Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,827 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:38 PM

Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters (77988 Views)

FBI Arrests Many Nigerian Fraudsters In US / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Finnish Policewoman Gets Scammed Of N73m By Nigerian Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by BornRicch(m): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
nineone:
In terms of cyber crime, Nigeria no follow at all. These white bastards have made Nigeria the scape goat. Anyone into cyber security knows the countries with the real cyber criminals and they are protected by their governments. Their identities are well known by the US governments but they can't do nothing.
STFU.... Nigerians are not well known but every news around the world they're associating Nigeria with scam. Listen, I'm not supporting fraud, but in terms of Romance Scam Nigerians are number one. There are few Nigerians Who are into Ethical Hacking and can write script to build their own tools. Romance Scam is the most active form of hacking all over the world, if you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Crispels(m): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
Litmus:

False. Many Nigerians will claim that bad leadership and unemployment in Nigeria is responsible for high rate of cybercrime among young Nigerians but I beg to differ. Take these idiotic young guys to California and they will rather scam than work! I live in the US and I’m talking based on experience. The major issue here is greed, covetousness and a lack of patience. There are many people abroad - where the system works and they have access to jobs. Yet, many of them refused to work legally but chose to toe the path of internet fraud. Why? Because they want to ride flashy Benz cars, buy expensive stuff and live an underserved luxury life. Life is a process. You can’t expect yourself to start today and get there tomorrow. Things take time - hard work, failures, more work and perseverance. And the worse part is that Nigerians are ignoring the harm being done to the country. Nigerians need to stop celebrating and glorifying cybercriminals. Those guys are ruining the image of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Sir, these are not semantics. I gave you SOLID EXAMPLES not questions. Reciprocate with solid examples. Something like, when the Europeans wanted to defeat Benin Kingdom they offered up very powerful prayers until the kingdom fell. Or in case of a pandemic, all the babalawos, pastors, and imams converged and kept offering incantations and prayers until the virus miraculously disappeared
That's the problem with most people which I don't blame them for. "Religion " has become a barrier for humans and the truth of their existence. Listen to me, religion was created by men for various wicked purposes. But you human, You are a Spiritual being in a physical body suit. Do you know all this big men and powerful individuals(Global Elites) are spiritual, they make rituals, they bow to some entity in secrets. Research deeper, continue to question it all and don't cease in searching for the truth. Ignore Religion, but look at the bible stolen by the westerners and turned to a religion book with a closer eye. An advice.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by chaloskyx: 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
but we have been praying since now nigeria has the highest amount of church branches and cells in Africa yet nothing to show for it. other countries that are functioning properly did they do it by prayer? please lets look for realistic solutions to this nations problems not one of fantasy and spiritual hope
EliteBiz:
Firstly - Cyber crime (yahoo yahoo) can't stop in Nigeria, obviously.

Secondly - There will gradually be more restrictions and harsh treatment on Nigerians all over the world.

Thirdly - Nigeria as a country is currently at the edge of collapse (Economy, Security, Terrorism infact everything...... Everything about Nigeria is going backwards on a fast speed).

In conclusion - The Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians and not only leaders. We are our own problem. Truth is bitter. GREED is in the soul of 99% of Nigerians at the moment.

Solution - This country needs serious prayers, spiritual aide, physical realm can't handle nigeria's issue at the moment. If you can pray, please let us pray, Nigeria's issue is beyond physical, it is grace that we receive that we never collapse, sincerely. Pray for your country!

And for those calling for split, be aware that if that occurs, it can't happen peaceful, people will die. Pray

Nigeria should have ruined a long time, it is the little prayers that is buying time, The spiritual controls the physical. Now, more prayers are needed, sadly, People don't believe in prayers anymore, sincerely, please Pray!
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
chaloskyx:
but we have been praying since now nigeria has the highest amount of church branches and cells in Africa yet nothing to show for it. other countries that are functioning properly did they do it by prayer? please lets look for realistic solutions to this nations problems not one of fantasy and spiritual hope
Religion na scam, Prayer no be scam. Take note.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by dasparrow: 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
This is what greed and coming from a country that worships rich people will cause. If the Nigerian society were not into worshipping rich people regardless of how said rich people made their money, we won't be hearing these types of news. This internet fraud needs to stop. Seriously!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
abiolaoladipupo:

