Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers (23779 Views)

Dollar Crashes Against Naira On Binance As Cardoso Warning Rattles Crypto Trader / Nissan Cabster Available For Haulage From Ibadan To Abuja / Cost Of Haulage From Tin Can To Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by PHIPEX(m): 8:00am On Jun 14, 2020
So how come a former Lagos state governor is the minister of works for 5yrs yet there is no road to Lagos port?
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by humilitypays(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2020
AnthonyVal:
It's wrong, absolutely wrong to allow importers & manufacturers to be clustering around the wharf for their containers. Every Zone should have a dry Port which should serve as the final destination for goods coming into the country. Only containers clearly destined for South West should be cleared in Lagos. There should be Zone Railway Lines that should link the Zonal Dry Ports with the Sea Port. This is my own opinion.
Omoluabis will not like this suggestion because it will reduce the privilege their Lagos enjoys currently and reason Lagos became a top city where they now threaten non Yorubas to leave Lagos for them after Lagos was developed and built by non Yorubas.

They will give you one million reasons why dry ports should only be in Ogun, Ondo and Oyo, wait and see lipsrsealed
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Babaken(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2020
Opexzy:
One solution is to make other ports operational to decongest the Lagos port.
Another solution which is not mutually exclusive to the first is to make cargo rails available... This is even the most ideal way of transporting containers...

Our leaders know all of these but they won't because they are making money from it while impoverishing and bring unnecessary hardship on their people. Later now, baba will still come out and say he his in SCHOCK
He is shock � already.
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmmm, me I go buy one truck soon oo, na so money dey that business
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by ursullalinda(f): 8:05am On Jun 14, 2020
humilitypays:
oh I see lolz

There are women haulers, and even those into heavy duty equipment leasing and construction in Nigeria.

My sister runs a heavy duty (bulldozer, payloader, escavators, cranes, etc) company, and she also has some trucks, its like a semi construction company.

I also know some ladies in Nigeria who run haulage and dump truck leasing business, one bought truck from me last year.

Maybe you act too sempe sempe lol that makes your hubby see you as fragile to handle heavy equipment business, maybe grin

Wow I envy her oh......that was my wish but I have learnt to be obedient......and he made some valid points so make I face front.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by ursullalinda(f): 8:10am On Jun 14, 2020
dingbang:
thats the probs with husbands sef, too afraid to take risks!

No he takes a lot of risk himself.......a goal getter that's one of the things I fell for......but he feels I should look elsewhere and leave this one......I have to humble na.
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Omoslim26: 8:12am On Jun 14, 2020
hmm if Maggie salt pepper indomie garri sugar fit add money since the inception of our darling fresident

then what are they talking about

abegi make all man rest make we jejely enjoy our vote o jeere
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:15am On Jun 14, 2020
Sysdatek:
Ibaka seaport should speed up pls

Uyo to onitsha is 4 hours
Aba 1 hour
Port harcourt 2hours

Which ABA is one hour.. with the roads that look like highway to the grave at the Abia state axis. It's a 3-4 hours straight journey

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Cantonese: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2020
Cutealexio:
The Lagos-Ibadan rail will start operations soon. This rail will link both Lagos ports, Ogun State and Ibadan dry port which will help decongest Lagos port. I'll also suggest that Ogun State (most industrialized State in Nigeria) should construct dry port which will be linked to the rail. Rail is the best way to move around logistics no doubt

Ogun state (most industrialized state in Nigeria)? I laugh you there. I am sure Ogun is in the same league with Zamfara.

Where has Anambra state gone? Is Ogun more industrialized than Lagos? Aba nko?
No let me vex for you bros.
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by dingbang(m): 8:16am On Jun 14, 2020
ursullalinda:

No he takes a lot of risk himself.......a goal getter that's one of the things I fell for......but he feels I should look elsewhere and leave this one......I have to humble na.
submissive kiss
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by DEADALIVE: 8:18am On Jun 14, 2020
There is no suggestion you give here that isn't on their table to remedy or cushion the port malady....

But if will amaze you how much the east and south even the north make everyday from the deplorable state of the transport infrastructure...

So Nigeria believe you can only be rich from an unorganized structure rather than making it organized and they loose money

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:18am On Jun 14, 2020
Opexzy:
One solution is to make other ports operational to decongest the Lagos port.
Another solution which is not mutually exclusive to the first is to make cargo rails available... This is even the most ideal way of transporting containers...

