Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,356 members, 7,923,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 06:57 AM

'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (48232 Views)

Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Guber Poll, Tells People Who To Vote For / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) / Godfatherism Must Be End’ — Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by GeorgeTheCoder: 11:05am On Jun 19, 2020
whizzler:

Read between the lines and u will see the side he is. Even his father took side with APC.
That obas don't take sides is a fable!!!

He is a kid
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Markchiwuba: 11:05am On Jun 19, 2020
Openbusiness:
Kikikikikikiki, the number 1 godfather in Edo is saying godfatherism must end grin. Just like Borrowhari said he will end Boko Haram grin. Can anyone, anyone at all become Governor in Edo, without going through "consultation" or "blessing" with the Oba? Let's call a spade a spade. Kings are the number one godfathers in this country. If godfatherism must end, then the royal system must also end.
stop talking nonsense okay
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Badonasty(m): 11:06am On Jun 19, 2020
Shey na babangida abi na abacha comot sultan of sokoto so who the Bleep is Oba of Benin!? Na so dem talk say sanusi can’t be deposed where is he today
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by wacoj(m): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2020
Its Alright!
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Markchiwuba: 11:08am On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Oba wey no get class..

It seems Oba Edo wants the same treatment like Sanusi... I thought people said he doesn't interfere with political issue...

Make he no go pass him boundary, that Frog called oshomole no get fear ooo. gringringrin

Osho baba go treat him fvck up oooo.

Slawormir, u better warn ur oba
stop talking nonsense okay
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by slivertongue: 11:08am On Jun 19, 2020
cc : APC... Oshiomole Ize Iyamu
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by moderatedguy: 11:08am On Jun 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Respect to the oba
As usual he is not taking side

Ogbeni! I don wear my intellectual cap abi na thinking cap while reading between lines already. Infact i dey even drag my weed as I dey read am
He is not taking sides

Na the way when igbinedion and pdp take treat Edo that year na im make you dey feel say he Papa join APC
No! He nor join APC. Every body including the oba vex the way when igbinedion and pdp take run Edo state
I repeat Oba of Benin nor dey involve for politics
That is why the oba is the most respected and feared traditional ruler in Nigeria.
You can see from the article he is advocating for direct primary and elimination of Godfatherism. Which means he doesn't give a fuckkk about obaseki, ize iyamu and oshiomhole

APC is going for Consensus....there might be no primaries...they are adopting that Useless thief Ize-Iyamu

2 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Markchiwuba: 11:09am On Jun 19, 2020
Badonasty:
Shey na babangida abi na abacha comot sultan of sokoto so who the Bleep is Oba of Benin!? Na so dem talk say sanusi can’t be deposed where is he today
don't say anythings you don't know
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Ezmans: 11:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Factfinder1:
Who else noticed how Dino melaye has been quiet and out of our political spheres he didn't say or post anything about the rifts between obaseki and oshomole or the crisis in APC and aso rock... Dino melaye is a friend of Hushpuppi,they do deals together and he has been scared of his name not been mentioned or dented he has been looking for ways to run out of Nigeria to go settle where it will be hard to track him down. As times goes by we will see and hear what's Truely happening
We all know, they all I'll be unmasck soon, see who leads a country

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Badonasty(m): 11:12am On Jun 19, 2020
Markchiwuba:
don't say anythings you don't know

Oga the roles of traditional rulers is ceremonial it’s even in the constitution...a commissioner of local government affairs can depose a long so stop saying I don’t know what I’m saying
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Markchiwuba: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2020
Trumpcard05:
Profound message from our most respected Royal Father.

This one should be loud and clear to all those spreading false rumors and crediting it to the palace. This is a most democratic message that aligns very well with what ideal democracy sho
Oba gha tor kpere.......Iseeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Markchiwuba: 11:16am On Jun 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by TheFearless(f): 11:18am On Jun 19, 2020
Edo we don tire for una mata.
Mean while

Wanna make money online without having to refer anybody? Then my signature is for you.
That's my way of giving back to the society.

All you need is data!

My signature says it all.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Minjim: 11:28am On Jun 19, 2020
Ayekotoo:
Direct primary is the best form of democratic process. It eradicates consensus candidature.
Only a corrupt person will support indirect primaries.
Direct primary will assure that a popular candidate in the party emerges and not a candidate that is able to bride the party excos. In direct primary, you can bride all party members. This was established in the 2019 primaries.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Frankiss44(m): 11:28am On Jun 19, 2020
omorttee4u:
Hehehe somebody should warn this Oba to distance himself from open politics.

He should learn from other Oba, that got dethrown overnight.

Can't happen in Edo State unless the governor wants to run mad.. �

2 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by AreaFada2: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2020
johnmartus:
Oba should not get himself involve this dirty thing. My best advise for him. Although their the same .
Neutrality does not mean collecting money from politicians and keeping quiet. As it is common in Nigeria. Like some monarchs went to collect money from Abacha and left Abiola to his fate.

Neutrality also means admonishing politicians generally to shun actions that disenfranchise the masses and are inimical to democracy.

Oba already reminded both politicians (Obaseki and Osho) in December that it was his grandfather who led fight for creation of Midwest. From which Edo and Delta states emerged. His father led efforts for Edo State.