I was surprised he treated me like dangote's pikin and he demanded for my whatsapp number while he was attending to me , never knew he wants me to be his new customer. Cus i asked within myself what for? Why is this one asking for my whatsapp number . But i Shocked him when i told him to give me my money or i shout so everyone could know what was going on between us. I told him I'll have to decide either to give you money or not , no be everybody wey dey use WS be yahoo boy. I believe he'll never try it with someone else ever again in his life.
The Country is Gone.
It's really saddening.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by joepepsy(m): 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
Stop praying use your brain? No country was developed by praying.we like like to deceive ourselves.
EliteBiz:

That's why we are praying that The Most High should raise workers for the Country.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Litmus: 12:01am On Jun 17, 2020
Samylekey:

Some Nigerians just like to drag Nigeria in the mud.

Eh, it is only in your imagination and in the misguided mindset of black Africans in the continent that the exploits of Nigerian internet fraudsters and hackers “Drag Nigeria’s name through the mod” as you put it. In reality the outside world look at these exploits and think that Nigerians are smart especially coming from Africa the continent they look on as backward and populated by peoples whose IQ are equivalent to those of babbling retards.

Anyway, Nigerians invloved in 419 should put their great coding talents and internet skills to less selfish use and remember that there are human beings and destroyed lives in the wake of every successful swindle they pull.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Carlyboi(m): 12:10am On Jun 17, 2020
etrange:

Get me, I am not defending the US (I don't even stay in the US). So I wouldn't be reluctant to point out thier flaws. I am only concerned on the focus cause collectively speaking, if we keep blaming tech, we may never address the real issues. You said it yourself the, a lot of funds are already going into tech but the crime rate keeps going up. You think it is due to lack of competency? No, it is because these other sociological factors are now playing more prominent roles. The US banks are not as safe as the European banks but they are far safer than the Asian, African, Oceanian and South American banks. Yet they are more targeted than all these other places, why? If anything, this shows that the crux of the solution has, over time, drifted away from tech. Also don't lose sight of the fact that the superiority of the European banks is majorly based on process engineering and not necessarily technology.

So while I agree they will always be room to do better. I think a good deal of the "better" is not necessarily in tech cause the tech is here is not as lightweight as you opined. I have seen the strongest of technologies helpless in the face of systematic loopholes. The two extra things the US needs at this point, in my opinion, are process re-engineering and public sensitisation.

I mentioned the sensitization already...plus you just admitted there are systematic loopholes..then until tide of cyber crime and and internet fraud is stemmed down in The US and the attacks become less significant the people in charge of this institutions can’t lose sleep as the scammers seem already one step ahead of them or they’re not willing to quit anytime soon..There’s no level of public sensitization or criminal punishment that can highly reduce the attacks without this financial and banking institutions strengthened and the loopholes these scammers and phishing guys exploit continually get blocked..it’s a no retreat no surrender situation and it’s should be seen as a war for them just like the war on drugs they had in the 70s-90s in Latin America if they keep taking these with kid gloves their citizens will keep getting fleeced and financially wrecked and devastated and this just the logical sequence or pattern the events are gonna take its an impassive postulation.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Samylekey(m): 12:13am On Jun 17, 2020
Litmus:

Anyway, Nigerians involved in 419 should put their great coding talents and internet skills to less selfish use and remember that there are human beings and destroyed lives in the wake of every successful swindle they pull.

Now you are talking. Being an internet fraudstar doesn't proof you are intellectually sound or have an IQ greater than Einstein.

I will say it again, I don't care if you call me misguided - these fraudstars drag Nigeria as a whole in Mud.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by CanadaOrBust: 12:19am On Jun 17, 2020
EliteBiz:

That's the problem with most people which I don't blame them for. "Religion " has become a barrier for humans and the truth of their existence. Listen to me, religion was created by men for various wicked purposes. But you human, You are a Spiritual being in a physical body suit. Do you know all this big men and powerful individuals(Global Elites) are spiritual, they make rituals, they bow to some entity in secrets. Research deeper, continue to question it all and don't cease in searching for the truth. Ignore Religion, but look at the bible stolen by the westerners and turned to a religion book with a closer eye. An advice.

