Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,955 members, 7,949,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? (1475 Views)

Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? / Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? / Is Age Barrier An Issue In Marital Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2011
My friend is an event planner/personal manager. She is married with one child and she is very successful in her field. She was given a contract to go oversea and plan a big wedding for a celebrity. However, my friend's husband is old fashioned. He believe that a woman's place is in the HOME and not outside the home.

Before they got married she was just a student and her husband was the primary breadwinner. She is now the primary breadwinner because she is making more than him. He doesn't like that and think that she need to take a break.

My question to the MEN and the women can answer if they must. Why is THIS SUCH AN ISSUE in an old fashioned relationship?
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by koolchicco: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
Take a break? Is he capable of providing for the family if she does? undecided
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2011
You better cook my steak and get off the computer!
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Mygoldie(f): 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
lol,men don't like it when a woman earn more than them,it makes them feel inferior and have a low self esteem, and such men go about cheating whilst looking for a woman,of whom they can handle,both in bed and money wise.i actually heard this from my best friend(a guy).
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2011
Yes, Mygoldie! I was shocked when I heard this was such a problem in a relationship. I am like oh my goodness! I even asked my husband a while back what if I make more than him and have to be away from the home. He actually gave me this lecture about how women are the nurturer and the men are the provider.

I asked my brother who is married what if his wife made more money than him how would he feel about that he actually got pissed off. Mind you they are married so what money she bring home is his as well. I do not understand why MOST men feel that a woman making more than a man is the END OF THE WORLD?

Married couples share everything so that shouldn't be an issue of who make the most. Should it?
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by koolchicco: 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Married couples share everything so that shouldn't be an issue of who make the most. Should it?

TBH, It shouldn't be a prob but u knw sometimes its all the women's fault.

When they have such financial advantages then they tend to misbehave even more. undecided
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by donkennyakademy(m): 12:10am On Jan 25, 2011
dat is one of d tins we see in marrage.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MOBO444(f): 12:30am On Jan 25, 2011
@ Poster if it becomes an issue you can handle him like this.

Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by asha80(m): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2011
come no be this guy wey grow for ngor okpala street owerri be this?^^^^ at least facially?
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Dsense(m): 1:25am On Jan 25, 2011
@MOBO419,
Where did you find this kinda pichie grin grin grin angry

OP.
It's just that the husband is so jealous ,Doesn't want her up his level . . . . .However not every man thinks in this way! , .I'm sure you know that!!! wink
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 1:35am On Jan 25, 2011
koolchicco:

TBH, It shouldn't be a prob but u knw sometimes its all the women's fault.

When they have such financial advantages then they tend to misbehave even more. undecided

It is always the woman's fault huh? Men do not take accountability for shit huh? Typical.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 1:36am On Jan 25, 2011
MOBO444:

@ Poster if it becomes an issue you can handle him like this.

Mobo,

Just come out the closet. We already know you like men boo. It is okay. You might want to watch your back though.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 1:37am On Jan 25, 2011
donkennyakademy:

dat is one of d tins we see in marrage.

Explain please.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 25, 2011
I have no problem with it. The real question is . . . DOES SHE?

To some women, making more money than her man makes slowly (and some quickly) warps her thinking .
Yes, to some women SHE has a problem with making more money than her man.

She might not think much of it at first, in fact she'll think "I'm such a good woman not rubbing it in my husband's face". But as time goes on and as lovers quarrel over other things as lovers do, she'll start to include this into her thought-process as well as to why she should get her way in an argument. and before you know it, she has lost respect for the man.

It typically doesn't happen in a day, neither does it happen in a year, but it does happen in minds of all but the strongest, most understanding and most mature of women.

Men know this, this is why they object to it before it gets to that point.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Phate07(m): 2:05am On Jan 25, 2011

I definitely wouldn't want my lady to be earning more than me. Definitely not. angry
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 2:06am On Jan 25, 2011
Typical AFrican man^^^^
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Dsense(m): 2:11am On Jan 25, 2011
^^^Typical yaba left mental patient angry
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by ShyOne(f): 2:22am On Jan 25, 2011
Well only in the past few days did I find out that my guy makes more money than I do. I was really relieved and happy - because usually I am the top bread winner and it really, really feels good to know that he makes more money.

yayyyyyy!!

I make good money but he makes more money. I want him to always be the Alpha male in our relationship in word, action and deeds. He is a great guy and very loving. It was still a relief to know that he makes more.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by ShyOne(f): 2:24am On Jan 25, 2011
@ mobo - that picture - I have no words.

His backside looks feminine - is his backside airbrushed? lolololololol - it looks deformed almost. I would never sleep with a man whose backside was not in proportion with his body. The backside is out of proportion. hahahahaha. Oooooo good grief. You NLers keep me laughing.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Phate07(m): 2:36am On Jan 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Typical AFrican man^^^^

Typical African man's wife.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 2:36am On Jan 25, 2011
Hissssssssss!
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 2:38am On Jan 25, 2011
I will never let my husband dominate me and if he make more money than me that fine. But as far as me being beneath him. Never.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Phate07(m): 2:46am On Jan 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I will never let my husband dominate me and if he make more money than me that fine. But as far as me being beneath him. Never.

Yeah! Until you meet me. undecided
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 2:47am On Jan 25, 2011
Why would I meet you? undecided
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Phate07(m): 2:50am On Jan 25, 2011

And who wants to meet you? undecided
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Dsense(m): 2:54am On Jan 25, 2011
^^^Bros why are you begging for dirty . . . . lipsrsealed?
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Phate07(m): 2:57am On Jan 25, 2011

What? Am just sporting with her. grin grin
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima1(f): 3:08am On Jan 25, 2011
You would be surprised who wants to meet me Phate. wink
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Dsense(m): 3:13am On Jan 25, 2011
Phate07:

What? Am just sporting with her. grin grin

Stay away from her . . I have tried her last weekend and her something is very dirty grin grin
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by MrsChima1(f): 3:15am On Jan 25, 2011
Take your limp arse to bed.
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Dsense(m): 3:56am On Jan 25, 2011
Ok ma grin
Re: Why Is This Such An Issue In A Relationship? by Phate07(m): 4:02am On Jan 25, 2011

You aint got no bed. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Proposing To A Man / How Far Would You Go To Save A Relationship? / Ladies And Gents. What Will You Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.