Our leaders know all of these but they won't because they are making money from it while impoverishing and bring unnecessary hardship on their people. Later now, baba will still come out and say he his in SCHOCK

Other sea port should be allowed to function. That's the last and final solution but Lagos and Fg no gree Cause of wickedness and greed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Hamburgfinest(m): 8:19am On Jun 14, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen the problem with the haulage at seaports is our government payed civil service and our men in uniform.this the truth they don’t want you to hear.I myself is a transporter that operate there.

It cost you minimum of 300,000 to get to Tincan or Apapa ports.you must pay from mile 2 to the port.
They have different sections,from police to navy to NPA even to all the security along the way.and they keep on increasing the money everyday.

For example nimasa junction we use to pay 1000k before,now is 10,000k just for one truck to pass..

At the end of the day the Transporter has little to take home cos you must maintain the truck and pay the driver and conductor,they sleep on the roads all weeks long,atimes arm robbers will attack them beats them and stole all their belongings...

Osibanjo brought the federal unit to help,but they add to the pain,they even increase the money to pass..All the whole security service chiefs benefit from this mess
I heard the navy chief makes 13 million naira daily on the area alone..

If any media hause that can help us expose the mess am ready to tell them everything.if they like they can come with camera so we can expose this mess in our society.
That’s the only way to fight this.It might be my part of contribution for the betterment of my society

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Lovelyn451(f): 8:19am On Jun 14, 2020
humilitypays:
Because after the Biafra-Nigeria civil war ended in 1970, Igbos who used to control Nigerian government policies and economy were kind of conquered by the joint Hausa-Fulanis+Yoruba+other tribes, so they used that opportunity from 1970 to date to clip the wings of old Eastern region economy as a way of cutting down Igbo power and dominance to ensure they don't rise again to challenge them.

So the military governments that existed from 1970 to 1999 headed by mostly Northerners and Yoruba made sure all Nigerian policies were against the development of Eastern Nigeria (Southeast and Southsouth).

They ensured Southern seaports are made dormant and none functional!

They made sure the plans to dredge and expand River Niger to accommodate large vessels and turn it to a seaport never happens!

And they used years of bad governance, looting to destroy Nigerian cargo railway operation that Oyimbo designed to be used for carrying large cargoes from Lagos seaport to various parts of Nigeria which will also save Nigerian roads....but because after the war, Hausa-Fulanis took over power and also took over trucking and haulage business, they don't want rail cargo to function since they own so many trucks on the road.

Should railway cargo function well, many Hausa-Fulani owned trucking companies will fold up, our roads won't be spoiling every now and then which is a good source of looting for the government controlled by the north.

That is why
but this is pure foolishness, transporting goods from Lagos to kano for #1.2m, haba, no wonder everything is just expensive in this country, how will somebody transport his goods for such huge amount and you expect them to sell it cheap...na we retailers dey suffer pass...God help us
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Bridget95(f): 8:20am On Jun 14, 2020
Cutealexio:
The Lagos-Ibadan rail will start operations soon. This rail will link both Lagos ports, Ogun State and Ibadan dry port which will help decongest Lagos port. I'll also suggest that Ogun State (most industrialized State in Nigeria) should construct dry port which will be linked to the rail. Rail is the best way to move around logistics no doubt
we have warri, portharcourt and Calabar seaport.we want these ones modernized and upgraded,that is the only way to decongest Lagos port.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by EPIJOE: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2020
I SEE NO REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T HAVE A DRY PORT IN IBADAN , LOKOJA, AND KANO,.

EVEN ACTIVATE PORTS IN THE EAST AND THE CALABAR PORTS.

ALL THIS CONGESTION WOULD STOP.
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by ogododo: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Buharidgeneral: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Cantonese:

Ogun state (most industrialized state in Nigeria)? I laugh you there. I am sure Ogun is in the same league with Zamfara.

Where has Anambra state gone? Is Ogun more industrialized than Lagos? Aba nko?
No let me vex for you bros.

Quite harsh. A whole gateway state.
Is a scarcism I guess
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:27am On Jun 14, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Ibaka deep sea port being built by Akwa Ibom State Government will be the master stroke that will finally decongest Lagos for Eastern and Niger Delta bound cargoes as well as Northern central flanks. Akwa Ibom is closer to the entire South East and South South than Lagos is and it is a deep sea port for mother vessels unlike Port Harcourt. From Akwa Ibom a vessels that has cargoes bound for states like Benue, Nasarawa and FCT amongst others just needs to pass through Cross River and enter Benue etc. Lagos needs to be decongested, it is no longer profitable to our economy for Lagos Ports to remain as they are today

And this same ibaka port is taking forever to be completed abi constructed.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by ImpregnaTor(m): 8:27am On Jun 14, 2020
what is even working well in this country.

what is wrong with our leaders that they refused to do anything right for the people..