Another popular cliche - “You are a Spiritual being in a physical body!” Sir, r u at all capable of any original thought at all? How do u know u even have a physical body talk less of spiritual being? But that is outside your assignment here - which is to come up with solid global examples where the spiritual controlled the physical. Nothing to do with religion or conjecture about what global elites may be doing in secret
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by ofiko123(m): 12:20am On Jun 17, 2020
Inception:
Ok

Abike Dabiri food don done ooo grin

grin
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:28am On Jun 17, 2020
Revolution now. I stand with Sowore. Enough of these humiliations. Glad na Igbo and Yoruba names. No more tribalism
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by akigbemaru: 12:38am On Jun 17, 2020
EliteBiz:
Firstly - Cyber crime (yahoo yahoo) can't stop in Nigeria, obviously.

Secondly - There will gradually be more restrictions and harsh treatment on Nigerians all over the world.

Thirdly - Nigeria as a country is currently at the edge of collapse (Economy, Security, Terrorism infact everything...... Everything about Nigeria is going backwards on a fast speed).

In conclusion - The Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians and not only leaders. We are our own problem. Truth is bitter. GREED is in the soul of 99% of Nigerians at the moment.

Solution - This country needs serious prayers, spiritual aide, physical realm can't handle nigeria's issue at the moment. If you can pray, please let us pray, Nigeria's issue is beyond physical, it is grace that we receive that we never collapse, sincerely. Pray for your country!

And for those calling for split, be aware that if that occurs, it can't happen peaceful, people will die. Pray

Nigeria should have ruined a long time, it is the little prayers that is buying time, The spiritual controls the physical. Now, more prayers are needed, sadly, People don't believe in prayers anymore, sincerely, please Pray!
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Princeps: 12:53am On Jun 17, 2020
Ibo, Hausa and Yoruba. Always up to no good. Either you are doing scam, money rituals, fraud or terrorism. Dragging we minority tribes through your mess. God help this nation and deliver us from this curse and bad name.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by etrange: 12:58am On Jun 17, 2020
Carlyboi:

I mentioned the sensitization already...plus you just admitted there are systematic loopholes..then until tide of cyber crime and and internet fraud is stemmed down in The US and the attacks become less significant the people in charge of this institutions can’t lose sleep as the scammers seem already one step ahead of them or they’re not willing to quit anytime soon..There’s no level of public sensitization or criminal punishment that can highly reduce the attacks without this financial and banking institutions strengthened and the loopholes these scammers and phishing guys exploit continually get blocked..it’s a no retreat no surrender situation and it’s should be seen as a war for them just like the war on drugs they had in the 70s-90s in Latin America if they keep taking these with kid gloves their citizens will keep getting fleeced and financially wrecked and devastated and this just the logical sequence or pattern the events are gonna take its an impassive postulation.

But systematic loopholes are not necessarily tech limitations. In fact, permit me to take the wheel for a second cause I don't know where this is headed.

You are now it making as if we were arguing whether the US banks has work to do or not. In fact, you're now attacking a position I never held instead of contending with the actual argument. Anyone with some basic knowledge of formal argument can see you're just employing Strawman's argumentative fallacy.

Therefore, I would like drive the argument back to its roots. I'm not arguing against loopholes (that will be arguing against myself cause I brought it up) and I'm not saying the management should go to bed (insinuating I ever suggested this is actually ridiculous). I never said the US banks have no work to do. I never said any of these. So arguing around these things only serve to deliberately water down the bone of contention.

I said, and I've maintained this point from the start, that the reason the US is the major target of scammers is not hinged on technological limitations. I said the reason is more sociological. In a bid to buttress my point, I also brought up systematic loopholes when comparing with the European banks. Systematic loopholes are more about banking SOB (Standard Operation Procedures) and policies than IT infrastructure. In order to to address both the the sociological issues and systematic loopholes, I suggested that the US should do an extensive process re-engineering (to address the SOB) and public sensitisation (to address the sociological factors).