That he cannot stand akimbo and allow those who don't know how the state came about to set it on fire.

This was after he went to see Buhari and ask him and his party to resolve the Obaseki /Oshiomhole issue. Yet their fight continued.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Eboski(m): 11:32am On Jun 19, 2020
Sermwell:

Stop talking nonsense!! I'm a Benin man, but all traditional rulers are paid by their respective state government, and the state government has the sole powers to dethrone any Oba, Emir, Obi etc in their respective states!! Stop hyping these traditional rulers!!
I don't think you are from Edo state or benin kingdom, if the state government dethrone am oba who will enthrone to take over benin kingdom?
you think say na beans when one yaya governor go wake up give obas sanusi treatment without the great people of benin kingdom put up a fight?

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by AreaFada2: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2020
Eboski:

I don't think you are from Edo state or benin kingdom, if the state government dethrone am oba who will enthrone to take over benin kingdom?
you think say na beans when one yaya governor go wake up give obas sanusi treatment without the great people of benin kingdom put up a fight?
They have no idea. In Benin all that govt staff of office is formality. It means nothing. No prince will take the throne. No king crowner chiefs will even enter Palace.

The seven hereditary king crowners (not king makers as often said) the Uzama Elders or Ancient Edion, more correctly obey an oath over 1200 years old to ensure monarchical continuity. They simply shunned British pressure to commit the taboo between 1897 and 1914.

Benin monarchy is not highest bidder or governor selected kingship that applies elsewhere.

5 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Angelfrost(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2020
fidelmarshal199:
Godfathers can never be eradicated from Nigeria politics, The only prayer we should pray is to have a good one. If one godfather is dethroned, another will be pronounced

Even abroad, godfatherism still exists... The difference is that they are smart and prudent enough to stay well concealed behind the scenes pulling the strings!!!

The ones here are too moronic and insensitive to bother hiding their intentions.

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by bigtt76(f): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2020
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by martineverest(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Oba wey no get class..

It seems Oba Edo wants the same treatment like Sanusi... I thought people said he doesn't interfere with political issue...

Make he no go pass him boundary, that Frog called oshomole no get fear ooo. gringringrin

Oshiomhole can never try rubbish with oba

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Eboski(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2020
AreaFada2:

They have no idea. In Benin all that govt staff of office is formality. It means nothing. No prince will take the throne. No king crowner chiefs will even enter Palace.

The seven hereditary king crowners (not king makers as often said) the Uzama Elders or Ancient Edion, more correctly obey an oath over 1200 years old to ensure monarchical continuity. They simply shunned British pressure to commit the taboo between 1897 and 1914.

Benin monarchy is not highest bidder or governor selected kingship that applies elsewhere.
my brother don't mind them, they are using their own kingdoms to compete the great benin kingdom of ages, make the governor try am in this 21st to dethrone oba that day will run mad inside government house. oba first sons know the day they are born they are Kings nobody gives them staffs of office, is just a formality. we don't have ruler � like Yoruba kingship, no politics to select an oba, no Oracle to appoint, government interference.

2 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by martineverest(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2020
omorttee4u:
Hehehe somebody should warn this Oba to distance himself from open politics.

He should learn from other Oba, that got dethrown overnight.
not even Buhari can dethrone oba..the last time a military man tried it,the admiral begged after Benin chief threatened to launch spiritual attack

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by martineverest(m): 11:56am On Jun 19, 2020
DonDraper66:
Oba kept mute until oshiomole was suspended ,,, oba dey fear osho baba
lol..Abi Oshiomhole dey fear oba..oba can eradicate Oshiomhole with seconds
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by martineverest(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2020
Markchiwuba:
Stop talking nonsense Oba wey no get class..

it seems u want Oshiomhole to die untimely death abi,?...no one can dethrone oba,not even Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by CapitalBank: 11:59am On Jun 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Respect to the oba
As usual he is not taking side

Ogbeni! I don wear my intellectual cap abi na thinking cap while reading between lines already. Infact i dey even drag my weed as I dey read am
He is not taking sides

Na the way when igbinedion and pdp take treat Edo that year na im make you dey feel say he Papa join APC
No! He nor join APC. Every body including the oba vex the way when igbinedion and pdp take run Edo state
I repeat Oba of Benin nor dey involve for politics
That is why the oba is the most respected and feared traditional ruler in Nigeria.
You can see from the article he is advocating for direct primary and elimination of Godfatherism. Which means he doesn't give a fuckkk about obaseki, ize iyamu and oshiomhole

ovioba, no dey answer this people again. Oba has given signal already

Edo people will finish it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by IJOBA2: 11:59am On Jun 19, 2020
:
IAIASICLAIA:
Well
Take a look at my signature
angry
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by martineverest(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2020
Rozz:
They began to loose their value when they start involving in politics
oba can never lose value in Edo state
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
martineverest:
oba can never lose value in Edo state
Then you are not in Nigeria
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by martineverest(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

Sorry.. Oba of ife is greater than oba of Benin...
how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Umahi: Anybody That Closes His Shop On Monday Should Forfeit The Shop / I Honoured Jacob Zuma To Attract Investment To Imo State - Okorocha Gives Reason / Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.