Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,851 members, 7,848,457 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

That Which The Majority Will Never Right - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Which The Majority Will Never Right (140 Views)

Perhaps Majority Will Be Saved In The End / One With God Is Majority / Hypocrisy Of the majority of Pentecostal Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That Which The Majority Will Never Right by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
That Which the Majority will never get right

1.0     Introduction
We have often heard of statements such as “majority is always right”; “majority carries the vote”; “vox populi, vox DEI” i.e. “the voice of the people is the voice of GOD”.   These statements could be true and could also not be true as these depend on the persons and circumstances involved.  We have sometimes elected persons who met the desires and aspirations of those they were elected to serve and at other times we have seen elected persons act absurdly. 

As we look through the Bible, we will notice a different trend from what we have in the world.  We will discover that the majority is never right when it comes to relationship and walk with GOD.  There are uncountable instances that this has proven to be true.  We shall look at only 10 of such instances.

i.          The majority of people living in the days preceding the flood didn’t seek after GOD [Genesis 6:5-6]

ii.          When that world was destroyed by flood sent down by GOD only 8 souls were saved, the vast majority were destroyed [Genesis 7:12-13; 2 Peter 2:4-5]

iii.          When GOD rained fire and brimstone upon Sodom and Gomorrah, only Lot and his 2 daughters were saved.  What happened to the majority of those cities’ inhabitants? They were killed in the inferno [Genesis 19:24-25]

iv.          When Moses sent out the 12 spies to spy out the land of Canaan, only 2 of the spies (Joshua and Caleb) came back with a good report. The majority of 10 persons came back with an evil report [Numbers 13:1-2, 30-33; 14:6-7, 30]

v.          Elijah was the only prophet of GOD who stood for the LORD at mount Carmel, against 450 prophets of Baal and 400 prophets of the groves (that is a total of 850 false prophets) in a country where GOD Almighty is supposed to be their GOD [1 Kings 18:19-39]

vi.          When kings Jehoshaphat and Ahab came to enquire from the LORD on whether to fight against Ramoth-gilead or not, it was only Micaiah the son of Imlah who gave a true prophecy.  The majority of 400 prophets led by Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah prophesied lies [1 Kings 22:2-38]

vii.          When Ahab during his reign introduced Baal worship as the national religion of Israel, it was only Elijah and 7,000 (seven thousand) others who did not bow their knees to Baal nor kissed him.  The very vast majority of Israelites (millions of them) bowed to Baal and worshipped him [1 Kings 19:18]

viii.          Of all the children of Israel who were appointed to work with king Nebuchadnezzar in his palace in Babylon, it was only the 4 sons of Israel: Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah who separated themselves from the majority others and refused to defile themselves with the portion of the king’s meat [Daniel 1:3-14]

ix.          The majority of Israelites rejected the prophets who were sent to them by GOD.  Many of these prophets of GOD were rejected, maimed and killed by the Israelites.  The majority of supposed GOD’s people rejected the prophets sent to them by GOD Almighty [Jeremiah 38:1-4; Ezekiel 2:3-8; Matthew 23:29-33; Acts 7:51-52].

x.          The majority of the Israelites and their religious leaders in the days when CHRIST was here on earth hated Him, hated the early believers and the gospel of the Kingdom, while a very few of them accepted CHRIST and the gospel message [John 15:18-20; John 6:60, 66; Acts 8:1].

The teachings of our LORD JESUS, the prophets in the Old Testament and the apostles in the New Testament all point to one fact, which is that the majority is always wrong when it comes to human relationship with GOD: unfortunately this has not changed but rather it grown worse  [Luke 13:24; 6:26; Matthew 7:22-24; 22:14; 24:12-13; John 6:59-60, 66; Isaiah 10:22; 2 Peter 2:1-2].

2.0    The reasons the majority will never be right in the things of GOD

Firstly, the things that are of GOD are spiritual which a natural person cannot understand [1 Corinthians 2:14].  Since they are GOD oriented (spiritual) matters they can only be understood by persons who have the Spirit of GOD in them and therefore can discern spiritual matters [1 Corinthians 2:11; Romans 8:9; Matthew 16:17].