So like I said, your last message did not contend with my stance, it only went to attacked an easily defeated effigy which I never upheld.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 17, 2020
Princeps:
Ibo, Hausa and Yoruba. Always up to no good. Either you are doing scam, money rituals, fraud or terrorism. Dragging we minority tribes through your mess. God help this nation and deliver us from this curse and bad name.
So na COLLABO matter now grin grin grin
It's beyond that. Okk
.... a sick nation ejects DIARRHEA
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Carlyboi(m): 1:01am On Jun 17, 2020
[quote author=etrange post=90751487]

Systematic loopholes are not necessary tech limitations.
In fact, permit me to take a wheel for a second.

You are now making as if we were arguing whether the US banks has work to do or not. In fact, you're now attacking a position I never held instead of contending with the actual argument. Anyone with some basic knowledge of formal argument can see you're just employing Strawman's argumentative fallacy.

Therefore, I would like drive the argument back to its roots. I'm not arguing against loopholes (that will be arguing against myself cause I brought it up) and I'm not saying the management should go to bed (insinuating I ever suggested this is actually ridiculous). I never said the US banks have no work to do. I never said any of these. So arguing around these things only serve to deliberately water down the bone of contention.

I said, and I've maintained this point from the start, that the reason the US is the major target of scammers is not hinged on technological limitations. I said the reason is more sociological. In a bid to buttress my point, I also brought up systematic loopholes when comparing with the European banks. Systematic loopholes are more about banking SOB (Standard Operation Procedures) and policies than IT infrastructure. In order to to address both the the sociological issues and systematic loopholes, I suggested that the US should do an extensive process re-engineering (to address the SOB) and public sensitisation (to address the sociological factors).

So like I said, your last message did not contend with my stance, it only went to attacked an easily defeated effigy which I never upheld.

Bro!let’s end the exchange here!peace!Btw I didn’t read what you typed up there I have got nothing else to add to what I have said already.takecare.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by etrange: 1:07am On Jun 17, 2020
Carlyboi:

Bro!let’s end the exchange here!peace!Btw I didn’t read what you typed up there I have got nothing else to add to what I have said already.takecare.

Lol... or you just noticed how I saw through your weak arguments. grin

It's fine. Going from your last message, I already knew you had no points left so I wasn't expecting any serious come back cause anyway.

Let's just limit the way we authoritatively talk about subjects we don't know much about.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by amosrich(m): 1:13am On Jun 17, 2020
It will be better they start refusing us entries to many countries so that we would stay here and build our own country..but before then,I would have been out sha...
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 17, 2020
Zhegx:

You piece of sh.it. I used the word I M B E C I L E.....Nairaland had to sugarcoat it. You're the degenerate and a slowpoke indeed. Tribalistic m o t h e r f u c k e r.

Which obviously makes you a dim witted pre ejaculate speck of human garbage
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Carlyboi(m): 2:02am On Jun 17, 2020
etrange:

Lol... or you just noticed how I saw through your weak arguments. grin

It's fine. Going from your last message, I already knew you had no points left so I wasn't expecting any serious come back cause anyway.

Let's just limit the way we authoritatively talk about subjects we don't know much about.

. My weak Arguments?quit with the tomfoolery if you’re discerning you would know I’m not just interested in a meaningless back and forth with you....don’t twist the narrative to save face...I just wanted you to keep the long notes yourself or just post up comments and stop mentioning me.QED.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Studyinchina200(m): 2:15am On Jun 17, 2020
You called South Africa ordinary?

You mean Nigeria is far better than South Africa huh

quote author=DenreleDave post=90745821]Thank God no time to abuse igbo or Yoruba

If only Nigerians know the opportunities we are losing as a nation on the internet.
My frnd changed is ip address today and tried assessing online opportunities.. Coman see as opportunities plenty.

The most painful thing is that these opportunities ain't available to Nigerians... Nigerians are barred.. Ordinary south Africans can explore it
Meanwhile our people still praise fraudsters not knowing these people have tarnished our image outside.

I went to bank today to collect western union, just less than 30 dollars oo. Immediately I mentioned WU to the security men, see how they created chance for me among plenty crowd....