I'm literally crying, these people don't mean well for this country, they have sworn that this country will never going to develop.

0 God! how I'm going to make a change!
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by MrEdimulo82(m): 8:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Cutealexio:

I sincerely hope Ogun state could take full advantage of the industrialization potential.
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by odinga1of: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Sysdatek:
Ibaka seaport should speed up pls

Uyo to onitsha is 4 hours
Aba 1 hour
Port harcourt 2hours

White elephant project
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Ubiman(m): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2020
All these talk just to avoid staring the real truth in the face. Only decongestion of Lagos port through activation of ports in the South South which has natural continental shelf for ships to come closer to shore thus reducing shipping and offloading costs and decongesting other ports. You all are afraid of the East and South South growing because that will automatically spell doom for the greedy control of the West and North over these areas.

Cutealexio:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2020
paddyofboss:
How much is the cost of a truck?
trucks are in sizes na
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 14, 2020
humilitypays:
Because after the Biafra-Nigeria civil war ended in 1970, Igbos who used to control Nigerian government policies and economy were kind of conquered by the joint Hausa-Fulanis+Yoruba+other tribes, so they used that opportunity from 1970 to date to clip the wings of old Eastern region economy as a way of cutting down Igbo power and dominance to ensure they don't rise again to challenge them.

So the military governments that existed from 1970 to 1999 headed by mostly Northerners and Yoruba made sure all Nigerian policies were against the development of Eastern Nigeria (Southeast and Southsouth).

They ensured Southern seaports are made dormant and none functional!

They made sure the plans to dredge and expand River Niger to accommodate large vessels and turn it to a seaport never happens!

And they used years of bad governance, looting to destroy Nigerian cargo railway operation that Oyimbo designed to be used for carrying large cargoes from Lagos seaport to various parts of Nigeria which will also save Nigerian roads....but because after the war, Hausa-Fulanis took over power and also took over trucking and haulage business, they don't want rail cargo to function since they own so many trucks on the road.

Should railway cargo function well, many Hausa-Fulani owned trucking companies will fold up, our roads won't be spoiling every now and then which is a good source of looting for the government controlled by the north.

That is why

While every other thing you typed there is true, it's impossible to dredge the Niger to the extent it functions like a deep sea port. All you can put on it is shallow draught barges, not ocean going vessels

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:42am On Jun 14, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Me Ive not been to Lagos but when I look at my map, I see not only Lagos but Akwaibom, rivers, and calabar are linked to the sea, infact rivers looks like its outside d map, its on the sea gan gan, so why are we using only Lagos port
that is why someone said it is a shithole, another said it is a zoo.

U know why? The officers handling clearing operations and running of the port including the leaders are thinking/reasoning backward!

Let me inform you that the prerequisite to be in all these big position is to be utterly dumb and clueless as far as naija is concerned. These guys always feel insecure when they encounter or have to work with a cerebral and intelligent fellow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by otokx(m): 8:48am On Jun 14, 2020
ogododo:

Yet Warri Port no de function

Warri has started functioning.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by humilitypays(m): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

While every other thing you typed there is true, it's impossible to dredge the Niger to the extent it functions like a deep sea port. All you can put on it is shallow draught barges, not ocean going vessels
You are right, but an in-law who runs a dredging company said it can be dredged to take some kind of big vessels but that it will cost so much that only a government without any other seaport option will embark on the project.

They can start with making it a shallow seaport that can accommodate light vessels at least, if Nigeria was run with fairness and equity
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by 001Usuf(m): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2020
You're right but you've to talk about those ones in Port Harcourt, Onne...

You should talk about the expenses in W.A.C.T (West Africa Container Terminal) and their bad roads.

Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by lildush(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2020
gambia:
Problems just full this country.
70% of d problem na buhari bring am come give us... He must go
Re: High Cost Of Haulage From Lagos Port Rattles Importers, Manufacturers by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:08am On Jun 14, 2020
humilitypays:
oh I see lolz

There are women haulers, and even those into heavy duty equipment leasing and construction in Nigeria.

My sister runs a heavy duty (bulldozer, payloader, escavators, cranes, etc) company, and she also has some trucks, its like a semi construction company.

I also know some ladies in Nigeria who run haulage and dump truck leasing business, one bought truck from me last year.

Maybe you act too sempe sempe lol that makes your hubby see you as fragile to handle heavy equipment business, maybe grin
....Hi.Are you into the sell of trucks? If yes let's talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply / I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil / My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.