keen on my choice of path

I wish I could meet with Wole soyinka , if you are here sir you are the only man I respect , been one of the first Atheists to come out , I'll make sure we talk before my death sir , I know you have answers for the youths to return Nigeria to her fomer glory , We are ready Sir!

1 Like

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by hahn(m): 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I'm a professional photographer , and journalist on leisure , I would not mind us meeting up to make this possible .Of course we can interview him if he's still alive he will gladly listen and give us insight to his mind , thank you haha for this idea . I'm in Abeokuta

You didn't reply my email
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
hahn:

You didn't reply my email
oh that doesn't work nairaland disabled that , here .
darnleypedro22@gmail.com
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by CAPSLOCKED: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Not much are known about these cannibalistic modafvckers , but there are sitting on cold ice in kirikiri prison

There were actually caught when they were stewing up their kill . Very Sloppy , disgrace to our list of notorious cannibals

I RATHER EAT A LIVE VULTURE.
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I RATHER EAT A LIVE VULTURE.
ahhhhh Vultures are I dunno very very ugly to me so if I were to pick , ugly over uglier bro ..
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by hahn(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
oh that doesn't work nairaland disabled that , here .
darnleypedro22@gmail.com

Sent

1 Like

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Palehair: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Clifford Orji the first Known Nigerial Serial Cannibal , little was know or investigated about him ,then police weren't as transparent as now , but as usual we would get live photos of his victims , his life , and other Nigerians who threaded the part of the moyawaki moster Jeffery Dahmer.

Dang it. I wanted to give mods a piece of my mind before he closed your previous thread.
Good grief, I couldn't comment in that thread because it's closed so I had to pick another to comment on.
I'm so sorry man. Those geezers are just following where the money goes, it's always the same thing everyday, the Floyd protest, fake corona virus statistics and celebs making a fool out of themselves. I don't blame them. I blame this country. When you live in a country where religion have eaten into the molecular structure of the masses, anything controversial makes them popluck and you go with the status quo but finally there is a revolt. A revolution is definitely at hand and it's starting with you.
I am solidly behind you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 7:27am On Jun 10, 2020
Palehair:

Dang it. I wanted to give mods a piece of my mind before he closed your previous thread.
Good grief, I couldn't comment in that thread because it's closed so I had to pick another to comment on.
I'm so sorry man. Those geezers are just following where the money goes, it's always the same thing everyday, the Floyd protest, fake corona virus statistics and celebs making a fool out of themselves. I don't blame them. I blame this country. When you live in a country where religion have eaten into the molecular structure of the masses, anything controversial makes them popluck and you go with the status quo but finally there is a revolt. A revolution is definitely at hand and it's starting with you.
I am solidly behind you
good morning brother I hope you slept well, I just woke up and saw the topic has been taken down , I guess it means I should scream louder , Malcom one said ,make noise to get attention don't just keep mute scream kick shout until you are heard , I'm definitely not giving up , even now I've had good friends planning on helping with a blog and a YouTube channel (real nice people from NL) ,hope you're having a nice morning already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Palehair: 9:09am On Jun 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
good morning brother I hope you slept well, I just woke up and saw the topic has been taken down , I guess it means I should scream louder , Malcom one said ,make noise to get attention don't just keep mute scream kick shout until you are heard , I'm definitely not giving up , even now I've had good friends planning on helping with a blog and a YouTube channel (real nice people from NL) ,hope you're having a nice morning already
Morning man. I really love that idea of your own blog and vlog, can't wait to see the big things ahead but in the mean time, let's continue to call out the bias going on in this forum.
You already lit a torch now it's time to light the entire room. With folks at the end, we will fold out the darkness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
If you're talking about Clifford Orji then I think he's dead, at least that's what I read.
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I could ask my dad , but he is not too keen on my choice of path

I wish I could meet with Wole soyinka , if you are here sir you are the only man I respect , been one of the first Atheists to come out , I'll make sure we talk before my death sir , I know you have answers for the youths to return Nigeria to her fomer glory , We are ready Sir!
Wole Soyinka is atheist? Wawu, I never knew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
Possiblegee
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
But some people get mind o ,to day use knife � slash person body and then eat am God protect and help us amen

2 Likes

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Nezzjnr: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
So he's still alive shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by TheSourcerer: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2020
Nezzjnr:
So he's still alive shocked shocked
very possible but would be living on low-key
Re: Serial Killer Reveal 9 Clifford Oriji The Nigerian Cannibal And Others by Omar09(m): 8:31am On Jun 23, 2020
TheSourcerer:

On it!

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Lady Slapped To The Floor After She Punched A Man At A Club / Does Bathing Soap (ose Biza) Have Consequences. / Weed Is The Only Thing That Gives Me Joy” - Princess Odume Who Hacked Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.