Secondly, majority do not walk or live their lives as ordained by GOD.  When we refuse or fail to obey GOD’s word, we show our contempt for Him and will therefore not hear or know His will [Romans 8:6-8; Romans 12:1-2; Psalm 24:3-5].

Thirdly, majority do not have the knowledge of GOD [1 Corinthians 15:34]. We know GOD through the reading, studying, meditating upon His words as seen in the Bible [Joshua 1:8; 2 Timothy 3:15]. We grow deeper and consolidate our fellowship with Him as we pray unto Him to open the eyes of our understanding and practise what the Bible teaches [Ephesians 1:17-23; Matthew 7:24-25; Luke 8:21; Luke 11:28].  The more we allow the HOLY SPIRIT to work in us and through us, the deeper we become rooted in Him [1 Corinthians 3:17-18].  One who does not read, study, meditate, pray for spiritual understanding and practise the Word of GOD will not know Him neither will that person be rooted in Him.

Lastly, majority consciously reject the truth of the Word of GOD.  The propagation of falsehood in most churches has led to most believers embracing the doctrines of devils [2 Timothy 4:1-2]. He who rejects GOD’s Word rejects GOD [John 8:47; 1 John 4:6].  He who rejects GOD will never know the mind of GOD [Luke 10:16; John 12:28]. 

Since the majority in the world, including the church are within the category of those who:
       i.          Are natural or carnally minded 
     ii.          Do not live for GOD nor obey His Word
   iii.          Have not the knowledge of GOD
   iv.          Reject the truth of GOD’s Word
It follows therefore that the majority will always be wrong when it comes to matters of GOD’s Kingdom

3.0    Conclusion
The fact (as seen from the Bible) that the majority will never be right on matters concerning GOD’s Kingdom have the following implications.
       i.          It implies that I am running this heavenly race as an individual and will have to look unto JESUS The Author and Finisher of our faith [Hebrews 12:1-2; Philippians 2:12-13] 
     ii.          It implies that as a believer, I cannot afford to join the majority in whatever they do, believe and practise [Exodus 23:2]
   iii.          It implies that as a believer, I must be kingdom of GOD focused [Matthew 6:33]
   iv.          It implies that as a believer, I must not swallow hook, line and sinker all that is preached from the pulpit.  I must focus more on the contents of what is preached or taught, rather than on who is preaching or teaching and must crosscheck all that I have heard with the Word of GOD: our surer word of prophecy [Acts 17:11; 2 Peter 1:19-21]
     v.          It implies that as a believer, I must be very mindful of churches or denominations I fellowship in.  This decision should not be based upon popularity, size, influence of members of such churches or denominations, but rather should be based on CHRIST focused or centredness of messages coming from the pulpits and the lifestyles of members associated with such churches or denominations.  [Matthew 6:19-21; Colossians 3:1-4]
   vi.          It implies that as a believer, I must hold on to beliefs, doctrines and lifestyles that will enable me to walk on the narrow way, which leads to life: the way that takes just a few people [Matthew 7:13-14; Luke 13:24]
 vii.          It implies that as a believer, I must walk in the Spirit and be spiritually minded in order not to fulfil the desires of the flesh [Galatian 5:16-17; Romans 8:5-8]
viii.          It implies that as a believer, I must ask GOD for grace each day to remain in the faith and to never take my salvation for granted [Philippians 1:6; Jude 24-25]

I pray GOD to keep you and I in Him at all times in JESUS’ name. Amen.

GOD bless you.
Re: That Which The Majority Will Never Right by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
And ur point is??
Re: That Which The Majority Will Never Right by hakeem4(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
thariodamaniac:
And ur point is??
I was also looking for what the op was insinuating

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Joy And Laughter Is Your Greatest Weapon In The Journey Of Life. / Perfume Oils For Sale / Odm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.