They think I am part of those yahoo boys.. Las Las I still settle them o coz they were asking for sumtin.. Anybody dt wants to collect WU is a gee boy for their face.. Chai naija[/quote]
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by etrange: 2:16am On Jun 17, 2020
Carlyboi:
. My weak Arguments?quit with the tomfoolery if you’re discerning you would know I’m not just interested in a meaningless back and forth with you....don’t twist the narrative to save face...I just wanted you to keep the long notes yourself or just post up comments and stop mentioning me.QED.

You ran and I'm the one saving face? How logical. Lol

Dude, if really you didn't read my previous message like you claimed, you wouldn't bother reading or responding to this one. If you were tired of the to and fro, you wouldn't still be here. I only made this last message a bit infuriating to see if you'd skip but you fell in helplessly.

Accept it or not, you read every word of that message. You just didn't come up with any superior argument cause I caught your deviation tactics. You resorted to an escape route.

But then here you are still. You'd rather engage in a meaningless banter than completing what you started. Or, ar least, appreciating a more informed standpoint.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by rafcrown(m): 2:56am On Jun 17, 2020
Bad Image
Loss of foreign investments
Loss of other opportunities.
Contributing to unemployment situation
Economic crisis
Social rejection in International communities
Mockery
Etc
Do something about this fast
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Carlyboi(m): 3:16am On Jun 17, 2020
etrange:

You ran and I'm the one saving face? How logical. Lol

Dude, if really you didn't read my previous message like you claimed, you wouldn't bother reading or responding to this one. If you were tired of the to and fro, you wouldn't still be here. I only made this last message a bit infuriating to see if you'd skip but you fell in helplessly.

Accept it or not, you read every word of that message. You just didn't come up with any superior argument cause I caught your deviation tactics. You resorted to an escape route.

But then here you are still. You'd rather engage in a meaningless banter than completing what you started. Or, ar least, appreciating a more informed standpoint.

No I didn’t,neither did I read this!Give it a Rest!i am done here
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by etrange: 3:28am On Jun 17, 2020
Carlyboi:

No I didn’t,neither did I read this!Give it a Rest!i am done here

Hahaha....

Lmao, dude you are a comedian! Are you trying to be funny or you seriously don't see the self exposure? You didn't read this but you defended yourself against its content. How did you now know what I wrote? Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by 007update: 3:48am On Jun 17, 2020
I don't see scam stopping anytime soon. The government is putting itself at a bigger risk with the kind of policy they create.
Come to think of it you are giving the corrupt government list of corrupt guys to fight..?
This guys are driven by the system and the system loves them.... grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters by Goodmannnn: 3:52am On Jun 17, 2020
This is my first time posting here . The post about 6 Nigerians sanctioned by USA govt got me upset and angry . First and foremost , let me clear the air by saying that what our Nigerian brothers did was wrong ,evil ,callous and unacceptable . Crime is crime ,no justification , period .

On the flip side of the coin, how about USA that milk Nigerians millions of dollars through visa denial. They know that they will not issue you visa ,but they will collect the visa fee, and give you one flimsy excuse .

How about CNN that is only interested in Nigeria money through advertisement for Dangote ,Zenith bank ,but don't report the daily killings for the world to know what Nigerians are passing through . I hated Trump because of CNN, but never again . Now I see why he calls CNN fake news .

How about USA ambassador to Nigeria who doesn't give accurate report of what is going on in Nigeria to Trump administration because his/her palms are greased .

In conclusion , if America is sincere in fighting cyber crime and fraudulent activities , I think I will be saying the minds of many Nigerians and beyond by saying this . America published the names of Nigerians who committed crime against them, on the same token, I challenge America to also publish the names of Nigerian politicians including heads of state who looted Nigeria treasury and stashed them in American banks . The publication should include their names, bank names , account numbers , date money was deposited ,interest accrued till date. If a child stole something and the father safeguards it for him, the father is aiding and abetting ,but if the father puts his feet down and mandates the child to return the stolen item or else he will expose him, the child will not only return the stolen item, but will stop stealing .

Social media have brought about some many social changes . That is the essence of this write up, no disrespect .

Please make this post to get the attention of Mike Pompeo and Trump .
Thank you all for reading .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Yahoo Boy Arrested In Kenya Cries (Photos) / Lady Kills Her Boyfriend In Uyo After Sex, Absconds With His Benz (Graphic Pics) / Fine Boy Caught And Burn To Death In Anambra (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.